GOING ON AN INTERVIEW FOR A BOA PB POSITION ON FRIDAY ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

ElChief in Edison, New Jersey

62 months ago

Hello, I applied for a personal banker position last Thursday and they called me a few hours later. I took the phone interview and did well and have been set up for an interview with a branch manager for this Friday. Any suggestions? How long before the offer me the position of PB if they do decide they want to hire me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

BOA PB in Miami Beach, Florida

62 months ago

The phone interview is the initial step toward the process. The process is pretty much the same but the interview with the Branch Manager here in South Fl is the final step of the interview process before you get an offer. Usually, you meet with the Market Executives and if they decide that your a fit then your locked in for the job, the Banking Center manager is just there to see if he would keep you at that particular Banking Center. The final step is negotiating your pay! Initially, the recruiter informed me that my compensation would be between 29-33k plus commission. I got offer a little above that max so I was not prepared to negotiate as I was caught off guard. The entire process takes approximately 2-3 weeks!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Good stuff! Yea it was pretty weird, I mean in a good way. I applied and they called me with two hours. Then another recruiter called me three days later for a phone interview and now that was two days ago and tomorrow I have the 1st one on one interview. What should I expect? She said it would be with the branch managers and then the 3rd and final interview would be with market executives I believe that's what she called them. How did you get the higher offer that what you were expecting? What do you think contributed to that? Is BOA a good company to be a PB banker with and do the offer good company incentives with room to grow? What have you seen that you now don't like since you've been there? Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BOA PB in Miami Beach, Florida

62 months ago

I know the order of the interviews Manager-Executives can vary. In regards to pay, I believe my BA Degree and the fact that I had a couple of managers fighting for me might have contributed to that. The average incentives for a BOA PB is around 4-5k but the incentives are endless as long as you exceed your goals. The incentives are calculated based on what product you sell, for ex. a checking account gives you more points then a savings account. I love working for BOA, and the benefits are wonderful. Make sure you practice your role play and remember to ask open ended questions. Oh yes, and SMILE SMILE SMILE, they eat it alive!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Smile huh? lol
Yea thanks for the great tips, yea I figured they would pay you different amount for opening up different products. That's fine. What I've been hearing the most is location, location, location. I would expect the benefits to be great as this is a world wide know bank and they are pretty huge. Thanks for the tips. Feel free to add anything you think will help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ilovepink in San francisco, California

60 months ago

I recently applied for a position at bank of america.I went through a phone interview filled out my ASI information and I passed everything took a personality assessment test and 10 key test first in order to get to the phone interview.I have a interview on Thursday for the cash service representative position.Any advice or interview tips???and what kind of questions will be thrown at me?Thanks!any advice would help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kelly in Las Vegas, Nevada

57 months ago

BOA PB in Miami Beach, Florida said: The phone interview is the initial step toward the process. The process is pretty much the same but the interview with the Branch Manager here in South Fl is the final step of the interview process before you get an offer. Usually, you meet with the Market Executives and if they decide that your a fit then your locked in for the job, the Banking Center manager is just there to see if he would keep you at that particular Banking Center. The final step is negotiating your pay! Initially, the recruiter informed me that my compensation would be between 29-33k plus commission. I got offer a little above that max so I was not prepared to negotiate as I was caught off guard. The entire process takes approximately 2-3 weeks!!!

I pass the phone interview and I am going to interview with the market executives and I would like to know what they will ask for that interview in order to prepare better for it. Was it a group interview or just a one-to-one interview? Could you please give me some tips here? Thank you so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chase PB in San Marcos, Texas

57 months ago

Kelly in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I pass the phone interview and I am going to interview with the market executives and I would like to know what they will ask for that interview in order to prepare better for it. Was it a group interview or just a one-to-one interview? Could you please give me some tips here? Thank you so much.

I work as a Personal Banker for JPMorgan Chase not BOA but I'm sure the position is relatively the same and both companies expect the same thing. The position is basically a sales position b/c in addition to your base salary you get paid a commission for all of the new accounts you open. Ask a lot of questions about the sales environment, what is expected, how commissions are paid. One thing I told my District Manager before I got hired which he really liked was that I was looking at this job as a 100% commission job and was going to make enough off of commission to live off of and use my base salary as a bonus. He really liked that b/c a lot of people view commission as the bonus and live off the salary but the bank is paying you to sell and the bank really only banks money by you selling their products. At Chase at least its a very competitive cutthroat environment where if you work hard you can really make a lot. Let the recruiter know you enjoy this type of environment and that you can handle the competition. I have been a PB for Chase for 2 yrs and with my base + commissions I have made almost $70k a year which is pretty great here in Texas. Some of our PB's on the East Coast make six figures when you include their base & commission but at the same time if you don't meet your numbers don't plan on being around for long. Hope this helped and Good Luck

Kelly in Las Vegas, Nevada

56 months ago

Chase PB in San Marcos, Texas said: I work as a Personal Banker for JPMorgan Chase not BOA but I'm sure the position is relatively the same and both companies expect the same thing. The position is basically a sales position b/c in addition to your base salary you get paid a commission for all of the new accounts you open. Ask a lot of questions about the sales environment, what is expected, how commissions are paid. One thing I told my District Manager before I got hired which he really liked was that I was looking at this job as a 100% commission job and was going to make enough off of commission to live off of and use my base salary as a bonus. He really liked that b/c a lot of people view commission as the bonus and live off the salary but the bank is paying you to sell and the bank really only banks money by you selling their products. At Chase at least its a very competitive cutthroat environment where if you work hard you can really make a lot. Let the recruiter know you enjoy this type of environment and that you can handle the competition. I have been a PB for Chase for 2 yrs and with my base + commissions I have made almost $70k a year which is pretty great here in Texas. Some of our PB's on the East Coast make six figures when you include their base & commission but at the same time if you don't meet your numbers don't plan on being around for long. Hope this helped and Good Luck

thank you so much for your advices...I am going to interview tomorrow..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Queen-B in California

56 months ago

Hello Everyone,
Ok so I just applied for a position as a personal banker and I am super nervous. I am supposed to take an Assesment test soon. what should i expect?

SaltySkin in Henderson, Nevada

55 months ago

BOA PB in Miami Beach, Florida said: I know the order of the interviews Manager-Executives can vary. In regards to pay, I believe my BA Degree and the fact that I had a couple of managers fighting for me might have contributed to that. The average incentives for a BOA PB is around 4-5k but the incentives are endless as long as you exceed your goals. The incentives are calculated based on what product you sell, for ex. a checking account gives you more points then a savings account. I love working for BOA, and the benefits are wonderful. Make sure you practice your role play and remember to ask open ended questions. Oh yes, and SMILE SMILE SMILE, they eat it alive!

Hi!... Can anyone tell me what the Benefits are like at BOA? What percentage do they pay? And about how much comes off your pay check? If anyone woulf know that would be greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.