Background Check for Personal Banker Position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

ScottAL in Mansfield, Texas

63 months ago

Hi everyone. Iv been going through the interview process for a couple weeks now trying to land a personal banker position. I have gone through the group interview process and have been on 2 one on one interviews with Branch Managers for a PB position with Wells Fargo. I should hear back the results this coming week sometime. I really feel that I did well on the interview and have a shot at being chosen.

But here is my question, after reading on the internet that they do a full thorough background, credit check, its has me a bit worried.

One time when I was younger, I had an unpaid speeding ticket and was never paid and they issued a warrant for my arrest. I was picked up, paid the ticket and left the jail within a couple hours.
Also, a few years ago when I owned my own business and my wife was laid off her job, I went through some hard times and had some collections and messed up my credit a little.

My question is, how will this affect my chances of getting a PB position at a bank? Am I waisting my time continuing trying? Or am I being a little too over cautious and worried?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Regnum Defende in Chicago, Illinois

63 months ago

ScottAL in Mansfield, Texas said: Hi everyone. Iv been going through the interview process for a couple weeks now trying to land a personal banker position. I have gone through the group interview process and have been on 2 one on one interviews with Branch Managers for a PB position with Wells Fargo. I should hear back the results this coming week sometime. I really feel that I did well on the interview and have a shot at being chosen.

But here is my question, after reading on the internet that they do a full thorough background, credit check, its has me a bit worried.

One time when I was younger, I had an unpaid speeding ticket and was never paid and they issued a warrant for my arrest. I was picked up, paid the ticket and left the jail within a couple hours.
Also, a few years ago when I owned my own business and my wife was laid off her job, I went through some hard times and had some collections and messed up my credit a little.

My question is, how will this affect my chances of getting a PB position at a bank? Am I waisting my time continuing trying? Or am I being a little too over cautious and worried?

Perhaps YOU should do a more thorough background check on Wells Fargo. Stealing tax payer money should be a crime. That on top of shafting it to homeowners. You want to work for a criminal? Funny how you are concerned about a speeding ticket but they have no problem running the economy into the ground, then stealing TARP money, and all while getting propped up by their cronies in the government.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

sph in Northridge, California

63 months ago

Can you tell me anything about the one on one interview? thanks! I will have one on one next thursday, what should i prepare?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

B in Denver, Colorado

62 months ago

I am having this same worry. I am not sure if I an mistimenor assualt charge will disqualify me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

summer4me in Pennsylvania

54 months ago

ScottAL in Mansfield, Texas said: Hi everyone. Iv been going through the interview process for a couple weeks now trying to land a personal banker position. I have gone through the group interview process and have been on 2 one on one interviews with Branch Managers for a PB position with Wells Fargo. I should hear back the results this coming week sometime. I really feel that I did well on the interview and have a shot at being chosen.

did u get the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sph

54 months ago

Don't worry , u will be fine. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jessica in Miami, Florida

54 months ago

does any one know about the background check? I have passed both interviews and i was told im hired if background check clears. I have two DUI'S arrest and 2 driving w/o lisence on my record . this was never something asked on the application. would this driving record something that wells fargo hold againt me in the hiring process?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

summer4me in Pennsylvania

54 months ago

Jessica in Miami- I'm in the same boat but only had one dui and one driving when it was suspended in my state it's not counted as a misdemeanor only a traffic violation. In any case, I'm too worried about it but was told multiple DUI's they would disqualify. Try explaining what happened when you're offered the position. Also let me know if you get the job. good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jessica

54 months ago

summer4me in Pennsylvania said: Jessica in Miami- I'm in the same boat but only had one dui and one driving when it was suspended in my state it's not counted as a misdemeanor only a traffic violation. In any case, I'm too worried about it but was told multiple DUI's they would disqualify. Try explaining what happened when you're offered the position. Also let me know if you get the job. good luck.

did you find out anything with this situation?. some people say DUI'S dont count aginst you , but nobody hired can confirm this
let me know if you get hired .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CC in Emmaus, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

Jessica said: did you find out anything with this situation?. some people say DUI'S dont count aginst you , but nobody hired can confirm this
let me know if you get hired .

I've just been hired as a PB1 with Wells. When HR called to talk about the background check I was upfront with them about my recent DUI. She said they're mainly looking for charges that deal with theft or repeat offences. So if you have 3 DUI's then it may ber an issue. IU'm finished with ARD in June so it'll be expunged from my record regardless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

kgracier in Long Beach, California

47 months ago

cna someone say if they got hired with a conviction of a DUI!!!??? Im having a heartattcack stressing over this.

I have 2 DUI'S in 2 1/2 years. and also had my dues sent to collections. I have nothign else on my record. PLEASE LET ME KNOW SOMEONE!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Miriam28 in Birmingham, Alabama

46 months ago

my name is Miriam and I just got hired by WF for a Personal Banker 2 position.I am waiting on the Background check process.

It started a month ago, when I was fingerprinted...1 month !I thought it would take like a week. My criminal and FBI records are clean - never been arrested, DUI, or nothing at all, you could say I am a perfect citizen -and so is my credit report - never been late in a payment, my FICO is close to 800. That being said, why on earth it's taking so long? I am also licensed for investments, but never had any investment-related complaint either.

Every time I call my recruiter he keeps telling me that I am not cleared yet and that he can't give me a date...which is very frustrating to me since, as I said, I have a pristine criminal and credit record. I also can give them any info they need about previous employers or addresses, no problem.

the only issue I had is that I was fired from another bank around a year ago - I have been working for another financial institution ever since - because they made up I sold a credit card to a customer against his will, which was a complete lie...but it was the customer's word against mine and unfortunately they believed him. But I told WF about that - to both the recruiter and to my new manager and DM - and they told me that shouldn't be a problem. I even showed them a letter from FINRA - the Financial / investments industry watch dog- saying that they didn't find me responsible for what my former employer accused me of.

Also, I am not from here and I just became a US citizen - have been in the US for many years now, always as a permanent resident, always legal. Do they have to check my immigration status too? If they do that's fine, I was wondering if that will delay the process even more.

So please give me your advice and tell me if it's normal for the BKC of a Licensed banker ( PB2 ) to take so long bc it's driving me nuts. thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.