Tips for personal banker interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 257)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming personal banker interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Tim in Cambridge, Massachusetts

91 months ago

I'm 21 and just landed a job as a Personal Banker. Having great people skills will be your best chance of impressing the hiring manager. They want a people person.
It will seriously help to have substantial sales skills and experience in dealing with customers.
If you have none of the above applying for a Bank Teller position is an excellent way to learn a substantial amount about retail banking.
As always, the best think you can take to ANY interview is a mental list of questions.
Asking questions in your interview show your interest in the job and pleasantly surprise the interviewer. Remember, "the person who asks the questions controls the conversation." So be prepared to ask those questions while being able to emphasize your prior sales skills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (321) / No (43) Reply - Report abuse

Sana Farhan in Fresh Meadows, New York

85 months ago

What kind of questions do i need to ask for the personal banker interview?
Are there any questions i need to avoid?
should i ask about the salary compansation in the begining?
What kind of dressing is best for girls?
Does it really matter what style are you in and what color are you in for the interview? and Do i need to be very selective for the dressing on my interview day?
How much my gender and race gonna effect my interviewer?
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (242) / No (35) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Indianapolis, Indiana

83 months ago

Well, I dont think that your gender or race will have anything to do with it. BUT I just had my interview with the branch manager to be a personal banker. I have another interview with the regional manager.

What I did find out is that be prepared atleast for Chase ...make sure you can role play sales. Like a common one is WHY do you want to work for "the company"? They had me act like I am the personal banker and the manager was the customer...So, you know I didnt do great at it. I knew a lot about what they had to offer but I didnt ask the right questions that would lead them to want to open an account. But the guy said he liked me well enough to have an interview with the regional manager but make sure to perfect my role play and then they will compare notes! But it's critical to know what to do for the role playing. BECAUSE they will have you do that! A good idea I have to help me prepare is go to another branch for the same company that you want to work for and ask them..and act like to them you want to set up an account and see what they have to say. I did it over the phone and all I got from them was information...and no selling me on why I should bank there and no questions really so...you need to go in person. BUT GOOD LUCK...you need to sell yourself! LET them know that you really want this and you want to do it for a LONG TIME!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (131) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Kahoa Corbett in Auckland, New Zealand

83 months ago

I am going for personal banker interview on monday and i definately need help. what questions will they be asking?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (304) / No (53) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Kahoa Corbett in Auckland, New Zealand said: I am going for personal banker interview on monday and i definately need help. what questions will they be asking?

explain something difficult that you dealt with and how did you turn it around to make it better?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (94) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer Bond in Indianapolis, Indiana

83 months ago

Well, at my company they asked why do I want to work for them? Then they had me role play like I am a personal banker...they wanted me to know the questions to ask to get someone to sign up for an account. But I am sure it varies from company to company. But mainly in the role playing thing...you just need to ask questions like you are a personal banker right from the start:

Welcome to ...my name is...
What brings you in today?...
Great! What company are you currently banking with?
What do you like most about ...?
What do you like least about...?
Do you have checkings and savings?
What types of balances do you usually keep between your checkings and savings? <you ask this question and they next ?'s to qualify the for the different accounts they have available.>
Do you have any mortgage's or auto loans with us now?
Do you have any 401K roleover?
Ok,great!
What are you looking for in a new account?
Ok,I understand.
It sounds like you could qualify for......what this account includes is.....and it also includes...and free checks the first time you sign up, free debit cards, free safe box, and discounts on different types of loans!
Did you bring you two forms of ID with you?!
Great! Let's get you this going for you!

You could always add more but this is the one that is easiest that I found!

Good luck. Normally the first Interview is the easiest...then the next ones are harder. On my first interview there was an assessment...that you had to pass and it's all about percentages...I passed it but...it takes a while.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (308) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

how do you turn a hard customer around say that he has been with the anz bank for so many years and he is complainning about everything. eg interest rates, account fees etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (216) / No (35) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Kahoa Corbett in Auckland, New Zealand said: how do you turn a hard customer around say that he has been with the anz bank for so many years and he is complainning about everything. eg interest rates, account fees etc.

and how do you work on your target as a personal banker? ( individual and team work)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (159) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

how do you reach your goals as a personal banker?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (235) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

explain how to be prductivity in a bank?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (95) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

what motivates you?

how do you work with a team at a bank to achieve your goal?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (118) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

where do you find yourself in the next 5 years?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (70) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

John in Dearborn Heights, Michigan

82 months ago

Jennifer Bond in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Well, at my company they asked why do I want to work for them? Then they had me role play like I am a personal banker...they wanted me to know the questions to ask to get someone to sign up for an account. But I am sure it varies from company to company. But mainly in the role playing thing...you just need to ask questions like you are a personal banker right from the start:

Welcome to ...my name is...
What brings you in today?...
Great! What company are you currently banking with?
What do you like most about ...?
What do you like least about...?
Do you have checkings and savings?
What types of balances do you usually keep between your checkings and savings? <you ask this question and they next ?'s to qualify the for the different accounts they have available.>
Do you have any mortgage's or auto loans with us now?
Do you have any 401K roleover?
Ok,great!
What are you looking for in a new account?
Ok,I understand.
It sounds like you could qualify for......what this account includes is.....and it also includes...and free checks the first time you sign up, free debit cards, free safe box, and discounts on different types of loans!
Did you bring you two forms of ID with you?!
Great! Let's get you this going for you!

You could always add more but this is the one that is easiest that I found!

Good luck. Normally the first Interview is the easiest...then the next ones are harder. On my first interview there was an assessment...that you had to pass and it's all about percentages...I passed it but...it takes a while.

I have an interview with Chase on Monday for a Personal Banker Position.

I recently had to file bankruptcy because of a shady business partner. Will this affect my getting hired? I mean, do they look that deeply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

jennifer bond in Naples, Florida

82 months ago

I don't know but I hear that bankruptcy does hurt. I have no clue. but great news... I got the job at chase! I am so excited!

by the way im in indianapolis, in, not florida ...I don't know wht it says im from florida. normally it says indianapolis. ne ways good luck!

all I have to say is be yourself , have a drive and be excited. let them see some energy in you that makes them want you! I am really excited!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

i have an interview today for a banking advisor. i just need some feedback on how to answer those questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Raji in San Jose, California

82 months ago

All the people who wrote these questions. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kevin in Arlington, Virginia

81 months ago

I just went thru my third interview it was the toughest and they guy who interviewed me was the area manager for personal banker.

I did not get the job ... and I know where i exactly screwed up... which I can whine abt and say its not fair. but they Interviewer asked me what have i done to prepare myself for this position?
and the toughest one was he asked me abt different products and insurances.
When I talked to hr department lady was kind enought to tell me she was disapointed that i was turned down and she said the only reason was I did not had any knowledge of products.

My advice from last interviews I have had with few companies is:
Certain things u want to imphasize on:
1. people person
2. customer service
3. team player
4. product knowledge.

WEll i am gonna do some browsing and see if i can learn some of the products online and apply again .

I do have one question could someone find out if u have fore closure and couple credit cards on late payments... will that affect u gettin the job at bank ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Rachael Garcia in Tucson, Arizona

80 months ago

Thank you all for all the advice. I have applied with Bank of America and I have an telephone interview today at 1:00 pm. Your questions and responses have been very helpful. I come from the Escrow field. Here in AZ we have title companies, which we are the 3rd disinterested party who signs the loan packages for buyers and closing docs for sellers. If I pass this phone interview, then I go on to another interview with the Branch Manager.
Again thank you all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Elkhorn, Wisconsin

79 months ago

Some of the questions by Kahoa Corbett in Auckland, New Zealand were great, but I am curious to hear good responses to them? Any ideas?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer Bond in Columbus, Ohio

79 months ago

notice she hasn't added questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin

79 months ago

Jennifer Bond in Columbus, Ohio said:
So uh those of u who need ur life licensce and 6 and 63 have already taken them and passed!

Sorry...

And I am not really sure what this sentence meant.

Anyway, I have an interview for personal banker tomorrow morning, so I was just looking for some poitners.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer Bond in Columbus, Ohio

79 months ago

Be very excited and tell them you want a career ...they really like that...tell them what they want to hear...but in my past comments you'll find some really good ones about setting up an appt. with a customer...they had me do that like role play and then just randomly meet a customer in the lobby! Fun! Be Confident!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jimmy Noble in Tampa, Florida

79 months ago

Sana Farhan in Fresh Meadows, New York said: What kind of questions do i need to ask for the personal banker interview?
Are there any questions i need to avoid?
should i ask about the salary compansation in the begining?
What kind of dressing is best for girls?
Does it really matter what style are you in and what color are you in for the interview? and Do i need to be very selective for the dressing on my interview day?
How much my gender and race gonna effect my interviewer?
thanks

Low cut shirts and short skirts always impress the hiring managers....good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (85) Reply - Report abuse

SUZANNE BECKERT in Minneapolis, Minnesota

79 months ago

THANK YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

SUZANNE BECKERT in Minneapolis, Minnesota

79 months ago

come prepared with questions to ask the person interviewing you, it will show an interest in the company and the position and not just how much money you are looking to make.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ryan in French Camp, California

79 months ago

how long is the interview process to become a personal banker

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

V.Rodriguez in Los Angeles, California

78 months ago

I have a group interview tomorrow with Wells Fargo, and I have no Idea on what to expect.. Will they be pointing out who gets to speak or do you just have to be the one speaking the most from the group? Do they have you role play amost each other or privately? Does it involve similar questions like those shown above... Why do you wana work as a banker? Tell me a time when a customer came in and was angry and how did you fix their issue? and etc..... Please if anyone has gone trough a group interview please reply back. That would really help me calm my nerves down.

Thank you,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Tara in Sparks, Nevada

78 months ago

I just had the interview here in Reno. There was 16 applicants, 5 branch managers and the recruiting representative. The have to go around the room answering questions like, why Wells Fargo, why do you want to be a personal banker, what are you strengths, what makes you the best canidate. Then the recruiter asks you to explain a time you overcame obstacles to reach a goal. And an accomplishment you are must proud of. Then the talk about the personal banker position. They open it up for questions. Ask at least 2 questions, smile often and keep eye contact. Show interest in what the other applicants say. Don't be a "nodder" (nod head with agreement to everything the branch managers and recruiter say) dress super professional and bring pad and paper. They also have you fill out paperwork. Take your time and be one of the last to leave. Why? cause they say that they will call you for a 2nd interview if the branch managers want to speak with you further or they will email you stating that they have picked another canidate. But when I left, the recruiter took one resume and sent me down the hall into a room where 4 other canidates from the group interview were (the ones who I thought stood out the must in my opinion). We all had our 2nd interview one on one with the branch manager there. Each manager wrote down in their notes during the group interview who the liked and told they recruiter after the group thing was over. So in my opinion, if you get the 2nd interview the same day, then you're on the right path. This was on Thursday of last week, so with St. Pat's tommorrow, I'm thinking Tuesday next week, I might get the call! Good luck to you and hope it helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

diana in San Jose, California

78 months ago

I m intreasting about the interview by phone.
It is 1st time when I have to do it.I don't have any idea about this process.prracticaly should be easy ,but if I did not do it before is not.I need some example please,if is someone who allready pass this kind of interview.

thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

pretty girl in Irving, Texas

78 months ago

i have an interview with district manager tomorrow for the PB position in chase..can anyone tell me what types of questions are expected from the district manager..i am quite nervous because they say he\she is the one who makes the decisions...are the interview questions similar to the previous interviews?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

PB/PS BILLY in Lubbock, Texas

78 months ago

natasha in Singapore, Singapore said: im scheduled for an interview in citibank in 12 hours..position of personal banker
any tips
fresh grad in econs
im a people person but i have no idea cos this is the first professional job interview how that might come in handy
i deal well with developing and maintaining relationships, im target driven and work well under pressure
one thing i need to know is how do i role play if say they ask me to sell anything at tht point of time a pen included or a folder thats in front of them
do i need knowledge about the products being sold?
thanks people

PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE IS KEY IN ANY LINE OF SALES. YOUR NOT EXPECTED TO KNOW ALL THE SPECIFICS. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW SOME FEATURES OF THE BASIC CORE UNITS CHECKING, SAVINGS, CD'S ECT... NEVER OVER PROMISE AND UNDER DELIVER. ALWAYS....ALWAYS ETHICAL!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Doug in Orange, California

77 months ago

Any advice for someone who is interested in a career change at 40+? Are there many 40+ers in the PB positions? Been in sales all my life, sales management & purchasing...so the transition should be easy. Good info here...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Tara in Sparks, Nevada said: I just had the interview here in Reno. There was 16 applicants, 5 branch managers and the recruiting representative. The have to go around the room answering questions like, why Wells Fargo, why do you want to be a personal banker, what are you strengths, what makes you the best canidate. Then the recruiter asks you to explain a time you overcame obstacles to reach a goal. And an accomplishment you are must proud of. Then the talk about the personal banker position. They open it up for questions. Ask at least 2 questions, smile often and keep eye contact. Show interest in what the other applicants say. Don't be a "nodder" (nod head with agreement to everything the branch managers and recruiter say) dress super professional and bring pad and paper. They also have you fill out paperwork. Take your time and be one of the last to leave. Why? cause they say that they will call you for a 2nd interview if the branch managers want to speak with you further or they will email you stating that they have picked another canidate. But when I left, the recruiter took one resume and sent me down the hall into a room where 4 other canidates from the group interview were (the ones who I thought stood out the must in my opinion). We all had our 2nd interview one on one with the branch manager there. Each manager wrote down in their notes during the group interview who the liked and told they recruiter after the group thing was over. So in my opinion, if you get the 2nd interview the same day, then you're on the right path. This was on Thursday of last week, so with St. Pat's tommorrow, I'm thinking Tuesday next week, I might get the call! Good luck to you and hope it helps.

Hi Tara,
Did you get the job? I had a phone interview with Wells here in SoCal, and have a scheduled interview for Monday, 4/21...I assume it is a group interview. Thanks for the info, I'm sure it will come in handy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in San Ramon, California

77 months ago

I just had my group interview today.I was nervous, but i think i did very well. Here's my advice for up and coming personal bankers..

Girls; Dress for your position. Wear a suit. NO BOOBS!! You may be getting interviewed by a woman, so just play it safe.

Ask questions. Be active in conversations. If you are telling a situation to the group; Speak clearly and make it short, if there are a lot of people in the interview.
Stand out ;)
Sit closest to the interviewer. It shows that you are confident.
STUDY!!! Knowledge of the company. look at there web site.

They want to know that you are a good seller. Share stories of selling!! not just customer service.

SPEAK CLEARLY!!

Questions asked:
-Why do you want to be a personal banker?
-When have you given great customer service? short and sweet answers
-Why would you be a great personal banker?

the whole thing takes about one and a half hours.

GOOD LUCK!!!

-Charlie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Keith in Downers Grove, Illinois

77 months ago

Had my interview with the branch manager today, it was pretty short and they did not ask me to role play or anything (I have 5+ years sales and customer service experience) and they said we'll be in touch at the end... what does that mean?? how long before they normally get back to you after the second interview? I am a ready to have a nervous breakdown because I really want this position.

PS other than Chase what is a good bank to work for?? I'm looking to make 40-50k including commision my first year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Hate to add to your frustration...because I'm still waiting to hear I did at the group interview I went to with Wells Fargo. My guess is that you are already "in" or already "out"...and by "out" I mean that the job may have already been promised to someone on the "inside" and they are just going through the motions. I know this is hard, but I am not trying to discourage you...but what will be will be, even if you want it more than the one they hire...and hopefully it's you. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Andy in Fort Wayne, Indiana

77 months ago

I have an phone interview with Chase tommorrow for Personal Banker. Any advice on how to land an interview? It seems like they look for selling ability, product knowledge, and knowing something about their company. I am a fresh college grad currently working as a teller at another bank. I had no clue how hard it was to get interviews and be successful in them. I really really want this position so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

goly in San Jose, California

76 months ago

guys!
this site rocks!
if you wanna work in the bank you should know that bank is retail too! so they want you to sell and that'' how they make they money.
sales and customer service experience is super important so as the background check!
Good luck :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ismael in Chicago, Illinois

76 months ago

I took the assesment and passed. Its good to know the company before an interview. It helps when they ask you why you want to work for Chase and what you like about it. Product knowledge is not so important in the first interview/assesment.

Sofya in Casa Grande, Arizona

76 months ago

What things do they look for in your Credit Background Check? How do late payments on your mortgage affect your chances?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Abbey in Odessa, Florida

76 months ago

I took my assessment test at Bank of America last Friday and I had my phone interview this past Monday. I assumed everything went well because the recruiter said she would be getting in touch with me later in the week to schedule a final interview. As of yet, I have not heard anything. How long is this process?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dwan_09@yahoo.com in Rocklin, California

76 months ago

Charlie in San Ramon, California said: I just had my group interview today.I was nervous, but i think i did very well. Here's my advice for up and coming personal bankers..

Girls; Dress for your position. Wear a suit. NO BOOBS!! You may be getting interviewed by a woman, so just play it safe.

Ask questions. Be active in conversations. If you are telling a situation to the group; Speak clearly and make it short, if there are a lot of people in the interview.
Stand out ;)
Sit closest to the interviewer. It shows that you are confident.
STUDY!!! Knowledge of the company. look at there web site.

They want to know that you are a good seller. Share stories of selling!! not just customer service.

SPEAK CLEARLY!!

Questions asked:
-Why do you want to be a personal banker?
-When have you given great customer service? short and sweet answers
-Why would you be a great personal banker?

the whole thing takes about one and a half hours.

GOOD LUCK!!!

-Charlie

did you get the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Thad in Los Angeles, California

75 months ago

I had the group interview in Orange County,CA over 3 weeks ago. During and after the interview I felt very confident, but as of yet havent heard anything one way or the other. I am a college grad with over 5 years of sales experience and even worked as a teller for 3 years in college, but i guess I wasnt what they were looking for.

75 months ago

Thad,

I had a group interview in April in Orange County, and thought that I "nailed" it. I did receive a "Dear John" letter, but it was a generic letter with no information I could use in my job search, so I emailed Julie to ask a few questions...no response. I then got an email inviting me to an open house at one of the branches near my home, so I called the branch and the person answering the phone said, "hold on and I'll let you speak with the recruiter." So I wait, then there is a familiar voice, "Hello. This is Julie _____". I said, "Hey, Julie, this is Doug...remember me from the group interview? I got an email inviting me to the open house up there today, and I'm not sure if that means that you've reconsidered after my email. Can you explain what I need to do next?". You could have heard a pin drop, she finally had the presence of mind to ask a few questions, and then say that her notes were in her office and she would have to review them and get back to me. She never did. A couple weeks later I get more emails from Wells Fargo regarding upcoming recruiting events, so I email Julie once more and ask her to, kindly, remove me from their follow up data base permanently, as this is getting kind of embarrassing for them. I have been in several Wells Fargo branches since, and been barraged with requests to assist me, and have come to the conclusion that they are trying to put a lot of people in branches at this time, and that, perhaps, having prior sales experience is not as important to them as having enthusiastic, trainable new hires. Kind of like having a blank sheet of paper where Well's Fargo doesn't have to deal with any bad habits or attitudes and differing opinions on how to accomplish their missions. Not having sales experience can actually be a very good thing as long as the other elements are there...be eager, be trainable...and be smart!

The last bit was for you, dhaliwal in Modesto!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Hi everyone! in Whittier, California

75 months ago

Everyone hello, i have been reading through questions and answers i have 2 interviews for wells fargo. My first one is in Irvine in 2 weeks. What kind of questions do they ask there? Also is there role playing there. For my 2nd interview is for a Teller job the following week.What kind of questions did you ask? Just want to go very prepared and know what to expect. :)

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Hello "Hi everyone!",

Your group interview in Irvine will be with about ten people, plus or minus a couple. You will have some paperwork to fill out ahead of time, including a sheet asking probing questions such as,"With all the companies hiring at this time, what is it about Well's Fargo that interests you?"...or something like it. Julie will give a brief intro to Well's Fargo and the position for which you are interviewing. After that, she will ask each person to stand, introduce themselves to the group, and speak about their answers to the questions on that sheet of paper. After this, she will ask questions of the group. Participate, but don't dominate the group...and don't talk just to talk...she is taking notes the entire time. Stay after the interview has ended, or at least chat briefly and politely excuse yourself if there is a valid reason for leaving...like another job interview, lol...kidding of course. All in all, I believe I was not moved along because I am further along in my sales career, and I believe that she was concerned that I would grow impatient if career advancement did not coincide with my expectations...remember, they are putting a lot of people in their branches, and there is a lot of turnover. Bilingual is possibly a person's best assurance of further consideration...I am not.

Good luck with the interview and please follow up here after the interview,ok?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Irena in Nesquehoning, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

Going for the assessment test on Friday for PB position, How much is the pay for this position, should I even bother???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

aaron in Grapevine, Texas

75 months ago

28-32k, plus comissions. they expect you to make a minimum of 1000 per month comissions. plus a 1000 dollar bonus if you pass your exams. plenty of people in high places in insurance, real estate, finance, etc/. have started as personal bankers, but dont do it if you dont like talking to people

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Irena in Marion, New York

75 months ago

aaron in Grapevine, Texas said: 28-32k, plus comissions. they expect you to make a minimum of 1000 per month comissions. plus a 1000 dollar bonus if you pass your exams. plenty of people in high places in insurance, real estate, finance, etc/. have started as personal bankers, but dont do it if you dont like talking to people

Thank you aaron--is this standard--what about JPMorgan Chase-is the pay structure any different? I appreciate any input that you may have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.