Anyone ever gone through Pharmaceutical Sales Certification course through NAPSRx?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 563)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Rufus in Saint Louis, Missouri

83 months ago

I keep seeing this ad and have looked into it but I am very skeptical of a $250 fee for training which supposed to give an advantage when searching for a pharma sales rep job. Anyone ever do it? Did it work? Or is it a scam which will not give an advantage but will only pad the wallets of internet scammers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (179) / No (38) Reply - Report abuse

Jackson in Nashville, Tennessee

83 months ago

Rufus in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I keep seeing this ad and have looked into it but I am very skeptical of a $250 fee for training which supposed to give an advantage when searching for a pharma sales rep job. Anyone ever do it? Did it work? Or is it a scam which will not give an advantage but will only pad the wallets of internet scammers?

I obtained my certification through NAPSR via correspondance course. The course is very informative and the membership provides you with excellent resource material. However, I have not found gainful employment in pharma sales yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No Reply - Report abuse

Randy in Saint Louis, Missouri

82 months ago

Thanks for your comments. I just received the manual today. After receiving a number of positive stories about the certification, I went ahead and bought it. Hopefully I will be laughing at myself in the near future thinking this was just another scam. Good luck in your new position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Stephan in Chicago, Illinois

82 months ago

The NAPSRx only trains candidates it will not guarantee you a job in the industry. You must interview for all pharma sales openings. It can only help but it is not like any education in life it comes down to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Susanne Duggan in Saint Louis, Missouri

82 months ago

Bill in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I have been a pharmaceutical sales rep with Pfizer for over 3 years and owe my start in the business to the NAPSRx. I obtained my CNPR by correspondence through the NAPSRx right out of college and then found employment with Pfizer. I utilized the NAPSRx Career Center which helped me get quite a few interviews. I finally ended up with Pfizer and just love my job. I recommend the NAPSRx to all individuals who ask me for help on how to break into the business. My sister-in law who lives in Michigan completed her CNPR recently and now works for Eli Lilly in Lansing. Getting trained through the NAPSRx will most definelty help you and provided thorough vocational training.

Bill,

I own & operate a restaurant delivery service in St. Louis. We deliver food from any restaurant that does not offer its own delivery service.

If you ever need help delivering food for a lunch presentation, please call my service, All Restaurants Deliver, and we will do what we can to help you.

Susie

***Message from Host******
[Edited by Host] Contact info deleted. Please use profiles if you feel you must publish contact info since you can control their visibility.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in West Palm Beach, Florida

82 months ago

The CNPR Training program is the only accredited education program that is available to entry level pharmaceutical sales candidates. I took the course back in 2003 and the NAPSRx CNPR Training is the reason I ended up becoming a pharmaceutical sales rep with Watson Pharmaceuticals. I know do the hiring for reps in over 10 U.S. states and look for the CNPR Training on resumes. I want to interview and hire candidates who have pharmacology training and exposure to the rules and regulations that reps must adhere to. I recommend the CNPR Training to anyone looking to break into a pharma sales career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Rolly in Scottsdale, Arizona

82 months ago

If one completes the CNPR training and has a solid sales and management background but only SOME college vs. a completed bachelors degree, does that help or do the pharma companies stick to the degree 'requirement' I see on literally every job listing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brad Kenny in Chicago, Illinois

82 months ago

Many of the larger pharma companies look for a 4 year degree but some smaller pharmaceutical companies will consider sales experience over a degree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Theresa Cochran in Westchester, New York

81 months ago

I work for Merck and I know they look for a 4 year degree. However, we do have some people who have had long careers in the military or in sales and no degrees who ended up working as pharma reps. I know our company uses the NAPSRx. I recommend their CNPR Training to anyone trying to break into the industry. It is a lot easier for the pharmaceutical companies to get new reps out into the sales field if they already have pharmaceutical sales training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin Aylor in West Palm Beach, Florida

80 months ago

I just interviewed with Merck and they want to know how much pharmacology and medical education I have completed. Unfortunately, I had none and I am pretty sure that blew my chances with getting to the next interview. Will the CNPR Training get me the pharmacology education that they are looking for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

maureen in Columbus, Ohio

80 months ago

Lisa in West Palm Beach, Florida said: The CNPR Training program is the only accredited education program that is available to entry level pharmaceutical sales candidates. I took the course back in 2003 and the NAPSRx CNPR Training is the reason I ended up becoming a pharmaceutical sales rep with Watson Pharmaceuticals. I know do the hiring for reps in over 10 U.S. states and look for the CNPR Training on resumes. I want to interview and hire candidates who have pharmacology training and exposure to the rules and regulations that reps must adhere to. I recommend the CNPR Training to anyone looking to break into a pharma sales career.

Hello,
I'm trying to get alligned with biotechnology sales / recruiters. I'm on the fence about a chemistry degree. Don't know much about biotech sales, wondered if you could point me in that direction to at least talk/meet someone who could help me decide. Biochemistry is really an eye opener.
Thanks in advance.
Maureen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tina in Nashville, Tennessee

80 months ago

Lisa in West Palm Beach, Florida said: The CNPR Training program is the only accredited education program that is available to entry level pharmaceutical sales candidates. I took the course back in 2003 and the NAPSRx CNPR Training is the reason I ended up becoming a pharmaceutical sales rep with Watson Pharmaceuticals. I know do the hiring for reps in over 10 U.S. states and look for the CNPR Training on resumes. I want to interview and hire candidates who have pharmacology training and exposure to the rules and regulations that reps must adhere to. I recommend the CNPR Training to anyone looking to break into a pharma sales career.

I am very interested in getting into pharma sales, and am considering doing the CNPR training. The question I have for you concerns the day-to-day life for a pharma rep. I am a professional, very friendly and can talk to ANYONE, however I have an awful fear of actually standing up and speaking in front of groups of people. Do you HAVE to give presentations, or does it depend on the rep.? I've worked with some reps, attended ''lunch and learns'', and passed reps in the hall, however that is as far as my experience with them go, so i'd like to learn a little more as far as what they do every day. (I don't waste my time and money if it is not for me) I would appreciate any responses!! Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tracy7777 in Jacksonville, Florida

80 months ago

Lisa:
I am currently enrolled in the CNPR training, and should have it completed prior to the end of Jan. I have 15 years of solid sales and sales management experience, included a couple of years account sales management for B2B sales reps. I would really like to break into and make a career in Pharmaceutical and or medical sales. I've heard it said, you don't have because you don't ask..so would you be willing to help me with some info on getting into Pharmaceutical sales? I don't have a degree, but have some college, and excellent sales awards, certifications in several sales programs, and as stated earlier, am currently enrolled in the CNPR class. My email address is: Tracybible@gmail.com. Thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marcel in Flint, Michigan

80 months ago

lool, you guys are very very funny. This is a scam, and those postings are from companies that work for CNPR and NAPSRx.
You have got to be kidding me, just get a freaken good resume writer,you'll pay about 150, and knock on every door.

best of luck guys

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Thanks for your candidness. I will do exactly that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Steven Neece in Washington, District of Columbia

80 months ago

As the Managing Director of the NAPSR it is time to set the record straight. First of all any negative comments you may see on blogs like this are definitely coming from small organizations that write help books for pharmaceutical sales. It is unfortunate that ignorant people post such outrageous things. The most important facts are that the NAPSR does work with numerous pharmaceutical companies, our CNPR Program is offered at over 300 universities/colleges nationwide, the CNPR Program provides vocational training for those individuals who want to break into a pharmaceutical sales career and the program helps thousands every year. There is no way that major universities and pharmaceutical companies would deal with an association that was bogus. You make up your own mind but if you have questions please do not hesitate to call us. See below for more facts about the NAPSR.
1) The NAPSR has recruitment advertising contracts with numerous pharmaceutical companies. This is true as they seek our members to fill pharmaceutical sales opportunities. They best candidates for them are our members who are experience or trained.
2) The NAPSR CNPR Training program is offered at over 300 major colleges and universities. These colleges would not offer the NAPSR Training course unless it was worthwhile and helpful.
3) The NAPSR has thousands of members who are pharmaceutical sales reps, district managers, regional managers, pharmaceutical sales trainers and HR staffing managers.
4) The NAPSR staff members are involved closely with the industry and appear at many of the national pharmaceutical sales conferences such as: PHARMAFORCE, IQPC, MM & M, etc
5) The NAPSR advisory board members can be found writing articles in Pharmaceutical Representative magazine which circulates to over 70,000 pharmaceutical sales reps and managers.
6) The NAPSR has worked successfully with thousands of individuals over the years, maintains current copyrights on all materials, maintains all c

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Los Angeles, California

80 months ago

I just got a new job working for a Austrian based biotech Company that launched an office in Los Angeles. I don't have that much information regarding Biotech at all. I know a lot about Pharmaceutical sales and have great desire for that. Is biotech as good as pharmaceuticals, I'm confused.... Any suggestions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dr Orsini in Clarksville, Tennessee

79 months ago

Yes, In Jan, I took the exam and am looking in the Nashville, TN Area. Are you having any luck? I am finding it a bit overwhelming to break into this industry. We should stay in touch. I have learned that networking is key .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Lisa,

Your comments were very helpful and gave my spirit a Lift. I graduated from NAPSR in Jan of this year. Could you I am logged in daily to NAPSR site. I found the education rewarding now I am ready to get off the launching pad. Any suggestion would be gracuosly accepted.
Thank you in Adavance.
Dr. Orsini

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Vera in Tampa, Florida

79 months ago

Dr Orsini,
I just posted my resume this last week on the NAPSR Career Links with four companies hiring in the Tampa, FL area. I am reading a book now called Insights, which is written by a Pharm Rep with over 30 yrs experience. It talks about how to be prepared for the interview, answering questions correctly, and what to expect when you get the break in the field. I purchased it as a down load on line for $25. Keep me posted on how your search goes.
Take Care,
Vera

Christi in Milford, Indiana

79 months ago

I just obtained my CNPR in mid-January and know I have interviews with Sanofi-Aventis, PDI, and Merck coming up in the coming weeks. I have studied the STAR questions and answers for interviews which the NAPSRX provided. Do most companies use the STAR question approach in the initial interviews?

79 months ago

Thanks, I will I have an interview on Monday with Lincare. Have ever heard of them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Fran - Recruiter in Cheshire, Connecticut said: I am a pharmaceutical recruiter looking for CNPR graduates to fill pharmaceutical sales openings in the Northeast. My pharmaceutical client is seeking the CNPR Training with some sales experience and some college. Please email if you have the above at rxstaff0117@hotmail.com

Hello,

I sent you my resume, two days ago. I do have NASPRX Certification
and seven years of solid sales performance.
I look forward to hearing from you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Theresa Cochran in Westchester, New York said: I work for Merck and I know they look for a 4 year degree. However, we do have some people who have had long careers in the military or in sales and no degrees who ended up working as pharma reps. I know our company uses the NAPSRx. I recommend their CNPR Training to anyone trying to break into the industry. It is a lot easier for the pharmaceutical companies to get new reps out into the sales field if they already have pharmaceutical sales training.

Hi Theresa,
I am a NAPSRX GRAD, any tips on how to get hired with Merk&co

Vera in Tampa, Florida

79 months ago

Very familiar with Lincare. They are a DME company specialized in Respiratory.

Windy Englett in Victoria, Texas

79 months ago

I have been a teacher for nine years. I have been trying to break into the pharma industry for quite some time. I have had some interviews with pharma companies but can't seem to get to the second interview. However I do have an interview with Pfizer Thursday in Dallas with a manager. What can I do to stand out from so many other candidates? I hear that they like to hire teachers because of their ability to teach and strong work ethic but I am not having much luck.

Thank you,
Windy Englett

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Me in Tampa, Florida

79 months ago

Rufus in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I keep seeing this ad and have looked into it but I am very skeptical of a $250 fee for training which supposed to give an advantage when searching for a pharma sales rep job. Anyone ever do it? Did it work? Or is it a scam which will not give an advantage but will only pad the wallets of internet scammers?

I would not do it. I am a pharm rep and as long as you have a 4 year degree and a "brag book" of sales experience you should be good. A great book to get is "Insider's Guide to the World of Pharmaceutical Sales." I read this book from cover and cover and it really helped me in my interviewing. I worked on getting this job for about 2 years before finally getting in. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Well Here I am again looking for advise on how to break into phamra-biotech. I graduated NAPSRX in Jan, 08 I have sent out so many resumes. And all with no response. Any one with nay new tips, or intetested in Networking with me. Please respond, it seems I need all the help I can get.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jessica in West Palm Beach, Florida

79 months ago

Hi Lisa
My name is Jessica, Im in persuit of a career in Pharmaceutical Sales. I would love to attend a NAPSR course. Can you tell me where i can find a location in the West Palm Beach area ???????????
Thanks a mill

79 months ago

Lisa:
Email me and I can get you the course much cheaper as I purchased it and NEVER used it; I got another job before completing it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

RMathews in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Bill,
Did you have any prior sales experience? I have some but I have worked the last 20 years for UPS and FedEx. I also keep going to job fairs that claim Pfizer of Lilly will be there only to hear that their recruiters couldn't make it. I think listing pharma companies just teases anyone who goes, then gets to the job fair and is disappointed.
How long did it take to complete the training? Thanks for any more info.

you can complete the online course in aprox 30 days. I have the course I purchased in Jan this year, and didn't take it as I got another job. let me know if you want it and you can have it much cheaper-

Erica in Boca Raton, Florida

78 months ago

I just took the course with 6 others down in South Florida. We are all interviewing with different pharmaceutical companies. I will forward you my resume and tell the others. We have all completed the CNPR Training offered by the NAPSR. I just talked to 2 others today and they are pretty close to getting hired with Novartis and a third person is close to gettin on with Dey Pharmaceticals. Your help will be appreciated.

Barbara in Memphis, Tennessee

78 months ago

Tracy7777 in Jacksonville, Florida said: Lisa:
Email me and I can get you the course much cheaper as I purchased it and NEVER used it; I got another job before completing it.

DO you have NAPSR's "pharmaceutical sales training manual" that was revised in 2007 ?

Thanks
Barbara: Mphs. Tn.

78 months ago

Yes! I just got it in mid January of 2008

Justin-Lilly Sales Mgr. in Chicago, Illinois

78 months ago

I work for Eli Lilly and we recently hired several CNPR Graduates. I know several of them would be willing to sell their used NAPSRx Training Manuals. Some are 2007 and others 2008. Email me if you want to purchase any of them at jst_lilly@yahoo.com

Brenda Probert in Denver, Colorado

78 months ago

I have 2 friends who want to buy some of the used manuals. My brother-in-law who is a pharma rep with Eisai has recommended to both of them to pass the CNPR Exam and take the NAPSR Course. What is the cost?

Chad in Lambertville, Michigan

78 months ago

Whoever is pushing this CNPR NAPSRx stuff would certainly have more credibility with me if they SPELLED THINGS CORRECTLY! So . . . you KNOW do the hiring? How can you be a business professional and not know the difference between KNOW and NOW? I've seen this exact mistake on other messages as well which makes me think that some of these posts praising a mail-order education system aren't quite right. I know if I was pushing something like this, I'd go pop up some glowing reviews on various message boards, too. Then of course, there's the less desirable alternative, which is that this individual IS ACTUALLY hiring applicants. If that's the case, well . . . at the risk of sounding even more like a jerk, I'll let you draw your own conclusions. I just get so frustrated when I think about all of the people from all over this country that are less qualified and yet make a lot more money than I do. I'm sure right now there's a dude sitting in an office who has difficulty reading words over eight letters long and who makes $80,000 a year. Or maybe he just sits around while the company wastes their money on his salary because he's so adept at creating the illusion of being industrious. Do you people know how many idiots are in the work force sitting on jobs we could have? It's just ridiculous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Justin-Lilly Sales Mgr. in Chicago, Illinois

78 months ago

I work for Eli Lilly and we recently hired several CNPR Graduates. I know several of them would be willing to sell their used NAPSRx Training Manuals. Some are 2007 and others 2008. Email me if you want to purchase any of them at jst_lilly@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Angela in Cleveland, Ohio

78 months ago

Bill in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I have been a pharmaceutical sales rep with Pfizer for over 3 years and owe my start in the business to the NAPSRx. I obtained my CNPR by correspondence through the NAPSRx right out of college and then found employment with Pfizer. I utilized the NAPSRx Career Center which helped me get quite a few interviews. I finally ended up with Pfizer and just love my job. I recommend the NAPSRx to all individuals who ask me for help on how to break into the business. My sister-in law who lives in Michigan completed her CNPR recently and now works for Eli Lilly in Lansing. Getting trained through the NAPSRx will most definelty help you and provided thorough vocational training.

I was a sales rep with At&t for 10 years, top rep in the office, very good in all the sales jobs I have ever had, I have a degree in Computer Science, how long did it take you to complete the NAPSRx training course online, I am interested but want to know the truth about the job please email ang2boys@ameritech.net and let me know the in's and out's of pharmaceutical sales. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Femi Oladinni in Baltimore, Maryland

78 months ago

Tracy7777 in Jacksonville, Florida said: you can complete the online course in aprox 30 days. I have the course I purchased in Jan this year, and didn't take it as I got another job. let me know if you want it and you can have it much cheaper-

Hi,
Do you still have the materials up for sale?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

A Pharma Recruiter in Overland Park, Kansas

78 months ago

I've recruited pharma candidates for the last six years, and I can tell you that the vast majority of learned recruiters are NOT impressed by a NAPSR certificate. In fact, in most cases it's looked at as a sign of a weak candidate who's grasping at straws.

Don't waste your money, just research the job, company and it's products.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Megan-P in Naples, Florida

78 months ago

I know our company, GlaxoSmithKline, has job postings on the NAPSRX website. I am a sales mgr. and would like to receive resumes for CNPR Graduates for the Southern U.S. Region. My email is glaxosalesmgr09@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Vanessa in Miami, Florida

77 months ago

Tracy7777 in Jacksonville, Florida said: you can complete the online course in aprox 30 days. I have the course I purchased in Jan this year, and didn't take it as I got another job. let me know if you want it and you can have it much cheaper-

Do you still have the manual, if so please email me at vanessaapolito@gmail.com and let me know the price... thanks

Cliff in Cincinnati in Rocky River, Ohio

77 months ago

DON'T BOTHER with NAPSR, it's a scam. These postings are from Steve or Brad or whomever, they all work for NAPSR and are trying to drum up business. They will do NOTHING for you but take your money. The exam and the book is a complete joke.

I've seen the same postings on other websites. Brad spends his time posting with different names to create the illusion that CNPR is worth something. Talk to people in the industry, they will laugh at this stuff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Florissant, Missouri

77 months ago

My son is thinking about taking the CNPR Course at the University of North Carolina. Why do the offer this course if it is a scam? The course was recommended by my husbands freind who works for Forest Laboratories. He really wants to work in pharmaceutical sales upon graduation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

sheila in Chula, Georgia

77 months ago

are your chances any better of getting the job with an RN degree and yrs of work than nothing at all

Craw in Saint Petersburg, Florida

77 months ago

Stephanie in Florissant, Missouri said: My son is thinking about taking the CNPR Course at the University of North Carolina. Why do the offer this course if it is a scam? The course was recommended by my husbands freind who works for Forest Laboratories. He really wants to work in pharmaceutical sales upon graduation.

How long is the course at the university and how much does it cost.

Craw in Saint Petersburg, Florida

77 months ago

How long is the course at the university. Also, how much does it cost?

Megan-P in Naples, Florida

77 months ago

Most of our new reps have taken the CNPR course by correspondence. As long as the applicants have the pharmacology knowledge and the pharmaceutical sales training education from the CNPR program it really does not make a difference in the hiring process how the applicant received the training. Good luck with your search and we look forward to receiving your application.

Amy in Lexington, Kentucky

77 months ago

Megan-P in Naples, Florida said: Most of our new reps have taken the CNPR course by correspondence. As long as the applicants have the pharmacology knowledge and the pharmaceutical sales training education from the CNPR program it really does not make a difference in the hiring process how the applicant received the training. Good luck with your search and we look forward to receiving your application.

Hi Megan.

I live in Lexington KY and have 8 years solid sales experience and a bachelor's degree. I am more than willing to complete any additional training or education which would help me in my pursuit of a pharmaceutical sales position. Do you recruit for KY? If not, would you mind to send me their e-mail address. I look forward to hearing from you. My e-mail address is amylynnsou@yahoo.com.

Thanks so much.

Amy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »