You gotta start somewhere

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (39)

scotty weatherman in Augusta, Georgia

82 months ago

try www.aurigalabs.com, they do not want experienced reps. they train. Trust me I've been looking for over 5 years and everyone told me they want experience. I was hired here in 2 days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

scotty weatherman in Augusta, Georgia

82 months ago

Shella in Fort Worth, Texas said: I am having a difficult time landing a pharmaceutical sales job. I do not have experience in pharmaceutical sales, and most companies require that you do. Don't tell me every pharmaceutical sales rep had experience going into it. I am educated, persistent, and determined. Just give me the opportunity.

go to www.aurigalabs.com, I had been looking for over 5 years and kept getting the same response. Experience, experience. I was hired in 2 days here and only 2 interviews. Awesome company very happy here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Saint Louis, Missouri

82 months ago

scotty weatherman in Augusta, Georgia said: go to www.aurigalabs.com , I had been looking for over 5 years and kept getting the same response. Experience, experience. I was hired in 2 days here and only 2 interviews. Awesome company very happy here.

How long have you been working for Auriga? Are they true to there words? Is the commission legit?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

scotty weatherman in Augusta, Georgia

82 months ago

they are legit. i've been with them for a hile now and they have done everything they said. Awesome company. Great products and trainig

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Keith D in Church Point, Louisiana

82 months ago

scotty weatherman in Augusta, Georgia said: try www.aurigalabs.com , they do not want experienced reps. they train. Trust me I've been looking for over 5 years and everyone told me they want experience. I was hired here in 2 days.

Scotty, is aurigalabs commission based only? If so, how is it working out for you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Saint Louis, Missouri

82 months ago

How are the comissions. Are you full-time or part-time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Saint Louis, Missouri

82 months ago

what was your training like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

scotty weatherman in Augusta, Georgia

82 months ago

internet based. do's and dont's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

scotty weatherman in Augusta, Georgia

82 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

scotty weatherman in Augusta, Georgia

82 months ago

Keith D in Church Point, Louisiana said: Scotty, is aurigalabs commission based only? If so, how is it working out for you?

commssion only, working out great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shella in Fort Worth, Texas

82 months ago

scotty weatherman in Augusta, Georgia said: try www.aurigalabs.com , they do not want experienced reps. they train. Trust me I've been looking for over 5 years and everyone told me they want experience. I was hired here in 2 days.

Thanks for your comment. I will check that website out. Are there any other companies or websites that I can check out?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

shella in Fort Worth, Texas

82 months ago

scotty weatherman in Augusta, Georgia said: commssion only, working out great.

Commission only scares me a little. Do you have full time benefits? And, what is the commission like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jill in Des Moines, Iowa

81 months ago

For anyone looking seriously at this company, be aware; Two of the senior managers were once part of a company called Synthon.I have a friend that worked for them for a few months before being let go with many others just before Christmas, with nothing out the door, which was difficult for a single mom. Most of the sales force was also let go. The company had a very bad business plan and failed in a short time because of that. Can't speak for this company, but with the same people running the show and trying to pioneer a new comp schedule, I would do a lot of homework before choosing to pursue a sales job with them. The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

scotty weatherman in Augusta, Georgia

81 months ago

I would advise anyone interested to talk with the company and not base your opionion of the company based on what some one who does work for them is saying. She is intitled to an opinion but has not real dealings. As you can read in her email everything said is based on what a friend told her. No personal experience her self all hear say.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Spring, Texas

81 months ago

Is it phone based sales with Auriga? Any traveling and face to face selling required? What are the monthly earnings like? Cold calling or prequalified?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Geraldine Davis in North Hollywood, California

81 months ago

Hi,

I am a Chemist with lots of lab experience, and my friends and family have been telling me that I should really consider Pharm Sales.

The comments thus far are helpful. I would prefer a salary with commissions. Any ideas there?

This would be my first time doing Pharm. Sales.

Thanks,
Geraldine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Willow Spring, North Carolina

80 months ago

Once you get that ever elusive interview this will certainly help land the position. netpro247.hunter3.hop.clickbank.net/

Shella in Fort Worth, Texas said: I am having a difficult time landing a pharmaceutical sales job. I do not have experience in pharmaceutical sales, and most companies require that you do. Don't tell me every pharmaceutical sales rep had experience going into it. I am educated, persistent, and determined. Just give me the opportunity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

John Long in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

76 months ago

scotty weatherman in Augusta, Georgia said: try www.aurigalabs.com , they do not want experienced reps. they train. Trust me I've been looking for over 5 years and everyone told me they want experience. I was hired here in 2 days.

Are you still working with them? I bet your ass is broke and out on the street begging! This AurigaLabs is a joke and evryone is no longer working with them!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

scotty in Augusta, Georgia

76 months ago

wow man sorry you could not cut it. I made 100,000 last year. watch your language. of course with language liek that I'm sure that has something to do with why your begging on the street.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

callum in Swansea, United Kingdom

75 months ago

scotty weatherman in Augusta, Georgia said: internet based. do's and dont's.
how long do you train

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ann in Macomb, Michigan

75 months ago

I have 17 years experience working as an Exercise Physiologist in cardiac stress testing and rehabilitation. I am looking for a job with higher pay and just a change of pace. Would a pharmaceutical company consider me even though I have no sales experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tc in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

74 months ago

scotty weatherman in Augusta, Georgia said: commssion only, working out great.

That's a LIES!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

scotty in Augusta, Georgia

74 months ago

" that's a lies." not sure what that means. when you learn to speak proper english you may be more sucessful in life. so good luck and remeber you only failed because you are not good enough.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Shaun in Fresno, California

74 months ago

scotty in Augusta, Georgia said: wow man sorry you could not cut it. I made 100,000 last year. watch your language. of course with language liek that I'm sure that has something to do with why your begging on the street.

I worked for them a while back. How is it now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Silence Is Not Golden in Augusta, Georgia

74 months ago

scotty in Augusta, Georgia said: " that's a lies." not sure what that means. when you learn to speak proper english you may be more sucessful in life. so good luck and remeber you only failed because you are not good enough.

Dear Scotty,

I too, and looking for a career change, and also live in the Augusta Area. I just submitted my resume (at your suggestion), and was wondering if you could tell me more about the company, and if they are still hiring in our area.

Thanks

If you would like to send me a private email instead, let me know, and I'll give you my email address.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

? in Statesville, North Carolina

73 months ago

Mike in Spring, Texas said: Is it phone based sales with Auriga? Any traveling and face to face selling required? What are the monthly earnings like? Cold calling or prequalified?

Who ever is looking into working for Auriga labs don't waste your time. The commission base pay is a scam. I worked there for 6 months and saw poor mangement, a compnay in finacial trouble, not enought money to pay the rep's who were doing all the work. REp's had to do b2b sales, no decent leads and spend administrative tim eon the computer feeding Auriga all the information for their files. Sample accountability didn't send samples in time and doctor offices waited weeks for samoles your promised weeks earlier. Too many problems and no pay. Keep looking at different co's for emplyment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

scotty in Augusta, Georgia

73 months ago

once again another failure blamming every one but him self. I love Auriga. Sorry you had to actually go out and do B2B sales, Sorry you had to actually get off your lazy but and work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

?????????????? in California in Bakersfield, California

73 months ago

I had to say something!!! ? in Statesvlle you are right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sam

71 months ago

I can't believe all the negative posting that goes on here! Instead of wasting time complaining, why don't you get a plan of action together and get the job you want. I used a great resume writer and interview coach at sdnconsulting.biz to turn my resume around. And the coaching I received really broke down the reasons why questions are asked in the interview.
It is an entirely different way to approach job hunting. I am more confident and don't feel that pain in my bowels before I enter the "room". I know that with every interview I am getting closer to my job. I've only been at this for 1 month and already I know what I want and want I don't want in my next job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Van Nuys, California

71 months ago

Like many of you, about 6 years ago I was looking to get into pharma sales. I had a few interviews with some large pharma outfits, but would not make it past the first interview because of a lack of experience.

Well, I am glad to say, that I finally landed a pharma gig about 5 years ago. Just this past July 31st, 2008, I was laid off due to cutbacks.

The fact that I have been in pharma sales for over 5 years, I have other pharma companies wanting me to come on with them.

Although getting into pharma sales can be a catch 22, you must keep trying.

Many years ago, when I was turned down by pharma company after pharma company due to no experience, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I went and got the experience that would get my foot in the door.

What I did was worked an inside sales position dealing with dentist. I sold TV ads to dentist over the phone for one year. I then decided to move into recruiting, which gave me some outside sales experience. I stayed with the recruiting company for about 4 years.

Due to me having some experience dealing with doctors (the dental sales job) at my first sales job, and then gaining some outside sales experience with the recruiting firm, pharma outfits were starting to take me more seriously. Because of that, I landed my pharma gig.

Although it took some years to get all of this exp., if you really want a pharma gig, in most cases (not all), you will have to take this approach.

If you have worked for a company that has outside sales....more on the consultative side, you will increase your chances.

However, once you get you foot in the door for an interview, you will have to perfom at the interview. Most of the companies will take you through a series of interviews and really drill you. They will through situation questions at you. They will want to see a lot of documented success. So be sure to save any awards that you may have received to put in your brag book

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Van Nuys, California

71 months ago

A few more things (ran out of room on the last post). Try and use a recruiter when landing a pharm position. Actually, use a recruiter!!! You may see pharma ads on sites like Monster, CareerBuilder..etc. Don't waste your time feeling them out. less than 3% of people will land a job that way.

Also don't go to pharma company websites to fill out an application on the pharma sites. Again, you will go in a file. The best way to get a pharma job is though a recruiter and as a referral.

Another reason you don't want to fill out those Apps on the company sites is because, if you use a recruiter and have filled out an application within a year or two, the recruiter is not going to be able to place you. The pharma company looks at it like, "wait....that candidate is already in our file...we are not going to pay you (recruiter) for candidate X"

Bottom line, if you want to get into pharma sales, start doing searches for recruiters that place pharma sales professionals. You can find them all over the internet.

However, before you go contacting a recruiter, make sure you have the exp of a quality sales position or they (recruiters) are not even going to waste their time with you via the direction of the pharma company.

I know this stuff because I was a recruiter for a long while, and I was also a pharma rep for a good period of time too.

Hope this helps some of you.

John

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

lori in Woodstock, Georgia

71 months ago

can you recommend a great web site for a recruiter in pharmaceutical sales?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

annette

71 months ago

lori in Woodstock, Georgia said: can you recommend a great web site for a recruiter in pharmaceutical sales?

Finding a great recruiter is not the real question. The important question to ask is, do you have an effective resume?
Recruiters are not adept in reading between the lines and decoding potential candidate resumes. They either don't have the time, which means they are busy setting up interview times, or they don't have the expertise in resume revisions. Either way, it's not their job. Thus, finding a recruiter is not your best path towards employment.
Just like the above poster stated, your best offense is to get a resume that sets you apart from the rest of the pack.
Then the recruiter will come to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lori in Woodstock, Georgia

71 months ago

annette said: Finding a great recruiter is not the real question. The important question to ask is, do you have an effective resume?
Recruiters are not adept in reading between the lines and decoding potential candidate resumes. They either don't have the time, which means they are busy setting up interview times, or they don't have the expertise in resume revisions. Either way, it's not their job. Thus, finding a recruiter is not your best path towards employment.
Just like the above poster stated, your best offense is to get a resume that sets you apart from the rest of the pack.
Then the recruiter will come to you.

done that thanks anyway......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Daily Time in Salt Lake City, Utah

71 months ago

scotty in Augusta, Georgia said: once again another failure blamming every one but him self. I love Auriga. Sorry you had to actually go out and do B2B sales, Sorry you had to actually get off your lazy but and work

Scotty, this company is hiring in my area. I have 4yr degree and a rocky experience in sales (i got "sold" 2-3 times by fast talking sales managers into some high pressure sales jobs in which i didn't exactly excel).

Anyhow, I gots me some skills for sure. Upbeat and love people. I just need a place to put them into practice. Ain't afraid of commish only either.

Any guidance and/or insight into working at Auriga lab you can provide would be much appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Daily Time in Salt Lake City, Utah

71 months ago

scotty weatherman in Augusta, Georgia said: I would advise anyone interested to talk with the company and not base your opionion of the company based on what some one who does work for them is saying. She is intitled to an opinion but has not real dealings. As you can read in her email everything said is based on what a friend told her. No personal experience her self all hear say.

Mr. Scotty Weatherman, who can I talk to about WORKING for your company. Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MyCareer in San Diego, California

69 months ago

John in Van Nuys, California said: A few more things (ran out of room on the last post). Try and use a recruiter when landing a pharm position. Actually, use a recruiter!!! You may see pharma ads on sites like Monster, CareerBuilder..etc. Don't waste your time feeling them out. less than 3% of people will land a job that way.

Also don't go to pharma company websites to fill out an application on the pharma sites. Again, you will go in a file. The best way to get a pharma job is though a recruiter and as a referral.

Another reason you don't want to fill out those Apps on the company sites is because, if you use a recruiter and have filled out an application within a year or two, the recruiter is not going to be able to place you. The pharma company looks at it like, "wait....that candidate is already in our file...we are not going to pay you (recruiter) for candidate X"

Bottom line, if you want to get into pharma sales, start doing searches for recruiters that place pharma sales professionals. You can find them all over the internet.

However, before you go contacting a recruiter, make sure you have the exp of a quality sales position or they (recruiters) are not even going to waste their time with you via the direction of the pharma company.

I know this stuff because I was a recruiter for a long while, and I was also a pharma rep for a good period of time too.

Hope this helps some of you.

John

Hi John,

I'm located in San Diego, CA. Can you recommend a recruiter in the area?

Thank you.

www.MyResume.vpweb.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MyCareer in San Diego, California

69 months ago

John in Van Nuys, California said: Like many of you, about 6 years ago I was looking to get into pharma sales. I had a few interviews with some large pharma outfits, but would not make it past the first interview because of a lack of experience.

Well, I am glad to say, that I finally landed a pharma gig about 5 years ago. Just this past July 31st, 2008, I was laid off due to cutbacks.

The fact that I have been in pharma sales for over 5 years, I have other pharma companies wanting me to come on with them.

Although getting into pharma sales can be a catch 22, you must keep trying.

Many years ago, when I was turned down by pharma company after pharma company due to no experience, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I went and got the experience that would get my foot in the door.

What I did was worked an inside sales position dealing with dentist. I sold TV ads to dentist over the phone for one year. I then decided to move into recruiting, which gave me some outside sales experience. I stayed with the recruiting company for about 4 years.

Due to me having some experience dealing with doctors (the dental sales job) at my first sales job, and then gaining some outside sales experience with the recruiting firm, pharma outfits were starting to take me more seriously. Because of that, I landed my pharma gig.

Although it took some years to get all of this exp., if you really want a pharma gig, in most cases (not all), you will have to take this approach.

If you have worked for a company that has outside sales....more on the consultative side, you will increase your chances.

Thank you for you comments, I'm working on finding a B2B Outside Sales Job in order to get my foot into the door. What I'm having a hard time figuring out is how some recent college gratuates with zero experience are getting Pharma positions? Just a thought.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike Saucier in Conway, Arkansas

64 months ago

Ann in Macomb, Michigan said: I have 17 years experience working as an Exercise Physiologist in cardiac stress testing and rehabilitation. I am looking for a job with higher pay and just a change of pace. Would a pharmaceutical company consider me even though I have no sales experience?

Ann, My first response to anyone interested in pharmaceutical sales is "Do you want to be a sales person?" You might very well be the best ever. How do you deal with rejection, demanding sales managers, and working in and out of offices all day? How do you deal with doctors who have "no time" to talk to you when you have driven an hour or two for the appointment? And,you are pretty much alone all day. You will have brief periods of selling/consulting with the customer/doctor and learning from his/her staff.

I spent over 30 years with a major company (Pfizer) and would not trade it for anything. Too many people try to get in to the business w/out realizing the down side. But there is a tremendous upside if you are persistent.

Have lunch with a few local reps for a confidential inside look at both sides of the business. Your friends in other medical offices will help you find these folks.

ps my wife is a CV Surgery RN ....she is excellent at this work she loves

Best wishes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.