High Commissions Sales Opportunities.

Comments (4)

john1970 in Miami, Florida

58 months ago

Would you choose between stability? salary based or high commission only?

I was sure the right answer has always been commission only. But since the crisis I have my doubts. I found a medical/fitness device that I sell as an independent and I believe I made the right choice by working commission only. The device is a high ticket item and have a sales cycle of 2 months. Now I am a little lost because I want to pickup a consumable line with volume sales and lower ticket item. I used www.gotsales.com and I found most of my lines there. What is the best approach!

lilicruchelow in Greenwood, Missouri

58 months ago

I have been an independent rep for 6 years. I would always say commission trumps everything else. You should get a minimum of 15% of the total sale in commission and upwards of 35%.

Rudsa in Miami, Florida

55 months ago

lilicruchelow in Greenwood, Missouri said: I have been an independent rep for 6 years. I would always say commission trumps everything else. You should get a minimum of 15% of the total sale in commission and upwards of 35%.

I have been interested in going independent but unsure how to go by doing that. May I ask how did you first start as an independent distributor?

Damon Medic in Chattanooga, Tennessee

52 months ago

lilicruchelow in Greenwood, Missouri said: I have been an independent rep for 6 years. I would always say commission trumps everything else. You should get a minimum of 15% of the total sale in commission and upwards of 35%.

I heartily agree. You'll kick yourself if you do well otherwise, and if you don't you won't be around long anyway!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.