High Commissions Sales Opportunities.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

john1970 in Miami, Florida

50 months ago

Would you choose between stability? salary based or high commission only?

I was sure the right answer has always been commission only. But since the crisis I have my doubts. I found a medical/fitness device that I sell as an independent and I believe I made the right choice by working commission only. The device is a high ticket item and have a sales cycle of 2 months. Now I am a little lost because I want to pickup a consumable line with volume sales and lower ticket item. I used www.gotsales.com and I found most of my lines there. What is the best approach!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lilicruchelow in Greenwood, Missouri

50 months ago

I have been an independent rep for 6 years. I would always say commission trumps everything else. You should get a minimum of 15% of the total sale in commission and upwards of 35%.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rudsa in Miami, Florida

46 months ago

lilicruchelow in Greenwood, Missouri said: I have been an independent rep for 6 years. I would always say commission trumps everything else. You should get a minimum of 15% of the total sale in commission and upwards of 35%.

I have been interested in going independent but unsure how to go by doing that. May I ask how did you first start as an independent distributor?

Damon Medic in Chattanooga, Tennessee

44 months ago

lilicruchelow in Greenwood, Missouri said: I have been an independent rep for 6 years. I would always say commission trumps everything else. You should get a minimum of 15% of the total sale in commission and upwards of 35%.

I heartily agree. You'll kick yourself if you do well otherwise, and if you don't you won't be around long anyway!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.