How to enter Pharmaceutical Rep from financial advisor/insurance career experience?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

DanielH in Wake Forest, North Carolina

76 months ago

I am looking to enter into Pharmaceutical Sales, but I have only experience as a financial advisor and insurance agent. How can I break into the industry. Unfortunately, although I know pharmacists, I don't know any pharmaceutical reps to vouch for me. Is there another way? Anyone out there looking to make a bonus on bringing "new blood" into the business?

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Roy Smith in Columbia, South Carolina

2 days ago

I have over 26 years of experience in pharmaceutical sales. I have worked for over 6 of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies. Additionally, I have also worked for all of the major contract pharmaceutical companies. I have also sold over 28 different drugs in many different classes of drugs during my career. And from my experience I have found that it is much easier to break into pharmaceutical sales when you have an experienced person helping you. I have also found that it is not necessary to have any kind of prior certifications in order to get a job in pharmaceutical sales. However, what I have found to be critical is that you have an understanding of the needed strategies required to build relationships with people who are already on the inside of the industry. As well as the strategies for finding available job openings, you will also need the interview skills you must utilize once you get an interview. Not to mention that you also need to know what to do and how to do it in order to be successful in the job once you secure a job in pharmaceutical sales. For example could you explain to an interviewer how to develop an effective sales presentation based on the industry standard of what a pharmaceutical sales presentation should look and sound like?
There are many things you need to learn about the real world of pharmaceutical sales that will make it easier for you to begin a career in this business. Would you be interested in having me serve as your mentor? Have you visited my website? If not the website address is www.PharmaSalesCoach.com

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.