Teacher transitioning to Pharma Sales

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

MandaM in Coram, New York

35 months ago

I have been a teacher for 10+ years and I am looking to make a career change to pharma sales. I have NO sales experience other than working in retail as a teenager. Do I have a shot at breaking into this competitive feild? If so, how can I overcome my lack of sales experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MandaM in Coram, New York

34 months ago

Thanks! I sent you an email :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jae S. in Gilroy, California

34 months ago

I am a former teacher as well. I am finding that it is some what difficult to get into the industry, do you have any recommendations?

West Gordan in Albany, Georgia said: Yes, of course have a chance to break into this field. The first reason is b/c the two fields are closely related. Within the teaching profession one has to sell conceptual ideas and theories on a daily basis. the Pharma sales market is the same. It is not like a car salesman selling tangible goods, a Pharma rep is selling doctors on the pros on a particular medicine.

Moreover, my best friend recently made the transition from the classroom to a Pharma Rep. So, it can be done successfully.

If you have any other questions or concerns email me at westgordan@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jae S. in Gilroy, California

34 months ago

I am also a former teacher. I am finding that it is a bit difficult to get into the industry. do you have any recommendations?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

West in Albany, Georgia

34 months ago

Jae S. in Gilroy, California said: I am also a former teacher. I am finding that it is a bit difficult to get into the industry. do you have any recommendations?

Have you applied for any positions within the industry and if yes have you had any interviews F2f or phone. Stay at it. Don't give up. Moreover, develop relationships with local reps in your area b/c most positions are filled by recommendations versus online applicants. So, relationships will be the key!!

Please feel free to email me at westgordan@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Been There Tried Thant in Satellite Beach, Florida

33 months ago

Work at Enterprise. Get B2B experience Read Jane Williams the insider guide to Pharmaceutical sales. Nonetheless, it is extremely difficult

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tina Drum in Morganton, North Carolina

24 months ago

West in Albany, Georgia said: Have you applied for any positions within the industry and if yes have you had any interviews F2f or phone. Stay at it. Don't give up. Moreover, develop relationships with local reps in your area b/c most positions are filled by recommendations versus online applicants. So, relationships will be the key!!

Please feel free to email me at westgordan@gmail.com

Do you have any recommendations for NC, pharm sales positions? My boyfriend is currently looking to break into the industry as well. He is a former school teacher certified in Science and Math in OH.
He wants to stay in Hickory/Charlotte NC. He biggest problem is not knowing where to apply. Do you need a pharm tech or other certification before being hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

roysmith in Blythewood, South Carolina

12 months ago

My name is Roy Smith. I have worked in pharmaceutical sales for over 23 years now. Over the years I have worked for Pfizer , Roche, Novartis , Bristol Myers and 6 other major drug companies. And 16 of those years I spent working in contract pharmaceutical sales. Over the years I have worked for PDI, Innovex/Quintiles,InVentiv and OnCall,LLC. I have worked on 11 different contracts. I have sold over 25 different products over the years and launched 6 new drugs. If you are still interested in starting a career in pharma sales I am sure that I can help you. Send me a copy of your resume and get in touch with me so I can help guide you toward a successful career. My email address is: info@pharmasalescoach.com
And my website address is: www.PharmaSalesCoach.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.