Pharmaceutical / Nutraceutical sales

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (27)

Camillalala in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

Hi,
I have a B.S in Human Nutrition, worked for walgreens pharmacy all throughout college. Also interned as a marketing assistant. I am currently in Grad school to receive my M.S in Nutrition and will be eligible for registered Dietitian Exam in May 09. How do I break into pharmaceutical or nutraceutical sales field? I have applied more than 100 different postings, and yet heard nothing. Any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JAMAL A, CHOWDHURY in Houston, Texas

75 months ago

HI
I HAVE 20+ YRS, EXPERIENCE OF MANAGING BUSINESS. I WANT TO CHANGE MY CARRIER TO
A PHARMACEUTICAL SALES REP, LOOKING FOR A GROWING COMPANY IN HOUSTON MARKET TO ACHIVE FINANCIAL GOAL IN BOTH WAYS. ( FOR THE COMPANY ALONG WITH MINE).
THANKS
JAMAL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dunja Widhalm in Sioux Center, Iowa

73 months ago

Camillalala in Houston, Texas said: Hi,
I have a B.S in Human Nutrition, worked for walgreens pharmacy all throughout college. Also interned as a marketing assistant. I am currently in Grad school to receive my M.S in Nutrition and will be eligible for registered Dietitian Exam in May 09. How do I break into pharmaceutical or nutraceutical sales field? I have applied more than 100 different postings, and yet heard nothing. Any advice?

Camillalala,
Do you have any sales experience for nutraceutical? Do you have any industry experience yet? I am asking, because I have a sales position in our clients custom manufacturing division in microbial fermentation.

My email is dunja@goldstar-global.com

Dunja Widhalm
Retained Recruiter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dr Janet Angel in Algonquin, Illinois

64 months ago

Hi,
I am the National Sales VP for Nature's Sources and I am intersted in growing our company line by servicing the medical community. Please email your bio to me as I am in need of establishing a team in your area to visit pharmacists/doctors/etc.
Write to me: jangel@naturessources.com
Just remind me in your email that I saw your posting on line.

We manufacture a line of premier digestive enzymes and probiotics, along with other skin care items that are superb. I just started with this company and want to take this to the next level.

Thanks!

Janet Angel, PhD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LalalaHD in Kitchener, Ontario

62 months ago

I have a BA in psychology, a Homeopathic Doctor degree. I have past experiences in sales, management and marketing and pharmacy as well have previously established a wellness center. I am looking for a career in Nutraceutical sales management or product development. I currently reside in Canada however am willing to relocate. Please help.

monty in Sag Harbor, New York

60 months ago

LalalaHD in Kitchener, Ontario said: I have a BA in psychology, a Homeopathic Doctor degree. I have past experiences in sales, management and marketing and pharmacy as well have previously established a wellness center. I am looking for a career in Nutraceutical sales management or product development. I currently reside in Canada however am willing to relocate. Please help.

go to Metagenics.com they have a position in Toronto. They are great!

Bill in San Antonio, Texas

58 months ago

Donn't bother w/pharmaceutical sales, There no jobs available w/all these layoffs!

Kristen in Greenville, North Carolina

51 months ago

Hello

I have a BS in Human Nutrition & Dietetics, have two years of nutrition/medical research experience from the University I attended and I will be attending graduate school in the fall of 2011. I would like to start my career in the pharmaceutical/nutraceutical field involved in research or a position that is on site patient related. What is the best way to find jobs in Wilmington, N.C related this field for entry level positions? Someone I know landed a job at PPD with a marketing degree from the same University I attended so I am hoping my health science related degree will be a plus. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. I have applied for a few positions but it is hard to search for jobs in the industry when you don't know what entry level jobs you qualify for. The titles of positions can be a bit confusing.

kaysirah in Beloit, Wisconsin

48 months ago

Hello, Re: Entry Level Pharm positions

I was fortunate to have been employed WITHOUT a degree- believe it or not. Yes- big Pharm too! It depends on which companies your applying with. Most all now require a Bachelors if your looking for a perminent position and opt to pass on contract.

Some contract companies such as PDI, place qualified individuals in front of the comanies looking to expand territories without being involved in the hiring process. These types of 'contract' can also be for up to a couple of years and others work into a fulltime positions if the companies desires your work. Placement recruiters like these also require a 4 year degree but are perfect options for anyone trying to break into the business without any real outside medical experience.

The larger companies are very competative and require 4+ degrees, some in specific sciences AND experience ranging from 3-5 years. They also ask for past sales records and goals achieved. This is usually a a tally of monthly goals, percentages and overall placement within the sales representative alike. Usually obtained through a companies employee site. Other items can be notes,emails your previous bosses wrote pertaining to your performance.

There are also many other companies out there that actually prefer hiring someone without direct pharm experience.Something I did and would suggest, locate web sites, addresses, companies directly from packages, then look them up on line or call. Look outside the bigger companies or medical recruiters

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

tayotte in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

42 months ago

Dr Janet Angel in Algonquin, Illinois said: Hi,
I am the National Sales VP for Nature's Sources and I am intersted in growing our company line by servicing the medical community. Please email your bio to me as I am in need of establishing a team in your area to visit pharmacists/doctors/etc.
Write to me: jangel@naturessources.com
Just remind me in your email that I saw your posting on line.

We manufacture a line of premier digestive enzymes and probiotics, along with other skin care items that are superb. I just started with this company and want to take this to the next level.

Thanks!

Janet Angel, PhD

Hi Dr.Angel,

I have a B.Sc. degree in nutrition and have been working as a pharmaceutical sales representative for over ten years. I am wondering if you are interested in presenting your digestive enzymes and probiotic products to physicians and pharmacists in Canada. I work as an independent rep and would love to learn more about your products.
I look forward to hearing from you,

Terri

Nate in Northbrook, Illinois

42 months ago

Hi,

Our company is looking for Individuals with connections to Dr's (Pharmaceutical reps, Medical Technicians, Nurses, etc.) to work on a referral basis providing us with introductions to Internists and General Practitioners in the Chicagoland area. We are also hiring full-time representatives for those that are looking for another line of work as well. What we do is lease space from Dr's who do not provide Ultrasound/Sono services and provide a technician who comes once per week or more with a mobile unit to do tests in the Dr's office. This is beneficial to their practice so they do not have to send patients to the hospital to waste more of their day in waiting rooms. They have the luxury of scheduling all of the patients who need echos, corotid's, NCV's, etc. on the days that we are there. We are happy to provide a generous referral fee to anyone who could help us secure our next lease. Please contact me with any questions.

Nate

Karen in Midway, Georgia

35 months ago

Hi,

Our company is looking to expand it's product line and looking for individuals wanting to market to doctor's offices as well as phamarcies. We offer a variety of nutritional products for both men and women. We are growing and adding product on a regular bases. If you are a self starter and want the luxury of making your own schedule I am happy to discuss further details with you. This type of sales position can be successful anywhere within the United States.

Please email me at ccmc04@live.com and reference this post.

Rachel Simson in Winter Haven, Florida

34 months ago

Hi,
I have a MS in Dietetics, registered dietitian and licensed dietitian in the state of Florida. I have 8 years of commission sales experience in retail. I currenlty work in an acute care hospital collaborating with all members of the healthcare team everyday. Most of my experience has been in the Intensive Care Unit. I am interested in getting involved in Pharmaceutical sales. Any advice would help!
Thank you!

keene15 in Guelph, Ontario

30 months ago

Hi, I have recently earned my degree in Bsc. majoring in Nutritional and Nutraceutical Sciences from the University of Guelph. I have worked with GNC for over a year now and have lots of experience with sales, customer service, and nutraceutical product knowledge. I am looking to get involved with a nutraceutical company in the GTA and need some help. I am passionate about nutrition, supplements and improving the well-being of others, please help me to find a position that fits my needs!

Thank you very much,

keene15

Carole Turso in Charlotte, North Carolina

18 months ago

I have a B.S in Human Nutrition, worked for walgreens pharmacy all throughout college . Also interned as a marketing assistant . I am currently in Grad school to receive my M.S in Nutrition and will be eligible for registered Dietitian Exam in May 09. How do I break into pharmaceutical or nutraceutical sales field? I have applied more than 100 different postings, and yet heard nothing. Any advice?

I would be glad to make introductions into one company. caroleaturso@gmail.com

Hall in Atlanta, Georgia

18 months ago

Rachel Simson in Winter Haven, Florida said: Hi,
I have a MS in Dietetics, registered dietitian and licensed dietitian in the state of Florida. I have 8 years of commission sales experience in retail. I currenlty work in an acute care hospital collaborating with all members of the healthcare team everyday. Most of my experience has been in the Intensive Care Unit. I am interested in getting involved in Pharmaceutical sales. Any advice would help!
Thank you!

Hello! Are you open to Nrf2 sales? Take 12mins to look at www.primetimebreakthrough.com
If you recognize the value, contact me at www.mylifevantage.com/NotIfJustWhen

We have no competition! A new paradigm in health which will be in every household. I challege anyone to prove me wrong...Doctors too. I base my information on pubmed.gov.

Health Medicine in New Jersey, New Jersey

18 months ago

We have 350 different products in health and wellness with our $1.13 billion company, and an incredible opportunity for anyone interested and/or experienced in independent commission sales and direct marketing, anywhere in USA, Canada, and a host of other countries in Europe and around the world. If interested, please contact me directly at sridhar.health@gmail.com

18 months ago

keene15 in Guelph, Ontario said: Hi, I have recently earned my degree in Bsc. majoring in Nutritional and Nutraceutical Sciences from the University of Guelph. I have worked with GNC for over a year now and have lots of experience with sales, customer service , and nutraceutical product knowledge. I am looking to get involved with a nutraceutical company in the GTA and need some help. I am passionate about nutrition, supplements and improving the well-being of others, please help me to find a position that fits my needs!

Thank you very much,

keene15

We have 350 different products in health and wellness with our $1.13 billion company, and an incredible opportunity for anyone interested and/or experienced in independent commission sales and direct marketing, anywhere in USA, Canada, and a host of other countries in Europe and around the world. If interested, please contact me directly at sridhar.health@gmail.com

18 months ago

tayotte in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan said: Hi Dr.Angel,

I have a B.Sc. degree in nutrition and have been working as a pharmaceutical sales representative for over ten years. I am wondering if you are interested in presenting your digestive enzymes and probiotic products to physicians and pharmacists in Canada. I work as an independent rep and would love to learn more about your products.
I look forward to hearing from you,

Terri

Hi Terri,

18 months ago

kaysirah in Beloit, Wisconsin said: Hello, Re: Entry Level Pharm positions

There are also many other companies out there that actually prefer hiring someone without direct pharm experience.Something I did and would suggest, locate web sites, addresses, companies directly from packages, then look them up on line or call. Look outside the bigger companies or medical recruiters

I am based in Toronto, Canada. We have 350 different products in health (nutraceuticals, etc) and wellness with our $1.13 billion company, and an incredible opportunity for anyone interested and/or experienced in independent commission sales and direct marketing, anywhere in USA, Canada, and a host of other countries in Europe and around the world. If interested, please contact me directly at sridhar.health@gmail.com

18 months ago

Kristen in Greenville, North Carolina said: Hello

I have a BS in Human Nutrition & Dietetics, have two years of nutrition/medical research experience from the University I attended and I will be attending graduate school in the fall of 2011. I would like to start my career in the pharmaceutical/nutraceutical field involved in research or a position that is on site patient related. What is the best way to find jobs in Wilmington, N.C related this field for entry level positions? Someone I know landed a job at PPD with a marketing degree from the same University I attended so I am hoping my health science related degree will be a plus. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. I have applied for a few positions but it is hard to search for jobs in the industry when you don't know what entry level jobs you qualify for. The titles of positions can be a bit confusing.

I am based in Toronto, Canada. We have 350 different products in health (nutraceuticals, etc) and wellness with our $1.13 billion company located in Idaho Falls (USA), and an incredible opportunity for anyone interested and/or experienced in independent commission sales and direct marketing, anywhere in USA, Canada, and a host of other countries in Europe and around the world. If interested, please contact me directly at sridhar.health@gmail.com

18 months ago

JAMAL A, CHOWDHURY in Houston, Texas said: HI
I HAVE 20+ YRS, EXPERIENCE OF MANAGING BUSINESS . I WANT TO CHANGE MY CARRIER TO
A PHARMACEUTICAL SALES REP, LOOKING FOR A GROWING COMPANY IN HOUSTON MARKET TO ACHIVE FINANCIAL GOAL IN BOTH WAYS. ( FOR THE COMPANY ALONG WITH MINE).
THANKS
JAMAL

I am based in Toronto, Canada. We have 350 different products in health (nutraceuticals, etc) and wellness with our $1.13 billion company located in Idaho Falls (USA), and an incredible opportunity for anyone interested and/or experienced in independent commission sales and direct marketing, anywhere in USA, Canada, and a host of other countries in Europe and around the world. If interested, please contact me directly at sridhar.health@gmail.com

18 months ago

LalalaHD in Kitchener, Ontario said: I have a BA in psychology, a Homeopathic Doctor degree. I have past experiences in sales, management and marketing and pharmacy as well have previously established a wellness center. I am looking for a career in Nutraceutical sales management or product development . I currently reside in Canada however am willing to relocate. Please help.

18 months ago

keene15 in Guelph, Ontario said: Hi, I have recently earned my degree in Bsc. majoring in Nutritional and Nutraceutical Sciences from the University of Guelph. I have worked with GNC for over a year now and have lots of experience with sales, customer service , and nutraceutical product knowledge. I am looking to get involved with a nutraceutical company in the GTA and need some help. I am passionate about nutrition, supplements and improving the well-being of others, please help me to find a position that fits my needs!

Thank you very much,

keene15

Star Sade in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

10 months ago

Hello. I have a BS in Nutrition and sales experience. I am looking for a entry level Nutraceutical /Pharmaceutical Sales Position, preferably locally are east coast territory. Anything out there?

Larry Gray4 in United States minor outlying islands

8 days ago

Hey there! I will not offer you anything. Just look at the product, and the opportunity to develop their business. Larryw4.BrainAbundance.biz

Larry Gray4 in United States minor outlying islands

8 days ago

Health Medicine in New Jersey, New Jersey said: I am based in Toronto, Canada. We have 350 different products in health (nutraceuticals, etc) and wellness with our $1.13 billion company located in Idaho Falls (USA), and an incredible opportunity for anyone interested and/or experienced in independent commission sales and direct marketing, anywhere in USA, Canada, and a host of other countries in Europe and around the world. If interested, please contact me directly at sridhar.health@gmail.com

Hey there! I will not offer you anything. Just look at the product, and the opportunity to develop their business. Larryw4.BrainAbundance.biz

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.