Am I too old to start?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

sassiemama in Phoenix, Arizona

80 months ago

Is 36 too old for someone to start in the Pharm. Sales position? I ask because I will be that old(or young) when I finish my BS degree! I don't want to keep doing patient care and I do have a sales background. What do y'all think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cj2 in Denver, Colorado

75 months ago

NO INDEED! THEY WANT SOMEONE WITH EXPERIENCE AND MATURITY. WOULD YOU TRUST SOMEONE WITH EXPENSIVE DRUG SAMPLES, FREE CAR INSURANCE AND GAS, PAID CELL PHONE BILLS AND MEALS WITH DOCTORS, ETC FRESH OUT OF COLLEGE OR A FEW YEARS AFTER OR SOMEONE @ AGE 36 WITH PATIENT CARE (CUSTOMER SERVICE) AND SALES EXPERIENCE AND A BS TO BOOT?

HMMMMM....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jodee Troup in New Orleans, Louisiana

70 months ago

Not at all. I'm 38 and have been in the business and successful for the past 2. Go for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jerry pace in Marlboro, New Jersey

70 months ago

I am 24 and i want too try something completely different i was in construction do u think its a bad idea

Njack in Mckinney, Texas

68 months ago

I was hired for the first time in Pharma when I was 46 years old. I was employed 4 years before being laid off in a massive company downsizing. At first, I thought at 50 why bother trying, but fortunately I look a little bit younger than that so I'm going to give it another shot. At 36 you are a baby! Go for it....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lauren in New Orleans, Louisiana

39 months ago

Jodee Troup in New Orleans, Louisiana said: Not at all. I'm 38 and have been in the business and successful for the past 2. Go for it.

I have your purse. Email me laurenkolb@me.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Izzy Miami in Miami, United States minor outlying islands

6 months ago

Njack in Mckinney, Texas said: I was hired for the first time in Pharma when I was 46 years old. I was employed 4 years before being laid off in a massive company downsizing. At first, I thought at 50 why bother trying, but fortunately I look a little bit younger than that so I'm going to give it another shot. At 36 you are a baby! Go for it....

Hi there I am 50 years old and look younger as well I just graduated from college with BA degree, do you think I still have a chance to star as an entry level in this career? pls let me know your thought.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.