How to start!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

nichole722 in Covington, Ohio

27 months ago

I'm 26 years old. I've worked at an institutional pharmacy for 8 years now doing mainly the computer/ data entry work. 3 years ago I went and took the Pharm Tech test to become certified, as it is now required by law in Ohio to be certified. I want to pursue being licensed as a Pharmacist. Where do I start? What is the best plan of attack?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MichaelPharmD in New Jersey

27 months ago

If you can, avoid becoming a pharmacist. The unemployment you face in the future is going to have devastating impacts on your family. Read the other threads here for an accurate portrayal.

Mike

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NewPharm222 in DMV

27 months ago

nichole722 in Covington, Ohio said: I'm 26 years old. I've worked at an institutional pharmacy for 8 years now doing mainly the computer/ data entry work. 3 years ago I went and took the Pharm Tech test to become certified, as it is now required by law in Ohio to be certified. I want to pursue being licensed as a Pharmacist. Where do I start? What is the best plan of attack?

If you really want to become a pharmacist, pursue it. Take all the prerequisites and apply to Pharmacy School. See what grades you need and PCAT score for the school of your choice and try to score above the minimum requirements. If possible, try to pursue an alternative career path at the same time. Just in case you don't find employment as a pharmacist. See if your company will help you pay for your pharmacy education and offer you a job when complete. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

notapharmacist in Dublin, Ireland

24 months ago

there seems to be lots of people not liking the pharmacy route on this forum - truth is if you are good you'll get a job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.