Best places to work for?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 212)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Maddi in Johnson City, Tennessee

69 months ago

I am taking the certification test on December 13th. I was just wondering where the best places to work at are? I work at walgreens as of now(not in the pharmacy dept yet) and have been offered a job at cvs. Just wondering the pros and cons of working at each place. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (105) / No (40) Reply - Report abuse

pharmacist in progress in Fort Myers, Florida

69 months ago

Derek in Romney, West Virginia said: I am Interning at CVS pharmacy here in Romney and I hate it. Way too busy and everyone is a hag. Im gonna try at independent pharmacys or a pharmacy in a grocery store. DO NOT work at CVS.

I agree CVS SUCKS!!! No matter how hard you work, it's never enough. Your hours will be cut without warning and they expect you to just "hang around" until they decide to offer you more. Resigning in about a month!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (80) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Seat4c in Stuttgart, Germany

69 months ago

Is Walgreens any better ? I believe they are now the largest Pharmacy chain in the US ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (61) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

inyourface in Decatur, Georgia

67 months ago

never work for CVS especially in the Pharmacy!! They dont let you take your lunches or breaks.

Most of the Pharmacist may be book smart but have NO Common sense!!!!

You break the law everyday!!!! Violate Hipaa rules!!!

If the customers only knew how you discuss their information with other employees,,,,should I say more!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

mimi178 in Spokane, Washington

67 months ago

inyourface in Decatur, Georgia said: never work for CVS especially in the Pharmacy!! They dont let you take your lunches or breaks.

If the customers only knew how you discuss their information with other employees,,,,should I say more!!!

Not true. You are entitled by the FEDERAL LAW to a 15 mins break or 30mins total for an 8hr day. There should be a flier that has the federal work laws posted in your break room that states everything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

mimi178 in Spokane, Washington

67 months ago

Ash in Cleveland, Ohio said: I am taking a specially goverment funded program to train as a Pharmacy Technician through CVS to get my certification. For those of you who have worked there, what did you like most about the job? And what do you completely hate about the job?

So far I've got nothing but bad reviews. I don't want to pass up the opportunity for free training but I'm a little apprehensive about going there if it's as bad as people say it is.

I work at CVS and from my point of view, they don't appreciate their employees enough. Not trusting their employees is one of their main problems! We get bag checked, all our purses n belongings must be in our lockers, must take off smock before leaving. can't clock in early. Sh*tty employee discount. I thought our discount was okay until a lot of the patients had their discount card through their insurance and had an agreement with cvs so they had teh same discount tag as us with the same percetages off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

bella in Manchester, New Hampshire

66 months ago

I'm an immigrant. I was born in south america.I came to this country 18 years ago. I can not go to school because I did not know english at all, but I went to school and got my diploma, then I got my licese but the problem now with this rite aid pharmacy. they never trained me enough for this kind of job. they fired me becouse my english. the pharmacy was in charge told me I need to speak perfect english. my comment is why people go to school.They treat me like stuped person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (40) Reply - Report abuse

SexiSag1985 in Morrow, Georgia

66 months ago

I have worked for CVS Pharmacy for over 2 years now. I started out as a cashier and am now the Lead Pharmacy Technician. I have had 6 raises since becoming employed for the company. The store I currently work for has have 5 different store managers(3 in 2008 alone) and 2 PIC in the short time I have been at the company. I've lost count of how many techs have come and gone. Not because of being fired but because after a while the mistreatment and unappreaciation finally takes it toll. From my experience CVS seems to be primarily concerned with expansion and growth versus quality customer service and the health and wellbeing of its customers and employees. Every month we seem to have some new program to promote growth in the company. Each week it seems we lose more and more tech hours. More work...less help...I hate my job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (67) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Techman in Atlanta, Georgia

66 months ago

SexiSag1985 in Morrow, Georgia said: I have worked for CVS Pharmacy for over 2 years now. I started out as a cashier and am now the Lead Pharmacy Technician. I have had 6 raises since becoming employed for the company. The store I currently work for has have 5 different store managers(3 in 2008 alone) and 2 PIC in the short time I have been at the company. I've lost count of how many techs have come and gone. Not because of being fired but because after a while the mistreatment and unappreaciation finally takes it toll. From my experience CVS seems to be primarily concerned with expansion and growth versus quality customer service and the health and wellbeing of its customers and employees. Every month we seem to have some new program to promote growth in the company. Each week it seems we lose more and more tech hours. More work...less help...I hate my job.

I agree with you!!! We allow them to abuse us,, it just takes a group of us to get the ball rolling!!! We should contact a union on info!! Call the ethics line and report all problems 1 877 cvs 2040 also let the Georgia department of labor know how they abuse you!!! Take a stand!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

bettyboob in Decatur, Georgia

66 months ago

CVS needs to be sued!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Techman in Alpharetta, Georgia

66 months ago

I just moved to a new location much better than my old one but they still don't allow us to take our 2 15 minute breaks... WTF is wrong with this company!!! I think techs need a union!!! Are you with me ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Techman

66 months ago

Yes techs need a union!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

outkast/roses really smell like poopoo in Conway, Michigan

66 months ago

relativity is the name of the game. "illegal" breaks, thats a laugh! i've worked construction for 10 yrs.lately,("wearing a plastic box-hardhat,eating from a plastic box-lunchbox,crapping in a plastic box-porta potty summer heat/winter cold...sound like fun to y'all?) you get a break when the boss says. bosses the world over have the "God complex", it doesn't matter what the work is. It's not hard to see the child poseing as an adult. makes me wanna put fist to face! i worked at kmart pharm and an independant one in Ann Arbor. decent folks all. not certified going in but thereafter, 8$ was the going rate..not treated like a big deal being certified. didn't see any significant money in 3 yrs. generally hospitals pay more than retail, doesn't mean jerk bosses don't exist there too. we're all just "living the dream". rock on my brothers and sisters!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

rachellynnmartin in Asheville, North Carolina

66 months ago

Maddi you live a lil closer to me have you tried somewhere like ABCCM, PSC Med Supply or WNCCHS? Blueridgerx would be good too, these are all private, medicaid funded, or LTC pharmacies with quality pharmacists on staff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Rorschach Paradox in New York, New York

65 months ago

I would definitely stay away from CVS unless you love a "high energy" environment (i.e. stressful). Do not accept any job offer from them below $12-$14 an hour, because believe me, you will never get any meaningful raise after that unless you're sleeping with the Pharmacy Supervisor or DM (not joking). You'll be lucky if you even get your yearly review, and even that is capped at 4%, MAX. I've never heard of anyone getting 4%, because that means there is nothing to improve upon in your store; so unless your store got 100% for Triple S the entire year, think more along the lines of 1-2% raise. IMO, don't waste your time in retail unless you work for an independent; try to get a hospital job instead.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ihatcvs

65 months ago

Cvs sucks!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LOVELIFE09 in Woonsocket, Rhode Island

64 months ago

usedandabused in Duluth, Georgia said: Don't waste your time!!!
They pay sucks and they will use and abuse you!!!

CVS absolutely does suck ! It is well known in the city of Woonsocket and surrounding areas that CVS treats their employees like crap ! Many dr's in the area will tell you that they have so many people on stress medication that work for them !My friend worked there and six of seven of his lunch partners were on traquilizers !

CVS will brag about never having a layoff , yeah sure ! Instead what they do is walk out people that have been there for many years and they tell them they don't know what they're doing ! If that's the case why did the person never have a written or verbal warning in as much as 35+ years ???? I would think there's a law against a company that does this to very good and capable people !

CVS YEARS AGO WAS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR ...... Till the latest CEO came along ..... CVS has nothing to be proud of !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

maria lopea in Centreville, Virginia

63 months ago

Ash in Cleveland, Ohio said: I am taking a specially goverment funded program to train as a Pharmacy Technician through CVS to get my certification. For those of you who have worked there, what did you like most about the job? And what do you completely hate about the job?

So far I've got nothing but bad reviews. I don't want to pass up the opportunity for free training but I'm a little apprehensive about going there if it's as bad as people say it is.

cvs is the worst place to work at you will not be train properly and they will except you to the job of ten tech..the pay is crappy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LOVELIFE09 in Rhode Island

63 months ago

Ash in Cleveland ......... The best thing about the people working at CVS corporate office are the wonderful people working there ! They really care about each other ! Good thing well are almost non existing ! After 20+ years I was told I didn't know what I was doing ,, typical CVS way ro get rid of long time employees ! I never had a verbal or written warning !~ They'll either walk you out or make your life hell and you'll decide to walk out !

I wish you well in your endeavors , nobody deserves to be treated like CVS treats their employees !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

corosto in Hebron, Indiana

63 months ago

I wouldn't work for CVS just because they don't appreciate their employees. The CVS I work for gives you a 2% raise once a year and that's it. Don't work there if you want to make a decent amount of money

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

looking in Va. in Richmond, Virginia

63 months ago

I was nationally certified in2004. I hold a current state license, am current on all of my continuing education. Every time I try to apply for a technician's job, they want at least a year of experience of on the job. After putting so much time, effort, and money in this I am pretty discouraged and am wondering if a major mistake was made even going for the certification.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

pharm girl in Bakersfield, California

63 months ago

I am right there with you.One thing that I know about this is that it is all about who you know and you CAN'T bite the hand that feeds you.It sucks!!!You really have to just grin and bare it. And a raise HA! Good luck your best bet is to get into the prison system.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

been teching for a hot minute in Durham, North Carolina

63 months ago

To anyone who wants to know CVS is the crappiest pharamcy to work for. I work there for a few years then finally got me a good paying/more friendly job at the hospital. So you had best believe when I had to get a part time job because of crappy economy CVS wasn't my number one choice. I didn't have many options at the time so I ended up back there which completely reminded me of why I quit in the first place. They don't pay well for one, pharmacists are know it alls, you work like a slave, and go home limping, for like $10 an hour! They don't care if your certified and/or how experiencd you are, they act like everyone is expendable and you can come or go, they could care less. Well, that's my piece, yall take care and good luck with getting a good job, but don't work for CVS!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

alan in Minneapolis, Minnesota

63 months ago

What is working at one of these no patient prescription filling corporate places like? Can anyone get a job there with no experience? I suspected being a retail pharmacy tech was a nightmare, how bad is it in a hospital? I am considering becoming a tech but am very very wary of what I may be getting into. Please give me your opinions. I live in Minnesota where there are loads of hospitals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Suzie in Richardson, Texas

63 months ago

mimi178 in Spokane, Washington said: Not true. You are entitled by the FEDERAL LAW to a 15 mins break or 30 mins total for an 8hr day. There should be a flier that has the federal work laws posted in your break room that states everything.

You would hope that federal laws would make a difference in the working environment, but unfortunately, they don't. I've gotten dirty looks from my co-workers when I asked if I could sit down for 5 minutes after I'd been on my feet (running at times) for 6+ hours. Then they made a comment about how I should be wearing more comfortable shoes.

I just needed some retail experience to get into the field (I graduated pre-pharmacy at UCLA and am planning to go to pharmacy school), and I wonder why I should take such mistreatment at this place for $10 an hour. I've only been here for a few days now but I'm already considering other options.

ALL the negative comments on this site are true. Even about going home practically limping.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

echristy in Winter Haven, Florida

63 months ago

usedandabused in Duluth, Georgia said: Don't waste your time!!!
They pay sucks and they will use and abuse you!!!

the walgreens where I worked the people are nice, but the Mgr is rude and mean. People sometimes in upper mgnt sometimes forget how to treat people. I recieved a good evaluation. But still I and everyone else is treated badly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Want2batech in South Gate, California

62 months ago

mimi178 in Spokane, Washington said: Not true. You are entitled by the FEDERAL LAW to a 15 mins break or 30mins total for an 8hr day. There should be a flier that has the federal work laws posted in your break room that states everything.

Sorry been with cvs for 3 years have to beg for breaks and getting someone to cover lunches what a joke. My pharmacist us great and has a lot if knowledgeto bad she took on the pharmacy manager position now she to busy to care about her patients. I hate cvs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

nikijones in Memphis, Tennessee

61 months ago

I trying to find a place where I can work. I been looking for a job every since I got home. I work for walgreens in dallas and I had a baby they laid me off. I going to take my take later this year. What place is hiring for tech?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tobewise in Hudson, Wisconsin

60 months ago

All these comments unfortunately are true in regard to retail pharmacy situations. Federal laws do not protect us.If you are working retail you probably are not wealthy and do not have the means or the time for lawyers and court costs. I have witnessed first hand many good people have their hours cut or very mistreated until they quit if they even want to discuss breaks and lunches. I have been a technician for 10 years and if you want to be treated with any dignity or professionalism YOU NEED TO LEAVE RETAIL and enter into the hospital sector. There is a completely different feeling and good technicians are generally appreciated and treated with respect. Even if you need to volunteer to start out just to get your foot in the door, it is worth the time you invest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tt in Austin, Texas

60 months ago

I have experience the same thing, I am certified pharmacy technician in January 2008, everytime I applied the job , they always said that I don't have experience. How come people get experience if all company don't want to hire them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Melanie C in Brooklyn, New York

60 months ago

So I use to be in the same boat as all of you or most of you! But only difference is I slaved away @ Duane Reade. @ first when they promoted me I received 7.50, what da **** is that? Its ok I am in school. But after being certified all I got was 10.00 which eventually raised to 12.40 retail is garbage! Pharmacists think they are above the law and they are lazy! They won't even answer the phone, or counsel patients! As for the lunch break thing that happened to some of my co-workers but I wud always threaten to call NY1 lol. I finally left that abusive job and I am now a medical receptionist making $16 an hr. Techs deserve justice and our starting pay shud be 12.50 and hr! When they regulate it so that we have to be certified then and only then will they respect us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ja in Providence, Rhode Island

59 months ago

LOVELIFE09 in Woonsocket, Rhode Island said: CVS absolutely does suck ! It is well known in the city of Woonsocket and surrounding areas that CVS treats their employees like crap ! Many dr's in the area will tell you that they have so many people on stress medication that work for them !My friend worked there and six of seven of his lunch partners were on traquilizers !

CVS will brag about never having a layoff , yeah sure ! Instead what they do is walk out people that have been there for many years and they tell them they don't know what they're doing ! If that's the case why did the person never have a written or verbal warning in as much as 35+ years ???? I would think there's a law against a company that does this to very good and capable people !

CVS YEARS AGO WAS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR ...... Till the latest CEO came along ..... CVS has nothing to be proud of !!!

I would love to talk to you. I was currently interviewed by an agency to work in one of their offices.
I thought the pay for what I was going to do was very low.. how can I get in touch with you .. I am waiting for another offer somewhere and really don't want to take this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

cj_2910 in Odenton, Maryland

59 months ago

People... Costco is where its at.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

I have been an employee for little over 4 years. The company is to busy buying other companies to get rid of the competition. They don't pay for crap. They treat their employees like they are expendable. In the 4 yrs I have been there I have only have 2 raises.

The other thing is that I am a license Technician and can't work in the pharmacy. Every transfers to another store to work in the pharmacy somehow been cancelled in the middle. I was told my the Dm that I have no future in CVS to move on. As soon as I finish school I am gone from that place.

CVS really sucks to work for. If you can work in a union store you have some protection and if you don't like I do you all alone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Columbus, Ohio

59 months ago

If I were you, and was starting over again, I'd run like h--- if offered a job as a retail pharmacy tech. The working conditions are terrible, the pharmacists don't have (and don't have to have) any experience or training in how to supervise, the customers have free license to treat you like a piece of crap, the pay is terrible, and the responsibilities keep increasing.

Run! Fast! Before it's too late!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Maeris

58 months ago

Seriously.... The question was: What is the best place to work for? Not the worst, they already have another comment area for that, and it's ONLY CVS bashing...

I do my pharmacy tech internship at a Walgreens. I absolutely LOVE IT. At least I have awesome co-workers and very nice pharmacists. One of them buys food for the technicians every wednesday! I don't mind working for free for them. And if they ever needed me again, I would never say no.

But that's relative to who works in the pharmacy. I hear alot of complaints about other Walgreens pharmacists. I heard one got their car shot down cause the person was a jerk.

So I'd say from my experience, Walgreens is great! But it depends on who you work with like many other jobs. I guess you should really ask the technicians how they feel were t hey work, if the pharmacist is understand or at least nice. Cause I've had pharmacists come to mine for just one day to fill, and they're just like robots and don't care about the employee at all. Like I said, it depends on the people and the volume of prescriptions!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

flicker in Houston, Texas

58 months ago

inyourface in Decatur, Georgia said: never work for CVS especially in the Pharmacy!! They dont let you take your lunches or breaks.

I am sure that the pharmacy employees where I used to have my prescriptions filled had a similar point of view about HIPAA, until I slapped them with a HIPAA violation. For those employees who still have their job, I doubt that they will have quite the same cavalier attitude that they used to have regarding patient privacy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FRUSTRATED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN in Houston, Texas

57 months ago

F*** CVS PHARMACY...THOSE GUYS MAKE YOU WORK YOUR ANUS OFF WITH NO REWARDS. I MEAN SH*T PAY US A DECENT WAGE. YOUR COMPANY MAKES MILLIONS MR. THOMAS RYAN CVS CEO! WE HELP OUT PATIENTS, HELP FILL PRESCRIPTIONS, AND TAKE CARE OF MAD PATIENTS.YOU START US AT LIKE 8 DOLLARS AND SMALL SALARIES LIKE THAT. AT LEAST PAY US MARKET VALUE $12-$17 DOLLARS AN HOUR. I MEAN MAN THE PAY IS HORRIBLE ANYBODY WHO WANTS TO BE A PHARMACIST, PHARMACY TECHNICIAN, OR ANY OTHER POSITION RELATING TO PHARMACY DON'T JOIN CVS PHARMACY. HORRIBLE COMPANY, HORRIBLE PAY, HORRIBLE HOURS, EVERYTHING. F*** CVS HOPE YOUR COMPANY GOES BANKRUPT AND GETS BOUGHT OUT BY SOMEONE WHO PAYS THIER EMPLOYEES WELL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

robwatter

57 months ago

I agree with what has been written so far. In the 5 years that I have worked there I haven't had a raise. I haven't had the chance to promte to the pharmacy unless someone call off I can't working in the pharmacy at all. I have been a license tech for 3 years and can't get a tech job in the company who made me get my license to began with.

Well Tom Ryan is to busy playing golf to really be doing any kind of work. Loss prevention all they do is look for ways to fire us. We have no real training except for the memos that are tacked to the wall. CVS is nothing but a joke and I can't wait till they go down in flames. They should have left us alone when we were Savon Drugs we had it way better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LOVELIFE09 in Rhode Island

57 months ago

Tom Ryan !!! When I worked there I never knew him but knew who he was of course . . Yet one day , I politely said Hello to him twice and he walked by me as if I wasn't even there , he just looked at me like I was nothing to Him !

Yes , he makes a lot of $$$$ but at the end of the day it's who you see in the mirror that matters " Mr Ryan " !!! You look in the mirror and think your succesful ..... succesful in WHAT ??

The great people that work so hard for CVS deserve so much more respect then they get ....... How will that ever be with a leader like Mr Ryan ? Don't expect things to change ... it all comes from " THE TOP " !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tracy88 in Birmingham, Alabama

57 months ago

mimi178 in Spokane, Washington said: Not true. You are entitled by the FEDERAL LAW to a 15 mins break or 30mins total for an 8hr day. There should be a flier that has the federal work laws posted in your break room that states everything.

You may be entitled to take lunch breaks but most CVS stores are under staffed and if you take a break the work builds up and then the managers want to know why the pharmacy is behind. So you are screwed no matter what.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tracy88 in Birmingham, Alabama

57 months ago

Well Tom Ryan is to busy playing golf to really be doing any kind of work. Loss prevention all they do is look for ways to fire us. We have no real training except for the memos that are tacked to the wall. CVS is nothing but a joke and I can't wait till they go down in flames. They should have left us alone when we were Savon Drugs we had it way better.

This person said it all. I have worked for CVS pharmacy for 3 years now as a technician. I have also worked for Walgreens and a hospital pharmacy. By far the hospital is the best. CVS is also by far the worst pharmacy to work for. I make $8 a hour and all the other pharmacy technicians make minimum wage at $7.25 a hour. Annual raises are crap. Right now CVS loves to play the bad economy card as an excuse to not give good raises. As of right now the max annual raise is at 2% so my max raise would be a whopping 16 cents. I have asked why we get bad raises and was told we are in a bad economy right now and we are lucky to have jobs. CVS business has increased dramatically and Tom Ryans bonus two years ago was 15 million dollars and he recently just purchased his own private island. The district and general managers also send several emails that are very unprofessional threatening to fire us through the week. I have a good picture of what hell is like and it would consist of working for CVS for the rest of your life. The salary I made at walgreens starting off was $10.61 a hour and the hospital was $10.85. The hospital would give you a $1.50 raise for becoming nationally certified, merit raises, and cost of living raises. Work at a indep. or hospital.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ef_cvs in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

The only thing I like about working at cvs are the people I work with and that's it. First off they juice you for everything you have and treat you like sh*t and then the customers treat you like s*&t because they think all we do is count pills and they don't understand the nature of the job that goes on behind the scenes, and then some a$$hole on the top floor in R.I. HQ is cutting down hours. Literally the entire time I'm at work this is how I feel: A phone in each hand, typing prescriptions with my feet, and getting yelled at by the customers, and also let's don't even talk about the d$#n drive thru! These a$$holes get in their cars and expect the same prompt service that they would receive at McDonald's. Heaven forbid they have something go wrong with the prescription filling process. I could go on and on and on, trust me, there is so much to complain about when you work at CVS pharmacy. But in a nutshell, every minute I'm at CVS on the clock, I feel a little bit closer to death. Stay away from this company!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No Reply - Report abuse

Zorro54 in Las Vegas, Nevada

56 months ago

CVS Employees -

I have read a lot of posts in the forum but not seen anyone take any action. Nothing changes without action. You have elected officials in your city, county, state and federal government that are YOUR representatives. They cannot help if they do not know about a problem.

That said, if one person complains to one elected official most likely nothing will come of it. When 100 people from a given city register complaints with ALL their elected officials (especially if they are up for re-election) -- sh@t happens. Really.

The biggest thing is to get over the fear of talking to them. They really are just people when you get down to it. After 5 minutes of speaking to them you'll find this out. Do NOT be afraid of them -- really. I began playing around in politics 6 years ago and was speechless the first time I was introduced to my Congressional Rep. Now -- I just talk to her, no big deal. It's the same with the State Assembly and State Senators -- their no big deal to talk too.

You next problem is -- finding them. You county website should have an 'Elections Department' (often called 'Voter Registration' or 'Registrar of Voters'). The site should have a way to look up who you elected representatives are and have a listing of contact info for each of them.

Now that you have found the info you need tell your co-workers how to look up their elected officials. Then commence fire --- start calling and sending emails (good English, grammar and spelling are very helpful -- sounding somewhat professional is to your advantage). When all of the local reps are getting complaints about a company violating state and / or federal laws --- sh$t happens.

Try it -- you might actually find the help you need without having to form a Union (which is a WHOLE LOT more than you might think -- and it is not something that happens in a week or two. The first thing that happens is -- people get fired. Then it gets worse.

mwselvage@cox.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Cugie in San Gabriel, California

56 months ago

bella in Manchester, New Hampshire said: I'm an immigrant. I was born in south america.I came to this country 18 years ago. I can not go to school because I did not know english at all, but I went to school and got my diploma, then I got my licese but the problem now with this rite aid pharmacy. they never trained me enough for this kind of job. they fired me becouse my english. the pharmacy was in charge told me I need to speak perfect english. my comment is why people go to school.They treat me like stuped person.

Unfortunately they were right, you need to improve your english skills.Work in a pharmacy that utilizes your native language skills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

techinoc in Los Angeles, California

56 months ago

I had a Rite Aid Pharmacy Manager tell me about their new workflow system, "If you dont like it, go work for CVS" and we have a former CVS front end manager working at our store now telling me how horrible it was

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

jess in Tappahannock, Virginia

55 months ago

WOOOO. GLAD i didnt choose to work there. when i went to go get a job at cvs, i asked them if they needed any techs and the manager looked at me and said, "well, the last person i hired quit before they even got a chance to work, so no."

forever my impression of the CVS pharmacy. i work at the target pharmacy now and they are great :}

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

merlyn in dallas, Texas

55 months ago

i have been working for more than a year at CVS and let me tell you it sucks. They just dnt care about the hard work you do and they dont pay you enough as well!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

heaven in Fresno, California

55 months ago

SexiSag1985 in Morrow, Georgia said: I have worked for CVS Pharmacy for over 2 years now. I started out as a cashier and am now the Lead Pharmacy Technician. I have had 6 raises since becoming employed for the company. The store I currently work for has have 5 different store managers(3 in 2008 alone) and 2 PIC in the short time I have been at the company. I've lost count of how many techs have come and gone. Not because of being fired but because after a while the mistreatment and unappreaciation finally takes it toll. From my experience CVS seems to be primarily concerned with expansion and growth versus quality customer service and the health and wellbeing of its customers and employees. Every month we seem to have some new program to promote growth in the company. Each week it seems we lose more and more tech hours. More work...less help...I hate my job.

im in school now and in the process of getting my license and certificate...wow that makes me don't want to work at a CVS...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

tech in oc in Los Angeles, California

55 months ago

MY RITE AID STORE MANAGER OF THE FRONT END, TOLD ME THAT SINCE HE TOOK THE RITE AID PHARMACY TECHNICIAN CLASS, HE CAN DO THE SAME JOB THAT I CAN, ARE YOU KIDDING ME !!!. THAT REMARK IS INSULTING EVERY TECH THAT HAS YEARS OF EXPERIENCE, I HAVE 10 PLUS YEARS OF EXPERIENCE, PLUS TOOK A COMMUNITY COLLEGE CLASS, HAVE AN AA DEGREE, AND IN SCHOOL FOR ANOTHER CAREER. I HOPE TO LEAVE THERE BY NEXT SUMMER, AND GET AWAY FROM IDIOTS LIKE THAT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.