waiting period for pharm tech license in california?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 120)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

illogic in Orange, California

62 months ago

does anyone know the waiting period for pharm tech in california? it's been 2 months and i haven't receive my license or see me registered on the board of pharmacy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

vi in Anaheim, California

61 months ago

Me too, I have been waiting almost 3 months. I wrote an email to them, they replied that if my application had been spending for 3 months, they would have answered.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CPhT Waiting in Pomona, California

60 months ago

I have heard because of our furloughs it now takes 3 months to the day. Sucks. I won't know till Feb and I'm done with my externship.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

portero in Roseville, California

60 months ago

It took them over a year to process mine. I think there is only one person doing all the applications for the whole state. The only thing that worked for me was sending them a very nasty email then it was finally processed. Its stupid that you cant even call them. You have to email them and if you haven't waited long enough before emailing they wont respond. That's a bunch of bs if you ask me...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Vi in anaheim in Los Angeles, California

58 months ago

Finally I got it. It takes me 4 months and 1 week. They said the reason of the late issue was that they didn't receive my fingerprint from DOJ; and told me do not ask DOJ directly because DOJ would not answer. At that time I didn't believe it is true reason and felt helpless. God bless California.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

janie in Hacienda Heights, California

52 months ago

portero in Roseville, California said: It took them over a year to process mine. I think there is only one person doing all the applications for the whole state. The only thing that worked for me was sending them a very nasty email then it was finally processed. Its stupid that you cant even call them. You have to email them and if you haven't waited long enough before emailing they wont respond. That's a bunch of bs if you ask me...

What sort of things did you put in your nasty email? Did you threaten legal action or something? Just wondering, because I want to send a similar email for myself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

janie in Hacienda Heights, California

52 months ago

bump

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stacy in Murrieta, California

44 months ago

I recently moved out to California from New Jersey, I'm unemployed, and getting the money together for the licensing was a pain. As of two weeks ago, it's finally in the mail. I'm finally getting calls about jobs and they won't hire me unless I'm licensed. Apparently there's no grace period where you can work while you're license is being processed. The year long waiting period is rather discouraging but I suppose I'll have to wait it out. What's the email that you can inquire the status of your application?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Eve in Spokane, Washington

43 months ago

HI... Im moving down to San Diego in about 3 weeks and I'm a brand new pharmacy tech. Just curious, what do you mean there's a year long waiting period? I thought the process took 90 days. Can you clarify?

makemoney in Ukiah, California

42 months ago

Eve in Spokane, Washington said: HI... Im moving down to San Diego in about 3 weeks and I'm a brand new pharmacy tech. Just curious, what do you mean there's a year long waiting period? I thought the process took 90 days. Can you clarify?

its takes forever. in 19 days its going to be 3 months exactly since they recieved my app. AND STILL NOTHING!!! someone i work with sau 3 months exactly. who knows

jj in Rialto, California

42 months ago

its gonna three months for me on july 8 they say theyre are waiting for my fingerprints to come back from the doj. im so frustrated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

CPhT in Oakland, California

42 months ago

It's been almost 2 1/2 months for me. I wrote them an email after a month and they replied that they would not do anything about it unless it was after 60 days...Which is confusing because after further research the website says 90 days.. Sent another email and no response. I was just hired at a local hospital and part of my job requires that I be license. This is because I will partially be working with medications and pharmacy. My orientation is still on hold because my license hasn't been processed! This is ridiculous.. Every other certification/license I have applied for has never taken this long..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Eve in El Cajon, California

42 months ago

I drove to Sacramento to personally hand in my application because that's what one poster said to do. I was surprised when I arrived to see how small the office was. It looks the size of a normal business office. Just one receptionist manning the phone lines which explains why its so difficult to get through to a real person. I talked to the gal at the window and she says they are absolutely backlogged...Minimum 90 days and not to expect a license any sooner!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

STILLWAITING in Ukiah, California

42 months ago

SO on June 29 it was about 90 days and still nothing. No email no website no nothing. I know they cashed my check. No point in rushing it, no jobs out there anyway.

42 months ago

On June 29 my application has been 90 days. I sent it certified and thats when usps said they got it. They cashed my check shortly after. According the the phone number I call they are only proccessing March 29 through May ??? I call every Monday to hear the current voicemail on what is processing and its been changing graudually since I first sent in my application. My husband said its likely just because they "got it" doesnt mean they opened it right away. This sucks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

On June 29 my application has been 90 days. I sent it certified and thats when usps said they got it. They cashed my check shortly after. According the the phone number I call they are only proccessing March 29 through May ??? I call every Monday to hear the current voicemail on what is processing and its been changing graudually since I first sent in my application. My husband said its likely just because they "got it" doesnt mean they opened it right away. This sucks.

Worried About Application in Sonoma, California

41 months ago

I am nationally certified, A.S. degree in pharm tech., and preparing for my hospital externship this upcoming fall semester. I am worried about how long my application to the State Board of California will take to process (received a week and a half ago). I am also worried about receiving a denial, because I got a Minor in Possesion of Alcohol when I was 18 (12 years ago). I checked "Yes" and fully disclosed my misdemeanor, that it was dismissed, that I received Diversion, paid a fine and did 20 hours community service. I wrote a letter explaining the event that led to my MIP, as they requested. I am hoping the Board is not so harsh that they would deny a license based on this, and that if they DO accept my application, that they don't take like 4 extra months to process due to my situation.

Jj

41 months ago

After almost 4 months I finally got my license had to email them like crazy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

STILLWAITING

41 months ago

Worried About Application in Sonoma, California said: I am nationally certified, A.S. degree in pharm tech., and preparing for my hospital externship this upcoming fall semester. I am worried about how long my application to the State Board of California will take to process (received a week and a half ago). I am also worried about receiving a denial, because I got a Minor in Possesion of Alcohol when I was 18 (12 years ago). I checked "Yes" and fully disclosed my misdemeanor, that it was dismissed, that I received Diversion, paid a fine and did 20 hours community service. I wrote a letter explaining the event that led to my MIP, as they requested. I am hoping the Board is not so harsh that they would deny a license based on this, and that if they DO accept my application, that they don't take like 4 extra months to process due to my situation.

I HAVE BEEN WAITING OVER 4 MONTHS. MY APP WAS PERFECT

Jj

41 months ago

My app took about 4 months I had nothing on my record so if u do have smething your app gets put into another pile..my school advisor told me that they are short staffed ..smething on yout record cld mean a much longer time to process it .

JN in Yorba Linda, California

40 months ago

My check was cashed in on April 13, and NOTHING.

I have two concerns about my application.
1. What photo did everyone use? I used just any recent photo of myself and cut it to 2x2 as stated on the app but the space alloted for the photo was a RECTANGLE! I didn't know whether or not to put it up as 2x2 or as a rectangle and i decided to go with the 2x2 because it was stated int he directions. Did most people use a passport picture?

2. the one was my fault, i crossed out my name in a section reserved for specifying the school attended but i took the PTCB so that should have been blank. but i just put one line through and clarified that i took the PTCB.

do you think this poses as a problem?? I'm so deathly worried.

impatient in Salinas, California

40 months ago

STILLWAITING said: I HAVE BEEN WAITING OVER 4 MONTHS. MY APP WAS PERFECT

ive only been waiting 2½ months and i emailed the board. they basically said if it hasnt been 4 months, dont bother asking lol. so if its been this long for you, you should email them and ask why. goodluck!

jlcn in Yorba Linda, California

40 months ago

I JUST received my license yesterday! So it's been 4.5 months for me before I received it. i had no deficiencies. and my license number shows up online. Good luck to everyone else waiting for theirs!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Sacramento, California

40 months ago

Contrary to the maximum 90 days on the application, the state dept of pharmacy will not even talk to applicants until they've waited for 4 months from the time that the application was entered into the system, which could be a couple of weeks from the time it was mailed. At the end of the four month period, the state will notify applicants of any deficiencies in the application which will require additional time for remedying. For fingerprints DO NOT go to a UPS or small business which has a cheap scanner hooked up to a laptop, or you will be starting all over again with the process. Good luck.

illogic in Orange, California said: does anyone know the waiting period for pharm tech in california? it's been 2 months and i haven't receive my license or see me registered on the board of pharmacy.

shaved in El Cajon, California

40 months ago

Anonymous in Sacramento, California said: Contrary to the maximum 90 days on the application, the state dept of pharmacy will not even talk to applicants until they've waited for 4 months from the time that the application was entered into the system, which could be a couple of weeks from the time it was mailed. At the end of the four month period, the state will notify applicants of any deficiencies in the application which will require additional time for remedying. For fingerprints DO NOT go to a UPS or small business which has a cheap scanner hooked up to a laptop, or you will be starting all over again with the process. Good luck.

What's wrong with going to UPS or a small business for the fingerprints?

T in Westminster, California

39 months ago

I recently contacted my assemblyman as one of these comments suggested, and unfortunately the Board of Pharmacy is 100 days behind on the Pharmacy Technician licensing. It might not be for awhile until everyone gets theirs.

FL090 in San Francisco, California

39 months ago

I moved to CA and applied for a license. It's ridiculous that you have to apply for a license after working in another state for years, but whatever...After 3 and a half months BOP asked for my transcripts. Now it's been almost 4 and a half months and I am still waiting.
I emailed them many times and after all these emails I contacted licensing manager that told me how behind they are and that this week (end of september) they will be completing all deficiency mail from August, which means I won't be getting my license for another month, probably, if not more. Been unemployed for 5 and a half months now due to this license BS!

I just can't grasp and believe that they can't hire, get some help, do something so all these people that are waiting can get they licenses and start working for God's sakes! CA Board of Pharmacy is the worst and most unorganized thing I ever had to deal with!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

I stand corrected, I received my application two months after turning it in, which is better than I would have expected. Maybe calling my congressman really did work or they're working faster on their application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Skye CPhT in Los Angeles, California

39 months ago

i just called to check the status on their voicemail, they are currently working on tech apps received from mid-august to september 9th (i think it said)...well, first few weeks of september anyway. so hopefully they're going to be catching up. they should just hire us techs who need jobs to work for them processing tech apps. it'd be a win-win. haha.

sigh. i have a long wait, I JUST turned my app in :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

Skye CPhT in Los Angeles, California said: i just called to check the status on their voicemail, they are currently working on tech apps received from mid-august to september 9th (i think it said)...well, first few weeks of september anyway. so hopefully they're going to be catching up. they should just hire us techs who need jobs to work for them processing tech apps. it'd be a win-win. haha.

sigh. i have a long wait, I JUST turned my app in :(

Definitely, what's interesting is other states have the application stuff online, and my co-worker that moved to Chicago got hers approved almost 2 months before mine.

shaved in El Cajon, California

39 months ago

Just received mine after almost 4 months, my application was received on June 17.

caliGem san diego

39 months ago

I got mine this week after 6 months of waiting. I have a 10 year old misdemeanor on my record that slowed up the process i got a letter back in the end of august stating my app was going to the enforcement unit for review and it would take another 90 days at least and after waiting and missing out on employment opportunities I started emailing whoever I could and my license was approved within 2 weeks of my 1st email. Now I get to start my job at Kaiser right on time. Super ecstatic!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

I'm very happy for all of you who have finally received your license. I'm still waiting on them to even cash my check...this blows.

MikeUSAF in Chatsworth, California

38 months ago

CPhT Waiting in Pomona, California said: I have heard because of our furloughs it now takes 3 months to the day. Sucks. I won't know till Feb and I'm done with my externship.

I would like to become a pharmacy technician, I am 51 and unemployed. So If it takes 3-4 months to get your pharmacy technician licence, does that mean you can not work as a pharmacy technician until you get your licence? If, so what do you do for income since you can not work in a pharmacy without the licence?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

MikeUSAF in Chatsworth, California

38 months ago

Vi in anaheim in Los Angeles, California said: Finally I got it. It takes me 4 months and 1 week. They said the reason of the late issue was that they didn't receive my fingerprint from DOJ; and told me do not ask DOJ directly because DOJ would not answer. At that time I didn't believe it is true reason and felt helpless. God bless California.

I would like to become a pharmacy technician, I am 51 and unemployed, does that mean you can not work in a pharmacy until you receive your pharmacy technician licence? If so, what do you due for income (generic question)until then?

38 months ago

Honestly, I've had to leave a few times to work out of state where I have family--where they live doesn't require a license. Or I've had to live off my unemployment and student loans... the board of pharmacy doesn't care that this is our livelihood apparently-- I suggest they open a branch that handles NorCal and SoCal separately because obviously one office in Sacramento isn't working...

leoKALLICO in Panorama City, California

38 months ago

portero in Roseville, California said: It took them over a year to process mine. I think there is only one person doing all the applications for the whole state. The only thing that worked for me was sending them a very nasty email then it was finally processed. Its stupid that you cant even call them. You have to email them and if you haven't waited long enough before emailing they wont respond. That's a bunch of bs if you ask me...

im having the same problem.. can you please send me the email you sent them??? i have sent them so many email and nothing.. since the 1 you sent worked for you maybe it will work for me

jbaker in Los Gatos, California

37 months ago

I totally forgot to send in my transcript with my application... i sent it about a week ago. Do I have to wait till they send it back to resend it? Should I just send a whole new one now instead of waiting? If I just send in my transcripts will they link it with my other application? This sucks :(

ALXGO in Sonoma, California

37 months ago

caliGem san diego said: I got mine this week after 6 months of waiting. I have a 10 year old misdemeanor on my record that slowed up the process i got a letter back in the end of august stating my app was going to the enforcement unit for review and it would take another 90 days at least and after waiting and missing out on employment opportunities I started emailing whoever I could and my license was approved within 2 weeks of my 1st email. Now I get to start my job at Kaiser right on time. Super ecstatic!!!

Besides the Enforcement Unit and App Status email addresses, did you email any other addresses at the State Board? I am wondering because I am in exactly the same place you were, 12 yr. old misdemeanor, application has been 4 months now. If you have any other email tips that worked for you, that would be so helpful. Thanks, and congrats on the job!

PT in Riverside, California

37 months ago

caliGem san diego said: I got mine this week after 6 months of waiting. I have a 10 year old misdemeanor on my record that slowed up the process i got a letter back in the end of august stating my app was going to the enforcement unit for review and it would take another 90 days at least and after waiting and missing out on employment opportunities I started emailing whoever I could and my license was approved within 2 weeks of my 1st email. Now I get to start my job at Kaiser right on time. Super ecstatic!!!

What kind of Midsdemeanor was it ?? and was it espunged?

ALXGO in San Francisco, California

37 months ago

PT in Riverside, California said: What kind of Midsdemeanor was it ?? and was it espunged?

It was a minor in possession of alcohol, and yes, it was "expunged" or removed from my record. No bother though, I just got my license today!! The misdemeanor definitely slowed things down, but so did other deficiencies that were beyond my control (fingerprints didn't work the first time, etc.). Start to finish, it took 4 months to get my license -- so I'm not complaining, it could have been worse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ksoria9 in Hollister, California

37 months ago

They just cashed my check. Is it four months after this date that everyone talks about. It has been close to a month since they recieved it. My app is perfect so hopefully soon I'll have my license.

phtchris in San Mateo, California

37 months ago

I just got mine about 4 days ago. It took less than 2.5 months. My other co-worker sent hers in a couple months before I did and she waited 5 months and a half months. I don't know why mine came so fast! So happy I got it though!

37 months ago

phtchris in San Mateo, California said: I just got mine about 4 days ago. It took less than 2.5 months. My other co-worker sent hers in a couple months before I did and she waited 5 months and a half months. I don't know why mine came so fast! So happy I got it though!

Was it 2.5 months from when they cashed your check?

37 months ago

yeah that's what I want to know-- how was it from when they actually cashed your check? They cashed mine about a month ago...

jm in Hacienda Heights, California

37 months ago

phtchris in San Mateo, California said: I just got mine about 4 days ago. It took less than 2.5 months. My other co-worker sent hers in a couple months before I did and she waited 5 months and a half months. I don't know why mine came so fast! So happy I got it though!

hi when did you mail in your application? I have been waiting almost 4 months. just curious thanks

jbaker in Berkeley, California

37 months ago

I totally forgot to send in my transcript with my application... i sent it about a week ago. Do I have to wait till they send it back to resend it? Should I just send a whole new one now instead of waiting? If I just send in my transcripts will they link it with my other application? This sucks :(

ptchris in San Mateo, California

37 months ago

ksoria9 in Hollister, California said: Was it 2.5 months from when they cashed your check?

It was 2.5 months after I sent it.

ptchris in San Mateo, California

37 months ago

jm in Hacienda Heights, California said: hi when did you mail in your application? I have been waiting almost 4 months. just curious thanks

They received mine Aug 29th I was posted by November 18th.

37 months ago

ptchris in San Mateo, California said: They received mine Aug 29th I was posted by November 18th.

Thanks hopefully I am lucky like you were

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.