PTCB EXAM RESULTS...along with a question

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1180)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Girl Germs in Hixson, Tennessee

86 months ago

I took the test on aug. 27th which was the first day of the testing window. It took up until 30 minutes ago [midnight] to get my results [I PASSED YAY!!] and i'll tell all you who are destined to take this thing: the wait for the results will be the LONGEST 2 weeks of your life LOL. Also, it was a little hard for me, being uninformed and all, to find out where you go to check your results online. I thought i'd provide the link incase anyone else is having this problem www.proexam.org/ptcb/review/index.page
It doesn't tell you the details of your test, only if you pass or fail [the other stuff comes in the mail]

So anyway here's my question. Everyone whos passed knows you get a "congratulations you passed the PTCE" from the board, but what do they say to you when you fail? Is it a simple "we're greatly sorry to inform you but you failed!"?? Just thought i'd ask.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (103) / No (44) Reply - Report abuse

Lovely Baptist in Delray Beach, Florida

85 months ago

I want to know where to go to get my test results. can u please direct me to the web site thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (100) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

I didnt make a password beforehand either, i just typed one in. Like if you wanted it to be APPLES then it will be APPLES. Just make sure its one that you cant forget. If tht doesnt work, then make sure of the date your results are available

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Lovely Baptist in Delray Beach, Florida

85 months ago

Thanks Girl Germs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

SURE!!! anytime!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Philipia N.Romer in Nassau, Bahamas

84 months ago

I Took my exam September 22,2007...I am waiting on my results/or can u tell me where to go and look for it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

It most assuredly IS NOT a walk in the park. Thats why I had formal training in school by a PHARM.D as a teacher and had a whole semester on pharmaceutical calculations. There's no way I would have passed the math part without it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

LYNX in Okeechobee, Florida

83 months ago

I took the test on Dec 11 and when this evening tried to log in, it says there is no record of my application!! I dont know what to do now.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

keandegh in Fort Worth, Texas

82 months ago

I took the test on December 27, (yesterday) and for some reason it says my results wont be available until 3 weeks away. Are they available online faster than that? And also a 650 out of 900 is like 72 percent, is that how they grade it? Do you have to get over 70 percent to pass????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Beklyn23 in cape coral, Florida

82 months ago

I tool my test on 11/29, and when I left they handed me a paper that said my results would be avaiable online on 12/14. I thought the results would show sooner, but they were poster on 12/14. They grade using those numbers (650-900) you need the 650 to pass. I guess you could consider the 650 a 70% or a C.
It is a scaled grade
go here this explains the scoring procedure:

www.ptcb.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Exam_Information&Template=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=2238

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lynx in Okeechobee, Florida

82 months ago

I got my result day before yesterday..on the website it just tells u pass or fail. The detailed results and score is sent to u at ur mailing address. It wont take 3 weeks for the results. I took the test on 11th and on 27th, I got the result on the website but havent got the score yet......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mimi

82 months ago

I failed the test the first time, but i am going to take it again. Has anyone taking the new computer test that out now? I felt bad about failing because i have been working as a technician for a long time, but i am not good at taking tests.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

VRose in Belle Glade, Florida

79 months ago

alma in Sunnyside, Washington said: i'm gona go take my test anywhere between (4-28 THRU 6-20). should i be nervous? i have been a tech for bout 3 yrs now, but working in pharmacy for over 5 yrs now.

We do not know if you should be nervous? even though one post
above said he/she has been a tech and she failed the test...does
that make you nervous? I have no exp, and taking the test tomorrow..
will i be nervous, hell ya...I would rather pass it the first time, and brag to the hospital that called me for an interview in one week, then fail the test, walk away pissy, and have to study for another month before i can take it again, and loose another $95.00...

yes, you should be nervous. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Vee in Orlando, Florida

79 months ago

Dont worry abt the test at all!!! U said u've been working in the pharmacy for the past 5 years and been a tech for 3?? Well, in that case, U would pass the test veryyyyyyyyy easily. Know ur sig code, conversions, and basic math and u'll pass...trust me...I have no experience working in pharmacy but we require to pass the test to be in management and passed it without much preparation in December 07..U'll be fine, dont be nervous or stress out. All the best

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

VRose in Belle Glade, Florida

79 months ago

I PASSED! I passed my exam by 3 points :) - during the exam I was
almost sure I was not going to pass, there was only about 10 math questions, most of them were super easy, and one w/v problem...most of the math was like I gtts po tid hs, eyes/ears, there were no date laws at all, a lot of HIPPA stuff, there were about 10-15 drug questions about brand/generic/use which i am fairly weak in, there were lots of common since questions that probably helped me alot, there were a couple conversion mg/ml, no allegations, rules/regulation type questions, and there were tons of questions on CII rules/drugs, etc..there were a few simple multiply questions like how long will this last...II tsp po qid am for 3 days...how long will it last/day supply...etc...it was luck that passed, and not skill of actually
knowing the answers, i knew i answered a lot correctly, but there was tons of questions that i just had no clue on what so ever....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Skinny in Eugene, Oregon

78 months ago

I just took the test and yeah i was pretty nervous. i think i got one of the harder one's. I'll find out in 1 week to see if i passed or failed. but i will retry if i failed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

te cake in Ville Platte, Louisiana

78 months ago

the test was hard i know idid not pass put iwill surely try again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

cdo206 in Seattle, Washington

78 months ago

umm the site that lets you know whether you pass or fail. what password are they looking for? i just took my test on May 17, should it be up already? i did a computer base test. there were 90 questions total. so i guess each question is a 10 pointer. from what i'm hearing, if one finishes the whole 90 questions, they failed? correct me if im wrong. thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Minneapolis, Minnesota

77 months ago

I just took my ptce today too, hopefully i pass!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

LIZ in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

ISA HARD TO TAKE THE POST OFFICE EXAM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Nervous!!!!!! in Okeechobee, Florida

77 months ago

I have been a tech for 9 months i took a practice exam in the book i have and made a 75 on it.. how does the book compare to the test?? is it similar? i take the test on monday..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lizbeth ceron in Spring, Texas

77 months ago

well is it hard and are you working now how long did it took for you to story

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mimi in Anaheim, California

77 months ago

I want to take the test but I have no experience in pharmacy. Where do I get the book/DVD/info? please help!

Mimi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Philipia N.Romer in Nassau, Bahamas

77 months ago

This is my second time sitting the Ptce exam...I passed this time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

felice colbert in Nashville, Tennessee

77 months ago

Hey!! I took the Exam May 27th 2008! I was very nervous throughout, which is normal..because I didn't know what to expect. I want to thank Girl Germs for setting up the link to obtain your Exam Results! Thanx so much for that valuable information! On June 13th (Friday) I went on line to find out my Exam Results and didn't have a clue where to look until I saw the Girl Germs information!
I PASSED!! I'm so thankful to the Lord!! Never would have made it without you...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Nikki in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I just took my ptce today too, hopefully i pass!

I'm sure that u will do fine if u studied really hard and did the very best that u could do and leave everything else to the Lord, with him everything is possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Mimi in Anaheim, California said: I want to take the test but I have no experience in pharmacy. Where do I get the book/DVD/info? please help!

Mimi

Hey, I went 2 Barnes & Noble book store, and purchased the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam Review Second Edition by Patricia K. Anthony with Delmar Learnings..Hope this helps. I took the test 27 May 2008 and received my results 13 June 2008!! I PASSED! I feel as though the book was pretty thorough with each problem , even the dosing calculations, and aligations, law etc. Hey, I wasn't an A student in Math when I attended school almost 27 years ago, the book was an excellent tool, i studied very hard and it payed off, I PASSED!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

lizbeth ceron in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

thank you so much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MellyNelly in Springfield, Ohio

77 months ago

Yes, I agree with you Nikki. Knowledge comes from hard work and diligence. Not from praying to the Lord. If you want something hard enough, you have to be willing to work for it.I took the test today. The main thing I will give you a hint on is that you need to know your conversions. Make sure you know all your conversions, front and back, and that should give you a good head start to a great outcome!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

girlygirl in Downers Grove, Illinois

76 months ago

it sure does! "trust in the Lord with all your heart and LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING. in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight" Proverbs 3:5
No matter how hard you work for it, if not with the Lord's help, you're not gonna make it. You can say you worked hard your whole life and made it on your own, but behind all that is God helping you through.
anyway, i took mine last week, i'll know if i passed or failed tomorrow. the review books are definitely harder than the test itself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

april in Oakland, California

76 months ago

i would like to thank this site..it helps me to pass the ptcb exam through the tips and hints of this people..plus of course my faith in GOD..study your calculations and take your time to analyze the problems..dont forget your conversions..study hard and dont forget to pray..godbless and gudluck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

girlygirl in Downers Grove, Illinois

76 months ago

i passed too! don't worry too much about brand/generic conversions..the exam focuses more on hospital stuff and math problems. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

GirlyGirl,
You were RIGHT on time with that scripture Proverbs 3:5. Hey, CONGRATULATIONS on passing the Exam!! As we know..."With God, all things are possible!!" Study hard and keep the faith, God is in control!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

LANA in Freeport, Bahamas

76 months ago

I TOOK THE EXAM OCT.2007. IT WASNT REALLY HARD. I PASSED WITH A 780/900.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

meg

75 months ago

Nikki in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: The book is more challenging than the actual test itself. If you do good on the book, then you should do excellent on the actual test =]

What practice book did you use? I have done the practice test from the PTCB that CVS pharmacy prepared. Is the actual test actually easier math? I am good calculating things in the retail setting but don't know how I will do if I get alot of hospital conversions on the test

PUJA in Van Nuys, California

75 months ago

HI Everyone,
i just got my books and i m talking the exam in september could u guys tell me what should i study more and what should i not worry about. i will realy appreciate.
thanks

meg

75 months ago

Nikki in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: The book is more challenging than the actual test itself. If you do good on the book, then you should do excellent on the actual test =]

how much easier is the actual test then the book? the CVS pharmacy study book is overbearing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

meg

75 months ago

Vee in Orlando, Florida said: Dont worry abt the test at all!!! U said u've been working in the pharmacy for the past 5 years and been a tech for 3?? Well, in that case, U would pass the test veryyyyyyyyy easily. Know ur sig code, conversions, and basic math and u'll pass...trust me...I have no experience working in pharmacy but we require to pass the test to be in management and passed it without much preparation in December 07..U'll be fine, dont be nervous or stress out. All the best

do you have to have all the formula calculations memorized for the test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Vee in Apopka, Florida

75 months ago

Yeah u pretty much need to be thorough with the formulas and conversions. Lots of calculations and math is there on the test. Do remember to practice flow-rate questions too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Vee in Apopka, Florida

75 months ago

If u do good practicing the book, u'll do excellent in the test. books are overbearing but r really helpful. Focus on Math, conversions, Sigcodes, brand-generics and u'll be fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

meg

75 months ago

what kind of conversions were most common?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Vee in Apopka, Florida

75 months ago

Basic ones that u use during ur daily work in pharmacy....the ones that u use for sig codes. Practice flow-rates too. One of my friend took the test last month and failed by 9 points because he didnt practice flow-rate questions...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

try to get the books through your employer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Millie Cabos in Houston, Texas

75 months ago

Im scheduled to take my exam on Aug. 18th. I just bought a book to help me prepare, but is there something that I really need to focus on, and is there something that I don't need to learn at all? I have a short amount of time and want to make sure I pass. The test is $130 and the book was $72, I don't want my money to go to waste. I bought the book Pharmacy Technician certification exam review by Patricia K. Anthony, does anyone know if this book will be sufficient?? please give me any information, I'm sure it will help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Devon in Plainfield, Illinois

75 months ago

ozzy in Georgetown, Kentucky said: how many years of college do you need to become a pharmacy tech

Lol. U Don't Need Any College To Become A Pharmacy Tech. U Can Just Take The PTCB Exam And Get Certified That Way. There Are Programs At Community Colleges That Can Be Completed In 3 Months. I Seriously Urge U Not To Waste Any Money Or More Than 3 Months Studying To Become A Pharmacy Tech.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

lizbeth ceron in Houston, Texas

75 months ago

hey iam not good at math and to be pharmacy thecnician you need to know math

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

clesha in Fayetteville, North Carolina

75 months ago

hey i take the exam on sept 4 2008 im currently in the training program but i think i need more advice on what to study for the exam? can someone help???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Cls in Indianapolis, Indiana

75 months ago

ozzy in Georgetown, Kentucky said: how many years of college do you need to become a pharmacy tech

none

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AA in Pipe Creek, Texas

75 months ago

were the conversion factors given on the exam? someone answered earlier, but there wording was awkward... And by know conversions used on the exam are daily use conversions, should I assume the Apothecary system in the book is mostly nonexistent on the exam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AA in Pipe Creek, Texas

75 months ago

Wow... Here I am, confused by syntax, and I notice I accidentally used a homonym and used messed up my own syntax, lmao! whoops!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.