Hospital VS Mail-Order Pharmacy...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

tea in Concord, North Carolina

39 months ago

Be happy you have a pharm tech position in the hospital period. i have put in over 200 applications at different hospitals and no one will hire me for nothing, and i have 1 half years experience in retail, and retail is very very stressful i hate it!!!!...be positive and keep your hospital job they dont come easy for some..maybe oneday soon you will get the hours you want to work....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cvs grunt in Ligonier, Indiana

38 months ago

how long have you worked at there? Most times you have to work at least a year or more to get the better hours. If money is no object you could try retail but the pay is a lot better in hospital and you probably have less stress/bs/nonsense than as a retail pharm tech

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

LuckyK in Cerritos, California

38 months ago

I'm starting pharmacy technology study soon.

I prefer retail pharmacy because I used to work in retail sales (mall).

But one source I read (I think it was salary.com) said that 75% of the pharm tech jobs are at retail pharmacies.

If thats true, it makes since considering the aggressive buildings of shopping centers and openings of drug and mass merchandising stores.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

By the way, what's so stressful about being a retail pharmcy tech?

I used to work for Victoria's Secret and I would call it "the company with 2 Christmas's in 3 months" because Valentine's day would be as hectic as Christmas.

I can't imagine anything more hectic than that.

The CVS where I pick up my perscriptions only seems to be slightly busy around the time people get off work (5-7pm)...

And the pharmacy at my local Target is DEAD. I went in there once and they were closing at around 5pm when the sign said 7pm (CVS's is open till 9 ro 10)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

tea in Concord, North Carolina

38 months ago

LuckyK in Cerritos, California said: By the way, what's so stressful about being a retail pharmcy tech?

I used to work for Victoria's Secret and I would call it "the company with 2 Christmas's in 3 months" because Valentine's day would be as hectic as Christmas.

I can't imagine anything more hectic than that.

The CVS where I pick up my perscriptions only seems to be slightly busy around the time people get off work (5-7pm)...

And the pharmacy at my local Target is DEAD. I went in there once and they were closing at around 5pm when the sign said 7pm (CVS's is open till 9 ro 10)

BABY LOOKS CAN BE VERY DECEIVING.....TRUST ME I WORK AT CVS AND ITS LIKE PURE HELL AT TIMES.. YOU DONT KNOW IF YOU COMING OR GOING, AND WHEN YOU DO GET A CHANCE TO BREATH SUM MANAGERS STILL WANT YOU TO KEEP BUSY AND WORK LIKE A SLAVE!!!!AND I FORGET THINGS AND ITS HARD TO REMEMBER IF YOU JUGGLING AROUND ALLDAY AND YOU'RE ALWAYS SHORT OF STAFF..JUST MY OPINION I WOULDNT ADVISE RETAIL PHARMACY TECH FOR ANYONE....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Sounds typical of retail jobs to me.

I'll be honest, I am only getting into this to be able to continue my retail career in a recession. I think like a business person first.

People who are more into this for the healthcare aspect might feel differently.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MKW in Oakland, California

38 months ago

Lucky,
You can start at the pharmacy as a pharmacy clerk if you find such a place. Believe me, finding pharmacy tech position is more difficult than finding a pharmacy clerk job paid only $3/hr lover.
Pharmacy is not recession-proof and don't believe all the scum about growing PT positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

miranda in Delray Beach, Florida

37 months ago

do all pharmacy technicians need to get vaccinated before working on the job in the HOSPITAL? the last vaccination i got was for Hep B, while in college, 10 years ago. Are up-to-date vaccinations REQUIRED? and how about for the flu vaccine? I really don't want any more vaccinations (especially an annual flu shot) after becoming more educated on the subject.

How is it for RETAIL? I heard that it's just recommended, so far, thankfully.

any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joshdadude in Park Forest, Illinois

37 months ago

Umm from one fellow pharmacy tech to another working in this field could somebody please stay on topic and answer the topics question??? Sorry I've been intrigued to work for mail-order too and would like to know this because the information is hard to find so..which is it??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

unhappy inschool in Columbus, Ohio

16 months ago

does everyone get the the grants in a timely mateer? I been waiting on my for 5 weeks! It would b nice if came right now. I need it, not working.My 1 teacher not so sure about him, he seems to more interest in young people lifes then what he is suppose to b teaching.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.