Question regarding to PTCB exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 101)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Chen in Plainsboro, New Jersey

60 months ago

Hello I wish to take the PTCB exam soon, and was going to register via the internet but one of the rule they have is "I acknowledge that I will not engage in any training activities designed to prepare individuals to sit for the PTCB Exam for a period of three (3) years after taking this examination." So if I were to take the test and didn't pass I can't take any course related to Pharmacy technician in three years?

I want to try to self study and see if I can pass the test or not, and if I don't I will go and take some class about it, but if this is a rule I have to adjust my plan. So anyone knows the answer to this question? Since I can't find a way to contact the people on PTCB board so I figure this job forum is my best bet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

cookie in Lexington, Kentucky

60 months ago

Chen in Plainsboro, New Jersey said: Hello I wish to take the PTCB exam soon, and was going to register via the internet but one of the rule they have is "I acknowledge that I will not engage in any training activities designed to prepare individuals to sit for the PTCB Exam for a period of three (3) years after taking this examination." So if I were to take the test and didn't pass I can't take any course related to Pharmacy technician in three years?

I want to try to self study and see if I can pass the test or not, and if I don't I will go and take some class about it, but if this is a rule I have to adjust my plan. So anyone knows the answer to this question? Since I can't find a way to contact the people on PTCB board so I figure this job forum is my best bet.

This is in reguard to teaching the exam to someone else. They dont want you to remember any of the questions on the exam to prepare someone else for the test. It doesnt mean you cant take it again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in Van Nuys, California

60 months ago

would i be able to take the PTCE sooner than 60 days after I took it the first time?
I am so angry because by the time 60 days rolls around, I will have forgot all my knowledge!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Does anybody know if it shows on your record if you fail the PTCE the first time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Sha in Charlotte, North Carolina

60 months ago

Cindy in Van Nuys, California said: Does anybody know if it shows on your record if you fail the PTCE the first time?

S it does show pass/fail at the end but ur scores will come by mail only which will take 3-4 weeks .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sha in Charlotte, North Carolina

60 months ago

I am sorry i misunderstood what u asked for .....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

i know but will it show on ym record if i want to get a job, will they see i failed the PTCE the first time i took it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pharmacy Tech Instructon in Bountiful, Utah

60 months ago

Cindy in Van Nuys, California said: Does anybody know if it shows on your record if you fail the PTCE the first time?

no. You can take the exam 100 times if you want. the only "record" anyone will see is your cirtificate when you pass. They wont even see your score.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

I though the max number of times you can take is four times and the fourth time you have to get the boards permission?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Pharmacy Tech Instructor in Bountiful, Utah

60 months ago

sorry... all I ment by taking it 100 times is that noone would ever know that you took it that many times the PTCB website says
"
Candidates who fail the PTCB Examination can retake the examination three times. After three retakes, candidates will need to appeal to PTCB and requests will be reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis. For the first two retakes, candidates are required to wait 60 days before taking the examination again. For the third retake, candidates are required to wait 6 months before taking the examination again. "

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in North Hollywood, California

60 months ago

ok awesome! thanks Pharmacy Tech Instructon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

got it, thanks hehe i better pass this time lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jackie in Los Angeles, California

60 months ago

Do you guys know what the Exam is mostly focused on? Is the exam very hard? or semi easy? Is it possible to get a job WITHOUT a certification?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in Anaheim, California

60 months ago

JACKIE, the exam is semi-hard, a lot of calculations/ "inventory control" area questions. Yes you can get a job without certification at CVS and Walgreens. ;) Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

oh ok, thanks for responding back

60 months ago

no prob ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

does this really work or is it something that cheat you out of your money, that save 42% doesn't really help to convince me it is legitamate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jackie

60 months ago

For the PTCB, do we have ONLY 3 chances in a year? or 3 chances all together?

60 months ago

Jackie said: For the PTCB, do we have ONLY 3 chances in a year? or 3 chances all together?

Candidates who fail the PTCB Examination can retake the examination three times. After three
retakes, candidates will need to appeal to PTCB and requests will be reviewed and approved on a
case-by-case basis. For the first two retakes, candidates are required to wait 60 days before
taking the examination again. For the third retake, candidates are required to wait 6 months
before taking the examination again.
source: www.ptcb.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=PTCB_Exam&Template=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=3100

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

JACKIE, you have 3 chances all together ;)

Jackie

59 months ago

ahh I'm so nervous about this test...but ok thanks ya guys

59 months ago

no prob Jackie, you'll do great ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

hey guys it's me again for the 10th time hahah. ok so do u guys know the subjects that are going to be on the exam? and what are the percentage of each subject?

59 months ago

Jackie in Los Angeles, California said: hey guys it's me again for the 10th time hahah. ok so do u guys know the subjects that are going to be on the exam? and what are the percentage of each subject?

Assisting the Pharmacist in Serving Patients – 66% of exam

Maintaining Medication and Inventory Control Systems – 22% of exam

Participating in the Administration and Management of Pharmacy Practice – 12% of exam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

nilay in Boston, Massachusetts

59 months ago

Pharmacy Tech Instructon in Bountiful, Utah said: no. You can take the exam 100 times if you want. the only "record" anyone will see is your cirtificate when you pass. They wont even see your score.

thats not true buddy always score mateer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brown_dude_CPhT in Roslindale, Massachusetts

59 months ago

nilay in Boston, Massachusetts said: thats not true buddy always score mateer

A 650 or above scaled score is all you need to pass the national pharmacy examination.

Pearson VUE is the contracted vendor which administers the PTCE Exam in Boston, Ma.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pharmaxy Tech Instructor in Bountiful, Utah

59 months ago

nilay in Boston, Massachusetts said: thats not true buddy always score mateer

I dont understand what you mean by that...

eric in Cedar Hill, Texas

58 months ago

do you have to be very good in maths inorder for you to pass the exams

eric in Cedar Hill, Texas

58 months ago

again how can i engage myself to this programm , do i hv to go to school to study to the state a exams.or can i just get the current edition of the book and study for my exams.someone get back to me ok
thanks
eric

myra in Long Beach, California

58 months ago

which book do you recommend for preparing ptcb?

Donnah514 in Mount Laurel, New Jersey

55 months ago

HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION. IM REALLY FUSTRATED PLEASE HELP ME. IT IS RELATED TO BE A PHARMACY..MY GOAL IS TO BE COME A PHARMACY TECHNICIAN.
THE QUESTION ARE: YOUR TYPE OF GOAL, PURPOSE OF GOAL, MAJOR BENEFITS TO ME, BENEFITS TO OTHERS, BARRIERS, SOLUTION, ACTION MILESTONE, OVERALL TARGET DATE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Zonah in Alexandria, Virginia

53 months ago

I passed the exam on Feb. 22, 2010. but I did not receive my score yet? How can I get my certification and my score?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

wednesday7 in Murrieta, California

53 months ago

hi. just wanna ask if you know a pharmact that offer sponsorship/petition to foreign PTCB passers?! thanks!

BIKERTECHGIRL

52 months ago

I TOOK THE PTCB EXAM THIS MORNING AND PASSED!!! I'M SO EXCITED...SOMETHING ELSE TO CHECK OFF OF MY LIST!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

JL in Houston, Texas

52 months ago

BIKERTECHGIRL said: I TOOK THE PTCB EXAM THIS MORNING AND PASSED!!! I'M SO EXCITED...SOMETHING ELSE TO CHECK OFF OF MY LIST!!!

Hi! I wanna take the PTCB exam next week. is there a lot of questions about the drugs? Can you use a calculator mashine on exam or not? What area shoul I prepare the best?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BIKERTECHGIRL

52 months ago

HI JL,

I'M IN HOUSTON ALSO! MY TEST HAD A BIT OF EVERYTHING, PLEASE STUDY CALCULATIONS. I HAD FORMAL TRAINING BUT I ALSO STUDIED USING MOSBY'S REVIEW FOR THE PHARMACY CERTIFICATION EXAMINATION BOOK. A CALCULATOR WILL BE PROVIDED. I MUST SAY THAT I STARTED TO GET NERVOUS ABOUT ALL OF THE PALM SCANNING THEN I DID ABOUT THE TEST. THE INITIAL PROCESS IS NERVE-WRECKING...GOOD LUCK!!!

JL in Houston, Texas

52 months ago

Thanks BIKERTECHGIRL! I am glad I will have a calculator to use! I naver had anything to do with medicine and/or drugs and I start studing for fharmacy tehnician 4 weeks ago. Hope I will pass the test!

BIKERTECHGIRL

52 months ago

JL in Houston, Texas said: Thanks BIKERTECHGIRL! I am glad I will have a calculator to use! I naver had anything to do with medicine and/or drugs and I start studing for fharmacy tehnician 4 weeks ago. Hope I will pass the test!

YOU'RE VERY WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK!!!

JL in Houston, Texas

51 months ago

I tock the exam today, I pass it!!!!!!!!!! I'm happy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

BIKERTECHGIRL

51 months ago

JL in Houston, Texas said: I tock the exam today, I pass it!!!!!!!!!! I'm happy![/QUOT

I'M HAPPY FOR YOU!!! GREAT JOB JL!!! HAVE FUN CELEBRATING!!! : )

JL in Houston, Texas

51 months ago

Thanks BIKERTECHGIRL!I will!

PUMPKIN in San Francisco, California

51 months ago

do u need to enrol in pharm tech program in order for u to take a PTCB?Or u could take the exam without enrolling to school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cpht in Joliet, Illinois

51 months ago

I think its best to take a course for the exam if you do not have any pharmacy experience or even experience in pharmacy school..if you finished a pharmacy course to become a pharmacy technician then it would be a possible to take the exam without a ptcb exam course , because you have learned information from school that will help you on the exam as in advantage also many people self study from books from school or just off the internet...but taking a ptcb course for the exam is a accurate solution, chances are high if you want to pass.

NeNeO3 in Texarkana, Arkansas

51 months ago

I took the exam on June tha 16, but I didnt pass it. Nuthn I had been studying was really on the test. I have tha pharmacy technician third edition book(the green one). Wat book shld I get to study from?

cpht in Plainfield, Illinois

51 months ago

you can visit pharmacy rx by crystal zamudio and click the ptcb link and there will be book recommendations for you also ptcb exam guide and much more for free..good luck

thanks

JL in Houston, Texas

51 months ago

Pharmacy Technician Certification Examen Review, second edition by Patricia K. Anthony. i study from that book. Is not everything in there, a lot af smoll mistakes as well but it helped. I pass the exam. You can find it in barnes and Nobles stores. Good luck!

NeNeO3 in Texarkana, Arkansas

50 months ago

I took tha exam but didnt pass it. When I take it tha second time will it b harder. R will sum of tha same stuff b on tha test???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JL in Houston, Texas

50 months ago

It pass one month already and still couldn't find a job yet. I have no experience... Any advices...?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cpht in Joliet, Illinois

50 months ago

with no experience i think its best if you try doing some free volunteer service in either retail or an hospital setting and if you do your best you just might get hired...

crystal cpht
Pharmacy Rx founder

jod in Racine, Wisconsin

50 months ago

Pharmacy Tech Instructor in Bountiful, Utah said: sorry... all I ment by taking it 100 times is that noone would ever know that you took it that many times the PTCB website says
"
Candidates who fail the PTCB Examination can retake the examination three times. After three retakes, candidates will need to appeal to PTCB and requests will be reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis. For the first two retakes, candidates are required to wait 60 days before taking the examination again. For the third retake, candidates are required to wait 6 months before taking the examination again. "

ok so after the first test you have to wait 60 days until taking to second test? cuz i really need to do it before 2 months! cuz we can take it up til august and 2 months from now is september.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.