How Do You Renew an Expired Pharm Tech License??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (24)

Grace in Elk Grove Village, Illinois

64 months ago

I am an Illinois resident, and I did not renew my pharmacy technician license this year because I could not find a job as a pharm tech, and my friends who are pharm techs said they did not even need one. I just had an interview for a pharm tech position and was told I need to renew my license. Does anyone know how to renew a license that has already expired?? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (368) / No (48) Reply - Report abuse

Grace in Chicago, Illinois

62 months ago

I can't find the answer to my question on the website. I just got a pharmacy technician job and am required to apply for a license, but I don't know if I am allowed to completely reapply for a new license or if I need to somehow renew my old license which is already past the expiration and renewal date.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Jamie in Evergreen Park, Illinois

61 months ago

Hello,

I am in this same situation! I cannot find information anywhere on what to do. Have you figured out a solution to this problem?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jamie in Evergreen Park, Illinois

61 months ago

Grace in Chicago, Illinois said: You can't apply for a new license online. It has to be through the mail. There is an option you can check on the application that states that you have an expired license and are looking to get a new one. That's what I did, but it was literally less than a week ago, so I haven't heard back from them yet. But I'm pretty sure that is the right way. Hope that helps.

Thank you! I will do that this week. I have finally found a tech job, but I need my license! Let me know if it works out for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Did you end up applying for the license yet? I applied over a week ago, and I still haven't heard back from them. My employer said it should take less than a week for them to send a confirmation, so I am getting a little worried.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jamie in Worth, Illinois

61 months ago

I have not applied yet, but I need to resolve this problem quickly. I tried calling the IL department of professional regulation, but I always receive a busy signal. I'm thinking of going to the office in Chicago, and personally speaking with someone about it.

kim, elk grove village, IL in Elk Grove Village, Illinois

61 months ago

Grace in Elk Grove Village, Illinois said: I am an Illinois resident, and I did not renew my pharmacy technician license this year because I could not find a job as a pharm tech, and my friends who are pharm techs said they did not even need one. I just had an interview for a pharm tech position and was told I need to renew my license. Does anyone know how to renew a license that has already expired?? Thanks!

I would think that where you got a job, they would be able to tell you the computer site to go to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Yeah I got it taken care of. I sent it in an application by mail (not online), and they issued me a new one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cathy campbell in Darlington, South Carolina

56 months ago

I need to see about renewing my pharmacy licence.They sent me a paper wanting my hours i had.But i quit working were i was working and i went back to get my folder that had my hours in it and they were gone.I had all my hours.So i didnt renew them because i didnt have the hours to send yall.So i want to know if i can get my license back i really want to get back to work.Please let me know what i have to do to get them back.Thank you cant wait to here from yall.

Jennifer in Peoria, Illinois

54 months ago

Grace in Chicago, Illinois said: Yeah I got it taken care of. I sent it in an application by mail (not online), and they issued me a new one.

How long did you have to wait before you received your new license? I applied for a new one two weeks ago (my old one had expired too) and haven't heard back! I'm starting to get worried that my application is lost in the mail. :-(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Susie in Chicago, Illinois

52 months ago

I am facing this problem too and am wondering how long it will take for the license to come by mail?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gregory in Los Angeles, California

44 months ago

I would like to renewal my license, what do I need to do, When I couldn't fine a job when i got out school, I when back to school after I got layoff, and I needed a job badly but I could not fine the job I when to school for, so after sometime i got a driving job, but I wondering could I get my license back, after all this time as past now,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

theangrytech in Fargo, North Dakota

42 months ago

retest and pay fee required

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jbmcrites in Hesperia, California

42 months ago

hi, my license is about to expire but since i passed it i did not able to get a work, now i check how to renew it's need hours in (CE). I'm confused now where could i get my CE points that Im sure the PTCB will accept it. Do i have to pay all the subjects? Because that's all i saw the site's that the PTCB recommends. There's some free though but Im not sure if its qualified.
Guys please help i don't want to retake the test again or pay so much then I end up not getting a job again until my license expire again.
Thanks for the help guys in advance!!!
God Bless!!!

stargazed in Abingdon, Illinois

42 months ago

jbmcrites in Hesperia, California said: hi, my license is about to expire but since i passed it i did not able to get a work, now i check how to renew it's need hours in (CE). I'm confused now where could i get my CE points that Im sure the PTCB will accept it. Do i have to pay all the subjects? Because that's all i saw the site's that the PTCB recommends. There's some free though but Im not sure if its qualified.
Guys please help i don't want to retake the test again or pay so much then I end up not getting a job again until my license expire again.
Thanks for the help guys in advance!!!
God Bless!!!

powerpak.com it's free and they keep them logged for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jbmcrites in Hesperia, California

42 months ago

Thanks a lot! They have a law there too?

22heather22 in Lexington, North Carolina

40 months ago

I need help. I got my pharmacy tech license and never got a job in it. I worked like a week in hospital and said, it wasn't for me but now id like to do it again. I'm sure my licenses are expired i got them in 2007 so that's three years. I'm not sure what i do, i have lost everything since i moved, so i have no certification number or anything. Anyone know how to obtain a duplicate?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jamie in Lombard, Illinois

39 months ago

Annamma mathai in Des Plaines, Illinois said: I didn't renew my license this year, because I could not find a job. I want to renew my expired license. Does anyone know how to renew expired license??

This happened to me. I wrote a letter to the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation explaining my situation and they renewed my license. I also wrote them a check for the renewal fee. I think that after you work a year, you need to become certified, or enrolled in pharmacy school.

Kailey in Des Plaines, Illinois

31 months ago

I am an Illinois resident and I am about to take my PTCB exam in two days. I am not a hundred percent sure I am going to pass this exam. I currently work at a pharmacy. I am a little worried because my license is literally about to expire the end of the week. So I am not sure if I am going to keep my job or not... Would I lose my job if I am not licensed, nor certified??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

delilah77 in Arcadia, California

30 months ago

Grace in Chicago, Illinois said: I can't find the answer to my question on the website. I just got a pharmacy technician job and am required to apply for a license, but I don't know if I am allowed to completely reapply for a new license or if I need to somehow renew my old license which is already past the expiration and renewal date.[/QUOTE)

Go to the Board of Pharmacy site in your state. I am a California resident. My License has been cancelled for seven years. I am in the process of renewing my license. I had to download a application. I have to go through the whole licensing process again. I have to go to the school and have them fill out the affidavit showing completed internship hours. The affidavit comes with the application. In California they issue you a new license. It may be different in your state. I hope this helps you, good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

carolynn in Chicago, Illinois

27 months ago

Kailey in Des Plaines, Illinois said: I am an Illinois resident and I am about to take my PTCB exam in two days. I am not a hundred percent sure I am going to pass this exam. I currently work at a pharmacy. I am a little worried because my license is literally about to expire the end of the week. So I am not sure if I am going to keep my job or not... Would I lose my job if I am not licensed, nor certified??

yeah you will, unless they keep the position open for you. If you fail, you have to wait 60 days to take it again

Richard in Chicago, Illinois

17 months ago

Jennifer in Peoria, Illinois said: How long did you have to wait before you received your new license? I applied for a new one two weeks ago (my old one had expired too) and haven't heard back! I'm starting to get worried that my application is lost in the mail. :-(

How long did you end up waiting I'm in the same spot as you where and I'm kinda worried?

faye in Streamwood, Illinois

13 months ago

I didn't renew my license just for this year, but I did take the certification exam and passed it. I didn't renew it since I couldn't find a job. Now I'm getting call backs and they need my license to be renewed. Any suggestions how I can renew my license quickly?!?!?! I tried calling the Illinois Department but I was on hold for a really long time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Holly in Leavenworth, Kansas

8 months ago

Can I renew my Pharmacy Technician license if I let them expire? I had a Missouri Pharmacy Technician license in Mo that expired in May 2013 and I now live in Ks and I'm wanting to renew my license and see if I can get them transferred to a Ks Pharmacy Technician License. Can I do that and if so how?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.