RITE-AID

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 114)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Stressedout in Westminster, California

60 months ago

I work at Rite Aid in Ca, I would not recommed them for pharmacy tech, unless you have a union, its hard to get your breaks, and they expect you to do 3-4 jobs at the same time and not make a single mistake. I would try a hospital first, I think the enviornment would be less stressful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

brown_dude34 in Roslindale, Massachusetts

60 months ago

Stressedout in Westminster, California said: I work at Rite Aid in Ca, I would not recommed them for pharmacy tech, unless you have a union, its hard to get your breaks, and they expect you to do 3-4 jobs at the same time and not make a single mistake. I would try a hospital first, I think the enviornment would be less stressful

Thanks for writing this thread for Rite Aid Pharmacy. As a former CVS/Pharmacy technician I can honestly say that it’s very refreshing to read other retail pharmacy technician experiences. I have walked into a local Rite Aid Pharmacy and in my opinion it seemed like a low budget version of CVS/Pharmacy.

However, I have never worked at Rite-Aid and have absolutely no desire to return to the retail pharmacy experience. Your recommendation that aspiring pharmacy technicians should strive towards the hospital pharmacy technician experience vs. the retail/community experience is the best advice I have read so far.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

techinoc in Los Angeles, California

59 months ago

I dont think a tech should even set foot in retail unless its required for their school,as a stepping stone for something bigger and better. We are just not paid enough to take the verbal/mental abuse its just not worth it. Im training for something totally different in the medical field, and when Im done, Im leaving Rite Aid for good, I will miss having the Union to back me on a lot of issues, but I really cant take much more of this. Im at top pay now at Rite Aid but I would even take lower pay for more respect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

broken in Mobile, Alabama

56 months ago

I would not advise anyone to work for any rite-aid, I have been a technician for over 10 years, I have been at rite aid for over 1 year and I was required to take a rite aid tech class in order to become rite aid ceritified only to find out that I would not be getting a raise. The company was very misleading. And when I discussed the matter with the PDM he had the attitude of "who cares, I get applications every day for your position"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

tech in oc in Los Angeles, California

56 months ago

they really don't care about the techs they only care about the script growth and how much money they can make and the pharmacists care about their bonus

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

joelmr1 in North Versailles, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

I just found out out that I too,will not be seeing a raise after taking the Rite Aid tech. course and certification.After readind the conduct code of our company am deeply disappointed in Rite Aid.We even double checked with our PDM to make sure the techs would get a raise. It was an outrite lie.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

boualem in Mc Lean, Virginia

53 months ago

HEYEGGY in JERICHO, New York said: IS RITE AID A GOOD PLACE TO WORK AS A PHARMACY TECH ON LONG ISLAND?

rite aid is the worst company in the USA ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Christine in Olympia, Washington

53 months ago

Rite Aid is the worst company in the world to work for.Ive been with them for 2.5 years now and i'm done with them in a week and i cant wait.I did the tech program through them and they have done nothing but jack me around and delay the whole me taking my test.Ive been working as an A-tech in training for the past 6 months at my store and corp kicked me out last week.im sooooooo mad and of course board of pharmacy says they have done nothing wrong.i would say any pharmacy is better then Rite Aid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Desiree in Hayward, California

53 months ago

Currently the top per hour rate for pharm techs at Rite Aid is $16.35 and a
possibility of a &2.00 more if the contract is approved so its not that bad
at all it just depends on what location you're at.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Desiree in Hayward, California

53 months ago

Currently the top per hour rate for pharm techs at Rite Aid in N. Cali is $16.35
and a possibility of a &2.00 more if the contract is approved so its not that bad
at all it just depends on what location you're at. Although I agree that the Bosses' only cares abt. script growth and sales.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Crazy Bear in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

52 months ago

I am going crazy!!!! I am 39 years old, went to school 4 years ago, became National Certified. I have been relentlessly trying to find a job. Nobody would hire me because of my lack of experience. How can I get a job if nobody would give me a chance? Now, after 3 applications, two interviews, a conversation with Joe Urban(Pharmacy District Manager) who told me National Certification means nothing because "anyone can walk off the street and take the test", which to me was an insult.
Finally, the pharmacist called to offer me a job. Not many hours, but it's a job.
In a nut shell it's was hurry, hurry, hurry. Passed all the necessary tests. From what I understand, from talking to other Store Managers,they do all the hiring, front, and back. Now, I have been told,"I am on the hire list, but I have too wait for the PDM for approval" WHAT'S THE DEAL!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

sanvaz in Merchantville, New Jersey

52 months ago

HEYEGGY in JERICHO, New York said: IS RITE AID A GOOD PLACE TO WORK AS A PHARMACY TECH ON LONG ISLAND?

Rite Aid is horrible!!!! They do not care about any of there employees. They are a corporate organization. I worked for Eckerd then when Rite Aid bought us it was all down hill.After 8 1/2 years i was fired because my husband purchase some items used my employee discount and an item was not scanned and the cashier didnt realize it they used a coupon. I was told they needed to make an example even though everyone even customers called to complain.Ever since I have heard soooo many other horror stories about people being let go for opening and taking a sip of water before paying

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Thank you sooo much for your response. It's almost funny because these people tell you follow up on potential jobs. I was doing just that. Trying to show that I am not some 18 year old kid who is just there for the ride! I am a 40 man who knows what I want. I went to school, studied hard, and have a 4.0 GPA. No lie. I am asking for ten dollars per hour! This morning I was told not to call back, they will call me!! I want some kind of time line! WHAT THE HELL? It's kind of funny because when I finished school, I had it in my brain that I was refused to work for Rite Aid ! I want to do chemotherapy. You need experience. I have to start some where. So, again that for letting me ramble.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Christine in Olympia, Washington

52 months ago

Welcome to Rite Aid BS.lol.I dont mean to sound rude but get use to it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Christine in Olympia, Washington said: Welcome to Rite Aid BS.lol.I dont mean to sound rude but get use to it.

I live in Philadelphia, Pa, I am used to rude! LOL!. I shouldn't say that about my home town. I love it. It's just, there are people who are not nice and ruin it for others. Even the not so nice people will help you anyway they can. We are the City of Brotherly Love!!!
Anyway, thanks for the reply. It helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

sanvaz in Merchantville, New Jersey said: Rite Aid is horrible!!!! They do not care about any of there employees. They are a corporate organization. I worked for Eckerd then when Rite Aid bought us it was all down hill.After 8 1/2 years i was fired because my husband purchase some items used my employee discount and an item was not scanned and the cashier didnt realize it they used a coupon. I was told they needed to make an example even though everyone even customers called to complain.Ever since I have heard soooo many other horror stories about people being let go for opening and taking a sip of water before paying

My Wife is an "Asset Protection Coordinator." And the stories she has told me made me so angry! So a business that fires people for the smallest things does not surprise me at all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

philly girl in Brigantine, New Jersey

49 months ago

Crazy Bear if you didnt already, maybe you should try an apply to excellerx i'm from philly and i been working there for 2 years now making about 12.50 an hour 40 hours a week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EX Rite Aid in Atlanta, Georgia

49 months ago

I hope Rite Aid goes out soon. They deserve to go because of the way they treat their employees. In a bad economy they know they have you by the short hairs and take advantage. As for pharmacists, I have never worked for a company less loyal or more hostile toward their pharmacist. They are over reactionary with unimportant things and under reactionary with the truly important. I can't believe that a company that has more than 1/2 billion dept. is still around. It is all a big juggling act with them and soon all the plates will stop spinning and the whole rotten mess will fall. Maybe they should start answering the phone "Titanic Pharmacy" Going down!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

EX Rite Aid in Atlanta, Georgia

49 months ago

Rite Aid is a bad place to work because everyone from the top down is waiting for the other shoe to drop and they are all under pressure. You can not be 500 million in debt,charge the highest retail prices, cut your service and be expect to survive. Most of the smart people have already swam away from the sinking ship. What is good,is that when they do go out, most people will not even notice,since they have become a non entity already.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tink tech in Los Angeles, California

49 months ago

At this point and time I will take ANY pharmacy tech job. I have been out of school for 2 months, have my national, and am getting real frustrated with finding work.(mind you I have been out of work for a year now) I thought going back to school would make things easier. HA! Now I am starting to think its a joke!
Anyone else having any luck at finding a job? If so, any advice would be great. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

suicidal&homicidal in Modesto, California

49 months ago

My rite aid and i love it. they made me sign a contract to have fun. they hired me and only gave me one hour of training. then when i found another rite aid that would train me and work me, they told me sorry you can't work there. then they stuck me in as a cashier for two year and they discovered i was making too much money they forced me back into pharmacy, with no training, even though i told them i just need some time on the nextgen to get fast. now they stopped scheduling me and have my union is filling a grievence, and a friendly bird at rite aid has told me that when i get back to pharmacy they are planning on writing me up for anything they can so they can fire me. My rite aid and i love it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

unknown 1 in Boston, Massachusetts

49 months ago

maybe guys are the right aid for rite-aid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

itsme in Pittsboro, North Carolina

48 months ago

I used to work for rite aid and let me tell you it is a horrible place to work for, as a pharmacy tech they treat you like crap they give you crappy money and put a ton of pressure on you to perform. Now i work for a Hospital and even though is much better I am looking to go back to school. the most you can ever make as a ph tech is 37k a year right now i make 28k which is pretty crappy money but much better than the 20k that i usead to make at rite aid lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Twinsburg, Ohio

48 months ago

I have worked for Rite Aid for the past 5 years and I am certified..It is a horrible job. I can not even make 9.00 an hour and I am the head tech..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RATEch in Saint Michael, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

philly girl in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: God, I didnt even make that much i was lucky to even make 10K even I was working at rite aid

I agree, I make squat right now, and they are cutting hours Every week...Every week we get a phone call from upstairs telling us how many hours we can use. It sucks, I was working at 35 now I am at 20-26 hours per week, Gotta get a second job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

EX Rite Aid in Atlanta, Georgia said: Rite Aid is a bad place to work because everyone from the top down is waiting for the other shoe to drop and they are all under pressure. You can not be 500 million in debt,charge the highest retail prices, cut your service and be expect to survive. Most of the smart people have already swam away from the sinking ship. What is good,is that when they do go out, most people will not even notice,since they have become a non entity already.

You said it Perfectly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Crazy Bear in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I am going crazy!!!! I am 39 years old, went to school 4 years ago, became National Certified. I have been relentlessly trying to find a job. Nobody would hire me because of my lack of experience. How can I get a job if nobody would give me a chance? Now, after 3 applications, two interviews, a conversation with Joe Urban(Pharmacy District Manager ) who told me National Certification means nothing because "anyone can walk off the street and take the test", which to me was an insult.
Finally, the pharmacist called to offer me a job. Not many hours, but it's a job.
In a nut shell it's was hurry, hurry, hurry. Passed all the necessary tests. From what I understand, from talking to other Store Managers,they do all the hiring , front, and back. Now, I have been told,"I am on the hire list, but I have too wait for the PDM for approval" WHAT'S THE DEAL!!!!!

Sorry to tell you, but Rite Aid employees told me when I started that Rite Aid Does not Recognize National Certification at all. They have their own program to certify, Thats only so they dont have to pay you for your degree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JT Thunderbird in Bronx, New York

48 months ago

If I don't get out of Rite Aid before the year is over,I'm going to quit outright until I find new work. I've struggled for almost a year now trying to get a measly $0.75 raise for completing the certification BS last November. They tried to put me through as many loops as possible just for me to give up. I did not, and last week I received confirmation that my raise was approved and a retro check was also approved from February 1, 2010. Great, right? No! I told you guys I took the test in November, so one would think it would date back to the point of passing the BS exam. Now I have another struggle, but I will take up that issue after I see that initial retro check.

I need to look into the union and see if I can be relocated to a hospital. A female tech I work with apparently got her 2nd job at a hospital through the union, so there is hope of finding a way out. Seems like they'll take anyone at the hospital because that girl is a HORRIBLE technician.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

itsme in Raleigh, North Carolina

48 months ago

JT Thunderbird in Bronx, New York said: If I don't get out of Rite Aid before the year is over,I'm going to quit outright until I find new work. I've struggled for almost a year now trying to get a measly $0.75 raise for completing the certification BS last November. They tried to put me through as many loops as possible just for me to give up. I did not, and last week I received confirmation that my raise was approved and a retro check was also approved from February 1, 2010. Great, right? No! I told you guys I took the test in November, so one would think it would date back to the point of passing the BS exam. Now I have another struggle, but I will take up that issue after I see that initial retro check.

I need to look into the union and see if I can be relocated to a hospital. A female tech I work with apparently got her 2nd job at a hospital through the union, so there is hope of finding a way out. Seems like they'll take anyone at the hospital because that girl is a HORRIBLE technician.

I know exactly what you mean they did the same thing to me it took them a year to give me a raise fir the certification. and they were cuttign hours like crazy right before i left.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

kacey in Du Bois, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

sanvaz in Merchantville, New Jersey said: Rite Aid is horrible!!!! They do not care about any of there employees. They are a corporate organization. I worked for Eckerd then when Rite Aid bought us it was all down hill.After 8 1/2 years i was fired because my husband purchase some items used my employee discount and an item was not scanned and the cashier didnt realize it they used a coupon. I was told they needed to make an example even though everyone even customers called to complain.Ever since I have heard soooo many other horror stories about people being let go for opening and taking a sip of water before paying

I also worked for Eckerd and was bought out by rite aid. I personally think rite aid would like to get rid of the people that worked for Eckerd. All the the people that are running rite aid are about the MONEY, not the people that are helping them make it!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

To add to this MESS. I took the drug test, and was waiting for a call from Quest Diagnostics, to confirm a couple of prescriptions I had been taking for a seizure disorder. One which was a controlled substance. No problem, I understand. But after a week I heard nothing..From Quest, nor Rite Aide. So I sent the District Pharmacy Manager to find out something. He told me in these words "I was not fit for the position." Hmmmmm. what does that mean? I know but I can't prove it, that I was discriminated for having a disability. There is no other explanation! I passed all tests!I KNOW whats in my system. I know the laws. I know how things work. I was told I was on the new hire list. Just waiting for my hours. I even hate to play the discrimination card, but there is no other explanation! I have a clean background. I have never been arrested. I called a lawyer, they would take the case but they wanted $750.(which I don't have. I brought this situation to the school I went to they were OUTRAGED to say the least. They felt the same as I do. What can I do? Anyone have any kind of suggestion? I do not want these people to get away with this! This crap goes on way to much! I am sure I am not the only one this has happened to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

techinoc in Los Angeles, California said: I dont think a tech should even set foot in retail unless its required for their school,as a stepping stone for something bigger and better. We are just not paid enough to take the verbal/mental abuse its just not worth it. Im training for something totally different in the medical field, and when Im done, Im leaving Rite Aid for good, I will miss having the Union to back me on a lot of issues, but I really cant take much more of this. Im at top pay now at Rite Aid but I would even take lower pay for more respect.

I cannot agree with you more!! For Rite Aid to tell me that the National Certification means nothing because anyone can walk off the street and take the Certification test. Does these people realize That the same goes with MCAT! The fact that I studied HARD, as my grades show, hard numerous people in the field who will back me up,became certified, and kept up with my CE's show that I have proved my-self to the point that I truly want and deserve a chance at least.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stacy in North Dartmouth, Massachusetts

47 months ago

I have read all the comments here and it sounds like all the comments I have read about CVS and Walgreens, the grass is not greener at another retail pharmacy. As far as getting directly into a hospital-GOOD LUCK! Everyone, (well most) of the techs I know would love to work in a hospital. Work hard, be on time, smile and don't complain (out loud) you're going to need a great reference from your current employer to get a better job! Just think of it as a stepping stone, and remember how hard it was go get your foot in the door to start your new career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tigerkr1 in Upper Sandusky, Ohio

44 months ago

I just spent 2 years in college, graduated with my Pharmacy Tech training. Then went in June of and took my boards, passed them. I got hired in at Rite Aid as a Pharmacy Technician. Yet starting pay is $9.25 per hour. They say that after I pass their training for certification that it will go up to $10.00. It doesn't make sense that I pass the State Certification which is now required in Ohio. Yet, it's not good enough? All this money spent on college for what? A measly $9.25 per hour!! And now I ask about breaks, and I am told there are none!!! But the rest of the store is allowed to get breaks? Just not the pharmacy technicians? Anyone else experienced anything like this? I have a medical condition and physically I don't know if I will be able to stand for 8 hours straight without a break. And I am told that if I want to eat, then bring the food and eat while working? And I still don't know about the benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

disapointment in Riverdale, Georgia

44 months ago

thank you guys for your critigue.I was actually thinking of applying for a job with Rite Aid as a Tech but from what I have heard,no need.My desire is to get in the hospital.Iam certified and have applied any where I can except Rite Aid.Can any body tell me how to get into the Hospital.Please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Okay so now I've been working at Rite Aid for a month. And I was hired to take this one girl's place who was supposed to be moving to Texas. Well now the girl decided not to move. But she is part-time now as I was hired take her place. But when she works the same hours as me, she makes my life a living hell. Last nite, she gets behind me when I am looking for prescriptions for a customer and she just keeps pushing me. Then she starts burping as loud as she can. Now you tell me is this Professional?? Anything that goes wrong she is blaming me for. And it's okay for her to get on the phone and call her friends. I was told by one of the other techs that she is trying to get me to quit so she can have her hours back. This is just a little of what she is doing to me. I call this workplace harassment. Who could I report this too? And I forgot she is best friends with the manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TECH@AID in Bellingham, Washington

44 months ago

Rite aid HR is a joke. You could call them and get her in trouble but you are the new hire and will most likley get shipped to another store anyway or they will cut your hours until its not worth going to work at all. Try talking to the frunt end manager to see if you can bypass your manager who she is friends with. They might be mad but you wount have to deal with your co-worker acting like a child. Up to you, I would say start looking for another store within or out of rite aid, if you transfer you dont have to do your training or CBTs all over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Well I got good news. I didn't say anything about what was happening with the other girl. But the other pharmacist and two other girl's did. She was in the process of being written up for it, and then she quit. So in a way that made me feel good that the others said something about it.

former Rite Aid Tech in Valdosta, Georgia

44 months ago

I wouldn't recommend Rite Aid for anything. It is a second class Drug Store. They don't have money for anything, repairs in the buildings, the floor was falling in and they didn't do anything about it. The pharmacist sit on their butts and text and talk on their cell phones all day. They don't care if the other help comes in or not. The Human Resources protects the employees that don't show up for work for days at the time. They don't care if they are all late, or don't call in . As far as the the Dm and Pdm they don't know what is going on. They will hire anything, even incompetent techs that can't spell or can't do simple math computations!!! It's pathetic.

44 months ago

Since I've been working for Rite Aid I have learned alot of their antics. I wasn't told about having to work 12 days straight before getting 2 days off. And when I do get the 2 days off I don't really have time for much because I am getting caught up on sleep. Today at work I found out that some Union people were outside the store putting papers on all the cars. I said something about it and the assistant store manager said that they went out and pulled all the papers off the cars. I said something about wanting to see what was put on my car and you would have thought I had committed a crime. To be quite honest if I was told about having to work 12 days straight with no breaks, I wouldn't have started at Rite Aid. I have no life and I am lucky if I get to see my husband 12 hours a week!!

former Rite Aid Tech in Nashville, Georgia

44 months ago

I hope they are paying you overtime. I've never heard of that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Montclair, California

43 months ago

Crazy Bear in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I am going crazy!!!! I am 39 years old, went to school 4 years ago, became National Certified. I have been relentlessly trying to find a job. Nobody would hire me because of my lack of experience. How can I get a job if nobody would give me a chance? Now, after 3 applications, two interviews, a conversation with Joe Urban(Pharmacy District Manager) who told me National Certification means nothing because "anyone can walk off the street and take the test", which to me was an insult.
In a nut shell it's was hurry, hurry, hurry. Passed all the necessary tests. From what I understand, from talking to other Store Managers,they do all the hiring, front, and back. Now, I have been told,"I am on the hire list, but I have too wait for the PDM for approval" WHAT'S THE DEAL!!!!!

Don't feel bad I graduated last year with a BS in Business Administration, emphasis in Accounting and Minor in Economics from Cal State Los Angeles, Crappy $9 an hour jobs wouldn't even hire me. I was either over qualified or lacking experiance. After 9 months I finally landed a job (32k). Its not what I was expecting while in college ($45-50k) but in this economy I'm happy just to have a job. Just be patient and hang in there!

lalala in West Covina, California

43 months ago

Brian in Montclair, California said: Don't feel bad I graduated last year with a BS in Business Administration, emphasis in Accounting and Minor in Economics from Cal State Los Angeles, Crappy $9 an hour jobs wouldn't even hire me. I was either over qualified or lacking experiance. After 9 months I finally landed a job (32k). Its not what I was expecting while in college ($45-50k) but in this economy I'm happy just to have a job. Just be patient and hang in there!

dude you gotta be in the sciences for 45-50k starting salary. the average business-related major gets only 30-40k. engineering gets you 60k =]

lalala in West Covina, California

43 months ago

Brian in Montclair, California said: Don't feel bad I graduated last year with a BS in Business Administration, emphasis in Accounting and Minor in Economics from Cal State Los Angeles, Crappy $9 an hour jobs wouldn't even hire me. I was either over qualified or lacking experiance. After 9 months I finally landed a job (32k). Its not what I was expecting while in college ($45-50k) but in this economy I'm happy just to have a job. Just be patient and hang in there!

ps, i think you're making him feel worse talking about a 32k job while he's having trouble landing a 20k job =/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

no your not making me feel worse. I don't think that's possible.:) Anyway thank you for your input and good luck to you. peace

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Los Angeles, California

43 months ago

lalala in West Covina, California said: ps, i think you're making him feel worse talking about a 32k job while he's having trouble landing a 20k job =/

u don't have to be in the sciences to make that much, it's all about timing and who u know, I have one brother, history major from same school making 41k as a 1st year teacher, another brother same school making 55k with target with a criminal justice major. I think it has to do with the economy and the crappy president we have!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Veronica in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

43 months ago

Stressedout in Westminster, California said: I work at Rite Aid in Ca, I would not recommed them for pharmacy tech, unless you have a union, its hard to get your breaks, and they expect you to do 3-4 jobs at the same time and not make a single mistake. I would try a hospital first, I think the enviornment would be less stressful

Haha a hospital!!! I have worked in a hospital for almost ten years, and it's not better there. It really depends on which retail or hospital you are working at. And also who is your boss, the company doesn't matter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

techinoc in Los Angeles, California said: I dont think a tech should even set foot in retail unless its required for their school,as a stepping stone for something bigger and better. We are just not paid enough to take the verbal/mental abuse its just not worth it. Im training for something totally different in the medical field, and when Im done, Im leaving Rite Aid for good, I will miss having the Union to back me on a lot of issues, but I really cant take much more of this. Im at top pay now at Rite Aid but I would even take lower pay for more respect.

Are you serious? You will always get people complaining no matter where you work at. I get tired of seeing people bitching that they don't get paid that much to deal with the public. Are you that stuck up?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Crazy Bear in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I live in Philadelphia, Pa, I am used to rude! LOL!. I shouldn't say that about my home town. I love it. It's just, there are people who are not nice and ruin it for others. Even the not so nice people will help you anyway they can. We are the City of Brotherly Love!!!
Anyway, thanks for the reply. It helps.

I live in Pittsburgh, and it's the same here. No matter if you work in a hospital or retail you will deal with your fair share of rude people. Some people can just handle it better. I really don't believe no company is better than another. ALL compannies have their problems, that's how they make money. If one does't like it, look for another job. Your comment makes a lot of sense.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Stacy in North Dartmouth, Massachusetts said: I have read all the comments here and it sounds like all the comments I have read about CVS and Walgreens, the grass is not greener at another retail pharmacy. As far as getting directly into a hospital-GOOD LUCK! Everyone, (well most) of the techs I know would love to work in a hospital. Work hard, be on time, smile and don't complain (out loud) you're going to need a great reference from your current employer to get a better job! Just think of it as a stepping stone, and remember how hard it was go get your foot in the door to start your new career.

Thank you! One person who makes sense. Grass is never greener, and working in a hospital isn't a luxury. I have been in one for almost ten years. I don't mind my job, I work in a lab. I have been looking for a Pharm Tech job for a few years within the hospital I am at. It's impossible to work as a pharmacist at a hospital UNLESS you are already in a Pharmacy School or certified. I really don't care where I work as a pharm tech at, I just need some experience right now. So, just as an FYI -- Hospitals are not any better. Anywhere you work at has it's goods and bads. If you can't deal with the public, then maybe not even go into the Pharmacy Field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.