HOSPITAL JOBS FOR PHARMACY TECHNICIANS . why it's so difficult to get ??????

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

malick mboumoh in Miami, Florida

15 months ago

My friends I was questioning myself how the hiring process in the hospital works? Why it's hard for technicians to find a job in the hospitals ? I am a certified and registered technician. I applied at several hospitals unsuccessfully. I mean not even a interview. I going to school to become pharmacist and I am committed to this field. Still don't get the fact of less opportunities. so today ,I have applied at Baptist Hospital here in Miami several times I have never heard of them only when they send me the email saying the position have been filled . BUT today I received an email saying that my application is under screening process. I would like to know how long the screening process takes? It is that a good sign? PLEASE LET ME KNOW . :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Barbara in Virginia in Winchester, Virginia

15 months ago

No disrespect meant here, but please, first, polish up your English. The work world is competitive enough without an employer worrying about whether or not any miscommunications will occur in as important a field as this. Why I dropped out of the running to be a tech: the class I took had a very honest professor. He also was the head PharmD at our local (huge) hospital complex, consisting of six sister hospitals on the east coast. He wasn't even sure his job would be there before long. (He also does the hiring at our hospital). The reason: our hospital installed automatic prescription machines to fill prescriptions. The only humans needed would be to keep the machines filled. Also, compounds are being increasingly created before arriving at dispensing pharmacies, therefore, no human is needed to do that job. NoBe cautious about so called colleges and universities that advertise on tv, radio, internet, etc. They know the facts, yet their job is to get students. The students pay for their education whether or not there is a true market for that specialty. The college/univ/website doesn't want to lose the money they've invested in gearing up to teach: they've hired teachers, made lesson plans, ordered books, installed labs, computers, and can't afford to just throw all that away. I've been monitoring all these on-line questions and discussions for at least two years. I decided over a year ago to hang this up. Due to the complexity of the increasing amount of drugs and info about each of them, the complex math, the heavy load which certain retailers and pharmacists place upon techs, the lack of certainty about future positions and wages, and I just couldn't see myself stepping into this any deeper. I am not trying to discourage anyone out here. Some have a calling to do this, some have a heart that's telling them how to decide, and some don't have to depend on the limited hours/wages/benefits being offered by some places. To you, I say "Go for it and God bless you."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

malick mboumoh in Miami, Florida

15 months ago

Hello Barbara I really appreciate you posting here. As far as English I am still working on it and anyone does even writers and teachers. English became my second language 3 years so I am still improving and I think I am getting there.
You saying you decided to leave the pharmacy just because of this """"""'Due to the complexity of the increasing amount of drugs and info about each of them, the complex math, the heavy load which certain retailers and pharmacists place upon techs, the lack of certainty about future positions and wages, and I just couldn't see myself stepping into this any deeper. I am not trying to discourage anyone out here. Some have a calling to do this, some have a heart that's telling them how to decide, and some don't have to depend on the limited hours/wages/benefits being offered by some places"""""
Come on how are we going to change these matters if every single person leaves the job because of the circumstances? You mentioned "lack of certainty in the field" which I totally disagree. pharmacy is one of growing field in this country. of course they will continue making drugs to prone the better health . Another thing your teacher didn't tell you he cant run the entire pharmacy himself coz machines can not get the job done at 100%.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.