Phlebotomy schools in San Luis Obispo, CA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

72 months ago

Guide

I am in the dark when it comes to schools in other states but I have asked on this site several times if it is harder or easier to land a phlebotomy job in a state such as California (nobody has ever directly answered me). I had a theory that maybe it was easier since there aren't going to be those filling these jobs only based on knowing the right people. I feel it is difficult for others in the states where it isn't mandatory to be trained and certified because they are competing with those that were able to "get in first",COMPLETELY UNTRAINED,all because they had a relative in the lab they applied at,or are extremely attractive,or were just in the right place at the right time and got the weekend training. This goes on a lot more than you think. But some recent posts on another thread from several in California tell me it can be just as difficult. I feel the problem should be traced back to the directors of phlebotomy programs,who have got to start helping their graduates more once they are done with the schooling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lost for Words in San Luis Obispo, California

51 months ago

LC in Cleveland, Ohio said: I am in the dark when it comes to schools in other states but I have asked on this site several times if it is harder or easier to land a phlebotomy job in a state such as California (nobody has ever directly answered me). I had a theory that maybe it was easier since there aren't going to be those filling these jobs only based on knowing the right people. I feel it is difficult for others in the states where it isn't mandatory to be trained and certified because they are competing with those that were able to "get in first",COMPLETELY UNTRAINED,all because they had a relative in the lab they applied at,or are extremely attractive,or were just in the right place at the right time and got the weekend training. This goes on a lot more than you think. But some recent posts on another thread from several in California tell me it can be just as difficult. I feel the problem should be traced back to the directors of phlebotomy programs,who have got to start helping their graduates more once they are done with the schooling.

I live in san Luis Obispo county, and I went to clinical Training Institute, in Santa Maria. i did my clinicals for French hospital. i passed my state test & got certified & finally got my licences in Dec.2009. I have not had any luck getting a job. Everywhere reqires you to have at least 6 months to a year prior expierence. well how am I supposed to get a job somewhere? I think you are right that it requires you know someone. im extreamly frustrated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

workingknowOMG in Oxnard, California

50 months ago

Lost for Words in San Luis Obispo, California said: I live in san Luis Obispo county, and I went to clinical Training Institute, in Santa Maria. i did my clinicals for French hospital. i passed my state test & got certified & finally got my licences in Dec.2009. I have not had any luck getting a job. Everywhere reqires you to have at least 6 months to a year prior expierence. well how am I supposed to get a job somewhere? I think you are right that it requires you know someone. im extreamly frustrated.

I also recived my training from CTI in Ventura County they told me to apply at Quest online. First set up a dummy account to make sure you pass the appliction process which is pretty long online. You have to go in phases, if you dont pass a phase it will kick you out. Once you passed with a dummy account, then set you your real account 4 persons in my class did the same thing and were hired at quest. Get you experience for 6 to 9 months then move on. Quest is good for me because of the hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Athomas@sloymca in San Luis Obispo, California

29 months ago

Lost for Words in San Luis Obispo, California said: I live in san Luis Obispo county, and I went to clinical Training Institute, in Santa Maria. i did my clinicals for French hospital. i passed my state test & got certified & finally got my licences in Dec.2009. I have not had any luck getting a job. Everywhere reqires you to have at least 6 months to a year prior expierence. well how am I supposed to get a job somewhere? I think you are right that it requires you know someone. im extreamly frustrated.

Hi my name is Ahlee Thomas I work at the YMCA in San Luis Obispo. I am putting together a Fitness Challenge for January 2012 and we are looking for organizations or individuals that would be willing to volunteer their time and support for promoting life long healthy habits in our community. My question is would you be willing to come out to our site and take our Challengers blood? We have a doctor from Santa Maria that is gong to be reading the results as well as taking blood pressure and heart rate for out Challengers. Please let me know. Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,

Ahlee Thomas
athomas@sloymca.org

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mickie007 in Atascadero, California

28 months ago

i was reading the forum here. I have not yet gone to school, but already bummed:( How do you get a job with no experience if no one hires you? I was a phlebotomist 17 years ago for about 4 years..then went onto other things. I have recently had to retire from my present employment due to an injury so thinking about going back to school and getting certified again..a lot more to it now! than there was back then thats for sure!!!! Just wondering if my past experience would count as the 6 months to a year experience needed or would it need to be more current. I feel that it will be like riding a bike as far as the draws...not sure about the rest though..I too was looking at CTI in Santa Maria.

28 months ago

also, what is Quest?

28 months ago

and one more question..sorry.. is there a national liscense that you can get so if you move out of state it can follow you? Or do you have to go thru classes all over again?

28 months ago

will this go with me out of state?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.