PA-C or Master Program

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 86)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

AMB in Santa Monica, California

65 months ago

What is the difference between a PA-C program (like the one at Stanford Medical School, where a Bachelor's is not required for entry to the program) and a masters entry program like USC's Keck School? Is there a difference in licensure and/or salary that can be made after graduation?

I have a BA and have been working for 7 years and would like to go to Stanford's program. Is that not going to be as "good" for my career as a straight-to-master's program?

Thanks!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

LesH in Kerman, California

64 months ago

In the state of California there is no difference in lincensure between the graduates of Masters and non Masters programs. Half of the programs in California are non Masters.

To get a license in Cali you must be a graduate of an ARC-PA accredited program and a PA program approved by the California Physician Assistant Committee and must have passed your intital NCCPA PANCE examination.

Current practice in California is good for Certificate AS, BS and MS trained PAs. Depending upon where you are in the state will determine job opportunities, and salary to some degree. If you work for the Feds or organizations that have salary scales based on degrees you may see some difference in pay.

But for the most part Certificate PAs make as much as the MSPAs. The Docs that hire are mainly interested in you being certified, licensed, no malpractice or disciplinary actions against you and when can you start seeing a ton of patients...lol

Good luck in your future PA endeavors
LesH

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

HbPA in Chico, California

64 months ago

Stanford does offer a Master's Degree upon completion of their PA program - you have to enter with a Bachelors, and take 3 extra online courses. It adds 3k to the program, and your MS degree will be from St Frances Univ., but your PA cert will be from Stanford.
There is talk that in 5-10 years PAs will all be required to graduate with their MS, but existing PAs will be grandfathered in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

AMB in Santa Monica, California

64 months ago

Thanks HbPA and LesH!

That sounds like a no-brainer. Thank you for the information. I'm finding it difficult to get the programs to give me straight answers on these types of questions so I appreciate your help.

You're in Chico? I'm moving there in 2 weeks to get my prerequisites done. Do either of you specialize? Most I have met are family practice but I may still want to specialize, although I don't feel like I can decide until I enter a program and see how I feel about the rotations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

LesH in Visalia, California

63 months ago

I don't see patients anymore. I did FP, Ortho and Occ med.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

amit in Hyderabad, India

63 months ago

hi my name is amit.. am a paramedic..i am interested in master in PA program in Canada.

could any one please tell me how are the job opportunities for PA in canada??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

breathless in Moncton, New Brunswick

63 months ago

amit in Hyderabad, India said: hi my name is amit.. am a paramedic..i am interested in master in PA program in Canada.

could any one please tell me how are the job opportunities for PA in canada??

PA's are used in just ontario in a pilot project and in Manitoba. However, many other provinces are looking into getting PA's within the next year or two

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

amit in Hyderabad, India

63 months ago

hi breathless,

thanks for your reply. are u a PA?? can you tell me whether the manitoba PA program is pilot project or a proper masters program??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LesH in Los Angeles, California

62 months ago

I found PA education and health workforce policy more interesting and less stressful. I do admit once in a while I will help a friend out with his practice seeing patients, but it is rare (once or twice a year).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

PT in Riverside, California

60 months ago

Hello
I'm a PT interested in becoming a PA... I'm looking RCC (a JC) for the certification program, that cost only about $3000 for the whole program and Loma Linda University, which is a masters program, which is about $70,000 for the whole program. I know it seems like a no brainer, but I'm not so comfortable with becoming a PA from a jc... just sounds weird to me.

So there really is no difference with certification and masters once you're out in the field? it's just a title huh? i hear that some states are trying to pull that PA's will be required to have a MA soon.

The way i see it, this my education and for the sake of the patients that is on the line here. Do i pay less for less education, or pay more for for the title, more education?

ahhhhhhh help~!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LesH in Los Angeles, California

60 months ago

PT in Riverside, California said: Hello
I'm a PT interested in becoming a PA... I'm looking RCC (a JC) for the certification program, that cost only about $3000 for the whole program and Loma Linda University, which is a masters program, which is about $70,000 for the whole program. I know it seems like a no brainer, but I'm not so comfortable with becoming a PA from a jc... just sounds weird to me.

So there really is no difference with certification and masters once you're out in the field? it's just a title huh? i hear that some states are trying to pull that PA's will be required to have a MA soon.

The way i see it, this my education and for the sake of the patients that is on the line here. Do i pay less for less education, or pay more for for the title, more education?

ahhhhhhh help~!

California is not one of those states seeking to link a PA license to a degree. If you wish to practice in Cali, RCC and LLU are both good programs that produce excellent providers that have little difficulty passing the PANCE or gaining employment. I must admit I am more familiar with RCC than LLU's program, so I'll address the RCC program.

RCC may be harder to gain admissions due to their selection process. Both programs have excellent clinical training facilities. RCC tends to have more hospital based training than other PA programs in the state IMHO. Both
programs have great faculty and strong leadership. If the MS is what you want. RCC is affiliated with St. Frances to offer a Masters in Medical Science for qualified candidates. I think folks may be able to qualify for additional FA at the graduate level through SFU.

The choice is yours of course, and it is a hard call without doing your research on the pros and cons of each program. I will say without hesitation or reservation that should you be admitted to either program you will recieve a top notch PA education.

Good luck in your future PA endeavors
Les

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

VB101 in Rosendale, New York

59 months ago

I am interested in a PA program in NY-I already have a BA(in psychology)but would like to know if I should only be looking only for schools that offer Masters programs, or if I should consider non-masters programs. What NY programs offer Masters degrees and which ones are non-masters programs. Is there a significant tuition difference between the two? Also is the time it takes to complete a masters versus a masters program significantly different? I also have been having a hard time finding schools that are nearby. It looks looks like the one closest to me is in Albany, which is over an hour away. Any suggestions would be helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sweeteyez in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

59 months ago

I plan on going to school to be a medical technologist will this be beneficial to my chances at getting into physician assistant school? My GPA is below 3.0 because i was sick my second year of school which brought my grades down. Do you think i will be able to get in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Beila in Santa Monica, California

58 months ago

sweeteyez in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: I plan on going to school to be a medical technologist will this be beneficial to my chances at getting into physician assistant school? My GPA is below 3.0 because i was sick my second year of school which brought my grades down. Do you think i will be able to get in?

there are some schools that have GPA requirements below 3.0. A book with all of this information, like "An Applicant's Guide to Physician Assistant School" by Erin Sherer.

Any paid direct patient care will be beneficial to helping you get into PA school, whether the school requires it or not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fofo786 in State College, Pennsylvania

58 months ago

AMB in Santa Monica, California said: What is the difference between a PA-C program (like the one at Stanford Medical School, where a Bachelor's is not required for entry to the program) and a masters entry program like USC's Keck School? Is there a difference in licensure and/or salary that can be made after graduation?

I have a BA and have been working for 7 years and would like to go to Stanford's program. Is that not going to be as "good" for my career as a straight-to-master's program?

Thanks!!!

---where have you worked? it depends on if its been health care related....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

classc225 in Perris, California

57 months ago

Hello. I am in the process of interviewing for Loma Linda and Western University. Loma Linda has a competency exam on High School math. Can someone please tell me what I should study specifically for this exam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Raed in San Diego, California

57 months ago

classc225 in Perris, California said: Hello. I am in the process of interviewing for Loma Linda and Western University. Loma Linda has a competency exam on High School math. Can someone please tell me what I should study specifically for this exam?

hi im in the process of interview at loma linda university in february, this is my email raedd@hotmail.com
email me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Soquel, California

56 months ago

Hi there, just found this thread. Was wondering if anyone knows if phlebotomy counts as the patient experience needed? I just finished getting my certification, and will finish my BA in the spring. Before I try to get hours in phlebotomy, I need to know if it's worth it. I've called Stanford and they won't call me back! Someone help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Classc225@aol.com

56 months ago

Amanda in Soquel, California said: Hi there, just found this thread. Was wondering if anyone knows if phlebotomy counts as the patient experience needed? I just finished getting my certification, and will finish my BA in the spring. Before I try to get hours in phlebotomy, I need to know if it's worth it. I've called Stanford and they won't call me back! Someone help!

hello:

With some schools yes I would count as patient contact. I perform phlebotomy as well as clinical lab technician work and schools counted it. I recieved four interviews. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LesH in Los Angeles, California

56 months ago

In the four Cali PA programs I have worked (USC, RCC, DREW and SJVC) this has been considered HCE experience in the past. You will have to contact each of these programs since I have been away from the first three about 10 years. I think it might also work for Western. I don't know about Stanford, I do know folks accepted and graduated from UCD with that type of HCE.

Good luck inyour future PA endeavors.
Les Howard

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Doshea in Concord, California

56 months ago

Was wondering if anyone is aware of stats from Stanford's PA Cert. Program re number of applicants: number accepted? Just found out that Samuel Merritt received 1100 applicants for 35 spots last year. Whoa. This field is indeed growing. Also wondering if Stanford's focus on primary care PAs for underserved/ rural community medicine, makes it rough to get employed outside that demographic?

Thanks for any info on this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bufordht in Milford, Indiana

56 months ago

Hello, I'd like to pick some brains as well. I am just started taking classes and should have my ASN in about 2 years. my plan is to get my BSN online (mostly) from U of New Mexico (or another) while I work as an RN and then enter their PA program. does this sound like a wise plan, is there a better way to become a PA? does anyone know anything about the UNM PA program? I'm just looking for advice in general. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kaiser employee in Lakewood, California

55 months ago

LesH in Los Angeles, California said: California is not one of those states seeking to link a PA license to a degree. If you wish to practice in Cali, RCC and LLU are both good programs that produce excellent providers that have little difficulty passing the PANCE or gaining employment. I must admit I am more familiar with RCC than LLU's program, so I'll address the RCC program.

RCC may be harder to gain admissions due to their selection process. Both programs have excellent clinical training facilities. RCC tends to have more hospital based training than other PA programs in the state IMHO. Both
programs have great faculty and strong leadership. If the MS is what you want. RCC is affiliated with St. Frances to offer a Masters in Medical Science for qualified candidates. I think folks may be able to qualify for additional FA at the graduate level through SFU.

The choice is yours of course, and it is a hard call without doing your research on the pros and cons of each program. I will say without hesitation or reservation that should you be admitted to either program you will recieve a top notch PA education.

Good luck in your future PA endeavors
Les

If someone doesnt have a bachelors, and they graduate from the PA program with the ASdegree as there only degree ever. can they go straight for there masters thru this program you mentioned about saint francis?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LesH in North Hollywood, California

55 months ago

Unfortunately no. You need a BS in something to make it work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

fannie in Torrance, California

55 months ago

LesH in Los Angeles, California said: California is not one of those states seeking to link a PA license to a degree. If you wish to practice in Cali, RCC and LLU are both good programs that produce excellent providers that have little difficulty passing the PANCE or gaining employment. I must admit I am more familiar with RCC than LLU's program, so I'll address the RCC program.

RCC may be harder to gain admissions due to their selection process. Both programs have excellent clinical training facilities. RCC tends to have more hospital based training than other PA programs in the state IMHO. Both
programs have great faculty and strong leadership. If the MS is what you want. RCC is affiliated with St. Frances to offer a Masters in Medical Science for qualified candidates. I think folks may be able to qualify for additional FA at the graduate level through SFU.

The choice is yours of course, and it is a hard call without doing your research on the pros and cons of each program. I will say without hesitation or reservation that should you be admitted to either program you will recieve a top notch PA education.

Good luck in your future PA endeavors
Les

Hi Les,
can you tell me more about the RCC selection process? what are they looking?

thanks.
Fannie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LesH in North Hollywood, California

55 months ago

fannie in Torrance, California said: Hi Les,
can you tell me more about the RCC selection process? what are they looking?

thanks.
Fannie

What's on their WEB site, being a resident of the Riverside Community College District.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

fannie in Torrance, California

55 months ago

LesH in North Hollywood, California said: What's on their WEB site, being a resident of the Riverside Community College District.

LesH,

what is the chance of getting into the program if someone is not a resident of the riverside community college district? it is possible?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LesH in Los Angeles, California

55 months ago

You would have to ask them. I think applications from outside the RCC community college district have a lower priority.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

2ndchance in Atlanta, Georgia

55 months ago

LesH in North Hollywood, California said: Unfortunately no. You need a BS in something to make it work.

I need some advice please. I am planning to attend school this summer to receive my BS. However, I have a choice to receive my BS in Exercise and Health Science or Pre-Physician Assistant. The course for the Health Science looks very very easy I will probably receive a 4.0 GPA easily. However, the courses for the Pre-PA looks very intense, a lot of math and science (cals, chem, bio. ). Its been 14 years since I have picked up a textbook, so I think the Pre-PA might be very hard for me right now. I noticed on a previous blog, a recommendation was to receive a BS in a general Health Science major.

The Pre-PA will help me for the Masters program, and it probably will be a easy ride for me receivig my Masters, but I am afraid if I enrolled for the Pre-PA, I might received a low GPA, and this will lessen my chances to be interviewed or even looked at by the school.

I need some advice. I have orientation for the Pre-PA program on this Monday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

classc225 in Murrieta, California

55 months ago

Hello:

I would do the Health Science or Exercise major then to keep your gpa high and then take the pre-reqs for the PA program which are more likely to be: Anat&Phys, Micro, Biology, Inorganic Chem, Statistics, Algebra&Trig, your generals like Psych, English, sociology/anthropology. Take cell bio and biochem to prove you can handle a higher level course. Look at schools you want to attend and read their requirements. Stick with what is easier for you along with the pre-reqs for the PA program or incorporate them into your major. I got an interview at all the schools I applied to, but only landed on one alternate list. Im now going for my MPH. Good Luck!!
Michele West-Lax
MPH Graduate Student

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

2ndchance in Atlanta, Georgia

55 months ago

Thanks so much for your advice. I know with the Health Science (BS)I can easily get a 4.0 GPA. As a Licensed Massage Therapist for 20 years, I am well familar with the body. I just found out the Pre-PA program is only an Associate Degree not a BS. I was not aware of an Associate Degree in PA. The school website says we can apply for our Masters at another school. I don't know is that is true. I quess I will find out more on Monday.

What is a MPH?.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Classc225@aol.com

55 months ago

Ok. Your welcome. Personally, I would apply for a masters degree level pa program. An MPH degree stands for Masters of Public Health. It is really benefitcial to obtain this degree it studies the epidemiology statistics and political implementation of laws regarding disease. It would help with your practice as a PA. I'm doing it through Walden University. Good Luck with your studies!!
Michele West-Lax
MPH Graduate Student

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shopper in Anaheim, California

55 months ago

Classc225@aol.com said: Ok. Your welcome. Personally, I would apply for a masters degree level pa program. An MPH degree stands for Masters of Public Health. It is really benefitcial to obtain this degree it studies the epidemiology statistics and political implementation of laws regarding disease. It would help with your practice as a PA. I'm doing it through Walden University. Good Luck with your studies!!
Michele West-Lax
MPH Graduate Student

Hello,
When doing your masters in public health , can you work at the same time or is it like the PA programs where it is full-time?
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Classc225@aol.com in Los Angeles, California

55 months ago

Yes you can work. I work part time as a lab scientist at naval camp penelton clinic. I am doing my Masters Degree online through Walden University. It's alot of reading and writing. It's mostly self study and analyzations and conclusions. So if you can do it, do it. I recommend it. It broadens your job oportunities as well as understanding of the whole scope of the health field. Email me if you like. Classc225@aol.com

Michele West-Lax
MPH Graduate Student

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Christina in Sacramento, California

54 months ago

LesH in Los Angeles, California said: California is not one of those states seeking to link a PA license to a degree. If you wish to practice in Cali, RCC and LLU are both good programs that produce excellent providers that have little difficulty passing the PANCE or gaining employment. I must admit I am more familiar with RCC than LLU's program , so I'll address the RCC program .

RCC may be harder to gain admissions due to their selection process. Both programs have excellent clinical training facilities. RCC tends to have more hospital based training than other PA programs in the state IMHO. Both
programs have great faculty and strong leadership. If the MS is what you want. RCC is affiliated with St. Frances to offer a Masters in Medical Science for qualified candidates. I think folks may be able to qualify for additional FA at the graduate level through SFU.

The choice is yours of course, and it is a hard call without doing your research on the pros and cons of each program . I will say without hesitation or reservation that should you be admitted to either program you will recieve a top notch PA education.

Good luck in your future PA endeavors
Les

I am so glad that someone asked that question about RCC. I took one look at the tuition cost for RCC and nearly fainted! I've had my heart set on Stanford or UCD for so long but, now I'm not so sure. You mentioned that the selection process @ RCC? What makes RCC's selection process different?

christina.douglass@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LesH

54 months ago

Christina in Sacramento, California said: I am so glad that someone asked that question about RCC. I took one look at the tuition cost for RCC and nearly fainted! I've had my heart set on Stanford or UCD for so long but, now I'm not so sure. You mentioned that the selection process @ RCC? What makes RCC's selection process different?

christina.douglass@yahoo.com

Once you contact them and they explain their priorities for admissions you will see what I mean. I think they still don't interview and the application screening is much more intense at both the program and institutional level.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Christina in Sacramento, California

54 months ago

Thank for replying to my question. i did not expect to recv an answer so soon :) I'll get in contact with RCC's admission offc Monday.

-Christina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

LesH

54 months ago

Christina you also might want to check out this forum on PAs www.physicianassistantforum.com. They have a section devoted to PA schools. You can gain other insight there as well.
LesH

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dab in Santa Barbara, California

50 months ago

Hey,
So I wanted to be an MD ever since I can remember and recently (thankfully) answered the call of "having a life" when I can still live, so I'm switching to a PA. I was hoping to go to OHSU for the MSPA program than return to CA for work. Does anyone know if that's possible? Does my state certification depend on where I graduated from?

Please help, THANKS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LesH in Visalia, California

50 months ago

Yes that is possible. Just make sure that the school is approved by the Physician Assistant Committee of the Medical Board of California and you should be good to go. In California there is no "state certification", you are licensed after graduating from an ARC-PA accredited and PAC approved program and passing the PANCE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Samina in Milpitas, California

50 months ago

Hey LESH,
Good to see you at this forum. So you are from CA....I didn't know that.......I'm very excited to see you at this forum and the way you are helping people...as always "You are life saver"....God Bless you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mariemom in San Joaquin valley, California

50 months ago

Hi everyone,

I have been a stay at home mom full time for the past 5 years, and have now decided to begin a career plan. I currently have enough units to transfer to a four year college and work towards completing a Bachelors degree. In your opinion, would it be best to pursue a BSN and then apply to SJVC's PA program, or complete my bachelors in another similar area, then apply at SJVC? Would a BSN be more beneficial for me in applying to PA school (SJVC would be my only option)? Also, is my plan a realistic one that is feasible with kids in school? I appreciate any advice, thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Christina in Sacramento, California

50 months ago

I definitely think that you should complete some form of training that will result in direct patient care once you have completed the program. BSN sounds like a great way to go and remember to really do your best on all the prerequisite courses for the PA school you want to attend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Christina in Sacramento, California

50 months ago

dab in Santa Barbara, California said: Hey,
So I wanted to be an MD ever since I can remember and recently (thankfully) answered the call of "having a life" when I can still live, so I'm switching to a PA. I was hoping to go to OHSU for the MSPA program than return to CA for work. Does anyone know if that's possible? Does my state certification depend on where I graduated from?

Please help, THANKS!

Once you have passed the PANCE, per state there are individual licensing requirements. So, yes that is possible to receive your training in one state and be licensed and practicing in another.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ahmed201 in Erie, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

Hi, I am an International student on F-1 Visa. I finished my bachelor's in USA. Does anyone know any PA schools which offer admission to international students in States?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LesH in Visalia, California

50 months ago

Mariemom in San Joaquin valley, California said: Hi everyone,

In your opinion, would it be best to pursue a BSN and then apply to SJVC's PA program, or complete my bachelors in another similar area, then apply at SJVC? Would a BSN be more beneficial for me in applying to PA school (SJVC would be my only option)? Also, is my plan a realistic one that is feasible with kids in school? I appreciate any advice, thank you!

Hello
Congrats on your academic accomplishments. Here's the deal with SJVC, you can go ahead with your plan BUT the BSN would'nt matter to much in the big piture for SJVC. It will fulfill a HCE requirement after you have gotten 2000 hours of HCE as an RN.
SJVC does not count the HCE hours earned while in a training program. SO your plan maty take about 3-4 years. Just saying. If that's okay go for it.

If you have the academic prereqs for SJVC now and 60 credits I would recommend that you concerntrate on getting other clinical experience somehow. Medical Assistants seem to do fairly well getting into the program. Also on average 35-40% of the students accepted by SJVC in the past have an AS. Make sure that you have at least a 3.0 in all science prereqs and a 3.0 overall for SJVC. Good luck in your future PA endeavors.

Les Howard

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Prospective PA in Milpitas, California

50 months ago

Hi there,

Any body from Davis PA program? Did you guys hear anything from Davis yet except telling us that they got our application?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

henry in Los Angeles, California

50 months ago

LesH in North Hollywood, California said: Unfortunately no. You need a BS in something to make it work.

I have a BFA. Bachelor of Fine Arts, but currently studying to become an RT before PA. Is BFA okay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

henry in Los Angeles, California

50 months ago

LesH in North Hollywood, California said: Unfortunately no. You need a BS in something to make it work.

I have a BFA. Bachelor of Fine Arts, but currently studying to become an RT before PA. Is BFA okay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cjidaho in Northville, Michigan

50 months ago

First of all, why do the RT? Are you using RT to get patient care experience, if so that would be fine. You can enter a PA program with only your BFA if you have the prereq.'s that the program is looking for as well as high grades in those prereq.'s. Depending on the PA program you are trying to get into you may or may not need patient care experience at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.