Alternative career options for physicians

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

dp08 in California

81 months ago

Anyone disillusioned with traditional career paths for physicians or are you a foreigns graduate whos qualifications are not recognised?
There are actually lots of alternative career options (clinical or non-clinical options).
Take a look at www.medicalcareerchange.com for ideas and resources.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Lee Gonzalez in Miami, Florida

80 months ago

Dear dp from california
I just finished my medical doctor education, but I haven't take the USMLE, what I want is to get something to do meanwhile I study for it, what other jobs can I obtain with my physician title?

note: I have not US certification at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

batguano in Ward, South Carolina

78 months ago

dp08 in California said: Anyone disillusioned with traditional career paths for physicians or are you a foreigns graduate whos qualifications are not recognised?
There are actually lots of alternative career options (clinical or non-clinical options).
Take a look at www.medicalcareerchange.com for ideas and resources.

The primary obstruction of a medical license is the use of the ECFMG to enforce illegal demands to participate in corruption.

"Go along to get along", you get an 86.

If you refuse, you fail by one point permanently.

Medical Licensing has nothing to do with competence.

If you are targeted for official oppression, your family is harmed, and you live under oppression for learning another language and earning a medical degree outside the USA.

Medicine is not a profession today in the USA.

You have to make up your mind: do you sell your soul or live under official oppression hired by organized medicine?

There is no middle ground if you are demanded to participate in corruption for an 86 on the ECFMG.

That is my experience, and it stinks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

ms IMG in El Cajon, California

56 months ago

batguano in Ward, South Carolina said: The primary obstruction of a medical license is the use of the ECFMG to enforce illegal demands to participate in corruption.

"Go along to get along", you get an 86.

If you refuse, you fail by one point permanently.

Medical Licensing has nothing to do with competence.

If you are targeted for official oppression, your family is harmed, and you live under oppression for learning another language and earning a medical degree outside the USA.

Medicine is not a profession today in the USA.

You have to make up your mind: do you sell your soul or live under official oppression hired by organized medicine?

There is no middle ground if you are demanded to participate in corruption for an 86 on the ECFMG.

That is my experience, and it stinks.

I am an IMG and I really don't know the details of the "official oppression" you are talking about. Can you eleborate please? I'm already in my early forties and my husband is encouraging me to take the USMLE to resume my practice here in USA.

I'm looking forward for your reply.

Thanks.

ms IMG

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DrJosephKim in Newtown, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

I would also like to recommend www.nonclinicaljobs.com/ as another source of information regarding alternative career options.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Edward Weissberg in Yad Binyamin, Israel

36 months ago

I am a US Board Certified psychiatrist who is living overseas. I am looking to do some non-clinical work remotely. Any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mdphd1960 in Mesa, Arizona

36 months ago

i know of docs who cant apss the usmles but were professors in their countries. its not fair. should be investigated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

T V Krishnamurthy in Delhi, India

33 months ago

Corruption is viral. It spreads very fast.
Many IMGs get resideny through LORs of relatives who are doctors. For IMGs contacts in medical profession in US seems more important than anything else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

tom in Miami, Florida

32 months ago

mdphd1960 in Mesa, Arizona said: i know of docs who cant apss the usmles but were professors in their countries. its not fair. should be investigated

this is such a stupid comment.....so they were professors so whaaaaaaaaaaaat

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

shez in Brooklyn, New York

31 months ago

please send me new comments

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

happydoc in Boston, Massachusetts

17 months ago

If you are a licensed physician in the Boston area, licensed but not board certified, contact me for ideas for some excellent, well paying and low stress physician positions. I am a physician not a recruiter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

dany med in Ensenada, Mexico

17 months ago

Hi
I'm a recently graduated doctor from mexico...I'm a legal resident of U.S, living in AZ... I studied abroad because I thought it would be easier to get into medical school....now that I'm finished, I feel completely lost..I dont have the economic fluency to pay for the usmle prep courses..I want to apply to a PA program near my hometown, is that a good idea? has anybody done it ? please any advice will be greatly appreciated...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

CobyRossini in Staffordsville, Kentucky

13 months ago

The state Board took a fabricated conspiracy of some local enemies and took my DEA. The ABFP then takes Board certification away, it was only 2 years old, because of a permanent restriction on outpatient prescribing. Been looking for work intently for 6 months without success. Does ANYONE know anywhere on this planet I can get a job!!!?? Anything from professor down to janitor will do at this point as we are slowly starving. Tennessee and VA refused to give unrestricted license. I describe all this as worse than the kiss of the Antichrist.
Innocent in KY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

Oh, they would not give me ANY license in other 2 states. So, I could not come to Boston. Confined to KY by a non-governmental agency at this point unless want to do something else than medicine or something NOT requiring a license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

ABFP says you cannot keep Board Certification if you have ANY permanent restriction on you license. Do you think that is fair?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rajiv in United Kingdom

10 months ago

Two resources I've used are an audio training for alternative careers for doctors here:
bit.ly/1a4euWG

And a kindle book on other careers for doctors here: amzn.to/1mOjSi5

Hope this helps you.

william drake in Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis

1 month ago

if a md in south carolina loses their medical lic. there
but have lic. in virgina
super doctor been teaching at Caribbean medical school...6 years
how & where can they work in the states.... medical schools/insurance companies get new or renew lic.?????/billdrakenewyork@aol.com
please help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

william drake in Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis

1 month ago

CobyRossini in Staffordsville, Kentucky said: The state Board took a fabricated conspiracy of some local enemies and took my DEA. The ABFP then takes Board certification away, it was only 2 years old, because of a permanent restriction on outpatient prescribing. Been looking for work intently for 6 months without success. Does ANYONE know anywhere on this planet I can get a job!!!?? Anything from professor down to janitor will do at this point as we are slowly starving. Tennessee and VA refused to give unrestricted license. I describe all this as worse than the kiss of the Antichrist.
Innocent in KY
email billdrakenewyork@aol.com

singh in East Orange, New Jersey

1 month ago

I and my wife are physicians from India with more than 30 years clinical experience (mine in Anesthesiology and hers in OBGY). We are USMLE certified in 1999 but came now to USA on green card. Is there any chance of our getting a physician's job in USA? Most of the medical schools want their graduates to have passed Md within 3-5 years. So what is the scope for us as a physician or as a non clinical professional. We both possess more than 15 years of teaching experience (MD students, residents in India and Caribbean)

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.