Alternative career options for physicians

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Lee Gonzalez in Miami, Florida

84 months ago

Dear dp from california
I just finished my medical doctor education, but I haven't take the USMLE, what I want is to get something to do meanwhile I study for it, what other jobs can I obtain with my physician title?

note: I have not US certification at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (69) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Edward Weissberg in Yad Binyamin, Israel

40 months ago

I am a US Board Certified psychiatrist who is living overseas. I am looking to do some non-clinical work remotely. Any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

T V Krishnamurthy in Delhi, India

37 months ago

Corruption is viral. It spreads very fast.
Many IMGs get resideny through LORs of relatives who are doctors. For IMGs contacts in medical profession in US seems more important than anything else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

CobyRossini in Staffordsville, Kentucky

17 months ago

The state Board took a fabricated conspiracy of some local enemies and took my DEA. The ABFP then takes Board certification away, it was only 2 years old, because of a permanent restriction on outpatient prescribing. Been looking for work intently for 6 months without success. Does ANYONE know anywhere on this planet I can get a job!!!?? Anything from professor down to janitor will do at this point as we are slowly starving. Tennessee and VA refused to give unrestricted license. I describe all this as worse than the kiss of the Antichrist.
Innocent in KY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

william drake in Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis

5 months ago

CobyRossini in Staffordsville, Kentucky said: The state Board took a fabricated conspiracy of some local enemies and took my DEA. The ABFP then takes Board certification away, it was only 2 years old, because of a permanent restriction on outpatient prescribing. Been looking for work intently for 6 months without success. Does ANYONE know anywhere on this planet I can get a job!!!?? Anything from professor down to janitor will do at this point as we are slowly starving. Tennessee and VA refused to give unrestricted license. I describe all this as worse than the kiss of the Antichrist.
Innocent in KY
email billdrakenewyork@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

singh in East Orange, New Jersey

5 months ago

I and my wife are physicians from India with more than 30 years clinical experience (mine in Anesthesiology and hers in OBGY). We are USMLE certified in 1999 but came now to USA on green card. Is there any chance of our getting a physician's job in USA? Most of the medical schools want their graduates to have passed Md within 3-5 years. So what is the scope for us as a physician or as a non clinical professional. We both possess more than 15 years of teaching experience (MD students, residents in India and Caribbean)

doctorswithoutboards in New York, New York

3 months ago

happydoc in Boston, Massachusetts said: If you are a licensed physician in the Boston area, licensed but not board certified, contact me for ideas for some excellent, well paying and low stress physician positions. I am a physician not a recruiter.

Hi I am currently a licensed NY Physician but I have only one year of general surgery residency. Do you know of any opportunities for me? I'm currently trying to get back into residency but still would like to explore options. Thank you.

BKEVH in Cleveland, Ohio

2 months ago

I am a graduate of a US medical school, completed two years of general surgery residency and have taken USMLE 1, II, and III. I am currently doing research but looking to trainstion to a non-clinical career, preferably in Boston. Would love to hear from you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.