I need work in Jax, FL Please...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

opman1 in Jacksonville, Florida

66 months ago

Devon Morgan in Jacksonville, Florida said: I'm a begining welder. I went to the Tulsa welding school in Jax, FL and I can't find work. Are there any places hiring.

if your willing to drive a few extra miles go apply at PDM Bridge. thats where i got a job at. its not the greatest place but for the pay its alright and you get benifits. its alot better than traveling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Devon Morgan in Jacksonville, Florida

66 months ago

Thanks for the feedback

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Beasthunt in Jacksonville, Florida

63 months ago

Devon Morgan in Jacksonville, Florida said: Thanks for the feedback

Devon. I'm currently attending Tulsa in Jax as well. Got any leads?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chad Williams in Asheville, North Carolina

61 months ago

Just finished welding school as well and can't find a job everyone wants experiance where do I go?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

dan camarco in East Hampton, Connecticut

61 months ago

I use to be a welding instructor if you are going to look for a welding job just out of school you should take what ever job you can get regardless the pay. don't expect the big buck job unless you can prove yourself as an exellent welder. this all takes time, yeah they probably told you in school when you applied your going to may great pay and that is true,but you need to have the welding experience to get the good money . And to do that you have to burn to learn meaning them more welding you do the more you learn about reading the puddle and what is doing so you can make your next move without stopping. Don't forget even if you take a low pay job and they offer bennies, you don't see that till you need it. the more experience you get the better. stay at the low pay job for a year or more that always looks better on the resume. sure everyone wants to make big money but take your time and it will come.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chad Williams in Asheville, North Carolina

61 months ago

Thanks I needed to hear something like that

Beasthunt in Jacksonville, Florida

61 months ago

Thanks for the advice Dan. I was wondering what your take is on the chances of a buddy and myself getting on a pipeline? I know you need your own rig but I just can't imagine that people just show up with brand new rigs and never worked the pipeline before. So there has to be some sort of apprenticeship program or something?

I agree. 15 dollars and hour with 110 dollars a day perdium tends to add up if your working the 72 hours a week. I'd like to find something at 25/72 with 100 perd. That would be nice :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dan camarco in East Hampton, Connecticut

61 months ago

www.cianbro.com/go to this website these people are always looking for young blood you may not start at the top but they can prepare you for it over time. I have had students come into class knowing nothing and getting a job with these folks starting rate @ $45. an hour plus. But you need to take thier test and don't forget the big test DRUG if you do drugs then don't apply for any pipe company or aerospace even the guys welding dumpsters get tested so if you do drugs get off them. good luck

Pipeliners Wife in Wetumka, Oklahoma

61 months ago

Beasthunt in Jacksonville, Florida said: Thanks for the advice Dan. I was wondering what your take is on the chances of a buddy and myself getting on a pipeline? I know you need your own rig but I just can't imagine that people just show up with brand new rigs and never worked the pipeline before. So there has to be some sort of apprenticeship program or something?

I agree. 15 dollars and hour with 110 dollars a day perdium tends to add up if your working the 72 hours a week. I'd like to find something at 25/72 with 100 perd. That would be nice :)

No there is not and apprenticeship program there is the mommy and daddy fund though! lol. that is where these broncs get their new trucks and brand new machines.

will92517 in Jacksonville, Florida

60 months ago

opman1 in Jacksonville, Florida said: if your willing to drive a few extra miles go apply at PDM Bridge. thats where i got a job at. its not the greatest place but for the pay its alright and you get benifits. its alot better than traveling.

Is PDM still hiring??

james in Mountain Home, Arkansas

49 months ago

not sure where to start i'am still in welding school will be done in may was talkin with my dad he was a welder for over 25 years. I told him that i was wanting to move down to florida and try and get into a welding job he came back and said that to forget it theres no welding jobs there your gonna have to move elsewhere. so would this be true at all or is there good welding jobs in florida. would like to find out before we make a move would hate to get there and be trapped down there with no work.

dewayne in Gainesville, Florida

38 months ago

What is the average paid starting out for an master welder at pdm bridge? , i am looking for work?

dewayne in Gainesville, Florida

38 months ago

What is the starting pay for an master welder at pdm bridge? i am currently look for work.

JT Land in Pagosa Springs, Colorado

20 months ago

right out of school is gonna be rough, especially if you dont leave jacksonville, thats a real boom or bust town. i graduated in 09, it took me 6months to get my first job, it was poo, i stayed till i found a better one, than a better one, then a better one.... you get where im going. i work any where i want these days. the best tip i can give you for anyone staying in jacksonville, is use your brush up days at the school, stay fresh, take the first * job you can find, and grow from there, the first job is a to find, the second is much easier.

i called the school in feb of last year about a job and had 4 graduates drive down to corpus christi for work, they all were hired right out of school at 18 hr, and 80 a day per deim. look for big companies hiring every welder they can get their hands on, those are a sure thing just about, but you have to have some cash to get to the job,(you need to be able to cover your expenses for about 2 weeks until you get your first pay check)

another tip, lots of big companies want 6g restricted certified flux core welders ($$$$) i could get you a job right now if you can pass that test, go back to the school and practice that (its a hard test, contact me if you want the test details).... companies hiring 6g r welders, Keiwit offshore services, ingleside tx, gulf marien, inglside tx, bay fabrication, corpus christi tx, and some i dont know of in LA.... texas is the place to be for welding, work is never far away. fabrication, pipe, structure, pipeline..... what ever you want

right out of school is hard, if you read all of this, and have some questions, just shoot me an email, i can give you some tips, or maybe point you in the right direction for some work.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.