Working Abroad

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Richard Boxler in Chicago, Illinois

72 months ago

I forgot to mention, I am not ONLY interested in working over seas, but that is the main focus. I wouldnt mind working elsewhere in the country, but not for any "permanent" job, just go in, do a 6-9 month job, then go back home.

I suppose I just want to have some fun, and use my skills to see the world/country.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

wayne in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

70 months ago

I too am looking for the same type of employment as you my local didn't know much also. Local 198 Baton Rouge La. Which brought me here. I just really started looking this week and like you don't really know which direction to go. I already have my passport I am sure you prob. will need it. If i find out anything I will let you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Native Texan in New Albany, Mississippi

69 months ago

Richard Boxler in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi Folks. I have called my hall and asked about this subject, but they dont have much information to offer me besides the names of a few very large multi-international corporations. I am 25 years old, and a Journeyman out of Local 597 in Chicago. We are the largest Pipefitting local and one most well trained.

My father is a pipefitter and has had a few opportunities to work abroad, which he didnt take because of our family. Ever Since I got into the trade I knew once I got my card that I would like the experience of working overseas or other such things.

Just wondering if anybody might have any info on the subject. I would assume a large problem would be getting my current pay, which at the time is 42 an hour, I believe my total package is at around 70 an hour. I have seen some jobs that are close, but they are for the service side of the trade in which I do not have that much experience.

I am just looking for some thoughts or insight.

Thank you.

Try the following links www.roadtechs.com and www.oilcareers.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rob in Edmonton, Alberta

69 months ago

Richard Boxler in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi Folks. I have called my hall and asked about this subject, but they dont have much information to offer me besides the names of a few very large multi-international corporations. I am 25 years old, and a Journeyman out of Local 597 in Chicago. We are the largest Pipefitting local and one most well trained.

My father is a pipefitter and has had a few opportunities to work abroad, which he didnt take because of our family. Ever Since I got into the trade I knew once I got my card that I would like the experience of working overseas or other such things.

Just wondering if anybody might have any info on the subject. I would assume a large problem would be getting my current pay, which at the time is 42 an hour, I believe my total package is at around 70 an hour. I have seen some jobs that are close, but they are for the service side of the trade in which I do not have that much experience.

I am just looking for some thoughts or insight.

Thank you.

hello have you tried going to companies like Flour,KBR,haliburton if nothing there try road trash that may help. And maybe you could help me i am from local 488 Edmonton canada we also have over 10,000 members and over 185 billion dollars in work before us. However i have moved to Michigan with my family i have been traveling back an forth they pay LOA and travel i was thinking about going to Chicago pipefitters local the city is soo huge and very intimitating Edmonton is 1 million my question is what jobs are available,are they taking travel cards,LOA,Travel allowance and is it true that people carry hanguns to work in there lunch kits? thanx Rob

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

cheryl johnson in Saint Louis, Missouri

46 months ago

i also am looking for the hookup to work abroad, if anyone finds or has info. for contacts please forward them to me at johnsoncheryl37@yahoo.com and i will do the same. thanks and good luck.cheryl johnson local 562, st. louis, mo. BTJP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tramunzel in Caxias, Brazil

46 months ago

city@jobs777.net are professionals – they helped me to located my employer and now they guide me through the process of applying. I am to the point to wait for my visa through the embassy and I hope that everything will be alright. I hope to fly to Ireland after a month, end of February maybe.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tramunzel in Caxias, Brazil

46 months ago

city@jobs777.net are professionals – they helped me to located my employer and now they guide me through the process of applying. I am to the point to wait for my visa through the embassy and I hope that everything will be alright. I hope to fly to Ireland after a month, end of February maybe.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

paul in Las Vegas, Nevada

40 months ago

Im a fitter/plumber from 525 las vegas does anyone know of any jobs to travel to that arn't requiring welding serts?????????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

marcus in Las Vegas, Nevada

38 months ago

Tramunzel in Caxias, Brazil said: city@jobs777.net are professionals – they helped me to located my employer and now they guide me through the process of applying. I am to the point to wait for my visa through the embassy and I hope that everything will be alright. I hope to fly to Ireland after a month, end of February maybe.

scammer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ken in nv in Las Vegas, Nevada

37 months ago

be careful of who u go to work for overseas some of these people are not good to work for !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Seriousvol in Lawrenceville, Georgia

27 months ago

Hello

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.