Where are the most stable Pipefitting/Welding jobs? Union or NonUnion???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 53)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Shawna in Los Angeles, California

73 months ago

My husband is a welder/pipefitter in the union with experience in hot tapping, pipe fitting, welding (yes he has his certs), and more. He has been in the field for 15+ years. He is 2 months away from becomeing a journeyman. He joined the union as a third year apprentice and in the last 3 years has been laid off many times due to lack of work. We are in Southern California. The pay is great, however I need him to work consistantly for our family. Are we in the wrong state? Should he leave the union. Is it possible to have a stable career in this trade, or is this what I have to look forward to forever? Just a wife wanting to know other pipefitters opinions on this. We are willing to relocate, but do not want to if it is going to be the same somewhere else. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (105) / No (44) Reply - Report abuse

SuzanneSC in Lafayette, Louisiana

61 months ago

2 things. Culture shock. Your quality of life will be substantially lowered by moving to Louisiana from So Cal. I grew up in Louisiana, moved to Orange County for 5 years, came back to Louisiana and wanted to die.

AND

That area is not called CANCER ALLY FOR NOTHING.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ray.c in Aguanga, California

59 months ago

ive been working for a pipe manufacturing co. for 12 yrs and other
companys as well.i got layed off in march.what ive found is this,
the companys that have work are not bringing on new people becuase they are woried about things slowing down for them.im only working 20% of the time. lots of others i know are experiancing the same.
ive been in the buisness more then 25 yrs collectivly.i rode out the
last recesion ok /this ones alot harder and will take longer.
work is slower in some places more than others.the economys bad
right now so just hang in there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Darrin in Houston, Texas

59 months ago

Shawna in Los Angeles, California said: My husband is a welder/pipefitter in the union with experience in hot tapping, pipe fitting, welding (yes he has his certs), and more. He has been in the field for 15+ years. He is 2 months away from becomeing a journeyman. He joined the union as a third year apprentice and in the last 3 years has been laid off many times due to lack of work. We are in Southern California. The pay is great, however I need him to work consistantly for our family. Are we in the wrong state? Should he leave the union. Is it possible to have a stable career in this trade, or is this what I have to look forward to forever? Just a wife wanting to know other pipefitters opinions on this. We are willing to relocate, but do not want to if it is going to be the same somewhere else. Thanks

It's like that here in Houston also. It seems we have a thousand plants in our area, but the maint. jobs last longer than turnaround work, but turnarounds you make more money so it's kinda a catch 22. I've worked maitenance for a year and made $55,000 and worked turnarounds (shutdowns) and made $80,000. If he can get on permanent at the plants then its mostly permanent. Here, even a maint. job for a contractor isn't permanent. I do know this. I've been a pipefitter for 25 yearsand do know regardless of your political views, when a democrat is in office, our work shuts down compared to when a republican is in office

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

ljmeese in New Philadelphia, Ohio

56 months ago

spyder53 in Sylva, North Carolina said: Either lazy or not in tight with the right people, that's union.

Could you possibly give me the names of some of the union welding shops in North Carolina? My husband is in the Laborer's union (LIUNA) in Ohio but there is no work in Tuscarawas county. Even the union President is laid off. Hubby has been laid off since October when the pipeline job here ended. We have family in North Carolina and are seriously considering relocating. Any help anyone can give us would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

AnotherPipefitterWife in Everett, Washington

53 months ago

Shawna in Los Angeles, California said: Well, did you get any helpful advice? My husband is a journeyman pipefitter and I too hate the instability of when the job is done going back on the list. Especially during slow times like this. I want him to get a stable job doing what he does year round, with benefits. His union health care sucks. And we can never afford to go on vacation when he is laid off, it is a catch 22.
Especially now that I have lost my job and been off work for over a year now. I hate him to work the turnarounds too since they are so dangerous and dirty and a long drive too.
Did you get any good answers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pipedawg75 in wyoming, Illinois

52 months ago

I can see the pros and cons of both sides...bottom line is the kids gotta eat!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stevenkgfc in Greensboro, North Carolina

51 months ago

I am here in NC started welding a year ago and found it is the greatest thing i have ever come across, i always respected welders and got a shot at going to school for free from the state so i took the opportunity and worked my ass off day and night to get as good as i am now. I have now worked in one of the largest solar fields on the east coast doing most all welding and general construction. And what i have learned so far is that NC is tough. I look at other states along the east coast mainly union states and the wages and treatment seem better. I am not even making enough to get by on my own. I think its all in who you know and can get in with down here but as far as what i have seen and who i have talked to Union is the way to go for Construction jobs such as welding and fitting. A well paid and taken care of person is worth way more than a poor, uncomfortable one. Although this may be alot of people and myself have to keep dishing out quality work at low wages just to hold on and wait for a better opportunity. My bet would be trying to move to a union state ive seen some pretty fair jobs in VA and Maryland with OT pay and benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

BEARPAW in Concord, North Carolina

50 months ago

ljmeese in New Philadelphia, Ohio said: Could you possibly give me the names of some of the union welding shops in North Carolina? My husband is in the Laborer's union (LIUNA) in Ohio but there is no work in Tuscarawas county. Even the union President is laid off. Hubby has been laid off since October when the pipeline job here ended. We have family in North Carolina and are seriously considering relocating. Any help anyone can give us would be greatly appreciated.

Hey i Live in Charlotte Area Nc. Check out Local 421 out of Charleston SC. they control NC and SC. or Local 72 in Atlanta. they are doin call outs right now. thats if he wants to do pipework.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

keith simpson in Charlotte, North Carolina

49 months ago

is there any welding unions that pays my way there college in north Carolina? or close to the state?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

pipefiter forman in Setúbal, Portugal

49 months ago

It´s dificult everywere. In Europe aumost no work as well.no chance to be near, with our family.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JERI MARTIN in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

47 months ago

Shane in Prairieville, Louisiana said: Louisiana. Chemical plants, Oil Ref, and Pipe Fab shops are everwhere. Very Stable work. If not for Fitters and Welders these Companies would shut down. average pay varies. In the plants you will make between 21 and 35 dollars a hour. In a fab shop you will make between 19 and 24 dollars an hour. It just depends on where youre at. And the cost of living here is alot lower than that of Cal. You dont have to be in a union to get a job here.

Dear Shane--

My son has been looking for a pipefitting job now for 2 weeks after another layoff. He has been doing this kind of work for almost 3-4 years, and he also knows welding.
If you know anyone who is hiring, here in the local area of Baton Rouge or somewhere
close by, could you please let me know?

Please email me if you have any leads. Thankyou, Jeri M. jerimartin92@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

curtis in Evergreen, Colorado

47 months ago

nate in San Diego, California said: been a union fitter in southern ca for 15 years , never been out of work. if an apprentice is constantly being layed off its because hes lazy.

if u are in the trade as a fitter/welder or both or would like to get in the union is the only way togo. there is on other organization in the country (besides maybe the federal government) that can offer the opportunities, the education, the comraderie, and the lifestyle that the union does. i'm a fifth year apprentice fitter/welder and have worked consistently for the last five years. while this year has been slow, i've been layed off seven times but a total of only about three weeks. my hall has been very good about getting me back out there as soon as possible. i've made more money this year than in any other as well. i don't really feel bad for those union hands that complain about there not being any work. there is work out there but you have to be willing to leave the nest for it. that is the greatest thing about the union is that when you turn out you can get a travel card that allows you to go anywhere in the US or Canada. for example, apprentices are not supposed to be able to travel outside of their jurisdiction. this year however with work being so slow my hall allowed me to pull a travel card to keep me busy and off i went. the other thing is that you always have the chance to further your education. the UA offers college courses and every hall allows you to come in and sharpen your skills. after all it is YOUR hall. we ar a joint local and we are not allowed to turn out without a state plumbing license. even though the majority of my work has been pipefitting i can still walk on a job as a plumber. best thing is that if you are a laid off plumber ypu can spend all of your off time at the hall learning to weld. exactly what i did. now even though i have yet to turn out, i am a licensed plumber, a pipefitter, and a combo welder.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sloppy-joe in Belcourt, North Dakota

45 months ago

I believe it was a democrat that started the unization process

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

MR. PiPeMaN in Burlington, Ontario

44 months ago

Job Security...Union pays the best wages, has the most skilled workers and best pensions. Union shops offer top schooling for apprentices and also journeyman upgrading classes etc etc.
With these advantages a skilled worker can be the best and perform the best work on the job...the clients and companies see these standards of excellence and then there is a respect for union work.
UA canada is going to bust out wide open this year in Alberta,Saskatchewan,Newfoundland and some in Ontario.
Yes, Non Union in Alberta has a bigger % of unskilled workers that are paid less for a reason. If you have a journeyman certificate join a union hall...persistance keep pushing for it...organize your company...you will find much more benefits with union work.

Things are turning around...with some sacrifice. As you can see that the UA is slowly winning more and more at the barganning tables and outperforming non union contractors on every job...
Stable work isn't part of the trade. Contracts start and finish all the time...its not often to work for more than one company in a year. It does happen and with the recession it hurt everyone.

For the UA's in America, there has been meetings and the Canadian Locals are intending to hire UA brothers but you gotta get on your B.A's to make the calls thats what they are here for.

Thxs 2 UA-> 2 red seal JM,certif. rigger.supervis... etc. and a great pension at 30yrs of age.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

skin in Carrollton, Georgia

44 months ago

BEARPAW in Concord, North Carolina said: Hey i Live in Charlotte Area Nc. Check out Local 421 out of Charleston SC. they control NC and SC. or Local 72 in Atlanta. they are doin call outs right now. that's if he wants to do pipework.

I am out of the local 72 in Atlanta and I can tell you now you do not want to come to the 72.. bunch of politicians. They have given up our weekends to straight time, overtime is straight time, the benefits suck and the mighty dollar has taken focus over the brotherhood.
the 72 has treated other UA so bad they wont even come back to the job. Fluor is the contracter anf they are raping us....
I hope the infection hasnt spread to all UA's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tbd in Westborough, Massachusetts

42 months ago

nate in San Diego, California said: been a union fitter in southern ca for 15 years , never been out of work. if an apprentice is constantly being layed off its because hes lazy.

moving to san diego by years end - can you give me info on getting into the union there - been doing navy and power plant welding for over 20 yrs. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

tbd in Westborough, Massachusetts

42 months ago

moving to san diego by years end - can you give me some info on the unions there - been welding for over 20 yrs in shipyards and power plants - can weld anything in any position with both hands - have 6g certs. thanks daryl

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lee in Port Washington, Wisconsin

41 months ago

youre arrogance amazes me possibly u sell other people out but none the less youre still rude and an arrogant blowhard i wonder does the sun rise and set with u also from a 30 year member of the u.a. youre day will come

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dave Local 777 in Wallingford, Connecticut

41 months ago

skin in Carrollton, Georgia said: I am out of the local 72 in Atlanta and I can tell you now you do not want to come to the 72.. bunch of politicians. They have given up our weekends to straight time, overtime is straight time, the benefits suck and the mighty dollar has taken focus over the brotherhood.
the 72 has treated other UA so bad they wont even come back to the job. Fluor is the contracter anf they are raping us....

It Has Here

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

fitter in Carson, California

38 months ago

B.S.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Nomex in Montrose, Pennsylvania

37 months ago

lee in Port Washington, Wisconsin said: youre arrogance amazes me possibly u sell other people out but none the less youre still rude and an arrogant blowhard i wonder does the sun rise and set with u also from a 30 year member of the u.a. youre day will come

he's blowing the BA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tebay76 in Dallas, Texas

37 months ago

i am about to retest the entrance math test to local in dallas. its been a long while since ive used some of these math skills. i was wondering if any one knew which math is on the test so i could narrow the studying down .

Mark S in Pasadena, California

37 months ago

Hi, does your husband have a "R" certification, for "Alterations or Repairs to Pressure Vessels"? Im bidding a job and need to hire a welder with this R certification.
Thanks
Mark
Pasadena CA
626 x 533 x 5101
malibu2010@yahoo.com

Shawna in Los Angeles, California said: My husband is a welder/pipefitter in the union with experience in hot tapping, pipe fitting, welding (yes he has his certs), and more. He has been in the field for 15+ years. He is 2 months away from becomeing a journeyman. He joined the union as a third year apprentice and in the last 3 years has been laid off many times due to lack of work. We are in Southern California. The pay is great, however I need him to work consistantly for our family. Are we in the wrong state? Should he leave the union. Is it possible to have a stable career in this trade, or is this what I have to look forward to forever? Just a wife wanting to know other pipefitters opinions on this. We are willing to relocate, but do not want to if it is going to be the same somewhere else. Thanks

MR. PiPeMaN in Edmonton, Alberta

37 months ago

Once your husband becomes JMan he can pull his travel card and deposit it where ever work is even in Canada. I know in the States its hard times don't let this hold you back from traveling to canada. Pass the message to any U.A. member in america that wants to make the trip.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

fitter4776 in Saco, Maine

35 months ago

I wish it were true. I haven't been able to get across the border, as a 32 yrs. of expirienced union fitter. I have filled out both sets of paperwork, for the Red Seal and turnarounds. The Alberta hall has been hostile when I inquire what is going on! To quote them, " As far as we a concerned, you are not, nor have ever been a member of our local, and therefore we owe you nothing." Yet, I'm also told by an American who did get out on a project outside of Edmonton, that there were 100 American travelers working there, along side of over 500 Indians ( not natives, but from "India" )on that job. He said that he would never go back. Here we are starving in the US for lack of work, literally tens of thousands of qualified men, and Canada chooses to bring in people from Asia. I guess the employment door only swings one way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Allen Pye in Gainesville, Florida

34 months ago

some years ago i worked shutdown's as a mill right in the north east Florida area but now I'm not sure were to find these job's Please help allenpye@bellsouth.net

Allen Pye in Gainesville, Florida

34 months ago

I worked as a mill right years ago, in the northeast Fl. area but don't know where to look for these job's at please help.

iweld in Phoenix, Arizona

31 months ago

no one seems to have mentioned shipyards, they run a lot of different kinds of pipe, as well as exotic pipe metals. they seem to be busy in western states that are on the pacific as well as yards in louisianna, even wisconsin has some shipyards if you live up there, but whats really going on in the south right now is hvac, jobs are plenty pay is good prevailing wage does happen it's non union and it's not going anywhere because July in Phoenix isn't either buildings always need chiller systems or re piping of some kind.

FELIXX67890 in Halifax, Nova Scotia

31 months ago

Hiring Now -
www.CanwestIndustrial.com

PipeFitters & Insulators.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pipefitter1 in Los Angeles, California

30 months ago

I have 32 union credits working here in beautiful Southern California. I have been fortunate, lucky and put my head to the grindstone and give an honest 8hrs for 8Hrs pay. Currently I am a General Foreman w/a smaller than usual crew (economy).The decision to keep or get rid of a hand relies on a few but simple things:
1.Attitude (willing to do the project w/out complaining or second guessing)
2.Skill (being able to do the task @ hand expeditiously, efficiently but w/quality)
3.Work availability
Etc.. If you're a mechanic out in the field why should the Contractor keep you over your Coworker? It's a business and he needs to make money w/the best hands available! Remember your just a "Tool" out there and if a "Better Tool" comes around. Well you figure it out!
Local #250. FYI: We just sent 50 Apprentices out to work two weeks ago. (a small light @ the end of the tunnel)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

crazyplumber in South Bend, Indiana

30 months ago

If you "WHITE CARD" in to a Plumbers/Pipefitter Union. How do you go about changing your "CARD" to Pipefitter?

Helpful REAL advice in Norfolk, Virginia

29 months ago

I would say try and move to a state around alot of shipyards/mill. base's in the area they tend to hire UNION comp. to do there work THE RIGHT WAY... I know because ive been working none stop for 8 years and thats with the same comp. the og. owner died his wife got it ran it into the ground sold it and now we r doing great agian, there was some rough times but we have made it threw it all, we have contract with the shipyard here last 4years and then it will come up agian and we only lost the base 1 time in 20years thats when the owner wife took it over... But id check into moving fla,va,ga,tx area..

Pipefitter1 in Los Angeles, California

29 months ago

crazyplumber in South Bend, Indiana said: If you "WHITE CARD" in to a Plumbers/Pipefitter Union. How do you go about changing your "CARD" to Pipefitter?

There are different ways to go out as a "Pipefitter"
1.Pick up a travel card
2.Get sponsored by a Company that will vouch that they have a minimum of 3 months work for you
3. Get on a job and accumulate the needed minimum hours to change over.
(3) Areas here in Calif. that need Union Fitters and Welders able to pass the given test. At the top of my head are:
1. LAX
2. High Desert (Palm Springs, Desert Hot Springs, Blythe)
3. Refineries

I suggest you call the local halls and see what, where and how long the job is scheduled for before heading out.
Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bitterfitter in Lakewood, Ohio

28 months ago

What's happening in West Virginia? We are thinking of relocating. Im a 13 year union fitter/welder. I have steady work here. Not alot of overtime though.

UnionContractorNeedsDetailers in Oakland, California

28 months ago

SF Bay Area has alot of work right now. Especially need good piping/plumbing detailers, skilled in ACAD and CADMech. Union or not, if you know what you are doing , it won't matter. Comment on my post with exp and we can figure out how to get in touch.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

andruu4 in Gresham, Oregon

26 months ago

SF Bay Area has alot of work right now. Especially need good piping/plumbing detailers, skilled in ACAD and CADMech. Union or not, if you know what you are doing , it won't matter. Comment on my post with exp and we can figure out how to get in touch. -

How can I get in touch with you, UnioContractorNeedsDetailers? I am currently in New Orleans, LA in my second year of my UA apprenticeship, looking to relocate to the Bay Area... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

andruu4 in Gresham, Oregon

26 months ago

UnionContractorNeedsDetailers in Oakland, California said: SF Bay Area has alot of work right now. Especially need good piping/plumbing detailers, skilled in ACAD and CADMech. Union or not, if you know what you are doing , it won't matter. Comment on my post with exp and we can figure out how to get in touch.

How can I get in touch with you, UnioContractorNeedsDetailers? I am currently in New Orleans, LA in my second year of my UA apprenticeship, looking to relocate to the Bay Area... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jordyn in Grande Prairie, Alberta

23 months ago

northern alberta is wer its at. i came up here from vanvouver. my brother is a pipefitter. takes home 8000 a month after tax. lots of work up here in the oilfield.

i love the oilfield.
earth first.. we will drill the other planets later

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Marble Falls, Texas

22 months ago

Not sure if anyone can help me but I'm giving it a try. I am in search of my brother! Last I heard he was a pipefitter for the Union, somewhere in Texas. I wanted to see if there was someone I can contact that could possibly get ahold of him for me. I don't know anything about the Union or how it operates so please don't get upset with asking for help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jvar7829 in Salt Lake City, Utah

17 months ago

Darrin in Houston, Texas said: It's like that here in Houston also. It seems we have a thousand plants in our area, but the maint. jobs last longer than turnaround work, but turnarounds you make more money so it's kinda a catch 22. I've worked maitenance for a year and made $55,000 and worked turnarounds (shutdowns) and made $80,000. If he can get on permanent at the plants then its mostly permanent. Here, even a maint. job for a contractor isn't permanent. I do know this. I've been a pipefitter for 25 yearsand do know regardless of your political views, when a democrat is in office, our work shuts down compared to when a republican is in office

how do i get more information about how to get trinng as a pipefitter

jvar7829 in Salt Lake City, Utah

17 months ago

Darrin in Houston, Texas said: It's like that here in Houston also. It seems we have a thousand plants in our area, but the maint. jobs last longer than turnaround work, but turnarounds you make more money so it's kinda a catch 22. I've worked maitenance for a year and made $55,000 and worked turnarounds (shutdowns) and made $80,000. If he can get on permanent at the plants then its mostly permanent. Here, even a maint. job for a contractor isn't permanent. I do know this. I've been a pipefitter for 25 yearsand do know regardless of your political views, when a democrat is in office, our work shuts down compared to when a republican is in office

HOW DO I GET TRAINING AS A PIPEFITTER. I MEAN THERE ARE NO SCHOOL OUT THERE , NOT THAT I KNOW . jvar7829@hotmail.com

Susan@vip-staffing.com

12 months ago

We have awesome opportunities for Pipe Fitters and 6G Welders in the New Braunfels, TX area. These are long term, full time jobs. If you want stability and great benefits working for one of the biggest international companies in the world today, email me your resume for immediate consideration!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

fitterdude in Denver, Colorado

8 months ago

Some of these people don't know what there talking about first of all individuals don't carry a R certification companies do ....all pressure vessels and related piping are governed by the ASME code Section 9 most pipefitters carry a ASME B31-1 or B31-3 cert under that classification are several different procedures . a UA 63 seems to be the one that will get you into most locals as a traveler . if your looking to set tel down and stay in one town or state your going to find the work to be feast or famine,I'm in Denver the work is booming here mostly commercial work and the quality of life is very nice but I don't expect the boom to last more than two years . the high desert in California has a lot of work for the next ten years Why don't you know about this ?
If your willing to travel your husband can make a lot of money I have a friend that spent 11 months in Indiana and made $130 k . I was working in Blythe Can last year and was making $8k a month but come June the heat drove me out. Hope this helps.

steve in Niles, Michigan

7 months ago

Im looking for big ot work. Good pay. Any word brothers?

m.malone in Decatur, Alabama

7 months ago

skin in Carrollton, Georgia said: I am out of the local 72 in Atlanta and I can tell you now you do not want to come to the 72.. bunch of politicians. They have given up our weekends to straight time, overtime is straight time, the benefits suck and the mighty dollar has taken focus over the brotherhood.

how is local 72

mariahbegay in New Mexico

6 months ago

iweld in Phoenix, Arizona said: no one seems to have mentioned shipyards, they run a lot of different kinds of pipe, as well as exotic pipe metals. they seem to be busy in western states that are on the pacific as well as yards in louisianna, even wisconsin has some shipyards if you live up there, but whats really going on in the south right now is hvac , jobs are plenty pay is good prevailing wage does happen it's non union and it's not going anywhere because July in Phoenix isn't either buildings always need chiller systems or re piping of some kind.

Hi my name is mariah so it is good go to the union im a welder

Erik in Vancouver, British Columbia

6 months ago

jordyn in Grande Prairie, Alberta said: northern alberta is wer its at. i came up here from vanvouver. my brother is a pipefitter. takes home 8000 a month after tax. lots of work up here in the oilfield.

i love the oilfield.
earth first.. we will drill the other planets later

Hey, I am interested in becoming an apprentice for pipefitting and move up north alberta with my family. Is your brother a journeyman already? Could I become his apprentice?

Vovvie in Upland, California

4 months ago

Erik in Vancouver, British Columbia said: Hey, I am interested in becoming an apprentice for pipefitting and move up north alberta with my family. Is your brother a journeyman already? Could I become his apprentice?

My son would be interested. He is a journeyman. Do you have a contact in Alberta I can pass along to him?

Vovvie in Upland, California

4 months ago

Any stable pipefitter jobs for a journeyman with multiple certs?

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.