What do you enjoy most about your pipefitter career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a pipefitter? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

pipefigherpaul in Roanoke, Virginia

63 months ago

change!!!!!!!! everyday is different. good pay. when u are on a job every run is a challenge in different ways. it keeps my brain going 90mph and i love that the day goes fast just trying to get another run

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

WelderBeast in Dayton, Ohio

63 months ago

pipefigherpaul in Roanoke, Virginia said: change!!!!!!!! everyday is different. good pay. when u are on a job every run is a challenge in different ways. it keeps my brain going 90mph and i love that the day goes fast just trying to get another run

Where do you work ?

I have been laid off for 2 years now. My family depends on my income.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mattscards in Houston, Texas

63 months ago

WelderBeast in Dayton, Ohio said: Where do you work ?

I have been laid off for 2 years now. My family depends on my income.

I hate to say this welderbeast but maybe the Ohio area isn't the place to be for work right now. Have you ever considered traveling?"|

Pipeliner in LA in Opelousas, Louisiana

62 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about being a pipefitter? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

The best thing about Pipefitting for me is the traveling, I am sure the wife wouldn't agree though. Thats the worst thing about it, Being away from home for months at a time. Yes it is very challenging, Everyday is different and you learn quite abit if you pay attention and ask questions. If you get in with the right group of guys, the learning is an ongoing process. I have learned from some of the best on how to operate track hoes, skid steers, weld, read prints and ISO's. It's what you put into it that will make you advance, I started as a laborer then moved to a welders helper, then to a carpenter/rebar hand/concrete hand to a pipefitter helper, then to a pipefitter. I am now a foreman trying to teach the young new guys coming up the right way/ with the right attitude to go about getting things done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

trsrhddn in Sherwood, Oregon

56 months ago

the best part of pipefitting is the change from job to job refineries to paper mills to gold mtnes to high tech there all different and the same always learning and teaching the worst is fighting the non-union they don't have the training programs and keep the wages low give the trade a bad name

corbybhoy in Corby, United Kingdom

55 months ago

goling home at night

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

azghar25@yahoo.com in Tripoli, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

55 months ago

im working in enrop and in morocco in many company

Larry A Robinson in Missoula, Montana

53 months ago

Travel, new jobs, new technology, the challenge of complex systems and the people I work with.

jungleboy in Lima, Ohio

53 months ago

i think larry hit the nail on the head, but for me i love a big crane and a critical lift.... the bigger the better as long as them boilermakers stay outta the way....lol...

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.