Pipefitter Questions for Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Luke Bell in Visalia, California

82 months ago

I am a Building Supe and would like about 6-10 questions I could ask a candidate Pipefitter during an interview to see if they are a qualified Candidate. Email me what you have at vfc2020@yahoo.com Questions and Answers please. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (163) / No (38) Reply - Report abuse

louie in Binangonan, Philippines

43 months ago

i just wanted to have an idea on what will be the interview question, hoping also for a sample answer to the questions. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

louie in Binangonan, Philippines

43 months ago

i just wanted to have an idea on what will be the interview question, hoping also for a sample answer to the questions. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

herbertwatkins in Monroeville, Alabama

41 months ago

what are some of the questions on a pipefitter test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

nhel padilla in Manila, Philippines

37 months ago

Luke Bell in Visalia, California said: I am a Building Supe and would like about 6-10 questions I could ask a candidate Pipefitter during an interview to see if they are a qualified Candidate. Email me what you have at vfc2020@yahoo.com Questions and Answers please. Thanks

give him a isometric drawing and let him to stimate how many length of pipes they are going to use,,,sizes, fittings,, name them all,,namely also kinds of valve & flanges,,and command him to layout or fabricate a 4 piece 90 degree elbow,,, bcoz some pipe fitters are not really pipe fitter they called are pipe figthers,,,je,,je,,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

burnout in Fort Wayne, Indiana

37 months ago

put him to work, and if you don't like his work... fire him! Pipefitters usually don't do interviews anyway. You either need em or you don't!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nhel padilla in Manila, Philippines

37 months ago

no,,, your wrong,,, that is not the option you do,,,be a professional,,they need a work,,they need to support their fanacial everyday,, then if they are not qualified then you demote them as a pipe fitter helper,,, well im sorry 4 saying this,,, i dont aquire your suggestion,,,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ed in United Kingdom

36 months ago

nhel padilla in Manila, Philippines said: no,,, your wrong,,, that is not the option you do,,,be a professional,,they need a work,,they need to support their fanacial everyday,, then if they are not qualified then you demote them as a pipe fitter helper,,, well im sorry 4 saying this,,, i dont aquire your suggestion,,,

Pipe fitter ka kabayan|?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jose in Maputo, Mozambique

35 months ago

nhel padilla in Manila, Philippines said: give him a isometric drawing and let him to stimate how many length of pipes they are going to use,,,sizes, fittings,, name them all,,namely also kinds of valve & flanges,,and command him to layout or fabricate j4 piece 90 degree elbow,,, bcoz some pipe fitters are not really pipe fitter they called are pipe figthers,,,je,,je,,

its ok 4 me to show u wat i got and i can prove to you that i am not a pipe figther.coz telling the truth your question is only a basic.just for me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ed in Rawtenstall, United Kingdom

35 months ago

nhel padilla in Manila, Philippines said: no,,, your wrong,,, that is not the option you do,,,be a professional,,they need a work,,they need to support their fanacial everyday,, then if they are not qualified then you demote them as a pipe fitter helper,,, well im sorry 4 saying this,,, i dont aquire your suggestion,,,

Kabayan, anong position mo na sa Pipefiting kasi baka mangailangan pa kami ng isang instructor dito sa work ko.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

success in Johannesburg, South Africa

19 months ago

nhel padilla in Manila, Philippines said: give him a isometric drawing and let him to stimate how many length of pipes they are going to use,,,sizes, fittings,, name them all,,namely also kinds of valve & flanges,,and command him to layout or fabricate a 4 piece 90 degree elbow,,, bcoz some pipe fitters are not really pipe fitter they called are pipe figthers,,,je,,je,,

how do you fabricate a 4 piece 90 degree elbow?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

william in Europe

18 months ago

louie in Binangonan, Philippines said: i just wanted to have an idea on what will be the interview question, hoping also for a sample answer to the questions. thanks

Most frequent asked Question are the following:

>Focus on the Piping Isometric drawing,in that piece of paper they will get questions from it,so be familliar on what information written there.

e.g.
A. Piping Related Symbols,(vavles & acronyms.)

B. Piping offset calculations(45 & 90 degrees)

C.draw iso. Drawing using wire shaping/bending base on the Iso drawing.& orthographic projection (drawing) recognitions

D.retain in your mind the computation formula practically.

E.orientation/coordination(north/easting,elevation)

F.Tools/safe and productivity.(behaviour)

This is base on my experience when it comes to verbal & written Interview.I hope that it could help others to inspires in getting on an interview.good luck for the firstimers.

Thank you,
William.@ qatar

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.