Local UA 495 Cambridge,Ohio Apprentice Program Questions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Bearded Dragon in Richmond, Ohio

42 months ago

How hard is it to get into the local pipefitters union in cambridge,Ohio?
I took a apprentice test Tuesday and was told that they take only the top scores to advance to the interview stage and then they decide if they want you based on your interview,not your test scores.Who decides what people get the job and is it a waste of time if I have no relative in the union.
I know this is a lot of question but what kind of wages can I expect to make in the apprentice program?
Any help would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bigdawg in Liberty, Missouri

41 months ago

Doesnt matter if you know someone, if its a strong hall, they only want the best!if you get an interview, sell yourself, but dont be cocky!..address the committee, take your time with the answers!know what your applying for, hopefully they gave u a handbook...you will get a percentage of Journeymans wage if placed with a contractor..remember THE MOST IMPORTANT projects in the US are built by trusted well trained union tradesmen!

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Miller in Eddyville, Kentucky

41 months ago

I'd say it wouldn't be too difficult. I'm apprenticing here in kentucky for the UA. I didn't think i had a shot since I never got anywhere with the boilermakers union. I guess it just came down to test scores and my welding at vo-tech. I didn't know anyone in the union and have no fitting experience but my papers looked good. Hopefully you get in too

Down here we start out at about 13.47 per hour plus benefits, but journeymen max out around 27, that'll go up to 29 in june. i imagine you're hall would be much bigger than mine, we're still a small one. so you'd probably make a bit more. I hear the journeymen across the river from us make 34 an hour.

my interviewers consisted of about 4 contractors who just took notes and scored me, the apprenticship director and the apprenticeship coordinator. I believe that is it. I just talked to the two guys and the questions were simple. "How'd you hear about us?" "what're your hobbies?" "are you fine with travel?"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.