HELP !!!!!!!!! Is there anyone out there who can handle the job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 84)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Querida in Toronto, Ontario

65 months ago

jwrobichaux in New Orleans, Louisiana said: I have been working for three years in the GOM. every time they send someone to releave me, they fall short of what they say they are and gets fired. then i have to return from my days off early. is there anymore real fitters left?

Have you found anyone suitable yet? If not please forward compensation details to bwiexpat@yahoo.ca and I will forward my resume, trade certificates and supporting documents.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

alan rawlings in Cape Town, South Africa

65 months ago

jwrobichaux in New Orleans, Louisiana said: I have been working for three years in the GOM. every time they send someone to releave me, they fall short of what they say they are and gets fired. then i have to return from my days off early. is there anymore real fitters left?

please contact alan rawlings at kate.read@yahoo.co.za . Worked all over the world, with all kinds of people, do pipe fitting, installations, fabrication etc in the following industries, tyre factories, steel mills, water treatment, motor industry, Couga harbor, reverse osmosis etc. prepared to work anywhre in the world. UK passport.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ralph Starling in National City, California

65 months ago

I have over 30 years experience in the pipe trade mostly heavy industrial.
I think I can handle anything involving pipefitting.
I have no family and no ties that would prohibit me from undertaking this job.
you may contact me by email at slow_dun@yahoo.com if you would care to.

Thank you,
Ralph Starling

Ralph in National City, California

65 months ago

What is the GOM and I asure I can handle ANYTHING that invilves PIPE!
How do I contact you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jwrobichaux in New Orleans, Louisiana

65 months ago

there are many things other than fitting/welding that gose with this job. you have to have a work understanding of oil production. how the equipment works,how to regulate and estimate flow, how to lead others while working yourself, and GOM stands for the gulf of mexico.

ballardmic@yahoo.com in San Antonio, Texas

65 months ago

Mr. Robichaux I got you covered . Been fitting in the GOM since 1989 . Have worked for BP, CHEVRON, SHELL , GRIFFIN, ENERGY XXI, BOIS D'ARC, ETC. WORKED TX, LA, MS,MEXICO, VIRGIN ISLANDS .WILLING AND READY;

adam in Calgary, Alberta

65 months ago

jwrobichaux in New Orleans, Louisiana said: I have been working for three years in the GOM. every time they send someone to releave me, they fall short of what they say they are and gets fired. then i have to return from my days off early. is there anymore real fitters left?[/QUOTE

i'm a 4th year fitter/3rd year welder i just finished my 4th yr of school on feb 26 2009 i'm ready to work where ever. i still got alot to learn but i catch on quick and i take pride in my work. i only got 3 1/2 years experience in the alberta oil fields. please respond here or email me at phoque1979@hotmail.com thanks

ballardmic@yahoo.com in Vicksburg, Mississippi

65 months ago

jw, if you are serious about getting good relief for your hitch off how about giving me the name of your company or a email address or a phone number? my email is : ballardmic@yahoo.com

kind regards,
Mic

Chad McCann in Kelowna, British Columbia

65 months ago

Yes, I can handle the job. I have an Alberta Red Seal Journeyman (Interprovincial) Steamfitter/Pipefitter ticket and I have 13 years experience in the Alberta Oil/Gas industry. Over the last 6 years, I have held mainly supervisory or Foreman type positions, but I have no problem working on the tools. I am interested in working out of the country or overseas, but I am having trouble finding work that isn't through a recruitment agency or headhunter. How can I apply for the position? If anyone else has any overseas or local positions available, I would like to hear from you. cdmccann79@hotmail.com

Aaron in Cold Lake, Alberta

64 months ago

[All the REAL fitters are in Canada

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jrobichaux in New Orleans, Louisiana

64 months ago

6" pipe on the vert. 45's to the side with a travel of 6'-6 1/2".
it is also rolled 45 deg. out of sq. butt weld fittings,black iron pipe, and 6GR tig procedures. what is your cut length?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

5'10-1/2"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

if i got you right?

64 months ago

I need the rise and run to finish the trig

Chad in Kelowna, British Columbia

64 months ago

Cut length is 5' 11". No trig required. Travel is already given. Procedure has nothing to do with it. You call yourself a real fitter?

aaron in Edmonton, Alberta

64 months ago

1/2" for gap smarty pants

64 months ago

I'd like to meet a welder that would accept a 1/4" gap on a 6" TIG root. It's no surprise that you're not working.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ballardmic@yahoo.com in Palatka, Florida

64 months ago

Face it robochiaux - you cant handle it, Mr. 3 yrs in the GOM.

64 months ago

WHO SAYS IM NOT WORKIN

64 months ago

ok say i never senn iron get tigged

mic in Larose, Louisiana

64 months ago

thats ok -its also known as heliarc...and yes a tig welder will need a 5/32" gap or more depending on the pipe schedule

Aaron in Edmonton, Alberta

64 months ago

THANKS, i also lost some mm in the conversion, like duking it out though. At 1st i thought he was trying to explain an offset 45 angle.

64 months ago

OK, here we go. the length is 6'-6 1/2". that would be 78.5
you then multiply that by 1.414. then you have center to center on a two dimensional plan. to get the roll you then take the sum of the above and multiply it by 1.414 again to get your travel. it is called the box theory. you know, 3-D then you use the 4X4 formula to determine your take out. and if you didn't already know, it is a 3/16" spacing for this application. the anwser is 12'-3 13/16"
DRAFSMAN,DISIGNER,ENGENEER,and been fitting pipe for 26yr. i have been on my present project for 3yrs. make sure your nose is clean before you step off the porch agian son.(ballard) for all the rest, if you are not formiler with these steps or just did not under stand the question, i would be more then happy to chat about it.

64 months ago

apparently nobody understands the question. how does your cut length end up twice as long as your travel. it must be something in the water down there. are you sure your nose is clean?

64 months ago

so your (RISE) is 6'6-1/2" not your travel.

64 months ago

no your travel is 6'-6 1/2" your rise is determined by your answer to the first equation.

64 months ago

ok we are beating a dead horse here.

64 months ago

when you are fitting a 45 vert. on a 45 roll the 3-D box is really a rectangle. if you take the 45 and roll it 90deg. you will notice that it doesn't make it to the far lower corner on the adjacent side of the box. it will only travel haft way. so you must compound the formula to get the desired results.try and think about it.

64 months ago

there is a difference between jack fitters and rack fitters, you are most likely a rack fitter.

64 months ago

140,000 last year. 138,000 the year before. 36,563.95 so far this year. about 4000.00 a week. lack of understanding, arrogance, and a short temper while not get you there. I do my own welding, and i am typing this from my office. once again, i am recrutting a suitable replacement for my off days. e-mail is the above at hotmail. if you are not open minded and you think you know everything, this is not what you are looking for.

rhodes in Houston, Texas

64 months ago

I'm a welder/Pipefitter/SR.Piping Designer/Detailer, I sure get tired of sitting in this office, if you are for real about a job that pays good and allows me to actually be outside instead of at this desk all day everyday, then i would like a chance to talk with you.

64 months ago

jwrobichaux@hotmail.com
please forward a resume rhodes

mic in Vicksburg, Mississippi

64 months ago

well how goes it jwrobichaux in New Orleans. These articles of pipefitting and takeoffs are great but I was hoping to see who was willing to do some hiring and do some work. I probably won't make the money you are making, that is usually reserved for project mgrs., OIMs, and OPMs. However, during this week I did land a job with GIS and they have a new project with SHELL ( PERDIDO PLATFORM in 7800 ft of GOM water ) down by the YUCATAN PENISUALA - Alamidos Canyon ( my spelling may not be correct ) but I am always looking for good companies with challenging projects and good people.
Best Regards,
Mic Ballard

robertaplin@hotmail.com in Colorado Springs, Colorado

64 months ago

Mic
Do you have the contact information for that job? Are they still hiring? I really apreciate any information you can give me.

Thanks, Robert
robertaplin@hotmail.com

mic in Vicksburg, Mississippi

64 months ago

Sure, go to www.gisy.com
click on APPLY, there is also other information about the 60 year old company. Let me know how it goes.
Regards,
Mic

mlnlkn in North Augusta, South Carolina

64 months ago

I am the proud wife of a real pipe fitter.What's this all about?
What's the money? The PD? Is there travel pay? Is it a tobacco-free job?
I do the paperwork ,the calling ,the resumes being e-mailed,the taxes at the end of the year.All my husband wants to have to do is go to work.
We are travelers and we came home to do the taxes,stayed at the lake toolong with the fire and the water.
Bottom line,it's time to go back to work.
So if what your in bad need of is a REAL pipefitter,you just found one.
Looking forward to hearing back from you.

"Moe"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

ok, i know it was a trick question, but it is not BS. it is from a fitting test for kerr mcgee that we made in the 80's. not something they teach you because it not always necessary. it stump me the first three times i tried too. but it is real, and that is the answer.

JoeBobJr in Lolita, Texas

64 months ago

jwrobichaux in New Orleans, Louisiana said: ok, i know it was a trick question, but it is not BS. it is from a fitting test for kerr mcgee that we made in the 80's. not something they teach you because it not always necessary. it stump me the first three times i tried too. but it is real, and that is the answer.

I think it's funny how everyone was claiming their answer is right calling names and not one of them tried to explain how they actually got their answer. I can be honest up front I didn't even want to try to figure that one out. I've only got a about 5 or more years experience in pipefitting and can almost always get the pipe where it needs to go whether or not I have a blueprint, iso, or nothing at all. If I can't do it on paper I'll put the measurements out on the ground moving things around till I can get what I need. I've been in situations where I wasn't given an iso or any dimentions just told where the pipe needs to start and where it needs to end and I have to install it so that it looks like it belongs. Going around obsticles and all that. I think pipefitting is fun and I enjoy challenges. I'm not the best with blueprints, isos, or math but I can always seem to get the job done and make it look good at the same time.

Chris Christian in South Carolina

63 months ago

The fitter will try for a 1/8 gap but in the end its what the welder wants thats what he gets he the one that has to weld it.

rickster

62 months ago

how do you come with the 4x4 fomala on the take off I come up with 8&1/8inches for take off

Specter in El Cajon, California

62 months ago

Email me some conatct info I think I can fill the bill!

62 months ago

the 4X4 is a simple way to get the take out of most common fittings
what ever the size of the pipe is the root of your 4X4. if you are working with 6" pipe then the way it would go is 1/2 of 6" =3", 1/2 of 3"= 1 1/2", 1/2 of 1 1/2" = 3/4". then you take the anwsers and use them to get your take out. #1 and #2 = the take out of a 90. #2 and #4= the take out of a 45. #3 and #4= the take out of a butt weld flange and so on. test this out for your self, if you are using standerd fittings it should work and makesit easier to get your take outs if you are spooling alot of lines. dose not work with all fitting, so try it out before you get carried away.

beermantm in Palos Hills, Illinois

62 months ago

jwrobichaux,

Here is your original question:
6" pipe on the vert. 45's to the side with a travel of 6'-6 1/2".
it is also rolled 45 deg. out of sq. butt weld fittings,black iron pipe, and 6GR tig procedures. what is your cut length?

I was reading this thread and noticed you ask a question then give an answer which I still do not understand. You give a travel as the only measurement on a problem that looks like nothing more than a rolling offset. In order to solve a rolling offset you need the set+roll and not the travel. Why would you ever multiply a travel by 1.414? You use 1.414 to find the travel.

Also if you are on a vertical run you probably are never going to need to do a rolling offset since finding the set is usually a straight forward process. When you run horizontally you may find a spot where you may have to climb a few feet and over a few feet at the same time and you will need to figure a rolling offset. On a rare occasion that you can't drop a plumb bob for a vertical run you may need to do a rolling offset for a vertical run. I highly doubt you'll ever run into a situation where all you know is the travel length of your C2C measurement.

Your question also never mentions the fact that you are using butt weld flanges. You do have butt weld fittings in it but no mention of flanges. I don't understand how the flanges would make a difference to the length anyway.

I'm just not getting what you are asking I guess but now you got me thinking about this stuff.

Thanks

rickster

62 months ago

I don't understand how you come up with the answer 12'3"13/16 when you already give the travel, roll square + set square=sq.rt of whatever x the consecant of the angle of fitting.My answer is 5'10"3/8.

pickled in detroit, Michigan

62 months ago

what is a consecant?

rickster

62 months ago

I figure out you come with your c to c measurements but I coming up with the measurement 12'4"13/16 must be missing something on the take out,consecant is the term use in trigometry,pickled in Detroit

pipefitter1 in Utica, Michigan

61 months ago

6" 45 take out is 3.75in per 45 = 7.5 inches from 6' 6 1/2" it does equal 5' 11". Throw the trig away!! divide 6 4 times take the 2nd and 4th see example 6,3,1 1/2,3/4 = 3.75

61 months ago

go back and read the whole thing before you commit, there is a lot more to the problem than just the take out of the fittings

Trent in Abingdon, Virginia

60 months ago

It seems your defintion of TRAVEL is not the hypotenuse side of a triangle, but rather like the RUN. Currently I have four pipe fitting books, three of which refer to the TRAVEL as being the actual center to center measurement of the actual fabricated piece made to do the offsetting. However, the fourth book (which by the way has a Baton Rouge, Louisiana author) refers to the TRAVEL as the ADVANCE, or the "vertical" distance gained by this offset (center to center vertically). Basically these terms label the sides of a triangle, and are hard to follow without a defining diagram. You could call them PEANUT BUTTER, JELLY, and TOAST, but folks still need to know which side is which.

Now, considering the original information and question, it seems this problem could be interpreted two different ways. It seems it could be an offset made with 45 degree fittings and rotated OR spun 45 degrees on a horizontal plane. In this case the "TRAVEL" 78.5" X 1.414 = 111" center to center, 111" minus 7.875" (two 45 degree fittings and two 3/16" gaps)=103.125" or 8' 7 1/8" end to end piece of pipe. This is obviously not even close to your 12' 3 13/16" cut length. However, I did get closer using your figures, but it was with 60 degree fittings. In this case the offset is "rolled" around 45 degrees on a horizontal plane, not "rotated" around; and the pipe retains a 45 degree "incline" when viewed from its side. This involves the three dimensional rectangle including three triangles (two 45 degree right triangles and one 30, 60, 90 degree triangle). Using a piece of pipe 12' 3 13/16" long (or 147.813") and adding two 60 degree fittings (5.1957" end to center each) and two 3/16" gaps, the center to center measurement of the offset piping would be 158.579", or about 158 9/16" c to c. Now, using the formula: side adjacent divided by hypotenuse side = cosine of included angle (this would be 78.5 divided by 158.579 = .49502; the cosine of a 60 degree angle is .50

60 months ago

you need to look at it in a 3-D veiw.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.