Industrial Pipe Fitting Versus Maritime Pipe Fitting

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

lurpydurpyslurpy@yahoo.com in Guild, Tennessee

70 months ago

I am a journeyman pipe fitter. I have been fitting for 5 years on the industrial side of fitting, such as refineries, ethanol plants, paper mills, etc. I have decided to take on a shipyard job. I can pass most any fitters test on the industrial side, but I am a little worried about taking a fitters test on the maritime side. I am assuming pipe fitting is pipe fitting, regardless of where it is. What differences in the test should I expect? I have heard the prints are different in maritime from industrial, if so, in what ways? I served several years in the Navy, aboard Navy vessels, and I am familiar with the compartmentation of ships, but that's about it. If anybody has any answers and comments about what I should expect, I would appreciate it. Thanks, Larry P.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

guru4u1973 in Corpus Christi, Texas

61 months ago

Great question , I am an Industrial fitter, but all the jobs seem to be in the ship yards. I'm wondering how different it would be. guru4u1973@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Eric in Addison, Texas

48 months ago

Google various phrases related to Maritime+pipe+fitter / really think about all of the ways to ask or say it.

www.schoolsintheusa.com/careerprofiles_details.cfm?carid=1251

Here is a link, I hope this points you in the right direction.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.