What are the best plant manager qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Host

What is the best training for becoming a plant manager? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective plant manager?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

TINA in Conover, North Carolina

88 months ago

I'M A PLANT MANAGER IN NC AND HAVE BEEN FOR 5 YEARS. WORKED MY WAY FROM THE BOTTOM. I HAVEN'T BEEN COMPENSATED SINCE I WAS PUT IN THIS POSITION AND PUT ON SALARY WHICH IS ONLY $800 WEEK. IS THIS BECAUSE I'M A FEMALE? I HAVE MADE THE COMPANY LOTS OF MONEY AND THE CUSTOMERS AND THE VENDORS I WORK WITH THINK ALOT OF ME! IS MY SALAY BECAUSE I'M A WOMAN?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Jake Bennett in Akron, Ohio

83 months ago

TINA in Conover, North Carolina said: I'M A PLANT MANAGER IN NC AND HAVE BEEN FOR 5 YEARS. WORKED MY WAY FROM THE BOTTOM. I HAVEN'T BEEN COMPENSATED SINCE I WAS PUT IN THIS POSITION AND PUT ON SALARY WHICH IS ONLY $800 WEEK. IS THIS BECAUSE I'M A FEMALE? I HAVE MADE THE COMPANY LOTS OF MONEY AND THE CUSTOMERS AND THE VENDORS I WORK WITH THINK ALOT OF ME! IS MY SALAY BECAUSE I'M A WOMAN?

Hello Tina;
$800 a week is too low. I think you are being taken advantage of. Please send me your resume. We are looking for a Plant Mananger position. $80,000K. njbennett@cstnational.com
Thanks,

Jake

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bill in Clawson, Michigan

78 months ago

TINA in Conover, North Carolina said: I'M A PLANT MANAGER IN NC AND HAVE BEEN FOR 5 YEARS. WORKED MY WAY FROM THE BOTTOM. I HAVEN'T BEEN COMPENSATED SINCE I WAS PUT IN THIS POSITION AND PUT ON SALARY WHICH IS ONLY $800 WEEK. IS THIS BECAUSE I'M A FEMALE? I HAVE MADE THE COMPANY LOTS OF MONEY AND THE CUSTOMERS AND THE VENDORS I WORK WITH THINK ALOT OF ME! IS MY SALAY BECAUSE I'M A WOMAN?

It may be you spelling

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tina in Conover, North Carolina

78 months ago

bill in Clawson, Michigan said: It may be you spelling[/QUOI

YOUR NOT AT ALL FUNNY OR PROFESSIONAL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Christy Logan in Kailua Kona, Hawaii

77 months ago

To Bill, your grammar isn't the greatest so I wouldn't talk

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Tina in Conover, North Carolina

77 months ago

Thanks for your imput!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ancizar1 in Raleigh, North Carolina

72 months ago

Host said: What is the best training for becoming a plant manager? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective plant manager?

Project Management, automation, six sigma, lean manufacturing.
Hydraulics, Pneumatics, electro-mechanics, electricity, electronics, Layout.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tom in South Bend, Indiana

71 months ago

Your salary should be based on your abilities including communication. Your comment indicates you need to work on your communication skills. Poor writing skills and misspelled words would indicate your education level and abilities. Think about it!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ken Stafford in Puyallup, Washington

71 months ago

Greetings , My name Is Ken Stafford I possess an education in Commercial building an Industrial Engineering My background is Industrial logistics w/managment I am a family man Seeking Plant management to utilize my education and experience Im in my prime, I seek Industrial and have a great knowledge of 5(s) and a vast knowledge of all commodities, I posses a great deal of energy and a critical thinker , I look good in windows also very grounded from batatas to au grauton, very professional

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

ashok in Calgary, Alberta

65 months ago

Jake Bennett in Akron, Ohio said: Hello Tina;
$800 a week is too low. I think you are being taken advantage of. Please send me your resume. We are looking for a Plant Mananger position. $80,000K. njbennett@cstnational.com
Thanks,

Jake

Hi

May i know for which place is it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tmtrick in Knoxville, Tennessee

51 months ago

Host said: What is the best training for becoming a plant manager? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective plant manager?

Lean/Six Sima certification is in extremely high demand.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

LB in Bristol, Tennessee

47 months ago

It has everything to do with the fact that you type in all caps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.