What are the best quality manager qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What is the best training for becoming a quality manager? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective quality manager?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

Anco Blazev in Fresno, California

81 months ago

Host said: What is the best training for becoming a quality manager? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective quality manager?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

The most efficient QC/QA Managers have realized, and are completely comfortable with the fact, that they work with 10 people who don't like them, 10 people who hate them, and 50 people who have not made their mind yet. It gets confusing at times even for the best of us...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Meyeringgos6@Bellsouth.net in Pensacola, Florida

76 months ago

Anco Blazev in Fresno, California said: The most efficient QC/QA Managers have realized, and are completely comfortable with the fact, that they work with 10 people who don't like them, 10 people who hate them, and 50 people who have not made their mind yet. It gets confusing at times even for the best of us...

lol
................................................................................
................................................................................
"So have I become your enemy by telling you the truth?"---Former Christian killer Paul the Apostle, in his letter to the Galatians, chapter 4

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anco Blazev in Tempe, Arizona

76 months ago

As a continuation, upon successful completion of the assignment, the 10 people who didn't like you were fired, the 10 people who hated you were promoted and the 50 who couldn't make their minds are now fully convinced that you had something to do with all this, but are not sure what exactly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

fms in Adrian, Michigan

71 months ago

I am getting a kick out of these answers! At the same time I am sure they hold quite a bit of truth. I am a new Quality Manager and I am lacking self confidence and have learned that "they can smell fear"! I have desire to overcome this obstacle, but some days are better than others. This little tidbit I found here is already helping some. Thanks. (and I love the reference to Paul from Galatians!)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nima in Denver, Colorado

35 months ago

Dear Adrian,

just I was looking for myself about Quality Control Management qualifications and I found your comments about this tough question, I wonder if you find your answer somewhere else or from your experience, could you let me know as a senior what is your answer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.