becoming a quality engineer

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Lester Godfrey in Rockport, Massachusetts

70 months ago

Is it possible to gain the knowledge to become a CQE through the use of books and reference materials at home on my own time? Or is this something that requires a formal college education. I currently hold a position as a Q.A. Engineer and posses allot of the knowledge required for the job, unfortunately I am not certified and I am certain there is much more I must learn to become certified...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

quality guy in Leominster, Massachusetts

68 months ago

Lester Godfrey in Rockport, Massachusetts said: Is it possible to gain the knowledge to become a CQE through the use of books and reference materials at home on my own time? Or is this something that requires a formal college education. I currently hold a position as a Q.A. Engineer and possess a lot of the knowledge required for the job, unfortunately I am not certified and I am certain there is much more I must learn to become certified...

Lester, Use all your resources to gain knowledge. Are you familiar with ASQ? Their web site is www.asq.org. Training and Certification is available through ASQ. It is respected in the industry. Certainly some companies will NOT hire non-degreed Engineers. Their loss in my opinion.
Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LJS

67 months ago

Lester Godfrey in Rockport, Massachusetts said: Is it possible to gain the knowledge to become a CQE through the use of books and reference materials at home on my own time? Or is this something that requires a formal college education. I currently hold a position as a Q.A. Engineer and posses allot of the knowledge required for the job, unfortunately I am not certified and I am certain there is much more I must learn to become certified...

I don't have a college degree outside of an Associates in Industrial Supervision. It took me twice to pass the CQE ecam but it was worth it. If you understand the ASQ BOK you can pass.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.