What are typical receiving associate salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Glenn Lego in Rockford, Illinois

71 months ago

I was a Receiving Associate until I was laid off in July,2008 after working for a company 30 years. At the end I was at $17.00 per hour. Of course I had to work 30 years to get there. Some companies pay a lot less than that, some more depending on the size of the firm. Good skills to learn are operation of forklifts--get certified as an operator. Have at least a decent knowledge of using computers. Most of one's training is going to come from being on-the-job. That's about all I can tell you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Christina in Jackson, Michigan

65 months ago

What type of Math do you need to know to be a Receiving Associate?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lego678@hotmail.com in Machesney Park, Illinois

65 months ago

Christina in Jackson, Michigan said: What type of Math do you need to know to be a Receiving Associate?

Basic Math skills such as addition, subtraction, Multiplying, dividing, counting. It also helps to have at least some computer literacy, basic computer skills. This is after all receiving, not rocket science. Sorry for the sarcasm!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Christina in Jackson, Michigan

64 months ago

I think I can do that LOL Thank you. Yeah you never know now a days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lego678@hotmail.com in Machesney Park, Illinois

64 months ago

It depends on the company. Some salaries can be as low as the minimum wage. But for someone of experience it might be as high as $20.00 per hour or more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Syla in Cincinnati, Ohio

25 months ago

Some companies can start at $8 an hour, and can go up to $12 for beginners. Once you've been there long enough it goes up ofcourse. Receiving is fairly easy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

hard_worker in Johnson City, Tennessee

25 months ago

I Was a Receiving associate for 3.5 yrs and never got a raise 7.25/hr at at a huge Retail Store that has Package Pick-up. Back-breaking work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.