Considering getting certificate in the Receptionist/Clerical field and starting in this career, is it a worthwhile decision?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Danelle in Davenport, Iowa

46 months ago

Hello, I am 18 years old and just finishing up my GED testing. The other day in class, I was informed about a program at our local community college where students who completed high school or received their GED can get scholarships for programs to become certified in fields such as Receptionist/Clerical work, Certified Nursing Assistant, Home care Aide, and also a generous list of of manufacturing certifications. I am going to college within the next few years, but I was considering this quick program so that I could work over minimum wage until I go to college, rather than flipping burgers for $7.00 an hour for the next couple years. My question is: Is choosing the receptionist field a good decision in the current economy? As I would be just starting off, would it be impossible for me to find work because employers would be searching for candidates with several years of experience? Is the general work and pay even worth it?

Please, do not advertise your need for employment on this thread, because unfortunately, I cannot help you. :( Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.