Waist of time

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32)

Loren in Downey, California

81 months ago

I GO ON MANY INTERVIEWS AND SEND OUT SO MANY RESUMES AND COVER LETTERS GIVE SO MANY CALLS AND SAD TO SAY THAT THE COMPANIES SHOW NO RESPONSE. THEY DONT BOTHER TO CALL YOUR BACK AND TELL YOU IF THE POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED OR EVEN TO CALL YOU AND TELL YOU YOU HAVE NOT GOTTEN THE JOB ALL TOGETHER. THEY CALL YOU IN INTERVIEW YOU AND YOU NEVER HEAR BACK. ITS BEGGINGING TO BE A WASTE OF TIME FOR ME. IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A JOB FOR 4 WEEKS. I DO NOT KNOW IF ITS BECAUSE OF THE HOLIDAYS OR JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE REALLYD ONT CARE TO BOTHER. AS A BUSINESS I WOULD THINK SINCE THEY EXPECT ME TO BE PROFESSIONAL THEY WOULD SHOW ME THE SAME COURTESY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Unemployeed in West Palm Beach, Florida

81 months ago

Loren, I and many others have had the same experiences. HR is not doing a job if they don't get back to you. I think as I read in another post, you wouldn't want to work for a company that is not up to speed with the hiring process.

And to Don and Ty -This is not the place to saturate the entire website with your ads. INDEED should boot you can off the website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maureen in Sarasota, Florida

81 months ago

Loren in Downey, California said: I GO ON MANY INTERVIEWS AND SEND OUT SO MANY RESUMES AND COVER LETTERS GIVE SO MANY CALLS AND SAD TO SAY THAT THE COMPANIES SHOW NO RESPONSE. THEY DONT BOTHER TO CALL YOUR BACK AND TELL YOU IF THE POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED OR EVEN TO CALL YOU AND TELL YOU YOU HAVE NOT GOTTEN THE JOB ALL TOGETHER. THEY CALL YOU IN INTERVIEW YOU AND YOU NEVER HEAR BACK. ITS BEGGINGING TO BE A WASTE OF TIME FOR ME. IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A JOB FOR 4 WEEKS. I DO NOT KNOW IF ITS BECAUSE OF THE HOLIDAYS OR JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE REALLYD ONT CARE TO BOTHER. AS A BUSINESS I WOULD THINK SINCE THEY EXPECT ME TO BE PROFESSIONAL THEY WOULD SHOW ME THE SAME COURTESY.

I feel the same way I went to so many companies in person to fill out applications also I called by phone and spoke with people saying, oh just come in and fill out an applicaton only and when you do that you never hear back not even a letter of thank you note for applying for a position. I recently went on one back in November filled out an application then called a week later and finally spoke with a manager by phone she set up an appointment another week later after that because she was going out of town on vacation. I finally went for my interview spent about alittle over a hour with her interviewing and she did ask alot of questions, and had alot of my personal information like my job application ssn# and so forth along with my resume. I waited about another week and called her again she said I cannot give you an answer as of yet I am still waiting to here from personnel dept fine I let it go at that thanking her for her time and let her know I was still interested in the position and she said she would get back to me. Here it is January 8th and I still never got a call or letter from the company stating whether the postion has been filled or not. I really would have liked to gotten this job but at this point I think I should give up, and I called the manager the twice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed Property Manager in West Palm Beach, Florida

81 months ago

Maureen, Don't call them. I won't bother any more for two reasons 1. Advice here on Indeed from others and 2.it's not worth the phone call to a company who can't follow up. I am giving up with getting any responses from companies I interviewed for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

K in Temple, Texas

81 months ago

Loren in Downey, California said: I GO ON MANY INTERVIEWS AND SEND OUT SO MANY RESUMES AND COVER LETTERS GIVE SO MANY CALLS AND SAD TO SAY THAT THE COMPANIES SHOW NO RESPONSE. THEY DONT BOTHER TO CALL YOUR BACK AND TELL YOU IF THE POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED OR EVEN TO CALL YOU AND TELL YOU YOU HAVE NOT GOTTEN THE JOB ALL TOGETHER. THEY CALL YOU IN INTERVIEW YOU AND YOU NEVER HEAR BACK. ITS BEGGINGING TO BE A WASTE OF TIME FOR ME. IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A JOB FOR 4 WEEKS. I DO NOT KNOW IF ITS BECAUSE OF THE HOLIDAYS OR JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE REALLYD ONT CARE TO BOTHER. AS A BUSINESS I WOULD THINK SINCE THEY EXPECT ME TO BE PROFESSIONAL THEY WOULD SHOW ME THE SAME COURTESY.

I am in a position that handles resumes, applications and such as well as sets up interviews. Sometimes it takes weeks from the time an application has been filled out in HR until it gets in my hands.

Also realize that lots of times a lot of people apply for a job and the first people who get interviews are the first applications that get sent up. When you have lots of options you weed out the others quickly. We never call the people whose applications do not interest us.

I have been on both sides, and now I know why I had such a difficult time getting a job 13 years ago. I have even had a difficult time moving within a large company. HR has lost my transfer paper work numerous times.

Keep on trying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Loren in Befflower, California

81 months ago

i feel the same way like i should give up. it seems to be a waste of time. but at the same time its not in me to sit around and do nopthing which is why i have still been looking. i am going to a job fair today. i heard those are gud to go too. also. i had an interview witha company 2 days before new years. i loved how the interview went i felt great about it i just jknew i was going to get the job. but over a week went by and i heard nothin. mind u this is a job who needed a receptionist asap. when i went in they didnt have one. i finally called, and one of the women who hired me got let go, the other one finally picked up and said they hired someone else. u would think they would have a receptionist with better english skills. this chick said "uhm she dont work here no more" when iasked for the other woman who interviewd me. ugh. good luck on your search. dont give up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

you know i heard alot of complaints abouthuman recources. lol. from managers and all. Ive had some managers be truthful and tell me if we dont call you soon its because of hr. lol. But then there are some companies that dont go through hr. if i am applying for receptionist some companies have the owner interview and choose. and some such as when i was working a check into cash dont give it to anyone. my manager would jsut take them and puit them in a drawer never to be looked at again which is ridiculous. u just never know which one it is though. i believe since it was the holidays so many of the managers and iterviers were more worried about the vacations they had planned or just got back from which is sad. but who am i to say. I try realllly hard to get a job. its been since dec. 7th but i will only take an office job. iguess those are the hardest ones. i refuse to work at wallgreens

Maureen in Sarasota, Florida

81 months ago

Unemployed Property Manager in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Maureen, Don't call them. I won't bother any more for two reasons 1. Advice here on Indeed from others and 2.it's not worth the phone call to a company who can't follow up. I am giving up with getting any responses from companies I interviewed for.

I don't blame you I feel the same way. I think your right as far
as not to call them again. If they cannot take the time to follow up they are not worth working for!!! I guess the job market is just as bad in West Palm Beach as Sarasota area or maybe all over we must be headed for a recession I hope not.

ks in Huntington Station, New York

81 months ago

I feel that there should be laws that hold H.R.Depts accountable..such as if you have had a FACE TO FACE interview they are required to communicate a yes or no answer if you are being considered for the job and follow that up in writing. Also if it is a telephone interview they should also be required to send in writing an answer, and in a TIMELY MANNER. If this is too much work for them,then hire people to do it. I am a Property/Building/Facility Manager with 20 plus yrs experience. I left a building because I was Fire Safety Director in NYC and my owner would not spend the money to repair the systems that were required by the NYCFD. Being personally and legally responsible I left. So when I go to an interview they ask why I left and usually the answer is met with a stupid look especially firms that don't understand Facility Management. Agencies are the worst unless there specialty is real estate. I think the majority of H.R. Departments are in there own little world and don't know what goes on in the workplace. Also MOST of them do not understand what it takes to be a Facility Manager..they think we sit in our office all day. Sorry for sounding bitter but I am. Also just a little info, my owner bought a half share in a lear jet but wouldn't repair his buildings.

Rosemarie in West Babylon, New York

81 months ago

I have been out of work since 12/4. I also have sent out many a resume. In the beginning here on Long Island there was perhaps one position open a week. Now after the new year I have noticed that the market has started to open a bit. I also find out that employers are looking for employees to do a whole lot more for the money. I just would be happy with an interview.I am a very good typist and hard worker, but people dont know that by the resume. With over 40 years of experience I am probably in the top salary of my field and maybe that turns off perspective employers. They also see the experience and perhaps in their minds calculate the age. I dont know. Just keep trying and hopefully you and I will get the position that is right for us. Good Luck!

ks in Huntington Station, New York

81 months ago

Hi Rosemarie. I have been out since 12/06 so I know the feeling. Thank you for the nice message..hope we both get hired soon..take care!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

omg.. i so understand. when i go on interviews they expect me not to say anything bad about my job whichis crazy. they fired me over something so small... reallyyy i knew she was looking for a reason to fire me. so knowing that i have bills to pay of course im gonna be smart and look for another job. i only took the job because trhey hired me on the spot and i needed to pay rent and stuff. she came in one day when i was off and went through my desk went through my trash and went through the computer and the fax machine. she found my resume in the fax machine which was my fault completely i take responsibilities for my actions.. but mine u i was working in the store ALONE at least 2 days out of the week.. for 10 hours or more... no help just me and a bunch of customers... monday-sat. sun off... she accused me of reading the enws paper because she found one in the trash can. mind u i live 30 min away from work so on lunch i just stay at my desk. besides that i dont read the newspaper i take out the sunday coupons and throw the rest away. she also went through a computer i didnt use. and found some websites i have never gone too... but when i tried to tell her that wasnt me she interrupted me.. and she told my manager not to tell me she went through my trash. she was being sneaky.. abnd looking for something. i never actually gacve her a reason too.. i worked my butt off for that company and did things i didnt feel comfortable doing.. i was demanded to do some things and i didnt like it at all... my safety was not insured and they asked me to do unrational things that would get me in trouble. aside from that my old manager was harrasing me and talking about me in another language. i told my district manager the same lady who0 terminated me.. and she did NOTHING. she covered for him because she makes most of her money off of him. he also... did things agaisnt company policy such as brought in a friend and let his friend in the back of the office which u cannnot do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

you know what. your resume doesnt tell everything. they havwe to get you in there and see what u can do. they also have o take the time to get to know you. i too am a hard worker i get my job done no matter WHAT. but peopledont know that from an interview either. especially because when u go on interviews u have to be fake.and the world has to be perfect and u have to smile all the time. they dontk now the realll you.. and they only see an image of what they want when u walk in. i strongly believe that if they dont like what they see when they walk in they have it set in there minds they are going another route. especially women becausewomen are so moody ive actually seen women look at me awkward and its so uncomfortable to be sitting there smiling at this person u know is not interested. ive had a group interview and had managers tell me i was great and 1 person out of 4 said she didnt like me. and asked me personal questions. its hard. DONT GIVE UP. IF UR TOP AND U HAVE ALL OF YOUR SKILLS U SOMEHOW HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO LET THEM KNOW THAT. BECAUSE THEY REALLY COULD CARE LESS. THATS HOW PPL ARE AND ITS SAD. BUT I ALSO WITH U THE BEEEEEEEEEEST OF LUCK.

81 months ago

same to u. even though i want to give up i owe it to myself not too.. GOOD LUCK! DONT GIVE UP.

81 months ago

IT FEELS NICE TO BE ABKLE TO TALK TO PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAD AND ARE GOING THROUGH WHAT I AM. THANK U TO ALL OF YOU! NOW I KNOW ITS NOT JUST ME. BUT THIS IS A PROBLEM THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED. IVE BEEN ON AN INTERVIEW WITH A MAN WHO GOT MAD AT ME BECAUSE I DIDNT CALL HIM RIGHT BACK WHEN I TOLD HIM I WOULD CALL HIM WHEN I KNEW I HAD A DAY OFF WHICH WAS 5 DAYS AWAY. HE THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO CALL HIM THE NEXT DAY. I GO IN FOR AN INTERVIEW AND HE WALKS OUT AND FORGETS ABOUT ME. THE WHOLE STORE CLOSED DOWN AND I CALLED HIM AND TOLD HIM I WAS STILL THERE.. AND HOURT LATER... U WOULD THINK THAT THEY WOULD SHOW U THE SAME RESPECT THEY EXPECT YOU TO GIVE THEM. THEY EXPECT U TO CALL THEM TO ASK ABOUT YOUR RESUME. BUT THEY WONT CALL U BACK OR CALL U AT ALL TO LET U KNOW INTERVIEW OR IF U GOT IT OR NOT. ITS ALL RUDE..

Reverse Funnel System in Fall River, Massachusetts

81 months ago

Take a look guys you will never regret it. Im 19 my brother is 27. We bought new cars and are workin on a house for the summer time only a few months into the system! its no joke check it out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Reverse Funnel System in Fall River, Massachusetts

81 months ago

LAM in New Bedford, Massachusetts

81 months ago

I have to say, that in your post here u wrote - begginning and waist (waste was what you wanted). If you are not using the utmost professionalism - and spell check! - you will not have much luck in landing an administrative position.

Loren in Downey, California said: I GO ON MANY INTERVIEWS AND

SEND OUT SO MANY RESUMES AND COVER LETTERS GIVE SO MANY CALLS AND SAD TO

SAY THAT THE COMPANIES SHOW NO RESPONSE. THEY DONT BOTHER TO CALL YOUR BACK AND TELL YOU IF THE POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED OR EVEN TO CALL YOU AND TELL YOU YOU HAVE NOT GOTTEN THE JOB ALL TOGETHER. THEY CALL YOU IN INTERVIEW YOU AND YOU NEVER HEAR BACK. ITS BEGGINGING TO BE A WASTE OF TIME FOR ME. IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A JOB FOR 4 WEEKS. I DO NOT KNOW IF ITS BECAUSE OF THE HOLIDAYS OR JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE REALLYD ONT CARE TO BOTHER. AS A BUSINESS I WOULD THINK SINCE THEY EXPECT ME TO BE PROFESSIONAL THEY WOULD SHOW ME THE SAME COURTESY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LAM in New Bedford, Massachusetts

81 months ago

Using spell check - to fix begginning and "waist" for waste, might help If you want to do correspondence for a professional company, make sure YOUR correspondence to them is professional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

suzanne in Newton Lower Falls, Massachusetts

80 months ago

JUST A SUGGESTION: YOU SHOULD USE SPELL CHECK BECAUSE YOUR ENTRY HAD MANY TYPOS AND IT IS PROBABLY OFF-PUTTING TO THE COMPANIES THAT YOU ARE APPLYING TO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

deansuraci in Cornwall On Hudson, New York

80 months ago

MY FEELING IS THAT IF YOU SEND IN A RESUME AND THE COMPANY CALLS YOU FOR AN INTERVIEW AND YOU GO ON THE INTERVIEW - THEN, IF AFTERWARDS YOU DON'T GET THE JOB THE COMPANY SHOULD SEND YOU AN EMAIL OR CONTACT YOU SOMEHOW AND SAY SORRY BUT WE ARE GOING WITH ANOTHER CANDIDATE TO FILL THIS POSITION. THAT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO, IT IS THE ONLY THING TO DO. IT IS SO WRONG, UNRESPECTFUL, RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL, AND, IMMORAL WHEN YOU HAVE GONE ON AN INTERVIEW AND THEY NEVER CONTACT YOU AGAIN. THE PREPARATION AND TIME THAT GOES INTO PREPARING FOR AN INTERVIEW AND NOTHING, NO RESPONSE!!! IF YOU DON'T GET THE POSITION THEY SHOULD TELL YOU IN AN EMAIL. I'VE BEEN THERE LIKE SO MANY HERE. THEY ARE SMUCKS FOR NOT TELLING YOU. THAT IS PUTTING IT NICELY. I UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DON'T DO IT, BECAUSE OF TIME RESTRAINTS, PEOPLE AND BUSINESSES ARE SO SO SO BUSY TODAY, WE LIVE IN AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE THINGS ARE FAST-PACED FAST-PACED FAST-PACED AND BUSY BUSY BUSY SO MANY THINGS TO DO. BUT JUST BECAUSE I UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DO IT, IT DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT ONE BIT, IT IS STILL WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

THE POSTER OF THIS FORUM in Downey, California

79 months ago

<B><FONTSIZE=7> JUST A SUGGESTION TO ALL OF THE PPL WHO DECIDED TO SPELL CHECK THIS. I WAS NOT WRITING THIS PERFECTLY I WAS WRITING IT OUT OF ANGER. IM NOT TRYING TO GET A JOB BY POSTING MY FEELINGS JUST VENTING.. AND N THAT CASE I CAN OR KAN USE WATEVR KIND OF SPELLING I CHOOSE. IM NOT ILLITERATE BUT I DO TEXT AND INSTANT MESSAGE AND MYSPACE ALOT WHICH PPL TEND TO ABBREVIATE AND REALLY NOT CARE HOW THEY R SPELLING THINGS FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT IT REALLY IS IRRELEVANT. SO I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF U WOULD JUST STOP TELLING ME THAT. BECAUSE I DID NOT WANT TO SPELL CHECK IT AND IF IM MAD AND IM TYPING IM TRYING TO GET OUT MY FEELINGS NOT GO BACK AND CORRECT ANYTHING. MY RESUME IS GREAT. THATS ALL THAT MATTERS THIS FORUM WAS POSTED TO VENT AND TO LET OTHERS VENT. BUT THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE TRYING TO TEAR U DOWN!! THANKS FOR ALL THE PPL WHO WERE NICE IN THEIR REPLIES BECAUSE SOME PPL FEEL THE SAME WAY!! SIMPLE AS THAT!!! PLZ DONT POST ANYMORE U "SPELL CHECK" POSTS. IM NOT STUPID... ITS CALL CHOICES AND DECISIONS!!! IM EMPLOYED... SO... ASIDE FROM THE FACT THAT U RUDE PPL THINK UR LIKE REALLY GIVING ME GUD INFO.. UR NOT. UR TICKIN ME OFF BECAUSE PPL REALLY THINK THEY ARE BETTER THAN THE NEXT! HOWZ THIZ 4 A SPELL CHEK!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

LAM in New Bedford, Massachusetts said: Using spell check - to fix begginning and "waist" for waste, might help If you want to do correspondence for a professional company, make sure YOUR correspondence to them is professional.

AND FOR U. MY RESUME IS FINE. I DONT NEED U TO SPELL CHECK A VENTING POSTER. I AM VERY PROFESSIONAL WHEN IT COMES TO MY PROFESSION I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A CORRESPONDENCE BY POSTING A FORUM IF I WANTY ANY REPLIES ILL SEND THEM A RESUME.. WHICH MY RESUME ONCE AGAIN IS FINE! I HAD A PROFFESOR OF SAN DEIGO STATE GO OVER IT AND PRETTY MUCH LIKED IT THANK U! AND AS FOR WAIST. I WAS UPSET WHEN I WROTE THE FORUM AND FOR SOME ODD REASON I ACTUALLY DID TRY TO FIX JUST THE TITLE OF IT. BUT COULD NOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME FIGURE OUR HOW OR EVEN TO DELETE IT. SO GET OFF MY BACK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

deansuraci in Cornwall On Hudson, New York said: MY FEELING IS THAT IF YOU SEND IN A RESUME AND THE COMPANY CALLS YOU FOR AN INTERVIEW AND YOU GO ON THE INTERVIEW - THEN, IF AFTERWARDS YOU DON'T GET THE JOB THE COMPANY SHOULD SEND YOU AN EMAIL OR CONTACT YOU SOMEHOW AND SAY SORRY BUT WE ARE GOING WITH ANOTHER CANDIDATE TO FILL THIS POSITION. THAT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO, IT IS THE ONLY THING TO DO. IT IS SO WRONG, UNRESPECTFUL, RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL, AND, IMMORAL WHEN YOU HAVE GONE ON AN INTERVIEW AND THEY NEVER CONTACT YOU AGAIN. THE PREPARATION AND TIME THAT GOES INTO PREPARING FOR AN INTERVIEW AND NOTHING, NO RESPONSE!!! IF YOU DON'T GET THE POSITION THEY SHOULD TELL YOU IN AN EMAIL. I'VE BEEN THERE LIKE SO MANY HERE. THEY ARE SMUCKS FOR NOT TELLING YOU. THAT IS PUTTING IT NICELY. I UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DON'T DO IT, BECAUSE OF TIME RESTRAINTS, PEOPLE AND BUSINESSES ARE SO SO SO BUSY TODAY, WE LIVE IN AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE THINGS ARE FAST-PACED FAST-PACED FAST-PACED AND BUSY BUSY BUSY SO MANY THINGS TO DO. BUT JUST BECAUSE I UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DO IT, IT DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT ONE BIT, IT IS STILL WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU KNOW WHATS CRAZY TO ME IS HOW COMPANIES REALLY REALLY ARE ALWAYS HIRING BUT FOR SOME ODD REASON HAVE THE HARDEST TIME DOING IT EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE PEOPLE SO MANY APPLICANTS. SOME COMPANIES WONT EVEN LOOK AT THE APPLICATIONS. AND THEY WILL SIT THERE FOREVER AND NO ONE EVER TOUCH IT!!!! AND IT IS WRONG. WE LIVE IN A COUNTRY WHERE NO ONE GIVES A *BLEEP* ABOUT ANYONE BUT THEMSELVES AND ITS SAD TO SAY. A COUNTRY WHERE COPS CAN GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING. AND ANYONE WHO KNOWS SOMEONE CAN GET THEM OFF... ITS SAD. A COUNTRY WHERE THE GUD WORKERS GET FIRED BUT THE BOSS WHO WAS OVER HER WAS BREAKING COMPANY RULES TO GET HIMSELF AHEAD AND TALK ABOUT PPL IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE. ITS CRAZY!

79 months ago

Spell check is used for business purposes. I had an issue with someone who did a spell check on me and it was silly. I agree that txt msgs. etc. you use abbreivations. It's easier and quicker. As for HR or anyone who interviews you they should get back to you. I just heard from a company I applied to 4 months ago!! I also found out that they put you "on hold" because you were not their first choice. If the first choice does not work out they call you. It has happend to me and I told them if I wasn't your first pick I won't work for you period!! Sounds tough but I am not a second best!!

79 months ago

Right on Displaced!! I'm happy to be back online giving my opinions (for what they are worth anyway lol). CU LTR or is that see you later or see you letter lol.

weary in Randallstown, Maryland

79 months ago

ya i am with you thank god my husband has a job or /i could see why people do what they do its not right but its desparate united states land of no jobs .

mari in Lynn, Massachusetts

76 months ago

God the economy is bad, no one had called me back to and when i call them i get there voicemail and i leave messages they still dont call me back. its very strange what employers want today some are willing to train i know that but if they want to be so picky they will lose money on there companies thats all they lose we gain we evenutally get a job where we are wanted and appreciated just for calling and being a pest the companies that are picky i dont want to work for them. i know people with degrees who ant even good at there jobs and thats why companies should give people a chance.

Looking out for the stupid ones in New Bedford, Massachusetts

76 months ago

Hmm...maybe you're using all caps on your resume, and poor grammar like you're showing here? Just a thought....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Looking out for the stupid ones ;) in New Bedford, Massachusetts

76 months ago

Looking out for the stupid ones ;) in New Bedford, Massachusetts said: Your grammar makes me want to puke...I hope you're not applying to anywhere but Mcdonald's or the local movie theater, because nobody else will hire such an idiot!!QUOTE]
Gud?!?!?!?

Cathy in Spartanburg, South Carolina

75 months ago

Maybe you need to do a spell check on your resume' and cover letter. I saw several mispelled words even in your entry here. ("Waist" should be spelled "waste"; you used the word for a body part). Even with entry level receptionist/office assistant type jobs, employers are usually looking for someone with excellent oral and written communication skills. I have 6+ years as a receptionist/front desk professional. I also have a B.A. and an M.A., good computer skills and excellent communication skills and I am still looking for a job after being laid off in January. We must do everything we can with excellence even to be considered for an interview. Four weeks is not that long for the job search process.

Still Looking in Spartanburg, South Carolina

75 months ago

I am also tired of the temp agencies who are all smiley and friendly and "yes, we will help you find a job" when you go in for the initial interview and testing. I have tested well on computer skills, receptionist and people skills and just the common-sense, decision- making and personality tests. I am signed on with 6 temp agencies and have only gotten one job offer through them. It was for a temp to perm position and I went for a week and was being trained when my little boy went into the hospital for several days and I couldn't come in. The company where I was training immediately replaced me with another temp; I have not heard back from this temp agency and that was two months ago. I email all my temp personnel people every week letting them know I am still here and still looking for full time employment. They could at least check in with me once in awhile to say that they are still trying to find me a position. I am getting disgusted with the whole thing!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.