Working in the recovery from addiction.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Kristy Cash in Arlington, Texas

40 months ago

I have ran up against many obstacles this week regarding getting a job in recovery. My background is I went to the Lubbock Faith Center for 4 and 1/2 years to learn a new way of life. The last 2 years I was there the Director, Mr. Fuller, asked me to be the Supervisor of the womans house. That lasted 2 years due to budget cuts so the womans facility merged with the mens facility making it co-ed. The change was an adjustment but everyone went in with a positive attitute which made the transistion go very smooth. Once the kinks where leveled out I decided, since i was 2 years into my sobriety, I decided to come back home to the dfw are. My passion is recovery and helping others but finding a job with out a certificate or degree is next to impossible. I feel I am very knowledgeable of the 12 step program because working it on a daily basis has save my life. My life long dream is to make a living in recovery and I'm reaching out by any means necessary to at least attempt on my part. My recovery comes first and when I see a new comer come through the doors for the first time it takes me back to the first day i walked in the doors. I'm not asking for anything but a change to prove to you I can do this job and be excellent, loving, and compationate while doing it. Please give me the opportunity i will not let you know. Thank you and have a very blessed day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lori1010 in Dayton, Ohio

39 months ago

Kristy Cash in Arlington, Texas said: I have ran up against many obstacles this week regarding getting a job in recovery. My background is I went to the Lubbock Faith Center for 4 and 1/2 years to learn a new way of life. The last 2 years I was there the Director, Mr. Fuller, asked me to be the Supervisor of the womans house. That lasted 2 years due to budget cuts so the womans facility merged with the mens facility making it co-ed. The change was an adjustment but everyone went in with a positive attitute which made the transistion go very smooth. Once the kinks where leveled out I decided, since i was 2 years into my sobriety, I decided to come back home to the dfw are. My passion is recovery and helping others but finding a job with out a certificate or degree is next to impossible. I feel I am very knowledgeable of the 12 step program because working it on a daily basis has save my life. My life long dream is to make a living in recovery and I'm reaching out by any means necessary to at least attempt on my part. My recovery comes first and when I see a new comer come through the doors for the first time it takes me back to the first day i walked in the doors. I'm not asking for anything but a change to prove to you I can do this job and be excellent, loving, and compationate while doing it. Please give me the opportunity i will not let you know. Thank you and have a very blessed day.

I am in the same boat. But reality, no matter how much we know we have to have that little peice of paper. so I have ben looking for a college that will help me. If antone has any siggestions that would be great

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.