need a job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

jo13899

65 months ago

i am unemployed no more unemployment benefits l am and have been ooking for work as office, clerica, accts pay and rec clerk no luck i have 10 pus yrs ny one know of anything in ft myers f or surrounding areas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Aundine in Phoenix, Arizona

65 months ago

Register with ALL the temp agencies you can find. Temp agencies find job from temporary to temp to hire to direct hire. You can go into any search engine and punch in temporary staffing and a lot of listings will come up.

Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jo13899

65 months ago

Aundine in Phoenix, Arizona said: Register with ALL the temp agencies you can find. Temp agencies find job from temporary to temp to hire to direct hire. You can go into any search engine and punch in temporary staffing and a lot of listings will come up.

Good luck

thanks i have done that and so many more out of state as well i have been looking for months now and i am packing the house for storage and i have sod things to pay for this at east what i can savage when i get a job i will have some of the things i have i will have to be out of here in 2 weeks so my time is limited but thanks for the help i even posted ad in newspaper but nothing anyways appreciate it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

I don't want to come off as a jerk, but to be very honest, I really didn't understand any of what you wrote above! You don't have clear sentences and your grammar isn't very good. If you have applied on line and communicated this way, that might be part of the reason you are having a hard time. Temp agencies prefer people who present themselves well and communicate well.

There are free classes on line to help with grammar and sentence structure. That could help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jo13899

65 months ago

sorry my laptop is messing up. I have applied and continue to do so any where and everywhere. Thanks but i am packing now i have to move out of my place, I appreciate the in sight, I will continue to look for work as i sleep in my car Most of the jobs that reply are ones who want you to pay for something or they want a copy of credit report. i can not and will not send a report out to me this is not a real job any ways thanks

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

65 months ago

If you are sleeping in your car - then it's time to start hounding the government.

Apply for food stamps. You should get them without a problem.
Apply for welfare.

Do you have family you can move in with? Look on craigslist and see if you can find someone to move in with. You can get an apartment in Atlanta for $300 a month.

Are you qualified for substitute teaching? That is what I have been doing for over a year - and it's better than nothing. It stretched my 26 weeks of unemployment benefits to a year.

jo13899

65 months ago

I HAVE APPLIED FOR FOOD STAMPS MONEY ETC THERE IS A 30 -45 WAIT PERIOD DETERMINATION.... I HAVE BEEN ON CRAIGS LIST FOR MONTHS LOOKING FOR ROOMMATE FOR MY PLACE BUT I HAVE NO MORE INCOME I DO NOT EVEN GET UNEMPLOYMENT ANY MORE SO, I COULD NOT EVEN MOVE IN WITH ANY ONE. NO FAMILY I AM ALONE.. NOT A TEACHER I HAVE APPLIED FOR EVERYTHING IN AND OUT OF MY FIELD. THE PEOPLE I HAVE CONTACTED AGAIN SAID THEY ARE GETTING OVER 200 RESUMES PER DAY
IT IS REAL HARD TO GET JOBS. TEMP AGENCY ARE NOT EVEN GETTING THAT MANY JOBS IN FOR PEOPLE AND IF THEY DO THEY PAY VERY LITTLE AND WANT ALOT OF DEGREES SO MY ONLY OPTION WAS TO SELL WHAT I COUD AND PUT THE REST IN STORAGE AND USE MY VEHICLE

Jason in Woodbridge, Virginia

65 months ago

jo13899 said: i am unemployed no more unemployment benefits l am and have been ooking for work as office, clerica, accts pay and rec clerk no luck i have 10 pus yrs ny one know of anything in ft myers f or surrounding areas

If you can't find any work then try Postingassistant.com's service. It'll get your resume noticed by tons of hiring employers in your field of interest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jo13899

65 months ago

that cost money but thanks anyways when i say i have no money i mean no money

65 months ago

jo13899 said: that cost money but thanks anyways when i say i have no money i mean no money

we'll we have a service for only $9.99 if you happen to get that amount of many then just come back and we can provide resume posting service to you. Thank you for checking us out!

jo13899

65 months ago

thank you for the offer but i do not have 10 dollars if i had 10 dollars i would go buy something to eat instead of eating every other day a can of soup thanks anyways but this does not help me

65 months ago

jo13899 said: thank you for the offer but i do not have 10 dollars if i had 10 dollars i would go buy something to eat instead of eating every other day a can of soup thanks anyways but this does not help me

Just consider the ten dollars as an investment in your future. Ten dollars can take you a long way. I've read all of your postings on this forum and it seems to me you have a big problem, Money and lack of jobs, just about a problem for 14.5 million people living in America. Now I offer a resume posting service that gives you an advantage in this job market to put your resume in position to get noticed by hundreds and thousands of employers that is almost guranteed to land you a job, a $50 job for only $10. This investment can can put food on your table and a roof over your head. All is required is $10. Take the risk, it's worth it! Postingassistant.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jo13899

65 months ago

thank you i apprecite the offer of reduction but i just can not spend it i need the food i have no income at all this is all i have left thanks again

65 months ago

Tell a friend about us, I'm sure we can help them out a great deal. Thanks for taking the time and good luck on your job searching!

Peggy in Sarasota, Florida

64 months ago

Jason in Woodbridge, Virginia said: Just consider the ten dollars as an investment in your future. Ten dollars can take you a long way. I've read all of your postings on this forum and it seems to me you have a big problem, Money and lack of jobs, just about a problem for 14.5 million people living in America. Now I offer a resume posting service that gives you an advantage in this job market to put your resume in position to get noticed by hundreds and thousands of employers that is almost guranteed to land you a job, a $50 job for only $10. This investment can can put food on your table and a roof over your head. All is required is $10. Take the risk, it's worth it! Postingassistant.com

What MAY be a good idea and a PAYOFF to you Jason would be to OFFER to help her and give her the service for free for a month - and see what that does instead of tossing brick to a person UNDERWATER. I cannot believe you cannot read her need for help. May you never be in her shoes.

64 months ago

First of all, Jason, STOP IT WITH THE $10 CRAP...UGH. You obviously have no clue about Monster, Career Builder, Jobing.com and all the other millions of places a resume can be posted for FREE! You are on a site that provides FREE job applying. No one should EVER pay to post a resume... ever. I don't care how small the amount.

The best bet are temp agencies. They are better equip to find jobs right away for people when you are in dire straights and they DON'T CHARGE.

I'm thinking Jo3899's biggest problem wasn't so much as the problems they are having now, but their problem of NOT being as proactive about finding a job as they should have been earlier in the loss. People apply for unemployment and see it as a blanket of forever. It should always be considered temporary. Yes, I know people are out there, unemployed and having a hard time finding a job, but there are jobs out there. They MAY NOT be paying what you want, but you have to take can get when you are in dire straights. I have no clue where Jo3899 is, but unless it's a very very very small place, temp agencies are probably all over the place.

The problem with unemployment hitting us all so hard is LACK OF PLANNING. When you don't save, when you don't take care of benefits... you WILL eventually run into problems. Think about things, BEFORE you invest, even if it's in prosperous times. Think about whether or not you really need a NEW car... Savings will SAVE you in times of problems. Also, learn to PAY AHEAD... so if you run into problems will have time to recover. Everyone can save a little money. They choose not too...

64 months ago

Yes, I understand that you make money off of people who are a little lazy about filling out info for individual sites. But, let's face the fact, Jason or Seekajob, when you are looking for work, you should try to save money where you can and depending on someone because you are lazy is no excuse. In this case, your advice was pretty annoying considering Jo3899 TOLD YOU that they are living in their car at this point. So pushing them for $10 is capitalism at it's best, but does it help an already horribly bad situation? No... (In this case, you are like one of those people who charge exorbitant amounts of money for water, when someone is trapped in the desert with no way out. Sure You gotta make a living, but at the expense of someone else's quality of life...come on...)

Plus, once you log onto INDEED you are pretty much in the system of every job seeking site available. So, paying ten bucks to middle men like you can be skipped.

EXAMPLE: I applied for a job through NES and ended up being automatically logged onto another job site. I was a little annoyed that I had been pretty much assigned to two job sites at once, without permission, HOWEVER, I was also rather happy to know that it happened and it was another site I didn't need to worry about.

64 months ago

This is the thing... TEMP AGENCIES already do what you do(and way more)...for FREE.

It's true that all the resume sites charge their own rates, and it may be true that you are allowing businesses that may not wish to pay the huge price for some temp agencies charge, however, here is a small list of allowances Temp agencies allow OVER your resume posting service:

1) You actually have the chance to apply for jobs that AREN'T POSTED. Temp agencies garner CLIENTS.... long term CLIENTS. Who will come back to them as opposed to working with some on line service who forces them to dig through a bunch of random resumes. (I remember my Office Manager hating that, because the resumes rarely completely fit what she was looking for. If she were working with at temp agency rep, she'd get what she want, because a real person is looking for REAL people...)

2) When you apply with a temp agency ALL of your info is generally obtained RIGHT AWAY, so you don't need to worry about going to an interview with your resume and list of reference. (The temp agency handles all of this BEFORE HAND... background checks, tax forms, references.) ALL FREE...so the person you interview for has all this info before you come in. Which means you don't need to generally fill out an application....

3) Temp agencies have a huge supply of employees, so if an employer needs to get rid of someone or loses and employ, they can be replaced right away.

4) Temp agencies generally don't charge and THEY CALL you! You apply with a temp agency... a good one who sees worth in your resume, you WILL be on their list.

Trust me on all of this! I have worked for a temp agency as a regular employee AND I have worked with temp agencies MOST of my adult life. They were there WAY BEFORE these resume markets EVER existed.

I was unemployed in May. Since then, I have been employed by a three temp agencies AJILON, ULITMATE and STAFFONE. They have kept me pretty employed these few months.

dee in Phoenix, Arizona

60 months ago

Aundine in Phoenix, Arizona said: Register with ALL the temp agencies you can find. Temp agencies find job from temporary to temp to hire to direct hire. You can go into any search engine and punch in temporary staffing and a lot of listings will come up.

Good luck

That may work for you but it doesnt work for everybody. And you must be comfortable with working with temp. agencys all your adult life. Don't you stop and look at your life and your jobs? Why wouldnt you think about having a career? Anywho, good luck staying with your temp. agencys and bouncing back and fourth with jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.