Background checks

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

A bunch of Bull in Covington, Kentucky

77 months ago

I work for a Security Co. and went o interview for a job, even asked the girl point blank if "Bad credit" was a factor and was told NO.....now after 2 weeks of working and turning down other job offers....I'm unemployed...because CREIDT WAS A FACTOR....and the only thing that the Security Co. can say is "Sorry". I really think that CREDIT checks should not be a factor in a job....how are you to keep your credit together without a job!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bb,want to see law to give folks a new c in Holiday, Florida

77 months ago

A bunch of Bull in Covington, Kentucky said: I work for a Security Co. and went o interview for a job, even asked the girl point blank if "Bad credit" was a factor and was told NO.....now after 2 weeks of working and turning down other job offers....I'm unemployed...because CREIDT WAS A FACTOR....and the only thing that the Security Co. can say is "Sorry". I really think that CREDIT checks should not be a factor in a job....how are you to keep your credit together without a job!!!!

I DO NOT HAVE THE PROBLEM THIS PARATICULAR APPLICANT DID..BUT I FEEL THIS MATTER OF HIRING FOLKS WHO HAVE MADE A MISTAKE IN THEIR LIVES AND ARE TRYING TO DO BETTER YOU SHOULD BE GIVEN A CHANCE AT A JOB. LIKE SHE MENTIONED HOW IN THE WORLD WILL FOLKS LIKE HER EVER BE ABLE TO PROVE THEMSELVES WITHOUT THE OPORTUNITY TO GET A JOB. THIS IS SAME FOR ANY FELON OR ANY MISDEAMEANOR THESE ARE NOT NECESARRILY "BAD FOLKS" THEY HAVE MADE A BAD CHOICE AND i THINK THE LAW YOU REQUIRE THAT EMPLOYERS GIVE THESE FOLKS A CHANCE TO PROVE TO THEM THEY HAVE ADMITTED TO A MISTAKE AND NEED AND WANT A CHANCE FOR A NEW BEGINNING. EMPLOYERS NOT TRYING TO LET THESE FOLKS PROVE THEM SELF THAT THEY ARE REALLY SORRY AND TRYING TO START A NEW BEGINNING HOW ???? YES hOW WILL THEY EVER HAVE A CHANCE TO TURN THEIR LIFE AROUND. YES if they do not work out after a couple months to show they are making a better chcoice in life ..then can understand and sit down kindly with them and explain the situation. BUT DON"T give felons or someone with a bad record never a chance to try and prove they have learned from their mistakes and want to become great people in the work world. you know what you are doing to these people you are only helping them to turn out to go out and live the wrong life ..because they have no other choice when emplyers doesn't give them a chance to prove them self to be
really great people. anyone can make a mistake and yes should be given a chance to prove how sorry he is about his

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

bb,want to see law to give folks a new c in Holiday, Florida

77 months ago

it's time a law come into place to HELP folks who have made a mistake in some choices in their lives. These are not to be
labeled bad folks !!! i would bet 85% of them have learned and
now want to change their way of life but if we as employers do
not give them that chance (LIKE A 2 - 3 MO TRY) BECAUSE IF YOU
DON'T GIVE THEM THAT CHANCE..THEY GET TURN DOWN EVERYWHERE BECUASE OF SOME BAD BACK GROUND RECORD...YOU ARE ONLY DONTRIBUTING TO THEM THAT THEY HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE BUT CONTINUE TO GO BACK TO LIVING A CRIMAL LIFE BECAUSE NO JOBS ARE GIVEN THEM A CHANCE TO PROVE THEY MADE A MISTAKE AND CAN END UP BEING THE BEST EMPLOYEE YOU EVER HIRED...YOU ARE UST SENDING THEM BACK ON THE STREETS TO CIMIINAL ACTIVITY AND THEY WILL ONLY END UP WORSE IN LIFE AND DOING MORE "NO GOOD"
lets all wake up and try to help and give these folks a chance to prove they are serious and want to do right from now
on...and then say after 3 months are so you see they are not making that attempt don't just throw them out sit down with them giving your full SUPPORT to try and help them to start leading a NEW GREAT BEGINNING...these people need support from all of us as employers and we should be proud we cleaned up another criminal or just a person of bad luck on the streets who need the help and support to start a new clean life THESE PEOPLE NEED a chance to start their livwes over
AND IT WILL TAKE THE EMPLOYERS GIVING THESE FOLKS A SECOND
CHANCE...LIKE AGAIN TOUGH TIMES AND ANYONE CAN GET ON THE WRONG TRACK NOT BECAUSE HE WANTS TO BUT HE CAN'T FIND A JOB
A PLACE TO SLEEP....IT'S SAID WE HELP FOLKS ALL OVER THE WORLD
SEND FARMERS CHECKS TO HELP WITH THEIR FARMING EXPENSE AND THEY LIVE HIGH...BIG CARS AND HOUSES, RANCHES, ETC...DEER LEASES AND WE CAN'T HELP A SMALL PLAN JUST TRY AND MAKE AN HONEST LIVING...THIS HAS TO CHANGE ...WORRY MORE ABOUT OUR AMERICANS HERE THEN RUNNING ALL AROUND THE WORLD HELPING OTHERS AND FORGETTING ABOUT OUR OWN LEGAL AMERICANS...WHO HAVE A VERY BAD LUCK !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

bb,want to see law to give folks a new c in Plant City, Florida

76 months ago

How can these factors be changed...I am with you each and everyone of us make some bad choices. Those who have hit
a very bad choice DO NEED TO BE GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE...
given a 3 month trial period to let the individual show
he has changed and learned from his mistake. this needs
to be changed as a DEMANDING LAW in Washington...and made
mandate that employers can't discrimnate against a person
with a felon charge/misdimeanor charge. You are right how
will these folks ever have the chance to PROVE THEMSELVES,
THAT THEY HAVE LEARNED FROM THEIR MISTAKE and want to prove
that they to want a chance at a NEW BEGINNING..who in our
government needs to be contacted ??? this needs immediate
YES IMMEDIATE ATTENTION that a law is enforced to give people
a second chance..don't prove themselves then let them go after
the 3 month trial period. WE are only forcing these type people to go to bad decisions as NO ONE IS GIVING THEMSELVES
a chance to prove they are really GREAT/GOOD People who made
a bad choice. THESE FOLKS NEED HELP...to put them back on
the right road...they way it is now...we are throwing them out
back on the streets ONLY TO DO MORE WRONG..if NO EMPLOYER is
mandated to not judge them as employees by their criminal record..lets stops sending these folks back on the streets to do more wrong because we are NOT DEMANDED BY LAW to give each
and every felon a second chance !!! who needs to be contacted
i am saying recommending it for all 50 states !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ETIKAL in Los Angeles, California

75 months ago

I TRY AND GET A JOB AND I GET DENIED BECAUSE MY BACKGROUND.I FEEL THAT I EM PART OF A TRAP. ONLY GOD MAY JUDGE ME NOT ERICA .UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL. THE STATUE OF LIBERTY IS JUST A GIMMICK. WHEN THE PRES I DENT SPEAKS ON TELEVISION, HE SPEAKS ONLY TO ERICA NOT TO THE PEOPLE OF United States of erica!!WHICH CREATE IT FOR WHICH IT SHOULD STAND, THE LAND OF THE FREE AND the land of THE BRAVE. NOT THE SLAVE. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO GET A JOB TO BE ABLE TO FEED OUR FAMILIES?IF YOU ERICA TAKE AND SCAR UP OUR FACES AND LIVES SO WE MAY DIE AT YOUR FEET.ITS NOT FAIR BUT DO YOU REALLY CARE?A P.I.G.S. HAIR. SO WE HAVE TO DO WHAT WE HAVE TO DO IN ORDER TO SURVIVE.SOME GO BACK AND BECOME DOCTOR DEALERS again CARRING WATERGUNS, WHILE OTHER rOBINHOODS. WE NEED TO EAT AND YOU ERICA SHOOT AT US WIHT YOUR CONVINIENT selfish LAWS THAT YOU MAKE,CHANGE,MOVE AROUND YOU GET THE POINT FOR YOUR own convenient CHOICE!!ERICA IS THE BIGGEST PRISION COVERED UP WITH MATERIALISTICS KEEPING OUR VISION INTERTAINED SO WE WONT See the other way! I PRAY TO GOD HOPEFULLY IN THE AFTER LIFE S.H.I.T. WILL BE THE OPPOSITE. Then it will be ALL AGAINT YOUR WHITE LIES.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

bb,want to see law to give folks a new c in Plant City, Florida said: How can these factors be changed...I am with you each and everyone of us make some bad choices. Those who have hit
a very bad choice DO NEED TO BE GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE...
given a 3 month trial period to let the individual show
he has changed and learned from his mistake. this needs
to be changed as a DEMANDING LAW in Washington...and made
mandate that employers can't discrimnate against a person
with a felon charge/misdimeanor charge. You are right how
will these folks ever have the chance to PROVE THEMSELVES,
THAT THEY HAVE LEARNED FROM THEIR MISTAKE and want to prove
that they to want a chance at a NEW BEGINNING..who in our
government needs to be contacted ??? this needs immediate
YES IMMEDIATE ATTENTION that a law is enforced to give people
a second chance..don't prove themselves then let them go after
the 3 month trial period. WE are only forcing these type people to go to bad decisions as NO ONE IS GIVING THEMSELVES
a chance to prove they are really GREAT/GOOD People who made
a bad choice. THESE FOLKS NEED HELP...to put them back on
the right road...they way it is now...we are throwing them out
back on the streets ONLY TO DO MORE WRONG..if NO EMPLOYER is
mandated to not judge them as employees by their criminal record..lets stops sending these folks back on the streets to do more wrong because we are NOT DEMANDED BY LAW to give each
and every felon a second chance !!! who needs to be contacted
i am saying recommending it for all 50 states !!

I TRY AND GET A JOB AND I GET DENIED BECAUSE MY BACKGROUND.I FEEL THAT I EM PART OF A TRAP. ONLY GOD MAY JUDGE ME NOT ERICA .UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL. THE STATUE OF LIBERTY IS JUST A GIMMICK. WHEN THE PRES I DENT SPEAKS ON TELEVISION, HE SPEAKS ONLY TO ERICA NOT TO THE PEOPLE OF United States of erica!!WHICH CREATE IT FOR WHICH IT SHOULD STAND, THE LAND OF THE FREE AND the land of THE BRAV

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

I TRY AND GET A JOB AND I GET DENIED BECAUSE MY BACKGROUND.I FEEL THAT I EM PART OF A TRAP. ONLY GOD MAY JUDGE ME NOT ERICA .UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL. THE STATUE OF LIBERTY IS JUST A GIMMICK. WHEN THE PRES I DENT SPEAKS ON TELEVISION, HE SPEAKS ONLY TO ERICA NOT TO THE PEOPLE OF United States of erica!!WHICH CREATE IT FOR WHICH IT SHOULD STAND, THE LAND OF THE FREE AND the land of THE BRAVE. NOT THE SLAVE. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO GET A JOB TO BE ABLE TO FEED OUR FAMILIES?IF YOU ERICA TAKE AND SCAR UP OUR FACES AND LIVES SO WE MAY DIE AT YOUR FEET.ITS NOT FAIR BUT DO YOU REALLY CARE?A P.I.G.S. HAIR. SO WE HAVE TO DO WHAT WE HAVE TO DO IN ORDER TO SURVIVE.SOME GO BACK AND BECOME DOCTOR DEALERS again CARRING WATERGUNS, WHILE OTHER rOBINHOODS. WE NEED TO EAT AND YOU ERICA SHOOT AT US WIHT YOUR CONVINIENT selfish LAWS THAT YOU MAKE,CHANGE,MOVE AROUND YOU GET THE POINT FOR YOUR own convenient CHOICE!!ERICA IS THE BIGGEST PRISION COVERED UP WITH MATERIALISTICS KEEPING OUR VISION INTERTAINED SO WE WONT See the other way! I PRAY TO GOD HOPEFULLY IN THE AFTER LIFE S.H.I.T. WILL BE THE OPPOSITE. Then it will be ALL AGAINT YOUR WHITE LIES.

Eric in Atlantic City, New Jersey

75 months ago

There is a lot of information for ex-offenders and felons looking for jobs at my blog:

helpforexoffenders.wordpress.com

75 months ago

its good

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

If you reading this you know!!! in Bridgeview, Illinois

74 months ago

I interviewed through a staffing company named Kelly Services for a company called cashnet usa. Now I have a background...coincidentally I had interviewed for cashnet usa 2 weeks prior so on this interview through Kelly Services I did so well on the interview they(CashNet USA) wanted to hire me!!! this was even after I made them aware of my background. Kelly Services application asked if I had been convicted of a felony within the last 7yrs which I have not...Cashnet USA application asked if I had been convicted within the last 10yrs which I have, which is why im assuming I didnt get the first position I interviewed for. To make a long story short I got a call from a recruiter at Kelly Services saying congratulations you got the job, I waited 2 1/2 weeks just to get another call from him to say they were not gonna offer me the position because of my background & that Kelly Services could no longer work with me!!! Im still seeking employment.

74 months ago

the struggle continues.

freedom loss in Sutherland, Nebraska

66 months ago

Yes, we the people are no longer free!! The patriot act has taken over. The credit bureaus are the biggest scam ever to be had. I grew up where there were more jobs than people, no resumes, no background checks, no
no credit scores, only walk-in and applications to be filled out. That was it. Well people, you probably
deserve what you got for you had the chance to speak up and fight for your rights. Our fight to rights is long gone. No thanks to you who sit back and let this happened.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.