Interview Preparation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming regional sales manager interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

patricia in Glen Burnie, Maryland

81 months ago

Hi,I'm going for an interview tomorrow for a sales position(regional). What questions can I expect to be asked? Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

ginn12 in South Bend, Indiana

80 months ago

patricia in Glen Burnie, Maryland said: Hi,I'm going for an interview tomorrow for a sales position(regional). What questions can I expect to be asked? Thank You

I just went on my third for regional. First with the Midwest Regional Manager on the phone and in person then with the Midwest Operations Manager and HR. I thought HR was just to ask pertinent questions regarding to HR and the hiring process medical etc. It seemed she interviewed me and the operations manager just was in the background. Didn't do that. She interviewed. I give it a 50/50.
Another interview with the VP next week.

All questions that you're not prepared for like I was.

Who takes documents to an interview? Is it good or bad?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Vic in Buffalo, New York

79 months ago

ginn12 in South Bend, Indiana said: I just went on my third for regional. First with the Midwest Regional Manager on the phone and in person then with the Midwest Operations Manager and HR. I thought HR was just to ask pertinent questions regarding to HR and the hiring process medical etc. It seemed she interviewed me and the operations manager just was in the background. Didn't do that. She interviewed. I give it a 50/50.
Another interview with the VP next week.

All questions that you're not prepared for like I was.

Who takes documents to an interview? Is it good or bad?

Take some "leave behinds" Business card, resume references, even if they already have them. Stand out from those who do not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

motivator in Deerfield Beach, Florida

66 months ago

I am very strongly considering applying for this position. I am familiar with the geography as well as having an automotive design background. My degree is in marketing and my work experience has been in progressive growth in Sales and presently as a National Sales Executive.
I am rather surprised that both individuals have been involved in multiple interviews spanning over a year, yet no decisions have been made by management. Are they actually prepared to make an offer to their chosen professional?
What chances do any of you feel I would have in landing this position? I am not in favor of a bunch of word exchanges with HR personnel. Positions such as this is a conversation conducted with owners and decision-making management.
Your suggestions are welcome.

Motivator

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.