Just Graduated, Need help on the next step

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Dpogre in Chicago, Illinois

52 months ago

Hi, I just graduated with a BS in biology. I've been going to career fairs, interview help, recruiters, etc looking for a job as a research assistant or whatever entry level positions they have. I'm planning on going to grad school for biomedicine or biotechnology but not until next year. Should I volunteer at a hospital? Can I volunteer at research labs? Can someone give me some advice please. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

mjs0424 in Winston Salem, North Carolina

50 months ago

sounds very familiar, just got my AAS in biotech and am just trying to get started with some company somewhere. everyone wants at least 1-3 years experience even if i can find one that the degree qualifies for. how do you get the experience if you can't get the first job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CareerGuru in San Francisco, California

50 months ago

I would say go for it. Speak to someone at the companies, drop off resumes, and make yourself known.
You might also want to consider if your school has opportunities to be a research assistant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tech in Galveston, Texas

50 months ago

Most companies do not require any experience if you have Bachelors degree (they require 1 to 3 years for Associate degrees). Go ahead and check out the career webpages of medical schools or any major research universities. I bet there would be quite a number in the Chicago area. Also check out pharmaceutical companies. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.