American Career College

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 242)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Bryan in Long Beach, California

67 months ago

I will be attending the RT Program at ACC (OC campus) in May of 09. Just wanted to know if anyone here is enrolled in the same class/program. For those who are already attending ACC RT program, how is it? Any feedback will be great! Thanks in advanced!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

goose23 in Valencia, California

67 months ago

i heard that not tooi many will be attending it.. i lve by north hollywood.. and they say that acc JUST started... right now.. if i were you id go to Concorde if u were doing one f those..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

The only reason why I choose ACC is because my rep said I would be able to sit for my CRT and RRT after graduation. I hear concorde (garden grove) is pretty good but would only sit for the CRT after graduating. Anyone have any insights into this.? I know concorde offers an advanced program to obtain your RRT but spending another $10k is the issue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Goose23 in Valencia, California

67 months ago

intresting how much did you have to pay out of pocket for ACC?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

ACC 18 month RT program = 31k

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

RTPBALLER in San Diego, California

66 months ago

Bryan in Long Beach, California said: The only reason why I choose ACC is because my rep said I would be able to sit for my CRT and RRT after graduation. I hear concorde (garden grove) is pretty good but would only sit for the CRT after graduating. Anyone have any insights into this.? I know concorde offers an advanced program to obtain your RRT but spending another $10k is the issue.

Bryan check out this website
www.nbrc.org/Examinations/RRT/tabid/60/Default.aspx

1. Applicants shall be 18 years of age or older.

2. Applicants shall satisfy ONE of the following educational requirements:

a. Be a CRT having earned a minimum of an associate degree from an advanced-level respiratory therapist educational program supported by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC), or its predecessor the Joint Review Committee for Respiratory Therapy Education (JRCRTE), or accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). In addition, the applicant shall have at least 62 semester hours of college credit from a college or university accredited by its regional association or its equivalent.

I would not trust that REP!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Bryan in Long Beach, California said: The only reason why I choose ACC is because my rep said I would be able to sit for my CRT and RRT after graduation. I hear concorde (garden grove) is pretty good but would only sit for the CRT after graduating. Anyone have any insights into this.? I know concorde offers an advanced program to obtain your RRT but spending another $10k is the issue.

Once you get you CRT from ANY advanced level accredited school and get your hours you are eligible to sit for the RRT (if your rep does not know what an advance level Rt program is, RUN!) . As for the 10k for RRT...once you get your CRT all you have to do is study for the RRT...and their are a couple of companies that offer it for way less ( about $400 for the review). Here are some popular ones (they can be used for the CRT and RRT)
www.lindsey-jones.com/Selfstudy.html (if you self motivated and grasp concepts quick pick this one)
www.ketteringseminars.com/ (if you want to attend a seminar and have a very qualified reviewer teaching the class and answer questions pick this one )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

I did a quick check on this college and it is NOT an accredited college
it is still under Letter of review.
check it out here
www.caahep.org/Find_An_Accredited_Program.aspx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RRT_NPS in Pomona, California

66 months ago

The Concorde in Garden Grove is now RRT and CRT eligible just like ACC, except that Concorde has been around for 5 years in Garden Grove and ACC just started

prim in Downey, California

66 months ago

$37 k for 20 months in concorde garden grove

JOEL in Cerritos, California

65 months ago

Hey, whats up Bryan. Im also enrolled for the RT program at ACC at the Anaheim Campus. I wanted to start in September, but there was a waiting list, so just waiting for the May courses to start up as well. I went to Concorde first too, took the first C-Pat test, passed, but failed the 2nd nursing test. It's a pass or fail test, I only passed the math, failed the reading. Because of my test results, they told me i had to go to an accedited college, take a reading comprehension course, pass that class, and show them proof of a transcript that i passed it, then they will let me take the 2nd test over again. I said to myself, screw that, i walked out of there and went to ACC the following day, passed the C-Pat test, and i was in. Concorde is expensive, along with the pressure of the extra 10k they want you to spend to get your RRT. The rep told me that the CRT is no longer offered by itself, she said i had to take the CRT and RRT class together and that they were now combined classes. Im glad i walked out of there, going to ACC is alot cheaper too. The class schedule works out pretty well with my work schedule, so thats good for me. im just happy they were willing to accomodate me while going to school. i guess thats it for now bro, ill see you in May.

peace out

Joel

Prim in Downey, California

65 months ago

Today I just passed the 2nd test for concorde garden grove.As well,my representative told me to enroll for the class immediately.Come on, it's quite expensive I should have time to think about it.Anyway after i told her that i will enroll for the class next appointment.She seemed angry.Seriously,i hate this reaction.That's why i'm going to ACC next wednesday.I hope to see you guys in May

JOEL in Cerritos, California

65 months ago

Yea, so true, the admissions reps get all butt hurt!! lol

See you in May

65 months ago

See you guys in May! It's going to be a big class, I hear 60 students. eeek. =P

Joel in Cerritos, California

65 months ago

hey, quick question, are we going to be able to sit for our CRT exam? Acc is NOT accredited by CAAHEP, like RTPBALLER said, its still in "Letter of Review". Yes, ACC has alot of accreditations, but i think CAAHEP is the one we need to actually get a job and become certified. I'm going to call ACC tomorrow, let you guys know.

65 months ago

Joel in Cerritos, California said: hey, quick question, are we going to be able to sit for our CRT exam? Acc is NOT accredited by CAAHEP, like RTPBALLER said, its still in "Letter of Review". Yes, ACC has alot of accreditations, but i think CAAHEP is the one we need to actually get a job and become certified. I'm going to call ACC tomorrow, let you guys know.

Yes, you can sit for the CRT and the RRT test while the school is under Letter of review, however if the school does not pass for any reasons you just wasted your time and money...
Joel is correct CAAHEP ( aka COarc) is the most important one. They are the one who accredite the school and give you the go ahead to sit for your test.

65 months ago

Thanks for the advice...just got off the phone now with my admissions rep, she said i will be able to sit for my crt and rrt exam...I addressed the fact that ACC was still in Letter of Review, and she just told me, "That's typical"! LOL, i was like "ok".

65 months ago

"typical" for new schools becasue it does take a few years to get their accreditation. The growth of Rt schools in southern CA has exploded causing a big influx of new grads

blacknwhite in Garden Grove, California

65 months ago

I am currently a RT student at ACC, and i was very concerned like you guys when i first enrolled in the class. I called the CAAHEP myself and the rep told me that as long as the school hold a letter of review while you attend, then you will be able to sit for the CRT exam even if the school is accredited or not. The program is 18 months like you said and you will be able to take both CRT and RRT exams once you completed the program. When i started, it was 28K, i guess they raised the fee now due to the number of students

65 months ago

grrr today i went to ACC and guess what classes in May is already fulled..so i ll start my class in December.Anyway,i read many comments about ACC..and unfortunately most r not happy with almost everything..parking($40 a month for parking) and other utilities ..unexperienced instructors..bad mangement..bla bla bla

Is this true?Anyway for me i think they are great..great service (at least on my 1 st day)

Natasha SVN in Los Angeles, California

65 months ago

Well I'm a student at another ACC campus for LVN and my husband is looking into RT. While most people will have some complaints about ACC your always going to find something to complain about.

I have met the owner of the school and he is very serious about the students and the programs it is unlikely that the school would NOT get its certification.

How often do both schools start new cohorts and how long is the wait to get in? It seems silly to me that concorde would force you to take the advanced option.

65 months ago

As far as the RT program at ACC Anaheim Campus, the next RT courses start in May 2009. The classes for the May session are FULL, with the first 55 qualified students. There is also 53 students on the waiting list for the RT prgram. The next RT courses start in December 2009. There are still seats available for the LVN course which will begin on April 7, 2009 if anyone is interested, the course is 12 months and $30,000.

65 months ago

Prim in Downey, California said: Today I just passed the 2nd test for concorde garden grove.As well,my representative told me to enroll for the class immediately.Come on, it's quite expensive I should have time to think about it.Anyway after i told her that i will enroll for the class next appointment.She seemed angry.Seriously,i hate this reaction.That's why i'm going to ACC next wednesday.I hope to see you guys in May

Prim, just curios, are you going to go Back to Concorde and enroll for the RT program, or are you gonna wait for the next ACC class session in December? Do you recall anything about the CRT and RRT courses being combined? A friend of mine graduated from Concorde in Garden Grove from the RT program a few years back, and he said it was great. He stated to me that all the teachers were helpful and "very thorough" during class sessions. He passed his CRT and RRT and landed a job very fast.

rtnothired in Los Angeles, California

65 months ago

Good lord! Becoming a respiratory therapist was the worst thing I could have ever done. I have not found a job yet. The economy is horrible right now and now I have a debt I can not afford to pay, all because of respiratory school. I wish I could go back in time and fixed it so I could attend nursing school. RN: Twice the pay and easily employed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Natasha SVN in Los Angeles, California

65 months ago

rtnothired. Did you leverage your connections you made at your clinical rotations bc it is unusual to hear of an Rt not having a job lined up after graduation. Have you considered applying to a sub acute facility. Not as exciting as a hospital but its a start

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Joel,I'm not going back to Concorde.I already enrolled for RT at ACC.My class will be in December ,so i will have time to earn some money :) I chose ACC because
1. it's near my home and
2.they offer me a good financing option

The Concorde representative told me about the courses combining .That's why the price is up to 37k.I have a friend graduated from Concorde too.She graduated in 2007.She paid 19k.She said everything was great only the clinical rotations aren't good.Right now she has a good job and stuDying for a RN program.

Joel in Long Beach, California

65 months ago

Rtnothired, where did you graduate from? have you applied to any of the jobs here on this website? there are so many hospitals hiring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dennis E. in Moreno Valley, California

65 months ago

Hey all, I was wondering if ACC ontario campus offers RT program? I'm contemplating if I should go to Concorde or not. Quite expensive but I think it's worth it in the end.

troubz in Covina, California

65 months ago

i attend acc r/t program we are in clinicals at the moment.. the school is cool the teacheres are cool.. its the 1st yr so theyre trying to iron out the wrinkles but i have learned alot.. they are not accredited but they are under review which allows u to take the crt or rrt exam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jay D in Los Angeles, California

64 months ago

im currently enrolled in the rt program at acc, and i like it. the teachers there are very helpful and try to help you when you need it. im glad i was able to get in when i could. we just started clinicals and i have learned alot already. this school prepares you for both crt and rrt exams. people are always going to talk crap about RTs but there just mad cuz they make good money and you dont have as much work as the lvn or rn depending on where you go. 5 of my friends went to RT school graduated and are now financiall stable and are living good lifes. cant wait!!!

joel in Temecula, California

64 months ago

Anyone else attending ACC for the RT program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

michaines29 in Garden Grove, California

64 months ago

The Concorde in Garden Grove is RRT and CRT eligible just like ACC, your rep was just trying to get you signed up, they work on commision!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

JOEL in Cerritos, California said: Hey, whats up Bryan. Im also enrolled for the RT program at ACC at the Anaheim Campus. I wanted to start in September, but there was a waiting list, so just waiting for the May courses to start up as well. I went to Concorde first too, took the first C-Pat test, passed, but failed the 2nd nursing test. It's a pass or fail test, I only passed the math, failed the reading. Because of my test results, they told me i had to go to an accedited college, take a reading comprehension course, pass that class, and show them proof of a transcript that i passed it, then they will let me take the 2nd test over again. I said to myself, screw that, i walked out of there and went to ACC the following day, passed the C-Pat test, and i was in. Concorde is expensive, along with the pressure of the extra 10k they want you to spend to get your RRT. The rep told me that the CRT is no longer offered by itself, she said i had to take the CRT and RRT class together and that they were now combined classes. Im glad i walked out of there, going to ACC is alot cheaper too. The class schedule works out pretty well with my work schedule, so thats good for me. im just happy they were willing to accomodate me while going to school. i guess thats it for now bro, ill see you in May.

peace out

Joel

Im glad you didnt go to Concorde also, especially if you couldnt pass a basic entry level test. The fact that ACC accepted you is on them and points out they have lower expectations. The Concorde in Garden Grove is RRT ELIGIBLE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Natasha SVN in Los Angeles, California said: Well I'm a student at another ACC campus for LVN and my husband is looking into RT. While most people will have some complaints about ACC your always going to find something to complain about.

I have met the owner of the school and he is very serious about the students and the programs it is unlikely that the school would NOT get its certification.

How often do both schools start new cohorts and how long is the wait to get in? It seems silly to me that concorde would force you to take the advanced option.

All RT programs are now advanced level, so it is not silly but mandatory as there is no longer an option to be just go to an entry level program!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Temecula, California

64 months ago

hey Jay D or Troubz,

Where are you guys doing your clinicals at?

stacysl22 in La Puente, California

64 months ago

Starting in Dec,in at ACC.

curious4RT in Anaheim, California

64 months ago

Just wondering what the schedule was like for ACC; how long is the program, how and when do clinicals start?

JRinOC in long beach, California

64 months ago

I am also planning to attend ACC in may i was so happy when they changed the date fom the 25 to the 11th, i cant wait to start, the teachers and the staff are great... concorde tod me to call hospitals and ask how they like concorde then i asked him well how about if i ask how they like ACC and he got upset lol , dont have time for that ACC makes you feel welcomed .... who else is in the may class lets talk make friends we can go to orientation and get ready for our careers.

EL_BACHATERO in CERRITOS, California

64 months ago

Hey whats Up JRinOC? I'm also attending the RT program at ACC in May, orientation is May 8th, my email is salsaking84@yahoo.com.

bryan in Long Beach, California

64 months ago

whats up peoples.. good thing i started this post.. ill be attending the orientation in May as well.. hit me up on my email bagustin82@yahoo.com.

JAY D in Los Angeles, California

63 months ago

hey joel im doing my clinical in covina at a subacute. its a great experience and i have learned alot. for those of you going to acc in may, you guys have made a great choice and should really look forward to it. maybe i could teach you guys a thing or two lol !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

americancareercollege in Costa Mesa, California

63 months ago

bryan in Long Beach, California said: whats up peoples.. good thing i started this post.. ill be attending the orientation in May as well.. hit me up on my email bagustin82@yahoo.com.

Hi Bryan and everyone else who will be starting at ACC!
We are glad to see that you are beginning school in May. We just launched a new Facebook site specifically for students and graduates of ACC. We want to help you connect with each other and share information.

We just set up a discussion group for you to network with other students who are also beginning school. We invite you to be one of the first members of our site and to participate in our discussion groups. Check it out at tinyurl.com/dgzpte

We look forward to helping you make connections!

Crystal in Los Angeles, California

63 months ago

I currently work as an Equip tech at a Hospital for a yr now stright out of highschool as well as working another job to save money for school, I have no college exp. and was wondering If it is a req. to have college exp. before attending ACC, I really want don't waste another yr on Pre reqs I much rather get education and training in the field that I want to be in..

Joel in Long Beach, California

63 months ago

michaines29 in Garden Grove, California said: Im glad you didnt go to Concorde also, especially if you couldnt pass a basic entry level test. The fact that ACC accepted you is on them and points out they have lower expectations. The Concorde in Garden Grove is RRT ELIGIBLE!

I'm glad I didnt go to concorde also, the fact that Concorde hires JERKS as teachers is on them, and points out they have lower standards and expectaions for the staff in helping students succeed!!

BOREDRT in Pico Rivera, California

63 months ago

Joel in Long Beach, California said: I'm glad I didnt go to concorde also, the fact that Concorde hires JERKS as teachers is on them, and points out they have lower standards and expectaions for the staff in helping students succeed!!

JOEL. NOT ALL THE TEACHERS ARE JERKS, JUST THE ONES WHO CHRONICALLY ATTEMPTED TO HANGOUT AND SOCIALIZE WITH THE STUDENT BODY. THE WAY THEY TREAT AND PAY IS UNFORTUNATE; BUT THE STANDARDS ARE PRETTY MUCH UNIVERSAL AT ALL THE PROPIETARY SCHOOLS.

ze king in Ontario, California

61 months ago

Bryan in Long Beach, California said: ACC 18 month RT program = 31k

they charge 38k for 20 months now

Sergio in Los Angeles, California

61 months ago

hey guys! just like bryan, i was wondering how other students attending RT courses at ACC like it?
im fresh out of high school and i really want to be a RT but im really confused about what school to attend and what kind of accreditation i should look for in a school. can anyone please help me with this? any help is greatly appreciated! thanx in advance :)

Natasha SVN (waiting to sit the NCLEX) in Los Angeles, California

61 months ago

If you are fresh out of high school and can still live with your parents for a couple of years then I would recommend EL Camino or one of the other community colleges that offer RT. It wouldn't take that much longer than a private school maybe a year more and you'll save spending money you don't have.

I only went the private college for nursing because I couldn't be out of a job for more than 1 year and I could pay cash with proceeds from liquidating my business. I went to ACC btw and the clinical experiences I got as a student nurse made it worth choosing ACC over the other colleges.

Ivan Garza in Shawnee, Oklahoma

60 months ago

Just some info for you guys. You can graduate from even an ENTRY level program, work for a few years as a crt and will be eligible to sit for your RRT exam. You don't need do graduate from an advanced level program. The US army has a rt program that is entry level, and believe it or not, the RTs they pump out get more experience than ANY rt program I've seen at major teaching universities or programs. Imagine having in class seminars with Dr. Bird himself.

Anyways, if you are looking to take the RRT immediately after you take the CRT (because you need the CRT to take the RRT advanced level or not), you can still graduate from an entry and take the 2 or 3 extra classes at any community college for way cheaper. The difference is usually something like not teaching math/biochem/biology which makes a program entry level. The army is entry level, because they expect you to get those classes after or before you start. Plus, they work in consordium with Thomas Edison State College which is not recognized by NBRC, but the army is recognized and is accredited by caahep. So, basically they use the colleges accreditation for the AAS in Resp care and the Army's for its Caahep accreditation. Both together get you in.

annelia in la puente, California

60 months ago

i called acc ontario campus today and the rt program cost about 38k,,and the next rt class starts on december. not bad i think, but does anybody here could tell me what to expect on the cpat test? i stop schooling for like 2 yrs now so im a bit nervous,,,

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.