i need help passing!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (36)

Tom C. in Canton, Michigan

39 months ago

I just passed my CRT 4 weeks ago and my RRT written last week and I honestly don't know how I passed the CRT with an 82%. The RRT seemed a little easier and I got an 81% on that. I think the $40 practice exams helped me more on the RRT than the CRT though but they are both not easy exams to pass!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

onyx 1477 in Orange Park, Florida

38 months ago

Tif in Brooklyn i feel your pain i'm on my 5th attempt as of yesterday and still failed each time with 69 and 75's Im about to give up. It has been 3yrs since I graduated. I have so much anxiety whenever i sit for the exam but some how believ that it has to be more to it than that. I think the way the NBRC fashion their questions plays an intricate part in my failure. Nothing nowhere near the NBRC practice exams on the website. Please HELP ME somebody.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (63) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

TarapriveeRT in Essex Junction, Vermont

38 months ago

onyx 1477 in Orange Park, Florida said: Tif in Brooklyn i feel your pain i'm on my 5th attempt as of yesterday and still failed each time with 69 and 75's Im about to give up. It has been 3yrs since I graduated. I have so much anxiety whenever i sit for the exam but some how believ that it has to be more to it than that. I think the way the NBRC fashion their questions plays an intricate part in my failure. Nothing nowhere near the NBRC practice exams on the website. Please HELP ME somebody.

So I passed my CRT on the first try and I will tell you how. I bought Kettering and well it stinks simply reading outline format is not going to help you if you don't have a hard understanding of the content so what next? I went to ketterings website pay for tokens and take ther online modules one token per module of 15 questions. They don't just give incorrect or correct answers you hit the play button and a gentalmen walks you through the question. What are they asking, and why the correct answer is what it is and why the others are not. I studied these modules in one sitting the day before my exam and got a 92. I am was not the best student in my program and I have extreme test anxiety. But for what's its worth 80% of my exam questions had to do with the content in those modules. Hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom in Houston, Texas

38 months ago

I have Kettering tokens for sale. I have a Kettering certificate for 30 tokens. Kettering sells it for $75 on their website. I bought it with the home study package, but I already had like 500 practice questions, so I never used my Kettering tokens. If anybody wants to buy all 30 tokens (I can only sell all 30 to one person), I will sell it for $60 only (That is a savings of $15). All I will do is just give you the certificate id, username and password in an email and you can use it. It never expires. If you do not use some of the tokens, you can sell them when you have passed all the tests. Email me at ebusiness66@yahoo.com. My screen name is my email.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

AMCH in Linden, Michigan

31 months ago

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom in Houston, Texas said: I have Kettering tokens for sale. I have a Kettering certificate for 30 tokens. Kettering sells it for $75 on their website. I bought it with the home study package, but I already had like 500 practice questions, so I never used my Kettering tokens. If anybody wants to buy all 30 tokens (I can only sell all 30 to one person), I will sell it for $60 only (That is a savings of $15). All I will do is just give you the certificate id, username and password in an email and you can use it. It never expires. If you do not use some of the tokens, you can sell them when you have passed all the tests. Email me at ebusiness66@yahoo.com. My screen name is my email.

I agree, Kettering is amazing! I am reading how many times it took to pass from some people, and I personally feel that you shouldn't be hard on yourself, but wonder the quality of the program you took. Students should be passing left and right, especially if your program requires attending a Kettering seminar (like mine did).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Here To Help You Study Better in Anonymous Proxy

25 months ago

If anyone wants, i have great study aids.

Test Bank for Egans Fundamentals of Respiratory care 10th edition. Great questions, All chapters

J.M. Cairo/Pilbeams Mechanical Ventilation "Physiological and Clinical Applications" All chapters

Des Jardin "Clinical Manifestations and Assement of Respiratory Disease" 6th edition

Each full complete test bank is 44.95 US

Will send digital copy to you within 2-10 hours of payment. Have to sleep sometime

Amazon payment only send payment to superstudy@tormail.org If you have any questions feel free to email me, and best of luck in your studies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

awriterslife in Durham, North Carolina

24 months ago

Hi!

Not sure if anyone is looking, but I have several Respiratory Therapy school books for sale. The books I have are below. I actually have a Patho book, Kettering flash cards for the boards, a Kettering Practice Exam book and a Neonatal book. Email with any questions. Thanks!

Comprehensive Perinatal & Pediatric Respiratory Care (3rd edition)

Clinical Manifestations and Assessment of Respiratory Disease (6th edition)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

awriterslife in Durham, North Carolina

24 months ago

CRT2013 in Baltimore, Maryland said: you need to get the Kettering seminar booklets, i just recently graduated in June in Baltimore and passed the CRT last week on my first attempt. My program arranged for a Kettering seminar to prepare you for the test. Try this website ketteringseminars.com

And as a sidebar, I have Kettering materials for sale and I'm not asking for close to what they are on the website and a lot of the stuff is new and never used. Contact me if interested. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

KMA in Lake Havasu City, Arizona said: HI everyone,

I need some advice. I finished my schooling in October and unfortunately due to a death in my family I am only now getting started on studying for my CRT.
A friend of mine gave me all of the textbooks from a Kettering seminar he sat for in July of this year.
Included in it is:
Practice Examination
Respiratory Therapy Review Workbook
The Simulation Workshop Lecture Notes
Challenge Examination
And the Respiratory Therapy Review Study Guide
He actually sat for the seminar and highlighted everything that I need to know in the books, crossed out pages that the instructor said were not needed, etc.

I guess my main question is: IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD STUDY?
Should I go onto the Kettering website and buy tokens still? Should I do the practice tests on NBRC website? Is that stuff overkill if I have these books?

I feel extremely rusty about the whole thing. The past two months I haven't done anything related to RT and I am really going to need as much refresher as I can get to pass any of this!!
Thanks!

You basically have everything that a ton of people have used and passed all exams very easily. Those materials are enough to use and pass all your exams.

BUT, there are some people that their study habits make them favor another program like Lindsey Jones over Kettering. But then again, both are the top best study materials for the board exams. So, you cannot go wrong with what you have.

BUT again, since you have been out for a little bit, you could use some extra things.

Email me and I can help you ace all 3 exams on your first try.

My email is ebusiness66@yahoo.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jacsd in San Diego, California

20 months ago

Tom C. in Canton, Michigan said: Go to the NBRC website and purchase the practice exams through AMP. There are 2 for the CRT and 2 for the RRT for $40 each, well worth the $$. It should show you your weak points.

Do these exams on NBRC also explain why the answer is incorrect/correct?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

binyam in Washington, District of Columbia

20 months ago

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom in Houston, Texas said: I have Kettering tokens for sale. I have a Kettering certificate for 30 tokens. Kettering sells it for $75 on their website. I bought it with the home study package, but I already had like 500 practice questions, so I never used my Kettering tokens. If anybody wants to buy all 30 tokens (I can only sell all 30 to one person), I will sell it for $60 only (That is a savings of $15). All I will do is just give you the certificate id, username and password in an email and you can use it. It never expires. If you do not use some of the tokens, you can sell them when you have passed all the tests. Email me at ebusiness66@yahoo.com. My screen name is my email.

i will buy that from you.

Gailcharl2 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

18 months ago

onyx 1477 in Orange Park, Florida said: Tif in Brooklyn i feel your pain i'm on my 5th attempt as of yesterday and still failed each time with 69 and 75's Im about to give up. It has been 3yrs since I graduated. I have so much anxiety whenever i sit for the exam but some how believ that it has to be more to it than that. I think the way the NBRC fashion their questions plays an intricate part in my failure. Nothing nowhere near the NBRC practice exams on the website. Please HELP ME somebody.

I thought I was the only one. Finished in 2009 and took 3 times, but keep going.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Karlalayne in Vicksburg, Mississippi

15 months ago

I'm finally studying for my RRT. extremely nervous and hoping it all comes back to me as I read and take new notes. I wish there was some way to get a study buddy.

15 months ago

Karlalayne in Vicksburg, Mississippi said: I'm finally studying for my RRT. extremely nervous and hoping it all comes back to me as I read and take new notes. I wish there was some way to get a study buddy.

Why do you need a study buddy? You gys would assimilate aterials differently and they may slow you down.

Email me at ebusiness66@yahoo.com and I can help give you some suggestions. Just study that way and I don't see how you will fail these exams. Millions have done it already, so can you.

Justin in Center Valley, Pennsylvania

14 months ago

I just graduated this past May. My program had us take actual NBRC exams to mimic the actual license exams. I got a 69 on the CRT final and spent two weeks studying for the actual exam and got an 87. I studied the JB review book a lot as well as the Kettering. I sat for an actual Kettering session and thought it was a great help too. I thought the Kettering workbook was also a big help as tedious as it is. I too also have the anxiety a lot of you all have, but combined with those study materials I think anyone can get through it! I did not take the RRT quite yet, but will soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kward2006 in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

14 months ago

Gailcharl2 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I thought I was the only one. Finished in 2009 and took 3 times, but keep going.

I totally agree.it has been 3 yrs since i graduated n i have taken the exam 3 times already n missed it by 2 pts the first time! im so over taking this exam bc i just want to pass and im having a very hard time doing so!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ebusinessatyahoodotcom in Houston, Texas

14 months ago

Sucks to see some people failing. Sadly, it is a reality that if all people who graduated from a Respiratory program takes the board exam, not all will pass. That is the same for any single board exam out there. So, it is no surprise to see people failing. It is just expected that there can never be 100% pass on any public board exam for any program.

But passing these exams is really not too difficult. I believe over 80% of the people who are RRTs now and who used preparatory materials probably used either Kettering or Lindsey Jones. And that was all they used and aced all these exams. There is really no secret in passing than studying the best materials that will work for you, understanding them and passing the exam.

If anybody needs any help, feel free to email me at ebusiness66@yahoo.com. I may help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

1819student in Kentucky

12 months ago

Kward2006 in Port Saint Lucie, Florida said: I totally agree.it has been 3 yrs since i graduated n i have taken the exam 3 times already n missed it by 2 pts the first time! im so over taking this exam bc i just want to pass and im having a very hard time doing so!

I would suggest looking into Lindsey Jones. I studied the book for 4 months putting emphasis on the associations cards and passed 1st time. I also know someone who had Kettering failed used Lindsey Jones and passed. Great investment for CRT RRT and clinical Sims.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Leigh in Fredericksburg, Virginia

12 months ago

TarapriveeRT in Essex Junction, Vermont said: So I passed my CRT on the first try and I will tell you how. I bought Kettering and well it stinks simply reading outline format is not going to help you if you don't have a hard understanding of the content so what next? I went to ketterings website pay for tokens and take ther online modules one token per module of 15 questions. They don't just give incorrect or correct answers you hit the play button and a gentalmen walks you through the question. What are they asking, and why the correct answer is what it is and why the others are not. I studied these modules in one sitting the day before my exam and got a 92. I am was not the best student in my program and I have extreme test anxiety. But for what's its worth 80% of my exam questions had to do with the content in those modules. Hope this helps

I completely agree with this person! having those answers and rationales read to me was the best money i've ever spent!!

Leigh in Fredericksburg, Virginia

12 months ago

ILoveResp in Middleburg, Florida said: I give the credit of passing the registry exam to Gary Pershing's book called Respiratory Care Exam Review and Kettering. The book breaks down the material in the simplest way possible, there are test on the back of the book as well as online with explanations. The book cost me $ 60 but it was well worth the investment . Don't give up! Goodluck to you

I think the Persing book helped me just as much as Kettering did for passing my Boards. Persing covers things that I had on both written exams that Kettering didn't ever mention and had I not read that book as well, wouldn't have gotten it right because they were things my school didn't cover, either! GO PERSING! ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

Leigh in Fredericksburg, Virginia said: I completely agree with this person! having those answers and rationales read to me was the best money i've ever spent!!

Kettering material is a very great study tool. I believe Kettering and Lindsey Jones are 2 of the best study materials I would recommend any student to use in preparation of their board exams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

Leigh in Fredericksburg, Virginia said: I think the Persing book helped me just as much as Kettering did for passing my Boards. Persing covers things that I had on both written exams that Kettering didn't ever mention and had I not read that book as well, wouldn't have gotten it right because they were things my school didn't cover, either! GO PERSING! ;)

Glad to know the Persing book helped you so much. In my class of graduates, we never really liked the Persing book. We found out that Kettering was the best for us.

But over time, I have realized that different preparatory materials work differently from different people. Some people have used kettering and failed, then switched to Lindsey Jones and said they learned more and better and so passed. While the opposite has happened to some people. They failed after studying using Lindsey Jones materials. Then switched to Kettering and they passed. I think Persing too even is part of this.

But personally, I have discovered that a every single study material has something that it explains in a way that you can understand better with one preparatory material than another.

One great tip of doing well in the board exam is buying your study materials and starting your preparation about 2 months or more before you graduate from the program. So by the time you graduate you have gone over the whole material atleast once. This helps a lot in getting ready. That is just my suggestion, but I believe everyone has their own way of studying.

a_wa3@hotmail.com in Los Angeles, California

10 months ago

Anyone wants to buy NBRC WRRT questions and Clin. Sim. Anyone wants to buy KETTERING WRRT form E and F questions. Please email me. My user id is my email.

UnemployedRRT in Thibodaux, Louisiana

9 months ago

I think instead of worrying about these tests, you guys need to actually take a look at the job market and the opportunities for an RRT.

And you'll soon see....there are none.

Your energies would be better spent looking for a new profession that is worth a damn, like nursing! The opportunities for a Nurse are STAGGERING! There are openings EVERYWHERE.

For a Respiratory Therapist? Nothing. I passed my CRT and both parts of the RRT in one shot. No retakes. Got my shiny RRT license and employers could not care less.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

HappyRT;) in Bonita, California

7 months ago

UnemployedRRT in Thibodaux, Louisiana said: I think instead of worrying about these tests, you guys need to actually take a look at the job market and the opportunities for an RRT.

And you'll soon see....there are none.

Your energies would be better spent looking for a new profession that is worth a damn, like nursing! The opportunities for a Nurse are STAGGERING! There are openings EVERYWHERE.

For a Respiratory Therapist? Nothing. I passed my CRT and both parts of the RRT in one shot. No retakes. Got my shiny RRT license and employers could not care less.

Your attitude demonstrates why you have remained an UnemployedRRT. No employer wants to hire a bitter RT who will spread their infection of misery among their established healthcare team members, so good luck with that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

A.Beck.RRT in Winnemucca, Nevada

7 months ago

Just passed the RRT boards. Now I would like to offer my Lindsey Jones study material to whom ever needs it to help them pass. It's a tough test and I think every little bit helps. I have the Lindsey Jones CRT & RRT Written Review Audio Seminar, Clinical Simulation Registry Review audio lecture and 8 clinical simulations, and another CD ROM with 28 more clinical simulations. Sorry, but the book and flash cards got really trashed in my bag. So if anyone is trying to pass these exams email me at abeck.rrt@gmail.com and I will send them to you. Please, only honest requests. I could sell them but would rather give them to someone who needs them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tien Tran in Alhambra, California

5 months ago

Tom C. in Canton, Michigan said: I just passed my CRT 4 weeks ago and my RRT written last week and I honestly don't know how I passed the CRT with an 82%. The RRT seemed a little easier and I got an 81% on that. I think the $40 practice exams helped me more on the RRT than the CRT though but they are both not easy exams to pass!!

Hey Tom,

What practice exams are you referring to that helped you with passing the RRT exam?

5 months ago

Tien Tran in Alhambra, California said: Hey Tom,

What practice exams are you referring to that helped you with passing the RRT exam?

Read the post again well and you will understand what he is saying.

If you need help passing, feel free to email me at ebusiness66@yahoo.com.

I can help you out.

Sopha in Phoenix, Arizona

4 months ago

Been out of school over 3 years , just took the sims 5 times and is the only test I need to pass so I can start my job. Anyone know how to pass the new sims because it seems super hard and I'm barely failing. Please help email me at sopha1980@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jordan in West Covina, California

1 month ago

Sopha in Phoenix, Arizona said: Been out of school over 3 years , just took the sims 5 times and is the only test I need to pass so I can start my job. Anyone know how to pass the new sims because it seems super hard and I'm barely failing. Please help email me at sopha1980@gmail.com

Similar position... looking for any help. Thank you.
My email is jordan.sanvicente@gmail.com

Alexis in Clinton, Louisiana

1 month ago

I need your help asap trying to pass the TMC your email does not work mine is missbritt86@yahoo.com thanks in advance

STBRRT in Los Angeles, California

1 month ago

Does anyone have Tokens to Kettering for sale or share? I'm willing to share mine but I only have 10. Need to get as much info for SIMS. Email me @ djhp1@hotmail.com

1819student in Kentucky

1 month ago

I used Lindsey Jones, Persings and Kettering. Persings review seemed to be closer to the NBRC exam and Kettering less like it.

Liltara21 in Phoenix, Arizona

1 month ago

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom in Houston, Texas said: You basically have everything that a ton of people have used and passed all exams very easily. Those materials are enough to use and pass all your exams.

BUT, there are some people that their study habits make them favor another program like Lindsey Jones over Kettering. But then again, both are the top best study materials for the board exams. So, you cannot go wrong with what you have.

BUT again, since you have been out for a little bit, you could use some extra things.

Email me and I can help you ace all 3 exams on your first try.

My email is ebusiness66@yahoo.com.

Hey my name is Tara my email is liltara21@msn.com could u help me with passing pls.

daloalo in Burlingame, California

1 month ago

ebusinessatyahoodotcom in Houston, Texas said: Read the post again well and you will understand what he is saying.

I can help you out.

I tried emailing you today at the ebusiness66@yahoo.com and it said your email address is no longer valid.

angel.battle11 in Houston, Texas

1 month ago

ebusinessatyahoodotcom in Houston, Texas said: Read the post again well and you will understand what he is saying.

I can help you out.

I emailed you at: ebusiness66@yahoo.com and the system emailed me that this email is no longer valid. May you email me please? I am interested! Thankyou.

- angel.battle11@yahoo.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.