i need help passing!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (46)

Tom C. in Canton, Michigan

29 months ago

I just passed my CRT 4 weeks ago and my RRT written last week and I honestly don't know how I passed the CRT with an 82%. The RRT seemed a little easier and I got an 81% on that. I think the $40 practice exams helped me more on the RRT than the CRT though but they are both not easy exams to pass!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

onyx 1477 in Orange Park, Florida

29 months ago

Tif in Brooklyn i feel your pain i'm on my 5th attempt as of yesterday and still failed each time with 69 and 75's Im about to give up. It has been 3yrs since I graduated. I have so much anxiety whenever i sit for the exam but some how believ that it has to be more to it than that. I think the way the NBRC fashion their questions plays an intricate part in my failure. Nothing nowhere near the NBRC practice exams on the website. Please HELP ME somebody.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

TarapriveeRT in Essex Junction, Vermont

29 months ago

onyx 1477 in Orange Park, Florida said: Tif in Brooklyn i feel your pain i'm on my 5th attempt as of yesterday and still failed each time with 69 and 75's Im about to give up. It has been 3yrs since I graduated. I have so much anxiety whenever i sit for the exam but some how believ that it has to be more to it than that. I think the way the NBRC fashion their questions plays an intricate part in my failure. Nothing nowhere near the NBRC practice exams on the website. Please HELP ME somebody.

So I passed my CRT on the first try and I will tell you how. I bought Kettering and well it stinks simply reading outline format is not going to help you if you don't have a hard understanding of the content so what next? I went to ketterings website pay for tokens and take ther online modules one token per module of 15 questions. They don't just give incorrect or correct answers you hit the play button and a gentalmen walks you through the question. What are they asking, and why the correct answer is what it is and why the others are not. I studied these modules in one sitting the day before my exam and got a 92. I am was not the best student in my program and I have extreme test anxiety. But for what's its worth 80% of my exam questions had to do with the content in those modules. Hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Julio in Lancaster, California

28 months ago

KETTERING KETTERING KETTERING

CRT Tokens, RRT Written Tokens, RRT Clin Sims Tokens, BUY THEM!!!!

I purchased them all and split usage times with two other classmates of mine, so we ended up saving tons of money, so try to do that option if $$$ is a problem. Just make sure you schedule yourselves because two can't use it at the same time. I also rode to L.A. with my classmates and we split up gas, so roundtrip from Lancaster I spent like $8.00.

About studying....

Take 1 whole month to study for the CRT.
Actually use the Study Guide and take time to read through it.
If you don't understand something then you shouldn't be scheduling your test just yet!
Take the time to look up anything that's unfamiliar. In school you don't cover everything.
At my school I feel like we scraped the bare minimum of RCP because our teacher was a newbie, ended up getting fired because she didn't teach us anything at all!
Memorize important lab values, vent parameters, hemodynamics etc...

Take the CRT simulations and fail them over and over and over again, until you stop failing them and truly understanding them.

Once you open a token it's good for 2 or 3 weeks. Once you open it, use it and use it and use it again. I'm a beast of repetition and that's what gave me success.

Same study structure for all 3 tests.

CRT study time 1 month!
Pass CRT, start studying next day for RRT written for 3 weeks
Pass RRT written, start studying next day for RRT clin sims for at least 1 month (this is the hardest IMHO)

But if you listen to advice and practice practice practice,
you will SUCCEED, SUCCEED, SUCCEED

I realize I should've also gone to college for motivational (speaker) forum replier.

Note: No job as of yet in California

~JULIO~

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom in Houston, Texas

28 months ago

I have Kettering tokens for sale. I have a Kettering certificate for 30 tokens. Kettering sells it for $75 on their website. I bought it with the home study package, but I already had like 500 practice questions, so I never used my Kettering tokens. If anybody wants to buy all 30 tokens (I can only sell all 30 to one person), I will sell it for $60 only (That is a savings of $15). All I will do is just give you the certificate id, username and password in an email and you can use it. It never expires. If you do not use some of the tokens, you can sell them when you have passed all the tests. Email me at ebusiness66@yahoo.com. My screen name is my email.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

nadia in Orlando, Florida

28 months ago

i agree with a lot of what julio said, except idt you need as much time as he's saying to pass. if you take the kettering seminar, they basically tell you what to study. i took a long time studying for my crt but really once i started taking practice tests, i realized i didnt need to waste all that time studying everything in the crt manual ( i used gary pershing) practice tests are the way to go.

for the rrt, i studied for 6 days and passed. what helped was that i took the kettering seminar that time and used the online tokens. i put aside time and studied nonstop and when i wasn't doing the tokens are reading flashcards, i was listening to the audio tape.

for the sims, i studied for that for four days, though i gave myself about a week. i did every single sims token there was on the kettering site. i wrote down facts on little flash cards that i didnt know and carried that around with me. i read through it at least twice a day. for sims, all you need to do is practice. but i find that if you give yourself TOO much time, it can actually be detrimental.

hth

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FrustratedRespGrad2012 in Aurora, Colorado

28 months ago

Ever since graduating from Respiratory Therapy School, the entire experience of dealing with the 3 required credentialing exams have been absolutely HELL!!

Let me just start by saying that the NBRC and it's members are not looking out for your interest or the interest of the profession. Instead thay are simply looking out for themselves and their bank accounts. Why is it that Resp. Care is the only allied healthcare group that requires it's graduates to take 3 crendentialing exams that most people fail the first time and end up re-taking. The NBRC loves it when you fail because they know you'll end up paying more $$ to retake the exam(s). Every retake is simply CHA-CHING for them.

I think the costs associated with the exams are unfair and I think the examination more specifically the wording used in the questions are GROSSLY UNFAIR!!! I passed the CRT exam on try #2 which means they made an extra $150.00 off me and I have failed the RRT Written 2x so far. What I don't understand is, how does a guy who did well in school, paid and attended the Kettering Seminar, studied the Kettering material from the book resources,listened to the lectures on the MP3 player and did all the on-line Kettering practice exams (passed the practice exams) fail the NBRC Written 2x.

Every time I sit to take the RRT Written the questions that I personally get are nowhere near/similar to the practice exam questions on the Kettering website. So I spend a lot of time asking myself...what in the HELL are they asking in this question & while I am doing that, the exam clock is ticking and you have 115 questions to answer in 2 hours. In addition, can someone tell me why would they put on a 2 hour exam questions that are sometime 2-3 paragraphs long.

I went to school for 2 years to become a respiratory therapist. I have graduated and I am ready to work and be a contributor to my community, city and country and the NBRC and their brand of testing is preventing me from moving forward.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tom C. in Canton, Michigan

28 months ago

That's all I can say is suck it up!! It is what it is and there in nothing you can do about it. I was fortunate and passed all of mine the first time but still thought they were very difficult.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Tif in Brooklyn, New York

28 months ago

FrustratedRespGrad2012 in Aurora, Colorado said: Ever since graduating from Respiratory Therapy School, the entire experience of dealing with the 3 required credentialing exams have been absolutely HELL!!

Let me just start by saying that the NBRC and it's members are not looking out for your interest or the interest of the profession. Instead thay are simply looking out for themselves and their bank accounts. Why is it that Resp. Care is the only allied healthcare group that requires it's graduates to take 3 crendentialing exams that most people fail the first time and end up re-taking. The NBRC loves it when you fail because they know you'll end up paying more $$ to retake the exam(s). Every retake is simply CHA-CHING for them.

I think the costs associated with the exams are unfair and I think the examination more specifically the wording used in the questions are GROSSLY UNFAIR!!! I passed the CRT exam on try #2 which means they made an extra $150.00 off me and I have failed the RRT Written 2x so far. What I don't understand is, how does a guy who did well in school, paid and attended the Kettering Seminar, studied the Kettering material from the book resources,listened to the lectures on the MP3 player and did all the on-line Kettering practice exams (passed the practice exams) fail the NBRC Written 2x.

I absolutely agree with you because i am in the same boat. just failed rrt by 2 points LITERALLY and now have to retake crt to gain legibility im sorry but this is straight up bull ***** i spend over 2gs on preparation if not more gets me too frustrated about to change my profession for good!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ShelleyBelle in San Jose, California

28 months ago

Julio in Lancaster, California said: KETTERING KETTERING KETTERING

~

I agree!

I went to a Community College with a highly regarded RT program. I took Kettering at the end of May, graduated the end of June, took my CRT 5 days later and passed with 95%, took the Written RRT 12 days later and passed with 92%, and took the Clinical Sims 3 days later and passed with 87%

Provided that you studied diligently and "got it" in school, I really believe that the Kettering 3-day Course is key. It teaches you HOW to THINK for the TESTS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ILoveResp in Middleburg, Florida

25 months ago

I give the credit of passing the registry exam to Gary Pershing's book called Respiratory Care Exam Review and Kettering. The book breaks down the material in the simplest way possible, there are test on the back of the book as well as online with explanations. The book cost me $ 60 but it was well worth the investment. Don't give up! Goodluck to you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ana in Mcallen, Texas

25 months ago

We used this book in school and it is what I used to prepare for the CRT exam too. I passed it on the first time. It also comes with a code you can input in evolve.elsevier.com and there you can find practice CRT/RRT tests and about 10 clinical sims. I practiced on those the day before my test. The book also helps with the W-RRT.

I took the W-RRT on a Thursday and SIMS the next day and passed them on the first try too. I also recommend the Lindsey Jones CDs. I have the LJ SIMS CD's and the CRT/RRT cd's. THOSE helped a ton, especially understanding hemodynamics and PFTs which were my problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ana in Mcallen, Texas

25 months ago

ShelleyBelle in San Jose, California said: I agree!

I went to a Community College with a highly regarded RT program. I took Kettering at the end of May, graduated the end of June, took my CRT 5 days later and passed with 95%, took the Written RRT 12 days later and passed with 92%, and took the Clinical Sims 3 days later and passed with 87%

Provided that you studied diligently and "got it" in school, I really believe that the Kettering 3-day Course is key. It teaches you HOW to THINK for the TESTS.

Congrats!! I just graduated too in August and I've taken all 3 exams too and thankfully passed all on the first try too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AMCH in Linden, Michigan

22 months ago

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom in Houston, Texas said: I have Kettering tokens for sale. I have a Kettering certificate for 30 tokens. Kettering sells it for $75 on their website. I bought it with the home study package, but I already had like 500 practice questions, so I never used my Kettering tokens. If anybody wants to buy all 30 tokens (I can only sell all 30 to one person), I will sell it for $60 only (That is a savings of $15). All I will do is just give you the certificate id, username and password in an email and you can use it. It never expires. If you do not use some of the tokens, you can sell them when you have passed all the tests. Email me at ebusiness66@yahoo.com. My screen name is my email.

I agree, Kettering is amazing! I am reading how many times it took to pass from some people, and I personally feel that you shouldn't be hard on yourself, but wonder the quality of the program you took. Students should be passing left and right, especially if your program requires attending a Kettering seminar (like mine did).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lynn Horton in Dearborn, Mississippi

22 months ago

Ana in Mcallen, Texas said: Congrats!! I just graduated too in August and I've taken all 3 exams too and thankfully passed all on the first try too.

How's the job market in South Texas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lynn Horton in Dearborn, Mississippi

22 months ago

Are the clinical simulations on Kettering that require tokens worth the $$$$$$$?????????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

flyingbelle8 in Las Vegas, Nevada

17 months ago

Kettering and NBRC website practice tests through AMP helped me tremendously to be successful in passing both the CRT and RRT boards. If you need help with these exams, do not hesitate to contact me. Gary Pershing's book is also a good study guide. If you need advice about these board exams, please email me. Also, I have tokens that I can sell for a lot less money. My email address is: flyingbelle8@gmail.com. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Here To Help You Study Better in Anonymous Proxy

16 months ago

If anyone wants, i have great study aids.

Test Bank for Egans Fundamentals of Respiratory care 10th edition. Great questions, All chapters

J.M. Cairo/Pilbeams Mechanical Ventilation "Physiological and Clinical Applications" All chapters

Des Jardin "Clinical Manifestations and Assement of Respiratory Disease" 6th edition

Each full complete test bank is 44.95 US

Will send digital copy to you within 2-10 hours of payment. Have to sleep sometime

Amazon payment only send payment to superstudy@tormail.org If you have any questions feel free to email me, and best of luck in your studies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

No longer available in Anonymous Proxy

16 months ago

Not available now get to studying :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CRT2013 in Baltimore, Maryland

16 months ago

onyx 1477 in Orange Park, Florida said: Tif in Brooklyn i feel your pain i'm on my 5th attempt as of yesterday and still failed each time with 69 and 75's Im about to give up. It has been 3yrs since I graduated. I have so much anxiety whenever i sit for the exam but some how believ that it has to be more to it than that. I think the way the NBRC fashion their questions plays an intricate part in my failure. Nothing nowhere near the NBRC practice exams on the website. Please HELP ME somebody.

you need to get the Kettering seminar booklets, i just recently graduated in June in Baltimore and passed the CRT last week on my first attempt. My program arranged for a Kettering seminar to prepare you for the test. Try this website ketteringseminars.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RRT in Portland, Oregon

15 months ago

Lindsay Jones is also a very good study guide. Passed both CRT and RRT first time and I only studied 1 or 2 days before. Thorough material and solid practice exams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

awriterslife in Durham, North Carolina

15 months ago

Hi!

Not sure if anyone is looking, but I have several Respiratory Therapy school books for sale. The books I have are below. I actually have a Patho book, Kettering flash cards for the boards, a Kettering Practice Exam book and a Neonatal book. Email with any questions. Thanks!

Comprehensive Perinatal & Pediatric Respiratory Care (3rd edition)

Clinical Manifestations and Assessment of Respiratory Disease (6th edition)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

awriterslife in Durham, North Carolina

15 months ago

CRT2013 in Baltimore, Maryland said: you need to get the Kettering seminar booklets, i just recently graduated in June in Baltimore and passed the CRT last week on my first attempt. My program arranged for a Kettering seminar to prepare you for the test. Try this website ketteringseminars.com

And as a sidebar, I have Kettering materials for sale and I'm not asking for close to what they are on the website and a lot of the stuff is new and never used. Contact me if interested. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JW

15 months ago

I used Kettering and support the product all the way. I was able to pass CRT first attempt, I took both registry test in one day and passed first attemp. I did not do the workbook, I just studied the book and took online pretest. I also used NBRC pre test, after each test I reviewed what areas I was week In then referred back to my book.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hal in Marshall, Missouri

15 months ago

I'm currently a CRT (for 3 years now). I studied a home Kettering kit the last month I was in respiratory school. To my honest and complete SHOCK, I passed the exam. Now in the field for almost 3 years, I'm going to a Kettering seminar in Dallas (in October), then sitting for my written RRT and sims in November.

To anyone who's been to the Kettering seminar, and passed their RRT stuff: What would you recommend I focus on in the Kettering home study materials? Is it best to start at the beginning of the workbook and go through it that way? Memorize all the normal values first? Or focus on the practice tests on the Kettering website?

Thanks to anyone who can give me advice on this!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Hal in Marshall, Missouri said: I'm currently a CRT (for 3 years now). I studied a home Kettering kit the last month I was in respiratory school. To my honest and complete SHOCK, I passed the exam. Now in the field for almost 3 years, I'm going to a Kettering seminar in Dallas (in October), then sitting for my written RRT and sims in November.

To anyone who's been to the Kettering seminar, and passed their RRT stuff: What would you recommend I focus on in the Kettering home study materials? Is it best to start at the beginning of the workbook and go through it that way? Memorize all the normal values first? Or focus on the practice tests on the Kettering website?

Thanks to anyone who can give me advice on this!

Email me at ebusiness66@yahoo.com.

I will advice you on how to get the most benefit from the kettering seminar and also how to study and approach the RRT board exams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kward2006 in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

13 months ago

I feel your pain. Im going on my 5th time taking and ive only been out of school for a year and yes i really think its how nbrc words there test its NOTHING like the practice exams!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

kward2006 in Port Saint Lucie, Florida said: I need major help!!!!! on my 5th time taking CRT still fresh out of school and need help!!!!!

Sorry you are failing, it is a pretty easy exam. It is the easiest among all 3.

Email me at ebusiness66@yahoo.com. I will make you pass the exam. BUT you will need to put in the hours to study.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Robin RRT in Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey

11 months ago

check this page. it has a lot of info about respiratory therapy

www.respiratorycarebuddy.weebly.com

KMA in Lake Havasu City, Arizona

11 months ago

HI everyone,

I need some advice. I finished my schooling in October and unfortunately due to a death in my family I am only now getting started on studying for my CRT.
A friend of mine gave me all of the textbooks from a Kettering seminar he sat for in July of this year.
Included in it is:
Practice Examination
Respiratory Therapy Review Workbook
The Simulation Workshop Lecture Notes
Challenge Examination
And the Respiratory Therapy Review Study Guide
He actually sat for the seminar and highlighted everything that I need to know in the books, crossed out pages that the instructor said were not needed, etc.

I guess my main question is: IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD STUDY?
Should I go onto the Kettering website and buy tokens still? Should I do the practice tests on NBRC website? Is that stuff overkill if I have these books?

I feel extremely rusty about the whole thing. The past two months I haven't done anything related to RT and I am really going to need as much refresher as I can get to pass any of this!!
Thanks!

11 months ago

KMA in Lake Havasu City, Arizona said: HI everyone,

I need some advice. I finished my schooling in October and unfortunately due to a death in my family I am only now getting started on studying for my CRT.
A friend of mine gave me all of the textbooks from a Kettering seminar he sat for in July of this year.
Included in it is:
Practice Examination
Respiratory Therapy Review Workbook
The Simulation Workshop Lecture Notes
Challenge Examination
And the Respiratory Therapy Review Study Guide
He actually sat for the seminar and highlighted everything that I need to know in the books, crossed out pages that the instructor said were not needed, etc.

I guess my main question is: IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD STUDY?
Should I go onto the Kettering website and buy tokens still? Should I do the practice tests on NBRC website? Is that stuff overkill if I have these books?

I feel extremely rusty about the whole thing. The past two months I haven't done anything related to RT and I am really going to need as much refresher as I can get to pass any of this!!
Thanks!

You basically have everything that a ton of people have used and passed all exams very easily. Those materials are enough to use and pass all your exams.

BUT, there are some people that their study habits make them favor another program like Lindsey Jones over Kettering. But then again, both are the top best study materials for the board exams. So, you cannot go wrong with what you have.

BUT again, since you have been out for a little bit, you could use some extra things.

Email me and I can help you ace all 3 exams on your first try.

My email is ebusiness66@yahoo.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jacsd in San Diego, California

11 months ago

Tom C. in Canton, Michigan said: Go to the NBRC website and purchase the practice exams through AMP. There are 2 for the CRT and 2 for the RRT for $40 each, well worth the $$. It should show you your weak points.

Do these exams on NBRC also explain why the answer is incorrect/correct?

binyam in Washington, District of Columbia

11 months ago

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom in Houston, Texas said: I have Kettering tokens for sale. I have a Kettering certificate for 30 tokens. Kettering sells it for $75 on their website. I bought it with the home study package, but I already had like 500 practice questions, so I never used my Kettering tokens. If anybody wants to buy all 30 tokens (I can only sell all 30 to one person), I will sell it for $60 only (That is a savings of $15). All I will do is just give you the certificate id, username and password in an email and you can use it. It never expires. If you do not use some of the tokens, you can sell them when you have passed all the tests. Email me at ebusiness66@yahoo.com. My screen name is my email.

i will buy that from you.

Gailcharl2 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

9 months ago

I thought I was the only one. Finished in 2009 and took 3 times, but keep going.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Karlalayne in Vicksburg, Mississippi

6 months ago

I'm finally studying for my RRT. extremely nervous and hoping it all comes back to me as I read and take new notes. I wish there was some way to get a study buddy.

6 months ago

Karlalayne in Vicksburg, Mississippi said: I'm finally studying for my RRT. extremely nervous and hoping it all comes back to me as I read and take new notes. I wish there was some way to get a study buddy.

Why do you need a study buddy? You gys would assimilate aterials differently and they may slow you down.

Email me at ebusiness66@yahoo.com and I can help give you some suggestions. Just study that way and I don't see how you will fail these exams. Millions have done it already, so can you.

Justin in Center Valley, Pennsylvania

5 months ago

I just graduated this past May. My program had us take actual NBRC exams to mimic the actual license exams. I got a 69 on the CRT final and spent two weeks studying for the actual exam and got an 87. I studied the JB review book a lot as well as the Kettering. I sat for an actual Kettering session and thought it was a great help too. I thought the Kettering workbook was also a big help as tedious as it is. I too also have the anxiety a lot of you all have, but combined with those study materials I think anyone can get through it! I did not take the RRT quite yet, but will soon.

Kward2006 in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

4 months ago

Gailcharl2 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I thought I was the only one. Finished in 2009 and took 3 times, but keep going.

I totally agree.it has been 3 yrs since i graduated n i have taken the exam 3 times already n missed it by 2 pts the first time! im so over taking this exam bc i just want to pass and im having a very hard time doing so!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ebusinessatyahoodotcom in Houston, Texas

4 months ago

Sucks to see some people failing. Sadly, it is a reality that if all people who graduated from a Respiratory program takes the board exam, not all will pass. That is the same for any single board exam out there. So, it is no surprise to see people failing. It is just expected that there can never be 100% pass on any public board exam for any program.

But passing these exams is really not too difficult. I believe over 80% of the people who are RRTs now and who used preparatory materials probably used either Kettering or Lindsey Jones. And that was all they used and aced all these exams. There is really no secret in passing than studying the best materials that will work for you, understanding them and passing the exam.

If anybody needs any help, feel free to email me at ebusiness66@yahoo.com. I may help.

1819student in Kentucky

3 months ago

Kward2006 in Port Saint Lucie, Florida said: I totally agree.it has been 3 yrs since i graduated n i have taken the exam 3 times already n missed it by 2 pts the first time! im so over taking this exam bc i just want to pass and im having a very hard time doing so!

I would suggest looking into Lindsey Jones. I studied the book for 4 months putting emphasis on the associations cards and passed 1st time. I also know someone who had Kettering failed used Lindsey Jones and passed. Great investment for CRT RRT and clinical Sims.

Leigh in Fredericksburg, Virginia

2 months ago

TarapriveeRT in Essex Junction, Vermont said: So I passed my CRT on the first try and I will tell you how. I bought Kettering and well it stinks simply reading outline format is not going to help you if you don't have a hard understanding of the content so what next? I went to ketterings website pay for tokens and take ther online modules one token per module of 15 questions. They don't just give incorrect or correct answers you hit the play button and a gentalmen walks you through the question. What are they asking, and why the correct answer is what it is and why the others are not. I studied these modules in one sitting the day before my exam and got a 92. I am was not the best student in my program and I have extreme test anxiety. But for what's its worth 80% of my exam questions had to do with the content in those modules. Hope this helps

I completely agree with this person! having those answers and rationales read to me was the best money i've ever spent!!

Leigh in Fredericksburg, Virginia

2 months ago

ILoveResp in Middleburg, Florida said: I give the credit of passing the registry exam to Gary Pershing's book called Respiratory Care Exam Review and Kettering. The book breaks down the material in the simplest way possible, there are test on the back of the book as well as online with explanations. The book cost me $ 60 but it was well worth the investment . Don't give up! Goodluck to you

I think the Persing book helped me just as much as Kettering did for passing my Boards. Persing covers things that I had on both written exams that Kettering didn't ever mention and had I not read that book as well, wouldn't have gotten it right because they were things my school didn't cover, either! GO PERSING! ;)

2 months ago

Leigh in Fredericksburg, Virginia said: I completely agree with this person! having those answers and rationales read to me was the best money i've ever spent!!

Kettering material is a very great study tool. I believe Kettering and Lindsey Jones are 2 of the best study materials I would recommend any student to use in preparation of their board exams.

2 months ago

Leigh in Fredericksburg, Virginia said: I think the Persing book helped me just as much as Kettering did for passing my Boards. Persing covers things that I had on both written exams that Kettering didn't ever mention and had I not read that book as well, wouldn't have gotten it right because they were things my school didn't cover, either! GO PERSING! ;)

Glad to know the Persing book helped you so much. In my class of graduates, we never really liked the Persing book. We found out that Kettering was the best for us.

But over time, I have realized that different preparatory materials work differently from different people. Some people have used kettering and failed, then switched to Lindsey Jones and said they learned more and better and so passed. While the opposite has happened to some people. They failed after studying using Lindsey Jones materials. Then switched to Kettering and they passed. I think Persing too even is part of this.

But personally, I have discovered that a every single study material has something that it explains in a way that you can understand better with one preparatory material than another.

One great tip of doing well in the board exam is buying your study materials and starting your preparation about 2 months or more before you graduate from the program. So by the time you graduate you have gone over the whole material atleast once. This helps a lot in getting ready. That is just my suggestion, but I believe everyone has their own way of studying.

a_wa3@hotmail.com in Los Angeles, California

22 days ago

Anyone wants to buy NBRC WRRT questions and Clin. Sim. Anyone wants to buy KETTERING WRRT form E and F questions. Please email me. My user id is my email.

UnemployedRRT in Thibodaux, Louisiana

2 days ago

I think instead of worrying about these tests, you guys need to actually take a look at the job market and the opportunities for an RRT.

And you'll soon see....there are none.

Your energies would be better spent looking for a new profession that is worth a damn, like nursing! The opportunities for a Nurse are STAGGERING! There are openings EVERYWHERE.

For a Respiratory Therapist? Nothing. I passed my CRT and both parts of the RRT in one shot. No retakes. Got my shiny RRT license and employers could not care less.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.