What do you enjoy most about your restaurant manager career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a restaurant manager? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

Rrrr Mignon in Albuquerque, New Mexico

93 months ago

The part I dislike the most is the customers who try to get things for free. They exagerate the situation and lie. I buy a recipe box with note cards and alphbetize them. Then every time a complaint comes in over the phone I record the name, phone and address of who I sent a correction coupon to. Then invariably I see the same names cropping up for the same reasons. They are working the system baby. The nicest is to let them play out the charade, then for posterity sake tell them the company tracks all guest complaints and takes each one very seriously. My records indicate that on several occasions we have responded to your complaints. I feel and appreciate you for drawing it to our attention, I will look into this but I will not be sending you out any compensation. The rebuttal will be "Oh......,silence...... ok... Thanks for calling. A HAH.....You caught them and at a dirty little game. This will save time, self esteem for you and others. They usually scam on multiple locations if it is chain. When they ask your name, they keep track and call around at ask to speak to the manager on duty. When you go to the phone and find it dead, they know your reputation precedes you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.