DO NOT WORK FOR MARKET FORCE!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

very experienced merchandiser in Connellsville, Pennsylvania

52 months ago

I am a contract merchandiser and have done work for 34 companies. This past summer I started some work for Market Force. I had assignments to do on 12/26/09. On 12/21/09 I went on their work site to download paperwork for an assignment due before Christmas - it was not there. Then we went to Grandma's in the country for a Christmas vacation(no cell phone and no internet there!). Arrived home on the 26th and went on their work site to download paperwork for assignments due on 12/26 and I was locked out! Tonight (12/29) I received cell voice mail and called. This Co. last sent me email on 12/22(we were at Grandma's) that stated the paperwork for the 12/26 assignment had to be downloaded on Christmas day!!!!! Every other merchandising company is closed on Christmas Day, but they expected all their reps to work on Christmas to download the paperwork for the job on 12/26!
I have also accepted many jobs from this company in the past for a certain pay only to have them email me and tell me that the pay was reduced for the assignment I already accepted! This company has bad practices and is terribly run! DO NOT WORK FOR THEM!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

1Merchandiser in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

very experienced merchandiser in Connellsville, Pennsylvania said: I am a contract merchandiser and have done work for 34 companies. This past summer I started some work for Market Force. I had assignments to do on 12/26/09. On 12/21/09 I went on their work site to download paperwork for an assignment due before Christmas - it was not there. Then we went to Grandma's in the country for a Christmas vacation(no cell phone and no internet there!). Arrived home on the 26th and went on their work site to download paperwork for assignments due on 12/26 and I was locked out! Tonight (12/29) I received cell voice mail and called. This Co. last sent me email on 12/22(we were at Grandma's) that stated the paperwork for the 12/26 assignment had to be downloaded on Christmas day!!!!! Every other merchandising company is closed on Christmas Day, but they expected all their reps to work on Christmas to download the paperwork for the job on 12/26!
I have also accepted many jobs from this company in the past for a certain pay only to have them email me and tell me that the pay was reduced for the assignment I already accepted! This company has bad practices and is terribly run! DO NOT WORK FOR THEM!!

I have worked for Market Force ( Shop N Check ) for about 4 years

I never had an issues with them...........I wish you better luck.
As you know most of the jobs pay little to nothing at all.
Stay close to home now that gas is rising. ( Thursday 4/8/10)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.