The best part is...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What do you enjoy most about retail merchandiser work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

peg in Washington, DC

98 months ago

I'm interested in making a career change - looking at retail merchandising
I have sales/marketing background in telecom, retail, hospitality. What should I know before pursuing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Convergence Marketing in Millersville, Maryland

89 months ago

We have a multitude of merchandising job openings. If you are interested, contact our recruiting department at 866-375-3537 or visit our website, www.convergencemktg.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Judi in Eau Claire, Wisconsin

81 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about retail merchandiser work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

I have been doing merchandising work for the past twenty years, started out when the kids were small. Loved it then because of the flexibility, love it today because of the same reason. The downfall to merchandising today is you are promised x-amount of hours per month, and then the companies cut those hours to less than half. It is either feast or famine kind of work. Don't count on it to pay the monthly bills, but for extra income, it's great. I stay in this position because of the flexibility and love working independently, and I've never had to say I couldnt particpate in a family function or celebration. You work the days you want to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Christi R. in San Antonio, Texas

75 months ago

What is the difference between a retail merchandiser and a retail buyer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sunil in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

73 months ago

Christi R. in San Antonio, Texas said: What is the difference between a retail merchandiser and a retail buyer?

Both the Jobs are part of the retail supply chain process.
Buyer are responsible product/Range development, Vendor management and Souricing of merchandise.
Retail Merchandisers are responsible to allocate, distribute and monitor the range so that it is at he right place in the right time and in right quantities to maximize sales.
There is another function called visual merchandiser who dresses up the windows and the visual ambiance of the store but it is different from retail merchandiser function.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.