Getting a retail merchandiser job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

Host

How did you get your start doing retail merchandiser work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Elaine Tomkowicz in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

I have done retail merchandising in the past. I was employed by Hallmark Corporation for a little over one year. I would like to get back into this field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sunr in Holland, Ohio

87 months ago

Elaine Tomkowicz in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I have done retail merchandising in the past. I was employed by Hallmark Corporation for a little over one year. I would like to get back into this field.

this is the best webiste to look for merchandising jobs I have them email me new job listings everyday, I have been merchandising for 18 years, also try www.narms.com reset work, merchandising, some are fulltime, part time and just one time deals...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cara Bertrand in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

74 months ago

(I posted the advice below on a different forum, but after how helpful I've found it, I want everybodty to know about NARMS!)

If you're interested in jobs in merchandising and/or mystery shopping, you should really check out NARMS.com

They're the National Association of Retail Marketing Services, and they help retailers refine their services, as well as provide a really excellent job site, which includes both short term merchandising and mystery shopping jobs (for which many require no previous experience), as well as more career-term jobs in the field.

I hope it works as well for you as it has for me ;)

Good luck!!
-Cara

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gough_1200 in Salt Lake City, Utah

67 months ago

I ahve been a rep for over 17 yrs. I love it. WWW.narms.com is great as is www.volitions.com ahs a lot of companies you can sign up with. Ground level is usually doing resets. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

serenadentnow in Ahoskie, North Carolina

60 months ago

sounds good

gough_1200 in Sandy, Utah

58 months ago

web search for jobs such as NARMS is a great place to staort your search. Type in the web search, "merchandising companies and wwww.narms.com where you can sign up for free and search for posted jobs.

gough_1200 in Layton, Utah

58 months ago

Crossmark and Advantage Sales and Marketing or ASM are the to two companies in the US to work for. Fill out an online app. with both companies, ASM will send you notifications via your e-mail, Crossmark, you will have to check ther postings, frequently for openings

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tammy in Houston, Texas

58 months ago

Does anyone have a website for kompass? I cant seem to find it on the internet. I was told to go to plmarketing but that isnt for retail merchandising.

Susan in Bastrop, Texas

51 months ago

20 years ago I started in merchandising by working for American Greetings. Since then I have been in/out of the field. I like the flexible schedule and being independent. The key thing to remember is that this kind of work is like being in a marriage. For better or worse. That can be hard sometimes, but if you have a good boss, which I do, that makes up for a lot of other less wonderful things.

mercedes benz in Manorville, New York

51 months ago

Acosta, Advantage, Spar, I have applied to all of them and they never got back to me at all. I don't believe at all that they have jobs available. I am from Long Island, NY and I see all the advertised jobs that Advantage, Crossmark, Spar and Acosta. I'd been a merchandiser for over 20 years. The last job I had for 9 years went dissolved because of changing technology. I 'd done reset for 3 years out of my 20 years in merchandising. I still don't understand why they don't call me. This all seem discriminatory.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sarah in Raleigh, North Carolina

47 months ago

Try signatureretailservices.com - reputable company with LOTS of opportunities all over the country, mainly east of the rocky mtns. Mostly 40+lbs lifting required, but a good, solid company.

ellen in Chesapeake, Virginia

31 months ago

Sarah in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Try signatureretailservices.com - reputable company with LOTS of opportunities all over the country, mainly east of the rocky mtns. Mostly 40+lbs lifting required, but a good, solid company.

Hi, I want to do merchandising in my area but don't know what you have to do . I use to be in retail and I loved it. Is there a way I can go to one of the job sites where they are doing resets ect... so I can be trained ?... Do you know if NARMS has a training class that I can take before I go out on my own and do the job?I was cut back at work and I really need a supliment.. Thanks Ellen

Convergence in Salisbury, Maryland

31 months ago

We have a multitude of jobs!

Apply today at www.convergencemktg.com.

Convergence in Salisbury, Maryland

31 months ago

Elaine Tomkowicz in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I have done retail merchandising in the past. I was employed by Hallmark Corporation for a little over one year. I would like to get back into this field.

For merchandising openings, visit us at www.convergencemktg.com!

Dawn Black

alpitts1@comcast.net in Franklin, Massachusetts

13 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing retail merchandiser work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

With P & G for the past ten years, and just completed a special assignment with Acosta.

chris in Livonia, Michigan

13 months ago

Merchandising jobs throughout U.S. and Canada contact us at www.courtlandmi.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.