Top sales associate skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every sales associate must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your sales associate expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Hassan in Saint Paul, Minnesota

88 months ago

Hey mY name is Hassan and i live in mpls area i really need this job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (86) / No (77) Reply - Report abuse

amandeep in Calgary, Alberta

87 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every sales associate must have to excel?

he should be confident,team player,have sence of responcibility,can handle difficult situations skillfully

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

debbie

65 months ago

eokey here it gos i am debbie yadimarco i been in sales at kb toys for 7 years they went out of bussness this Jan well thank god word of month because i was told i am great with cussomers and etc i got a part time job at the mall at toooy kids store well the thing is i really had not alot of school got married when i was 16 years old one kid i am now 36 years old want to become a associate mag what do you think i can do is their hope
thanks debbie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

Rita in Lithia, Florida

65 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every sales associate must have to excel?

people skills, knolledge of product, listen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

johanna price in Cape Girardeau, Missouri

63 months ago

1.Must be an expert in human behaviour.
2.Must posses skills that is needed which is Customer Service.
3.Must be a good listener with patience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Deborah AnnYadimarco

63 months ago

Customer Service Experience ability to communicate sales in working managing relationships with team members in the industry each day i been at kb toys as a keyholder their for a year in fashion retails in fashion knowledge high level of working to do the best all hrs open to work open
work at Tommy Hillfiver & the Gap also i do clean the stores and stock

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

hollyb in Elmwood Park, Illinois

62 months ago

you must care about your customers needs first
you must want to help the co you work to reprersent
you must know the product better than anyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ken in Saint Louis, Missouri

46 months ago

amandeep in Calgary, Alberta said: he should be confident,team player,have sence of responcibility,can handle difficult situations skillfully

Must know how to spell correctly so as not to look STUPIDT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

RobertD11 in Lancaster, California

42 months ago

1) Customer service you don't want your customer feeling like you took advantage of them.
2) Understand what it is your trying to sell research it, read up on it.
3) Sales people have to be able to take rejection and keep going (LOOK FOR THE YES)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

balassimo in Villa Park, Illinois

40 months ago

THERE ARE MANY EXCELLLENT WAYS TO BUILD A CUSTOMER BASE- THE CLIENT BOOK IS GREAT BUT IT IS NOT AS IMPORTANT AS ACCEPTING WHO YOUR CUSTOMER IS AND WHO SHE WANTS TO BE. SHE IS A TOURIST AND YOUR THE GUIDE- YOU CAN NOT GUARANTEE HER TRIP TO BE SUCCESSFUL BUT BY WATCHING HER EYES AND LISTENING YOU CAN ALMOST KNOW WHAT HER NEEDS AND GOAL ARE THAT WAY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bamboopink Susie in Mililani, Hawaii

40 months ago

Balassimo is correct! You have to find out what your customer's needs and desires are, so ask questions to better know how to help your customers.
Aloha from Hawaii!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pampermehawaii in Los Angeles, California

40 months ago

balassimo in Villa Park, Illinois said: THERE ARE MANY EXCELLLENT WAYS TO BUILD A CUSTOMER BASE- THE CLIENT BOOK IS GREAT BUT IT IS NOT AS IMPORTANT AS ACCEPTING WHO YOUR CUSTOMER IS AND WHO SHE WANTS TO BE. SHE IS A TOURIST AND YOUR THE GUIDE- YOU CAN NOT GUARANTEE HER TRIP TO BE SUCCESSFUL BUT BY WATCHING HER EYES AND LISTENING YOU CAN ALMOST KNOW WHAT HER NEEDS AND GOAL ARE THAT WAY.

Hawaii Bamboopink www.bamboopink.net/susieo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bengali118 in Livonia, Michigan

36 months ago

I have over 8 years of succesful sales and many promotions as well , its all in my resume. please call i know i can be a very lucrative assest to this company. thank you.

-Raja Ghosh
248-835=3403
raja.rain@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

shagdancer in Little River, South Carolina

36 months ago

Ken in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Must know how to spell correctly so as not to look STUPIDT.

Sometimes people just hit the wrong keys on the keyboard. Let's be kind people.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shannon logan in keansburg, New Jersey

31 months ago

debbie said: eokey here it gos i am debbie yadimarco i been in sales at kb toys for 7 years they went out of bussness this Jan well thank god word of month because i was told i am great with cussomers and etc i got a part time job at the mall at toooy kids store well the thing is i really had not alot of school got married when i was 16 years old one kid i am now 36 years old want to become a associate mag what do you think i can do is their hope
thanks debbie

I think u can be anything you wanna be. ;-) xoxo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

grace in Manila, Philippines

31 months ago

1.product knowledge
2.customer service
3.achieve sales target

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

pixysparrow in Toronto, Ontario

29 months ago

debbie said: eokey here it gos i am debbie yadimarco i been in sales at kb toys for 7 years they went out of bussness this Jan well thank god word of month because i was told i am great with cussomers and etc i got a part time job at the mall at toooy kids store well the thing is i really had not alot of school got married when i was 16 years old one kid i am now 36 years old want to become a associate mag what do you think i can do is their hope
thanks debbie

Darling Debbie,
I wish you well :)
It sounds like you have a great attitude! It does not matter what happened in the past; today is your PRESENT! It is a gift (a present for you, lol!). And there is ALWAYS hope! With a positive attitude and the willingness to do some work, you can do anything your heart desires. You wrote that you did not have very much education, and that you are now 36. It is never too late for education. Contact someone in your community to find out about adult learning centres. Adult learning centres are a great way to learn new skills in a welcoming environment. Good Luck to you, here is a shooting star ~* Make a wish :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

madu in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

21 months ago

bengali118 in Livonia, Michigan said: I have over 8 years of succesful sales and many promotions as well , its all in my resume. please call i know i can be a very lucrative assest to this company. thank you.

-Raja Ghosh
248-835=3403
raja.rain@yahoo.com

i really wanna work in sales i have been work in hotel line from 7 years if could help me basnet22@gmail.com is my email add. from dubai

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

madu in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

21 months ago

i really wanna work in sales i have been work in hotel line from 7 years if could help me basnet22@gmail.com is my email add. from dubai

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Eli in Houston, Texas

14 months ago

thanks debbie

Not until you learn to spell. Sorry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.