The best part is...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Mike in Minneapolis, Minnesota

106 months ago

Salesrep1 said: Do you get commission taken away because of past dues? I was spending so much time on past dues, it was taking me off the road. Accounting doesn't seem to care...They just sit there and make their regular paychecks week after week. This has caused me to go under my draw. I don't approve credit, they do...In my opinion, they should see it taken out of their paycheck, not me. This has made me literally sick. I have lost 1k since the first of this year on past dues. If the customer pays up, even a few days after the 90 days (from the invoice date), the company gets their money, but I get the entire commission taken from me, so that transaction was basically a waste of time and money. My numbers are really good...last month, they were 48% over last year in April, but I am seeing less and less in my paycheck. My motivation has hit rock bottom. I think this is unfair.

I know what all of you are talking about.
When I took my position as a sales rep I thought I would spend my time selling. I guess I was wrong. I spend 70% of my time collecting.
Does anyone else feel strange being a collection agent and and sales rep?
I think it is wrong to take our commision away. We did our job, we sold the product. Why should we get screwed for someone not paying?
I hate this crap.
Thanks for the companys that value there sales reps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

gqtougpolo in Whittier, California

96 months ago

I work for a computer service company in LA. We provide tech to small business and home users. I bring new deals to the business and maintain all current clients. I have recently been having trouble closing. My boss is up my ass and my motivation is going down. What can I do to jump start my sales. I blanked last month.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gqtougpolo in Whittier, California

96 months ago

EARL-GREENVILLE, S.C. in Rock Hill, South Carolina said: MOST OUTSIDE SALE PEOPLE LIKE BEING OUTSIDE AND CALLING ON ALL THEIR FRIENDS THEY HAVE MADE IN ALL THEIR ACCOUNTS. I HAVE OVER 27 YEARS EXPERIENCE, AND TWO NATIONAL SALES AWARDS AFTER YOU HAVE BULIT UP 25-35 GOOD RELATIONSHIPS YOU CAN SELL THEM ANYTHING.
BUT IT WILL TAKE YOU TIME TO DO THAT.
BE NICE TO PEOPLE AND LISTEN TO THEM,
YOU CAN HAVE ANYTHING YOU WANT IF YOU
HELP THEN GET WANT THEY NEED.

can you please give me some advice on my posting ?

gqtoughpolo2000@yahoo.com subject: sales advice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Leigh in Grand Rapids, Michigan

93 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about sales representative work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

I was asked recently if I enjoyed my job. Do I love it? I realized then that it’s almost impossible for me to put an answer into just a few words… so naturally, I felt it would be a great topic to blog about.
The easy answer to that question is that I love everything about my job. But that would be a boring blog post, so let me elaborate:
I love being a leader. I love being a positive influence on others. I love creating an environment for people to succeed. I love making a difference. I love working with people smarter than me. I love challenging people. I love working with people that work as hard as me (or at least as smart). I love having the opportunity to build a team that strives to do great things—and does. I love the feeling of accomplishment I get every single day. I love shifting gears all day every day, sometimes a dozen times per hour.
I am a sales rep for YourAreaCode.com. It’s an advertising company combining widget technology and text messaging for bars and night clubs. That’s right, the night life. Everything about my job and this company excites me. From its conception to its sunset and how it grows throughout its lifecycle. YourAreaCode.com is dynamic. Every day I learn new things from my friends and colleagues. Sometimes it can be overwhelming. But, in reality, it is very exciting to be in a world that is constantly adding and augmenting the way we work and deliver results.
I think you all should check it out. www.yourareacode.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

yostin in San José, Costa Rica

26 months ago

Your code aérea sounds great¡ it looks as if you really enjoy what you do. I Will tell you that i work as a customer service rep for Convergys - cigna dental costa rica. I have gotten a lot of experience but I have be en offered a job from The Results Companies to be a sales rep¡ Im really interested about it¡

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.