What are typical security consultant salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Schnell in Vancouver, Washington

60 months ago

What skills/experience do you need to be a Security Consultant? What does a Security Consultant pay? What career opportunities are there for Security Consulting?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

T.L.Smith of FSC INC in Magnolia, New Jersey

60 months ago

Experience: Some form of security experience, whether it be security services, or security technologies.
Usually it pays anywhere from 60 Thousand US Dollars on up. In this industry it will never go away. The world will need this type of security professionals to take on great safety and security issues.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SecurityResearchGroup.com in Moreno Valley, California

47 months ago

Schell,

It does depend on the type of security consulting you'll be specializing in, retail, computer, industrial (my niche), forensic, etc.
I have been working in the security management field for 18 years, with law enforcement and military before that. Organizational and time management are good to have, along with dealing with vendors, senior mgmt, security survey, etc.
I attended a security consulting seminar from the International Association of Professional Security Consultants (IAPSC) in 2004. They stated $150/hr was the going rate then, even for start-up companies.

Mike

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.